• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunrise List 9- Fucking Amuro Ray

Why does Japan love Amuro? I can't wrap my head around it. He constantly bitches and moans about everything. Even when people compliment him he finds some way to cry about it. What is the charm/appeal of his character? I know he gets a little bit better in Zeta but he's still insufferable.

Also Kilua not in top ten of HxH is a sin.

Amuro I like, his growth from 0079 and Zeta was well done. Is saying he complains is somehow supposed to be a knock to his character? He was like 14 and there are kids that are 100x worse then him. That is before CCA ruined everything for both Amuro and Char by dredging up an old rivalry that they were both clearly way over.

Yeah Killua should be higher but you will see a character you will always vote for and one you will never vote for and that skews things

Ascheroth

Yeah, that's definitely where I felt it too. If I remember right, Tow Ubukata took over writing completely at this point, whereas the earlier episodes were already done and he didn't want to delay production by rewriting everything.

The altered personalities really bring Shoko's and Koyo's behaviors into a different light, looking back on it. And the Mark Funf is fantastic, easily my favorite Fafner.

Yeah, that certainly changes a few things.
Anyway, you weren't kidding when you said things are picking up.

Fafner 13

Really good episode. Lots of plot bombs dropped, even though I probably only get half of them at this point.
So, collecting my thoughts: The Festums arrival in Japan spread a virus that made people unable to conceive, among other things. The rest of the world decided to nuke Japan to prevent the virus from spreading.
Alvis is made up of survivors and all the children are artificially birthed and got some Festum immunity due to that.

Michios dad is hiding Festums that have assimilated with humans on the Human Base, one of them is Kazukis mum. It looks like she belonged to a faction that strived to understand Festums instead of fighting them, so maybe she actually let herself willingly be assimilated and the plan is to teach them about humanity.
But things backfire and the Assimilated Ones start an attack on the base with a huge Festum army, which one of them broadcasts with fancy crystal-satellite linking power to destroy morale right after the Neo UN broadcasted some hope-propaganda based on Kazukis Fafner, which made Soushi and co realize Kazuki is fighting there and Mizoguchi and Maya are now on their way to get him back.
Meanwhile Neo UN already gave the base up and start an attack on the island to get the rest of the Fafners.
And it seems like a mech upgrade is happening for Kazuki.

Wow.

pbayne

Because a character with flaws that goes through character development and matures is a good character?

But he still has those flaws. And having strong beliefs and what not is fine but when you completely flip-flop on them you look like a spoiled idiot. First he wants to be soldier, then he doesn't, then he does, then he doesn't again. And every time he goes through that he puts all his friends lives in danger, what a hero.

Like you could normally excuse it because he's a kid but the show trys to portray him as somewhat trained soldier. What soldier would constantly abandon his comrades because he was upset?

Yu Yu Hakusho - 22 & 23

The fashion style in this show is off the charts!
New bad guy looking like Duke Nukem or something is a bit lame when the sky is the limit with design possibility. The Youkai at the end of 22 looked more grotesque than what's usually shown, which I like.
I was slightly disappointed in the quick finish a la indiana jones, as I would've liked to see what abilities such a creature could posses.

The stylish looking split second frames returns, having been absent far too long!
While the show more than often have interesting camera work (especially in the previous arc), I think this little snip from 23 is my favorite so far:

324234234234ljsuf.gif

Busaiku

So does Funimation have anything going on tonight?
Noragami and stuff don't start till next week, but all the Summer shows are over.

K-On! - 01

The song they played towards the end is the one that can be heard in Eva too, right? 2nd Rebuild Movie when all goes bananas? Gotta search for that again, great track.

So it's kinda weird finally watching a show you've heard so damn much about (and even seen a few short clips here and there) and realizing that it isn't quite like what you'd expected—while still actually being just that after all. I guess it's just very hard to predict how a show actually feels overall until you watch it, especially when it's at the hand of capable directors.

Anyways, the direction the 'plot' is going to take is clearly indicated...

I can't imagine that being interesting for very long which means the characters need to make up for that. That aspect is hard to judge early on although I can't say I'm liking Yui much. Being a major klutz with a rather childish mental level may be endearing to some degree but if that better not be all she brings to the table.

First episode was alright. It's, as expected, moe girls being moe in a nicely animated fashion as expected from KyoAni. Curious just how much of a role the music will actually play.

edit:
Found it: Tsubasa wo Kudasai

Ascheroth

Fafner 14

Whoa, wait. That new Festum looked amazing, but does that mean all Festums are basically assimilated humans, or is that only true for the stronger ones?
It also looks like the two Assimilated Ones weren't on the same side after all. Kazukis mom delivered the new mech to Kazuki and eradicated the strong Festum like a boss. This all really makes me curious about the purpose of the Festum and how assimilation works in detail, because apperently the original mind, or rather some of its will, continues to exist.

The island gets occupied and Makabe doesn't retaliate. But it's useless for the Neo UN at this point, because the 'core' woke up and is now moving around with the evacuees.
Does that last scene imply that Kazuki and the 'core' are somehow connected or maybe even related?

Sakurako-san 05

Ehhhh idk. The show has such great potential, yet I can't shake off this feeling. The whole show is starting to feel... Boring. Also that last part while the man was dying and losing blood, it felt a bit too cheesy for me. This show is gradually losing me.

Syrinx

Monogatari Second Season 10

Dumb as I thought the reason for the world "ending" in this new timeline was, I'd be lying if I said I didn't really like this conclusion to the arc.

Shame that grown up Hachikuji probably won't be seen again.

Prison School:Season 1 Modern day masterpiece. Reminds me of GTO. Reading the manga and it seems like Season 2 is going to be crazy too. Hana and Gokuto are the best characters.

Sunrise's number one character:

http://i.imgur.com/Rsdshqn.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
No

[B]Sakurako-san 05
[/B]

It was kind of obvious from the last episode he was trying to kill himself, but Sakurako's explanation of how exactly he was going through the motions on doing it are what made this episode interesting.

Fafner 14

Whoa, wait. That new Festum looked amazing, but does that mean all Festums are basically assimilated humans, or is that only true for the stronger ones?

It also looks like the two Assimilated Ones weren't on the same side after all. Kazukis mom delivered the new mech to Kazuki and eradicated the strong Festum like a boss. This all really makes me curious about the purpose of the Festum and how assimilation works in detail, because apperently the original mind, or rather some of its will, continues to exist.

The island gets occupied and Makabe doesn't retaliate. But it's useless for the Neo UN at this point, because the 'core' woke up and is now moving around with the evacuees.
Does that last scene imply that Kazuki and the 'core' are somehow connected or maybe even related?

I dont think that can apply for all festum there are so many lesser ones.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is that show actually any good, or are you just watching it ironically?

I never watch things ironically. Morbid curiosity maybe, but never just because.

Yes, it's technically a harem and yes it's fan servicey. But it's fully self aware and can be rather amusing. Not going to pretend it's high brow but it's one of the better shows this season. Though I will say warn there's one character in the show that would cause most of Off Topic to die from a brain haemorrhage.

Narag

Speaking of character polls and people being wrong I found this site everyone has probably already messed around with two years ago! It lets you rank characters from shit and show off how much better taste you have then other lesser people. I did some for funsies but only selected the shows I actually watched -

I think I did the hxh one too. can't remember my results

edit:

science coming through wtth these results

CTAmzZVWcAIV4ww.png:large

Canon

Banned
Dragonball Evolution

>_>
I only remember saying I liked it for personal reasons. The music by Brian Tyler was great, and it was fun just to see anything Dragonball in theaters. I never said it was a good movie, but for certain reasons I don't hate it. I even had access to a screenplay from the film that was never released to the public, which was much more faithful to the manga (not the Ben Ramsey one which is available online).

Phatmac

Funny episode like usual. The VA work for Kagura was great as she had to change her voice several times and did it well. I'm always surprised when hearing her regular anime voice as it sounds so different from her Kagura voice. The QUALITY in some scenes is noticeable as I'm sure they're getting ready to deliver in the Shogun X arc. Never been a big OkitaxKagura fan but they do work well of each other so I'm excited for next week. I'm surprised how well Kagura works with the straight man routine when I'm so used to Shinpachi filling that role. Sad to see Kagura die this week though. Hopefully her funeral money is spent well on Gin-chan's patchinko addiction. RIP Kagura.

Mailbox

I finished all of Koroko's Basketball, but I think i'm gonna refrain from giving an opinion for later.

Let me just say that while i do like Haikyuu!! more, i do think that this was a damn good sports anime. I would have liked to see more of the dog though :p

EDIT: And just so that no one forgets, the 3rd (and final) season aired this year, and has some damn good animation.

It not quite as serious, but there was an episode of Pokemon DP that was literally edited at the last second to stop a lawsuit basically.

The brown haired character hair here...
230px-Hamilton.png

originally looked like this...
210px-Blue_Haired_Hamilton.png

and was a reference to the main character from a manga series called Dokonjō Gaeru. The makers of the manga apparently did not appreciate the reference.

Jaxec

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 2012 Re-watch Episode 1

Dio kicks the crap out of Jojo's dog for no reason.

tumblr_inline_n4xky3k93i1sdgf57.png

Dio beats the crap out of Jojo for no reason.

341d4ba3-s.jpg

Dio kisses and slaps Jojo's girl for no reason.

CBdwLNRW8AADZt8.png

Dio kills Jojo's dog for no reason.

dannyburned.jpeg

I kind of forgot how much of a douche Dio is in Phantom Blood, but now I have been reminded. Even with all the shit he did in the first episode alone I question as to why I love the man so much. Damn you Dio! Damn you and your charisma!

tumblr_inline_n5c5icE6101r0j6cl.gif

I finished all of Koroko's Basketball, but I think i'm gonna refrain from giving an opinion for later.

Let me just say that while i do like Haikyuu!! more, i do think that this was a damn good sports anime. I would have liked to see more of the dog though :p

EDIT: And just so that no one forgets, the 3rd (and final) season aired this year, and has some damn good animation.

Oh yeah I still have to finish the third season. I left off at Akashi making plebs kneel before him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom