• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

That episode, and particularly that moment of just focusing on Renge without cutting, is one of the highlights of that year. It's probably the least "animated" sequence in terms of making any sakuga lists or whatever, but I would say it's probably one of the most genuinely emotional moments that I've ever seen in an anime.

Also, Renge's only spoken "lines" being two stifled whinces really made that scene for me. I knew she'd probably be back to her old self a couple scenes later, but her reaction to such a mundane and relatable event was more moving than almost anything I've watched before. I got more invested in Renge's friendship with a character that showed up for ten minutes at most than for all the characters I've ever seen with tragic pasts and heroic deeds and sacrifices under their belt.

It was a huge contrast to having just finished watching Angel Beats, which was the complete opposite of NNB: lots of over-the-top DRAMA that didn't move me an inch because I was never able to empathize with the cast and the things they had to go through. Thinking that a show about a group of young girls living in rural Japan gets to be more funny, tear-jerking and overall compelling than all the grandiose stories we tend to see in anime is really weird, but I guess it's because the characters are written more like actual people and less like a mass of characterization tropes mashed together. I mean the tropes are there, yeah, but they still contribute to scenes and exchanges that feel a lot more natural than in most other anime.

I could watch TLR: Darkness until the end of time with Momo being the main character.

Now you're platinum harenchi.

I don't really see it that way. The lack of any resentment from Gon and the whole inspiring talk at the top of the tree, paint him in quite positive light. Not very far removed from Goku.

Also goddamn you, now I'm wasting my time clicking through those.

That's from Gon's perspective and Gon is kind of an idiot.

Decide to test it out

Gainax trigger

So many no.2

I approve of your Monogatarais

kewlmyc

I can't comprehend why anyone would watch the censored version of an ecchi series. It's like you're missing over half the content.

Line_HTX

People also like radio edits of explicit songs. They think it's more enjoyable.

Move [Glass bottle shatters] Get out the way, get out the way [Punch] Get out the way.

Better question: Why would you even watch an ecchi series you despicable perverts?

Because ecchi as a genre can be hilarious if done properly.

Also, yes, tits are rad.

Though, not as rad as asses. Science has proven that asses are, in fact, more rad than tits.

Ascheroth

I dont think that can apply for all festum there are so many lesser ones.

Thinking about it once more, you're probably right.

Fafner 15

Well, the conversation between the two Festum went way over my head.
But on the other hand, a lot of other things became way more tangible with this episode. I really want to see where they are going with that explanation behind the Assimilation phenomenon. What happened between Soshi and Kazuto in the past was explained and with it Kazutos reason for 'constantly denying himself every day' which was explained as the reason why he can pilot Fafner without his personality changing.
I'm kinda intrigued if that will change now that it looks like they'll soon reconcile.
Also, Kazutos mum getting assimilated was apparently really just an accident and not some kind of experiment like I initially thougght.

Because ecchi as a genre can be hilarious if done properly.

Also, yes, tits are rad.

Though, not as rad as asses. Science has proven that asses are, in fact, more rad than tits.
So you are an ass man. I wake up every morning, and I still haven't found my answer. Right when I'm convinced one is better than the other, life slaps me in the face and shows me how much greener the grass is on the other side...

John Blade

What is happening to this thread? It look like it's droping in quality from what I am reading right now.
Please go back to where it was when it wasnt' this bad in quality of discussion.

Meanwhile in Germany

ctdsvj3xiaahopv5lkv3.jpg

K-On! - 06

So Yui goes from complete newbie to a first decent stage performance on the guitar in a few months? I guess I'm supposed to believe everyone's actually training whenever off screen.

So far it's okay. It's pretty generic moe stuff but KyoAni makes it work slightly above average. Pity though that the characters feel so static.

Thinking about it once more, you're probably right.

Fafner 15

Well, the conversation between the two Festum went way over my head.
But on the other hand, a lot of other things became way more tangible with this episode. I really want to see where they are going with that explanation behind the Assimilation phenomenon. What happened between Soshi and Kazuto in the past was explained and with it Kazutos reason for 'constantly denying himself every day' which was explained as the reason why he can pilot Fafner without his personality changing.
I'm kinda intrigued if that will change now that it looks like they'll soon reconcile.
Also, Kazutos mum getting assimilated was apparently really just an accident and not some kind of experiment like I initially thougght.

RIP, Mark Sein's original form.

K-On! - 06

So Yui goes from complete newbie to a first decent stage performance on the guitar in a few months? I guess I'm supposed to believe everyone's actually training whenever off screen.

You don't want to see a realistic portrayal of music practicing, certainly not at this level. It won't be interesting for anyone to watch.

So far it's okay. It's pretty generic moe stuff but KyoAni makes it work slightly above average. Pity though that the characters feel so static.

The first season of K-ON is an average slice-of-life with fairly good production values. It is in episode 13 that it finds a unique voice in what I like to call "magical realism" - not the narrative genre that term normally refers to, but a depiction of ordinary life that heightens its emotions and beauty, turning it into a magical experience. The second season, the movie, and then Hyouka go on to develop this kind of magical realism to a highly refined level.

Cornbread78

Yeah I almost got happy for a second there. Cajun's squee'ing wasn't always my thing but lord knows this thread needs more of that amidst the hate, mocking and sarcasm.

What, you think your special? Nobody asked you for your superior opinion. It's not like your the only one that liked Cajun. Squeeee you buddy and your favorite anime suckS!

you mean like that, right?

9x5nMbn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom