• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good harem is one that never gets too serious, but still allows me to enjoy funny likable characters.

It helps if they're a bit self-aware too.

Most of them, like most romantic works in general, are terrible.

But some of them are alright.

JulianImp

If Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei counts, then at least it isn't much of a power fantasy.

I don't know, since several girl students didn't appear to be all that interested in their teacher in the episodes I watched. It was wacky as hell and entertaining at first, but I couldn't keep watching after the main cast was introduced and each of them had a single thing they'd do every single time they showed up.

I'm excited about a Netflix anime. Its good to see the industry get support from such a titan.

Maybe they can adapt the rest of Spice & Wolf :)

Shit, those SNAFU posts made me angry (great video though, lol)
But a S&W S3 would be epic..

SNAFU will be coming soon. The LNs at least. I hope!

I finished S2 of Spice & Wolf and I absolutely adored it. Bought the first 6 LNs and reading through them now. Just been on a huge Halo binge I havent gotten the time to write my thoughts about S&W but I'll get to that sometime this week.

The LNs are really well written. Theyre also huge books too. I think these 6 will keep me busy for a few months.

I'm excited about a Netflix anime. Its good to see the industry get support from such a titan.

Maybe they can adapt the rest of Spice & Wolf :)

I don't think you should expect Netflix to cater to a small number of franchise fans like that. Looking at the anime Netflix is already investing money in, Knights of Sidonia and the upcoming Ajin, it seems likely they'll focus on CG anime, particularly from Polygon Pictures.

Maho Girls Precure

CS5aPMrWUAAqAKs.png:large

ibyea

Banned
So the Nagato Yuki OVA is a second "Endless Eight" episode. That's a cute way to "troll" people I suppose. lol

I wish someone would make something as audacious as Endless Eight these days. It really was the most exciting use of the medium and still really hasn't been topped.

why would they do that...

Canon

Banned
I've fallen in love with a girl in an animu. I won't say who. It's an interesting revelation.

The thing about it is, it depresses me to know that no one can ever be as perfect in real life. She is written in a way that's just not possible in reality. I probably shouldn't admit to this so freely, but whatever.

As a shitty amateur writer, I wouldn't even want to write a character like this (if I could), because that would be even more pathetic; to fall in love with a character I wrote. Actually, that's a pretty good premise... I bet it's been done before. I bet fan fiction is like that (which I've never read or intend to).

Life lesson: don't ever watch romantic animes unless you're prepared to fall in love. Or you're normal.

(I'll get over it, I'm sure, it's only been a few days).

I've fallen in love with a girl in an animu. I won't say who. It's an interesting revelation.

The thing about it is, it depresses me to know that no one can ever be as perfect in real life. She is written in a way that's just not possible in reality. I probably shouldn't admit to this so freely, but whatever.

As a shitty amateur writer, I wouldn't even want to write a character like this (if I could), because that would be even more pathetic; to fall in love with a character I wrote. Actually, that's a pretty good premise... I bet it's been done before. I bet fan fiction is like that (which I've never read or intend to).

Life lesson: don't ever watch romantic animes unless you're prepared to fall in love. Or you're normal.

you in too deep bro

I can almost swear there's a western movie about an artist who falls in love with a character he creates.

Puruzi

Banned

This that real ass waifuism.

You do you bro.

Narag

Korbo gets us all sooner or later.

This is the apex of waifu-dom.

You're in too deep... unless you're under 18, then whatever, print out a paper and penetrate it until you're 18.

Canon

Banned
This is the apex of waifu-dom.

You're in too deep... unless you're under 18, then whatever, print out a paper and penetrate it until you're 18.
That ain't it. It's not about how attractive they are, it's the writing I'm really into.

You're probably thinking, "Yeah right, this fucker's jacking it to some anime." I'm really not though.

Jesus, people, look at yourselves.

Is this what the boy needs to hear?

No, we need to sit him down, and listen to the girl he's interested in...

..and then judge him based off of her.

Tell you right now, if it's a SAO girl, you done fucked up.

Narag

Jesus, people, look at yourselves.

Is this what the boy needs to hear?

No, we need to sit him down, and listen to the girl he's interested in...

..and then judge him based off of her.

Tell you right now, if it's a SAO girl, you done fucked up.

Not if it's Lizbest. Independent small business owner? Can't go wrong there.

pbayne

i wonder if Netflix are gonna produce Their own original shows or if they'll just adapt works or even fund someone else to do it? In my mind the two most "Western" type anime ever were probably Panty and Stocking and Tiger and Bunny, so anything similar to those could be great.

Jesus I don't look forward to the inevitable bitching about "uh if Netflix made it its not an anime."

That ain't it. It's not about how attractive they are, it's the writing I'm really into.

You're probably thinking, "Yeah right, this fucker's jacking it to some anime." I'm really not though.

I mean many of us have been in the situation where a written character is like our idealized romantic partner. Give it some weeks and watch other romantic anime. You might find that you're simply really invested in the particular show for the moment.

Syrinx

bruh...

Canon

Banned
I mean we've all been in the situation where a written character is like our idea of an idealized romantic partner. Give it some weeks and watch other romantic anime. You might find that you're simply really invested in the particular show for the moment.
Yeah, I just felt like sharing the feeling. I will get over it.

I'm pretty sure everyone else jacks it at some point. Just saying be careful of the paper cuts. They hurt.

Now we can really confirm just how little there is to watch on Tuesdays

The fact that I'm here is a testament.

If that's how you feel, maybe you should step away from romance shows for a while.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Give us the year the show aired so that we may debate amongst ourselves.

I'm going to pretend that it's Amagami because we haven't had an Amagami best girl argument in years and I want an Amagami best girl argument.

Anime fans...tsk

i wonder if Netflix are gonna produce Their own original shows or if they'll just adapt works or even fund someone else to do it? In my mind the two most "Western" type anime ever were probably Panty and Stocking and Tiger and Bunny, so anything similar to those could be great.

Jesus I don't look forward to the inevitable bitching about "uh if Netflix made it its not an anime."

Polygon Pictures

CG has the higher international appeal. Knights of Sidonia and the incoming Ajin are all already "Netflix Productions".

I'm going to pretend that it's Amagami because we haven't had an Amagami best girl argument in years and I want an Amagami best girl argument.

Because we all shared the opinion that Hibiki Tsukahara was the true heroine of Amagami.

jbug617

Banned

I think you have to reveal this waifu. She might belong to another.

jk.

Jintor

After hours with animegaf.

Hello and welcome back to After Hours with AnimeGAF. Tonight: Waifus. We've all known about the waifu epidemic for years, but a particular strain is hitting hard tonight: actually falling in love with actual characters, instead of just using them as a flag to rally under when mock-warring with other forum denziens. What can be done? Find out: now.

jgminto

Buy a dakimakura so you can freely express your love.

Narag

It's going to be a Nisekoi and we'll all be ashamed, not of him, but of ourselves.

Swamped

Banned
I just read that Netflix is thinking of dabbling in anime production. I'm cautiously excited! I find most netflix original content has been really good, so looking forward to their anime endeavors.

I doubt they would go into manga adaption though. Manga publishers sell the rights to studios, but i don't know why a japanese manga publisher would go all the way to netflix to make a show, when there are plenty of studios in the country itself. I'm guessing netflix would make something original.

Narag

I just read that Netflix is thinking of dabbling in anime production. I'm cautiously excited! I find most netflix original content has been really good, so looking forward to their anime endeavors.

I doubt they would go into manga adaption though. Manga publishers sell the rights to studios, but i don't know why a japanese manga publisher would go all the way to netflix to make a show, when there are plenty of studios in the country itself. I'm guessing netflix would make something original.

They'll probably just end up on production committees, help finance a project, and retain streaming rights of whatever as a result.

Canon

Banned
God damn, I expected a bit more understanding. If I only I was a masochist then these insults would comfort me.

Nah, it's fine, I'm sure you're all just looking out for me deep down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom