• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hacka Doll 6
I'm surprised #3 is a boy. I just figured he was a girl since the rest of them were girls. It was a nice sweet episode though even though that revelation had very little to do with the episode.
Also Wii U with not Splatoon with a dog instead of a cat and local play

Witch Hunter Robin 20

Now we're getting places.
Amon makes his long awaited return and there may finally be some answers that await.
Good episode

On a side note, one thing that stood out in this episode was that Sastre kinda looks like Alucard if he wore the Vlad the Impaler look with his regular clothes.

TUSR

Banned
Hacka Doll 6
I'm surprised #3 is a boy. I just figured he was a girl since the rest of them were girls. It was a nice sweet episode though even though that revelation had very little to do with the episode.
Also Wii U with not Splatoon with a dog instead of a cat and local play

serious question

is hackadoll #3 male?

my buddy showed me a nico link last night and it seemed to imply that.

^

Ascheroth

Fafner 18

Kind of a light-hearted episode with lots of bondings for the greater part, which just makes me feel like things are going to turn bad really soon.
Maya and Yumikos father was a dick and it was nice to see how everyone stood up for Yumiko, but then I somehow can't help but feel a bit sorry for him...
Piloting Fafners increases the Festum-factor of the pilots (the crystals, I'm guessing). Since it was mentioned earlier that piloting is reducing their lifespan, I think its a safe bet to assume that something horrible will happen when that Festum-factor reaches some treshold (could be death, but I'm thinking something along the line of them turning into Festum or getting assimilated). At least the outlook isn't that bleak since Maya and Yumikos mother is in charge of dealing with that.
Canon getting assigned to Shokos mum and then wearing her old clothes was kinda bittersweet.

Ushio and Tora 19

lol wouldn't the Chinese have a different name for Hakumen no Mono if they have a different one for Tora? Do they even call them Youkai?

Other then that, holy shit Hakumen no Mono. How do you even fight that. The eyes in this series are so great, really felt the piercing gaze from Hakumen no Mono.

Noragami Aragato 06

I am pretty glad this whole arc is over. Maybe Bishamon will stop being a shit now?

Sanzigen 10th anniversary announced, called "Bubuki Buranki", coming winter 2016(that's fast)

Staff
Director: Daizen Komatsuda
Character design: Yuusuke Kozaki
Buranki Design: Tatsuya Yoshikawa
Series composition: Jiro Ishii/Yukinori Kitajima
Music: Masaru Yokoyama
Animation: Sanzigen
OP theme: Konomi Suzuki
ED theme: MYTH&ROID

From the Series composition i guess it's a mystery show? i think Jiro Ishii is more known in gaf.

Qurupeke

Noraragami Aragoto 6

Fuck Veena. She was wrong literally all the time. She has been wrong even before the start of the show considering her stupid grudge against Yato. She then decides to free someone that will likely ask for revenge. Also, having all of these regalias WAS stupid. I feel like Kugaha was actually right the whole time, he was just using the wrong method(and he was evil...). I mean, even that Tenjin guy killed his own regalia when it stung him.

Anyway, I hope this story is over now. I need more Nora and the guy that fights with Yato in the OP.

Jaxec

Ushio to Tora 19

Really good episode. Damn Hakumen no Mono is savage. That final glare though.

Heavy Object 6

Really enjoying the show for what it is. Mindless fun. Love the main characters and praise the lord for that Ohohoho!

Sanzigen 10th anniversary announced, called "Bubuki Buranki", coming winter 2016(that's fast)

Staff
Director: Daizen Komatsuda
Character design: Yuusuke Kozaki
Buranki Design: Tatsuya Yoshikawa
Series composition: Jiro Ishii/Yukinori Kitajima
Music: Masaru Yokoyama
Animation: Sanzigen
OP theme: Konomi Suzuki
ED theme: MYTH&ROID

From the Series composition i guess it's a mystery show? i think Jiro Ishii is more known in gaf.

irtqfarg5sp5.jpg

Two CG series next season. 2016 is the year of the Duckroll.

pbayne

Noragami A 6

A drop for me. Same thing happened to me in the last season of Noragami, there's no overall plot or progression so I find it really hard to get into. Just a bunch of loosely connected arcs with just tolerable but not amazing characters.

Not bad by any means but there are a lot of shows i'd rather watch atm.

Heavy Object 6
This show really is unbearably bad. It features the worst comedy and most obnoxious characters you'll find this season, and all the awkward fan service they cram in is made even worse by how all the terrible characters react to it. With all the LN harems airing this season, it's impressive that this turned out to be the worst of them.

Garo - The Crimson Moon - 05

While I do not agree with how this episode's plot went towards the end, I feel they should've at least made it a two parter for what they chose to go with.
It felt very cramped at the end, and there was not enough build-up to warrant an emotional response out of it. Especially when it is connected to what I am going to assume, is a prominent recurring character.

That said I like the newly introduced character(s), hell, even more than I like the two current male leads. I'm sure Namikawa voicing one of the new ones plays a factor in my bias though.
At this point I am also very tired of having to go through the quick, ugly, shitty fighting scenes at the end of every episode. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they shortened this story was because they felt they needed to have at least a fight per episode.

My hope for the future: Namikawa character kills the two current main leads because fuck them, and becomes the new main character, with Seimei.

sonicmj1

I agree with pretty much all you've said however, I do feel that it kind of is a mecha animation showpiece.
It has its moments (like a great sequence in 51 when Chirico is making a run through enemy lines to the entrance of Wiseman's lair), but what I remember most are sequences of robots sliding through space/the ground and then exploding.

I haven't seen much TV level 80s animation, so maybe I lack perspective.

Kagewani 06

Just to reiterate the fact from an earlier episode -

1. Fuck the water
2. Don't go down there
3. Avoid anything that could be called an abyss
4. No really, fuck the water

The way these monsters keep escalating we will end up at Galactus by the end. I guess this is the thing that caused the "Bloop" noise in real life? Also "one of them" there are more of these things? Man fuck the Earth in this show

Hackadoll 06

Draw a girl call it a boy at work.

Man speaking of riding that copyright line there are so many things that are blatant in this episode.

WarCraft Movie Trailer

Orcs look good but I hope the CGI doesn't clash as hard with the humans as it appears or this will likely be Hobbit tier

WoW Legion Cinematic Trailer

RIP Varian

Where was Illidan

wrath and cata still have the best trailers

kewlmyc

Heavy Object 6
This show really is unbearably bad. It features the worst comedy and most obnoxious characters you'll find this season, and all the awkward fan service they cram in is made even worse by how all the terrible characters react to it. With all the LN harems airing this season, it's impressive that this turned out to be the worst of them.

Kinda disappointing if true since it was made by the guy who made Index. That series at least had interesting world building and powers.

Fafner Exodus Episode 19

Now that is what one ought to call good anime writing. Most intense episode of the season
almost though Sui would be added to the list and they would lose Amaterasu but thankfully Canon and others saved him just in time.

Heavy Object Episode 6

Havia and Qwenthur have such a good time in their military pursuits.

Object system continues to be intriguing like the tuning suits being tuned with music notes and such. Kind of funny scene when Qwenthur did play around with it.

-

Cant wait for the engdub.

Shinmai Maou no Testament BURST - 05

Oh man so much Zest, I can die happy. I didn't expect for the pact to go that far, they even needed to combine three different censors at times! While not my favorite chibi censor, Zest's one is among the top 3.
The fight itself was pretty lame as expected, but I did take a liking to some of the soundtrack that played during. Bonus points for Zest old costume returning though.

Line_HTX

Hmm... I enjoyed Wing as a kid a lot, but I'm afraid I'll hate it if I watch it again now...

Daytime edit: "I'll destroy you!"

Actual dialogue: "I'll kill you!"

Noragami Aragato 6
That was a pretty unsatisfying episode. This arc's happy ending feels unearned, especially so with Bishamon after how incompetent and stupid she has acted all season. And the attempts to make Kugaha anything more than the comical villain he's been prior fell completely flat. Hopefully the show can move on from Veena now.

Noragami Aragoto 06

Really a good episode, and a great to finish the arc. Finally Bishamon acknowledges the truth after all those years and does what needed to be done. Looking forward to the next arc.

Ushio and Tora episode 19

So the anime handled Hakumen no Mono's first major appearance (I know it showed up before, but that was pretty much a small teaser) really well. Having read the manga, I love Hakumen no Mono as a villain. It's not the most unique or fresh villain by any means, but the execution is incredibly, incredibly well done

Narag

It has its moments (like a great sequence in 51 when Chirico is making a run through enemy lines to the entrance of Wiseman's lair), but what I remember most are sequences of robots sliding through space/the ground and then exploding.

I haven't seen much TV level 80s animation, so maybe I lack perspective.

If I come across it, I'll share this old blog post about how action began to develop over the years. I think it had VOTOMs at the beginning as something that wasn't all that complex in that department. However, you should check out Mellowlink exactly for the reason of seeing where stuff goes.

Seraph of the End Specials

Majority of these short minute clips are for the most part basically Shinoa being smug and bamboozling the rest of the cast. As it should be.
A mixed bag of success overall, but for the most part fairly enjoyable.

Jarmel

Banned
Noragami 2-6
Kx8h5li.jpg

That's funny, I could have sworn I watched 6 episodes of exactly that.

So this is the famous Bishamon arc that people were howling wasn't adapted? What a load of shit. So much of this drama felt artificial and forced, culminating in Bishamon being even more insufferable than she normally is. The conclusion for this didn't feel earned in how neatly everything was tied up or that
Kuguha was left roaming about to of course cause future drama some time down the road.
The animators also certainly weren't on their A game even if a few segments were well enough animated.

Yeah that Bishamon arc was not great. Nothing about how it ended felt earned and Yukine "dying" only to become super duper stronger in an arc about a bunch of Regalia dying and the suffering that causes was fucking lol worthy

Noragami 2-6

So this is the famous Bishamon arc that people were howling wasn't adapted? What a load of shit. So much of this drama felt artificial and forced, culminating in Bishamon being even more insufferable than she normally is. The conclusion for this didn't feel earned in how neatly everything was tied up or that
Kuguha was left roaming about to of course cause future drama some time down the road.
The animators also certainly weren't on their A game even if a few segments were well enough animated.

Not to mention that no one fricking
died even when implied so. I could somehow still understand the asspull with Yukine but then they did the same with Kazuma (and actually with Aiha too...).

Andrew J.

Testament Burst 05

Looks like Maria really takes after her mother. Makes you wonder how Rukia turned out to be such a stick-in-the-mud.

Fairy Tail 258

Still lacking any sort of punch in the action scenes.

But the scenes between Natsu and
Igneel
were really well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom