• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephLuis

Shomin Sample 5

CJ5hX0D.jpg

Beautiful.

Is that show actually any good, or are you just watching it ironically?

I never watch things ironically. Morbid curiosity maybe, but never just because.

Yes, it's technically a harem and yes it's fan servicey. But it's fully self aware and can be rather amusing. Not going to pretend it's high brow but it's one of the better shows this season. Though I will say warn there's one character in the show that would cause most of Off Topic to die from a brain haemorrhage.

Shomin Sample - 05

I was fearing that this would turn into a mindless harem type of anime, but I am glad I was wrong. There is the harem, but it's so self-aware that it's used for comedy instead of fan service.

The ending of this last episode had me laughing a lot. Kirito comes back and "ok, what the hell is happening here? "

Cornbread78

Sakurako ep.5
That was kind of an unexpected ending. I was expecting mob ties if something, not that.. It was an ok mystery arc, but a step back from the previous 2 episodes.

JulianImp

I'll be damned, but Non Non Biyori manages to make me care infinitely more about its cast than 90% of the shows I've been watching lately. Just watched S1E4 and seeing Renge play with the girl who was visiting her grandma was great. The scene where she just stood there after being told that her new friend had to return to the city earlier was amazing... seeing her expression slowly change as she tried to hold back the tears was really something, and the long silence that lasted until several scenes later worked way better than any expository narration ever could.

There's something about this show and its characters I just like. Maybe it's that Renge's childishness and the way she acts both feel really natural to me. Then there's also the use of dialog-less scenes that really set the mood and work wonders for a calm show such as this. If it were any other anime, I'd easily picture lots and lots of unnecessary dialogues or narration going on during those scenes, which would definitely change their tone for the worse.

Also, another Gu sighting! Man, I love that random raccoon for some reason, even though it only does nothing.

Phatmac

Expected the first mystery but didn't expect the husband to take such drastic measures considering there could've been a better way to solve it. I'm guessing the financial man will be a returning antagonist since he walked away from the incident without punishment. Glad Sakurako is having none of the incompetent cop's shit as she belittles him well this episode.

Sakurako ep.5
That was kind of an unexpected ending. I was expecting mob ties if something, not that.. It was an ok mystery arc, but a step back from the previous 2 episodes.

Yeah the show may have knocked a point or two down for me. I mean it's still good enough to watch, there is nothing else on Wednesdays anyway, but I don't find the show as interesting as I'd hoped. I would go as far as saying that I'm more excited for the 2 Saturday LN trash shows than this.

Phatmac

Lots of cute moments between best ship Ayano and Kyoko. Some surprising cute moments between Chinatsu and Ayano as well while picking out clothes. All of that was fine but man I need this shirt right NOW!

Sunrise List 9- Fucking Amuro Ray

Why does Japan love Amuro? I can't wrap my head around it. He constantly bitches and moans about everything. Even when people compliment him he finds some way to cry about it. What is the charm/appeal of his character? I know he gets a little bit better in Zeta but he's still insufferable.

Also Kilua not in top ten of HxH is a sin.

Amuro, like many Gundam protagonists, develops into a much more likable character than where he originally started. For a kid who is thrust into a war after watching his childhood friend's parents blown up in front of him, he handles the mentality of war fairly well. He is written in such a way that it is understandable, at least for me, to see him whine and be rebellious at times, due to the nature of him being on a ship run by kids and teens. He's given such an incredible power and he is expected to do nearly impossible things so it makes sense that he would find compliments and congratulations weird considering the constant killing he does and how often he risks his life.

Jintor

I'll be damned, but Non Non Biyori manages to make me care infinitely more about its cast than 90% of the shows I've been watching lately. Just watched S1E4 and seeing Renge play with the girl who was visiting her grandma was great. The scene where she just stood there after being told that her new friend had to return to the city earlier was amazing... seeing her expression slowly change as she tried to hold back the tears was really something, and the long silence that lasted until several scenes later worked way better than any expository narration ever could.

There's something about this show and its characters I just like. Maybe it's that Renge's childishness and the way she acts both feel really natural to me. Then there's also the use of dialog-less scenes that really set the mood and work wonders for a calm show such as this. If it were any other anime, I'd easily picture lots and lots of unnecessary dialogues or narration going on during those scenes, which would definitely change their tone for the worse.

Also, another Gu sighting! Man, I love that random raccoon for some reason, even though it only does nothing.

NNB is a work of art, especially renge. I think the most important thing the show does is that it knows how to use quiet very well, and it knows how to direct the camera in a really - well, for lack of a better word, realistic kind of way.

Non Non Biyori was a gift from the anime Gods themselves. It accomplishes so much in just one scene, which is more than some anime are able to do in one cour. There's a lot of "show, dont tell" moments that are so well executed. That background art and soundtrack too.

Happy to say season 2 was also fantastic, and might actually be better than the first. Thats quite an accomplishment.

Cornbread78

They are my Noble Masters ep.1-3
First of all, this show is ecchi trash. Second of all, it is fucking funny as hell. I mean, the dude (runaway turned butler) has a harem of a family of sisters, the security lady, the female cook, his own sister, and now maybe the butler, lol. Most of the cast so far is adult, with the youngest being in HS. I mean, it's full of tropes and ecchi otaku shit, but the presentation is unique and pretty damn funny. They tried yo show some kind of tragic backstory for the MC and his nee-san, but it's not a focus.. This should be an interesting watch.

Phatmac

NNB is perfection in anime form. It has so much heart and does so much right with love able characters. Glad your enjoying it.

Line_HTX

They are my Noble Masters ep.1-3
First of all, this show is ecchi trash. Second of all, it is fucking funny as hell. I mean, the dude (runaway turned butler) has a harem of a family of sisters, the security lady, the female cook, his own sister, and now maybe the butler, lol. Most of the cast so far is adult, with the youngest being in HS. I mean, it's full of tropes and ecchi otaku shit, but the presentation is unique and pretty damn funny. They tried yo show some kind of tragic backstory for the MC and his nee-san, but it's not a focus.. This should be an interesting watch.

Based Itou Shizuka voice.

wonzo

Banned
osomatsu-san 1

looked really nice but it suffered badly from this really terrible barrage of unfunny reference humour. hopefully the reworked version will turn out better.

jbug617

Banned

Great show. The characters seem real to me.

sonicmj1

If only i knew japanese because google translate isn't helping my knowledge of the situation.

It isn't too complicated.

According to their website, the Osomatsu-san production committee has decided to remove episode 1 from the first volume of the Blu-Ray and DVD. The new volume 1 will include Episode 2, Episode 3, and a brand-new piece of animation (I guess you could call it an OVA).

Episode 1 of Osomatsu-san is also being removed from pretty much every legit Japanese digital distribution service on November 12th.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That episode, and particularly that moment of just focusing on Renge without cutting, is one of the highlights of that year. It's probably the least "animated" sequence in terms of making any sakuga lists or whatever, but I would say it's probably one of the most genuinely emotional moments that I've ever seen in an anime.

It's pretty straightforward if you're not ANN - the TV version of Osomatsu-san Episode 1 is getting removed from streaming sites and will not be on the BD release. The first BD volume will have a newly animated replacement, as well as episodes 2 and 3. That's it.
What did they do in that episode?

The only other case I remember of something being pulled is that shoujo manga being completely wiped from the face of the earth because it was discovered that the mangaka traced art.

What did they do in that episode?

The only other case I remember of something being pulled is that shoujo manga being completely wiped from the face of the earth because it was discovered that the mangaka traced art.

The main cast of Osomatsu-kun, after rejoicing about their new anime, were concerned that being from the Showa era they would be unable to appeal to today's audiences. So they tried adapting themselves to various formulas from popular anime of the current era in increasingly absurd ways until everything collapsed in on itself. So they gave up, and the cast grew up in adults without figuring out what to do, and thus we get Osomatsu-san.

The implication behind this move is that some IP owners were unhappy that their properties were treated in a less than reverent manner, and so pressured the companies on the Osomatsu-san production committee to pull the episode from circulation.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The main cast of Osomatsu-kun, after rejoicing about their new anime, were concerned that being from the Showa era they would be unable to appeal to today's audiences. So they tried adapting themselves to various formulas from popular anime of the current era in increasingly absurd ways until everything collapsed in on itself. So they gave up, and the cast grew up in adults without figuring out what to do, and thus we get Osomatsu-san.

The implication behind this move is that some IP owners were unhappy that their properties were treated in a less than reverent manner, and so pressured the companies on the Osomatsu-san production committee to pull the episode from circulation.

Japanese parody laws still don't make sense to me, considering what people seem to get away with.

Like when Hayate or Gintama bleep out names of anime/games, are they doing that for the joke or because they actually have to?

FluxWaveZ

Gintama 182 - 184 — Character Poll Arc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usjwNp3s94c
Watching through Gintama, this is the first arc I've felt compelled to express my opinions on. It wasn't my favorite, but it was certainly one of the best and most memorable that there's been up to this point.

It's already kind of a Battle Royale concept, so I'm immediately in it for that. It's a really cool idea to have all of these distinct characters engage in a free-for-all conflict with such a silly concept of making it to the top of the popularity poll at its center (which also totally makes sense, somehow).

A whole lot of entertaining callbacks to previous character interactions, scenes and such. I was hoping that they'd truly go all-out with this and some of the characters who would be highly out of place but ranked highly like Takasugi (#4) would still have an actual role, but maybe that'd be too much, heh.

Alliances, betrayals, schemes... this had it all. Even the mastermind turned out to be an awesome reveal.

FluxWaveZ

Was there a Shinpachi being the glasses joke in that arc? Those are always amazing.

Heh, of course. One of the points Sogo brings up that casts Shinpachi as the potential suspect behind the "poll murders" is that
Hasegawa, who is taken out relatively early, shares the same character gag with Shinpachi in that both their characters are essentially their glasses.

Haibane Renmei Episode 11
download_1.png

Wow, this show is going places now. And perhaps most surprisingly, it's doing it in a very natural and understanding way.
The exact reasons for the "why" of some characters isn't exactly clear, but the reasons for their actions and thoughts are understandable, even relatable.

Really solid show. Can't wait to watch the ending tomorrow.

Phatmac

Gintama 182 - 184 — Character Poll Arc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usjwNp3s94c

Watching through Gintama, this is the first arc I've felt compelled to express my opinions on. It wasn't my favorite, but it was certainly one of the best and most memorable that there's been up to this point.

It's already kind of a Battle Royale concept, so I'm immediately in it for that. It's a really cool idea to have all of these distinct characters engage in a free-for-all conflict with such a silly concept of making it to the top of the popularity poll at its center (which also totally makes sense, somehow).

A whole lot of entertaining callbacks to previous character interactions, scenes and such. I was hoping that they'd truly go all-out with this and some of the characters who would be highly out of place but ranked highly like Takasugi (#4) would still have an actual role, but maybe that'd be too much, heh.

Alliances, betrayals, schemes... this had it all. Even the mastermind turned out to be an awesome reveal.
Probably one of my favorite comedy arcs in the whole show. Lots of great fun moments like Sadaharu beating up Elizabeth viciously and the fights in general are fun. It also introduced the Fist of the North Star song I believe. The MS paint OP is also one of my favorite moments.

Syrinx

Monogatari Second Series 12

Gotta say I wasnt expecting Ougi to be Miyako from Hidamari Sketch.

Forgot how much I loved the simple yet evocative music in this franchise.

wonzo

Banned
osomatsu-san 2-4

better overall then the first one but it's still not that funny, if anything it's made far worse by the constant repetition of really mediocre gags. shows still real nice to look at so i'll stick with it for that

wonzo

Banned
hackadoll 5

cosigning that this is the only good thing triggers produced outside of lwa & a handful of animator expo things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom