• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't checked on this thread in a few days. Let's see how things are going...
I've fallen in love with a girl in an animu. I won't say who. It's an interesting revelation.

The thing about it is, it depresses me to know that no one can ever be as perfect in real life. She is written in a way that's just not possible in reality. I probably shouldn't admit to this so freely, but whatever.

As a shitty amateur writer, I wouldn't even want to write a character like this (if I could), because that would be even more pathetic; to fall in love with a character I wrote. Actually, that's a pretty good premise... I bet it's been done before. I bet fan fiction is like that (which I've never read or intend to).

Life lesson: don't ever watch romantic animes unless you're prepared to fall in love. Or you're normal.

(I'll get over it, I'm sure, it's only been a few days).

...huh. Well then...

ibyea

Banned
I just read that Netflix is thinking of dabbling in anime production. I'm cautiously excited! I find most netflix original content has been really good, so looking forward to their anime endeavors.

I doubt they would go into manga adaption though. Manga publishers sell the rights to studios, but i don't know why a japanese manga publisher would go all the way to netflix to make a show, when there are plenty of studios in the country itself. I'm guessing netflix would make something original.

They'll probably just end up on production committees, help finance a project, and retain streaming rights of whatever as a result.

Netflix is getting into the anime business? Interesting!

ibyea

Banned
I've fallen in love with a girl in an animu. I won't say who. It's an interesting revelation.

The thing about it is, it depresses me to know that no one can ever be as perfect in real life. She is written in a way that's just not possible in reality. I probably shouldn't admit to this so freely, but whatever.

As a shitty amateur writer, I wouldn't even want to write a character like this (if I could), because that would be even more pathetic; to fall in love with a character I wrote. Actually, that's a pretty good premise... I bet it's been done before. I bet fan fiction is like that (which I've never read or intend to).

Life lesson: don't ever watch romantic animes unless you're prepared to fall in love. Or you're normal.

well, this is awkward..

Cornbread78

Whoever it is, they will be ridiculed, which I'd rather not happen.

We love all waifu's here. Well, maybe not, but of it was true love nobody should sway you from screaming her name from the mountain tops.

cornbread

if canon says asuna are you gonna get defensive?

Lol. I'm not sure who my waifu is,lol.

nah, she is loved by millions already. She deserves all the love she can get.

Swamped

Banned
They'll probably just end up on production committees, help finance a project, and retain streaming rights of whatever as a result.

You're probably right, but if it's just this that would be disappointing lol. To the average netflix consumer, that would look the same as what they currently do regarding streaming anime.

Swamped

Banned
That's some stalwart devotion. This dude is secretly a shounen protagonist.

Maybe even a harem anime protagonist? XD

Sorry, i actually have no idea what's going on here, i don't really follow this thread that closely lol. Regardless, follow your dreams Canon!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Time to write some fan fiction mate. Don't publish it, just write it. It'll make younfeel better.

But seriously, what's the anime? Clannad? Sao? Nisekoi? Im@s?

pbayne

Maybe even a harem anime protagonist? XD

Sorry, i actually have no idea what's going on here, i don't really follow this thread that closely lol. Regardless, follow your dreams Canon!

Nah he's actually settled on a girl. Harem protagonists are gay, think about it how many have you ever seen actually go out with a girl?

TUSR

Banned
Nah he's actually settled on a girl. Harem protagonists are gay, think about it how many have you ever seen actually go out with a girl?

PogChamp.png

Quasar

That would be amazing.

Well you'd think for Netflix Japan it would be quite important. Get some of the anime folks signing up to get whatever exclusive anime Netflix Japan would make.

And hell Netflix could probably offer a better deal that what at least some anime makers currently get.

TUSR

Banned
ive asked haly multiple times if he wants to have a relationship like kumiko and reina with me

but he keeps turning me down

ibyea

Banned
Well you'd think for Netflix Japan it would be quite important. Get some of the anime folks signing up to get whatever exclusive anime Netflix Japan would make.

And hell Netflix could probably offer a better deal that what at least some anime makers currently get.

Well I was responding more to the idea of Monster being in Netflix but that too!

Swamped

Banned
There is a manga about that. I think it's called "I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me"

This sounds hilarious. How have i not heard of this? I feel like i need to hang out here more often.

There's also a reverse harem manga called "Kiss him, not me!" in which the four guys are in love with the girl, but she just wants them to hook up with each other. (It's surprisingly good!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom