• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't want to see a realistic portrayal of music practicing, certainly not at this level. It won't be interesting for anyone to watch.

Hibike! Euphonium disagrees! It's certainly more interesting than conversations at tea time.

I knew the music aspect is largely servicing as a wrapper for everything else though, so it's not upsetting this isn't a large focus. Still, it feels disjointed to see so little practice actually taking place and suddenly a complete newbie is stage ready out of the sudden. Doesn't help that I didn't get a good sense of time so far. I think a montage here and there would help with both problems quite a lot. Even a very short one.

The first season of K-ON is an average slice-of-life with fairly good production values. It is in episode 13 that it finds a unique voice in what I like to call "magical realism" - not the narrative genre that term normally refers to, but a depiction of ordinary life that heightens its emotions and beauty, turning it into a magical experience. The second season, the movie, and then Hyouka go on to develop this kind of magical realism to a highly refined level.

Curious if I can get a feeling of that towards the end of this season then. I mean it's already there, it's just that the direction and story isn't strong enough to get me invested just yet.

@John Blade

Yeh you can't just go walking around with that avater, man.

Line_HTX

Fuck, I thought the best happened, but it was too good to be true. You're not a Saints fan, John Blade! :mad:

LMAO that headbanging gif. I'm imagining a metal track playing with that gif.

JulianImp

Your avatar made me think I saw seeing ghosts.

Me too. It's funny when you end up linking a poster with their avatar and see it used somewhere else by someone completely unrelated.

Better question: Why would you even watch an ecchi series you despicable perverts?

Can we call you harenchi-sempai?

Seriously, I'm okay with some ecchi in stuff such as Monogatari (except for most of Nise), but other shows definitely take it a little too far (why hey there, Prism Illya!). I'm mostly okay with watching some mindless pervy entertainment every now an then, but most of the time I'd rather watch someting else.

No ecchi > plot with ecchi > ecchi with plot > ecchi

I'm waiting for The Perfect Insider, too ;)

My cousin watched eps 1 and 4 with me, and he liked 4 enough to go and watch 2 and 3 in order to catch up on the mystery. We'll definitely be watching ep 5 later today and throw theories at each other for a while after it's done.

Cornbread78

Do you just reupload Tumblr gifs to Imgur Cornbread?

I have no idea what your talking about....

*whistles*

BGBW just said no Tublr, so I am being a team player....

9x5nMbn.gif

This gif pretty much represents the way my week in the office has been.... The one on the left is me right now......

Ascheroth

Fafner 16

I forgot to mention that episode 14s "are they related?" cliffhanger fakout in 15 was really amusing.

Aaaanyway. Don't mess with the island, or it will mess with you! So, if I got this right, the core is actually Soushis sister and was basically rigged up to the system that controls the island from birth? That's... rather cruel.
Neo UN scrubs can't handle the islands Fafners so Gobain and crew needed to step up and show them how it's done. Not that it helped much, since they got basically obliterated by the leader Festum. Whose design I really like. I love designs with eyes and mouths and limbs where they do not belong. Having the face as the eyelid certain fits that bill.
Then Kazuki and the Mark Sein arrive at the last second, like every proper hero does, and mop the floor with the big guy, with the help of Soushi with whom he reconciled in the battle, of course,
I'm really interested to see where this reverse assimilating and the crystal stuff is leading to.

I have no idea what your talking about....

*whistles*

BGBW just said no Tublr, so I am being a team player....
lol

phaze

Kyousougiga 03

I forgot how good the soundtrack and it's use was. Maybe cause some of those tracks aren't available on the official release.

The intrigue thickens with quite a bit of foreshadowing that I didn't remember happening, maybe that's why I thought some kinds happened really abruptly and out of the blue.

Ascheroth

Fafner 17

Just when I started to think those recent episode weren't as heavy on the tragedy/despair as the beginning, this episode comes around.
Soushis sister, which just 'woke up' can only live for 3 months. Piloting Fafners is literally reducing you remaining time to live. Soushi has tons of pain supressors to deal with the fact that he sometimes feels the pain of the pilots after the battles.
And the Human Forces fuckers. Trying to blow up your own allies to get rid of the island, how utterly despicable. I can't help but wish the Festums would just wipe away their existence.
At least that low move got Michio to desert them and Kazuto gave Canon a good talk no Jutsu (her character is also quite sad if you think about it), so it looks like both of them are joining Alvis.
Also Mayas existencial crisis continues and I can't help but think this will blow up at the worst possible time.

John Blade

I watched it a while ago. These were created because of a tweet by another animegaffer a few months ago.

I see. Well, hope the other animegaffer like the show or entertain a bit. It's a fun show but nothing too crazy to talk about.

For other people here who don't like me to use the avatar, I miss him a bit here where this place use to be interesting. I guess I keep this till he come back here and then I will change to my original avatar.

I see. Well, hope the other animegaffer like the show or entertain a bit. It's a fun show but nothing too crazy to talk about.

For other people here who don't like me to use the avatar, I miss him a bit here where this place use to be interesting. I guess I keep this till he come back here and then I will change to my original avatar.

Cajunator was permabanned. He's not coming back.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The Perfect Insider Episode 5 The First Two Minutes:

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, so much nope, a thousand times nope, all of the nope.

Fafner 17

Just when I started to think those recent episode weren't as heavy on the tragedy/despair as the beginning, this episode comes around.
Soushis sister, which just 'woke up' can only live for 3 months. Piloting Fafners is literally reducing you remaining time to live. Soushi has tons of pain supressors to deal with the fact that he sometimes feels the pain of the pilots after the battles.
And the Human Forces fuckers. Trying to blow up your own allies to get rid of the island, how utterly despicable. I can't help but wish the Festums would just wipe away their existence.
At least that low move got Michio to desert them and Kazuto gave Canon a good talk no Jutsu (her character is also quite sad if you think about it), so it looks like both of them are joining Alvis.
Also Mayas existencial crisis continues and I can't help but think this will blow up at the worst possible time.

On the other hand, that awkward bonding talk between Soushi and Kazuki was hilarious. That "vending machine conveniently located 11 steps away".

Cornbread78

Cajun didn't choose his battle well, he'll be missed.

20 years later and I have still no idea for what Cajunator was banned.

Look at Woffy's post for a really simple synopsis. It was a BAD BAD night. I left my phone for a couple hours and came back to witness the destruction. I think it was all TLR's fault too! Let's jut say Evilore probably made his one and only vist to AnimeGAF and left quite the impression....

3FA3nZy.gif

Was a bad, bad, night.... Just remember, what happens in the family, stays in the family don't spill to the outside world....

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The Perfect Insider Episode 5 The Rest Of The Episode:

We interrupt your regularly scheduled murder mystery to give you about 10 or so minutes of pointless navel gazing between our leads and the good doctor really did need to get slapped for his moral relativism.

John Blade

Look at Woffy's post for a really simple synopsis. It was a BAD BAD night. I left my phone for a coule hours and came back to whitness the destruction. I think it was all TLR's fault too! Let's jut say Evilore probably made his one and only vist to AnimeGAF and left quite the impression....

3FA3nZy.gif

Was a bad, bad, night.... Just remember, what happens in the family, stays in the family don't spill to the outside world....

Kinda shock when he got banned. Lost a variable person here and do miss him. I do hope he can read this thread so he know they're people here love him and miss him much.

Squeeeeeeee

Cornbread78

Kinda shock when he got banned. Lost a variable person here and do miss him. I do hope he can read this thread so he know they're people here love him and miss him much.

Squeeeeeeee

If nothing else, his "squeeeee's" live on within NFLGAF, LOL. I'll blame it on Lines, and the Saints cronies his influanced, lol.

Look at Woffy's post for a really simple synopsis. It was a BAD BAD night. I left my phone for a coule hours and came back to whitness the destruction. I think it was all TLR's fault too! Let's jut say Evilore probably made his one and only vist to AnimeGAF and left quite the impression....

3FA3nZy.gif

https://youtu.be/2UrzZT-mFTQ

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
It kinda sad seeing people get banned and new people taking their place because It gets kinda confusing having to differentiate between users.

sonicmj1

Armored Trooper VOTOMS: 44-50

Things have gotten very, very real the last two episodes.

At first I felt like the plot developments here were very unearned, but the more I reflect on them the more sense they make. They perfectly suit the way the Secret Society has been acting up until this point.

I really hope this ends in some kind of
Escape from New York type ending where Chirico rejects Wiseman and both empires and makes everyone fuck off forever.

pbayne

How bad could be it be? See you in 20 minutes.

Perfect Insider 5

I want to see how the mystery ends up but Jesus this show makes it hard to stay engaged.

The whole time people were talking all I could think was, "Where is the tension. How does any of this help solve the case". The murder almost seemed irrelevant. Plus whats the point in having a locked room mystery when they constantly let people from the outside in? And every flashback to Magata kills the momentum, I dunno maybe they'll be important in the end but they just seem pointless atm.

And fire whoever is putting this show together in terms of directing and visuals. The entire scene with the prof and nishinono was so drab to look at, just talking while the camera pans from him, to her, to him, to her with no nice visuals or facial expressions or tension building music or anything. You could get away with it if their conversation was really engaging but it just wasn't.

Id compare(or contrast it to) it to Hyouka, in which if you stripped away the great visuals that Kyoani use to explain the mysteries you'd just get a string of rally boring, long conversations. That sums up perfect insider to me,

The Perfect Insider 05

Will we see what the heck happened back in the day via flashback? At this point I cannot even begin to guess who killed her though. Unlike Rokka, which had the players in the guessing game all laid out for you, in this show none of the characters besides the doctor and Moe have been developed enough for me to even begin to think of them as killers. I like the show, the tension, the visuals, but they need to start making the mystery plot move a little better/faster.

Ascheroth

Perfect Insider 5

Urgh, I was close to dropping this right there and then a few times, it was that boring.
There's lots and lots of talking, yet nothing seems relevant to the mystery at hand. Heck, it looks like they shoved the entire murder as far in the back as they could. There is a murderer somewhere in the lab or on the island who quite possibly could have access to the security system, but it seems like no one even cares about that and they have no problems letting someone else visit.
Watching that scene with Nishinosono and the Professor talk about the doctors morality and stuff was torture. No tension at all. Completely boring to look at. They didn't even use a sountrack to cover up the direction. Sorry, but the dialogue itself just wasn't interesting and/or engaging enough on its own.

Perfect Insider strikes me as the type of show that's either gonna be a reasonably interesting mystery story or a complete waste of time.

Mystery stories are often like that.

Perfect Insider strikes me as the type of show that either gonna be a reasonably interesting mystery story or a complete waste of time.

Mystery stories are often like that.

Sakurako-san is quickly becoming the latter sadly. The Perfect Insider was doing great, but this episode dropped the ball.

K-On! - 07

That was honestly a pretty bad Christmas episode. The teacher is a bad character.

Though, Ui and her stark contrast to Yui is always fun to follow.

John Blade

Hi everyone. Still no watch anime. Study hard, very tired. Saying hi, now I leave.

Hello Javac

Hope everything is fine on your side. Same as me as I stop watching anime and did try to go back but stop. Wish you luck and come by when you have the chance.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
We're almost what I assume is halfway in and I'm still very not invested in whatever they have going on but I'm watching because I guess it might get better.

I think invested is the right word to use, watched this far and the series is half over, might as well see where the conclusion is drawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom