• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

wat wat waaaaaaaaat

From the Fandompost forums:

"Shawne confirmed in this week's ANNCast that Zeta Gundam would be the next Gundam title released on Blu-Ray by TRSI early next year.
He also confirmed that when it comes time to release Gundam Wing it will be on Blu-Ray.

Edit: the announcement regarding Gundam Wing is made at the 43:30-43:45 minute mark for those who just want to confirm that."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/images/cms/anncast/95088/anncast243.mp3
"Gundam Wing, when we get that far, will be on bluray."

Later he talks about how with the longer series they will not be cramming 10-12 episodes on a disc because it would make the visual quality horrible, and that the releases will have more discs to accommodate better visual quality. Gundam BDs for this first release were on BD50s.

Said that Gundam (OG series) was on 16mm film, however if a Gundam series was produced with 35mm film, they will have access to it for their western release.

Narag

My wallet aches already.

in a good way

Hopefully this means Turn A bluray down the line and that the dvd release was due to how close the JP bluray release was.

Thoraxes

My wallet aches already.

in a good way

Hopefully this means Turn A bluray down the line and that the dvd release was due to how close the JP bluray release was.

Hell yeah. I'm there with you.

Also this came today!

2015-11-0620.54.09amsha.jpg

My wallet aches already.

in a good way

I definitely think it's possible.

From the Fandompost forums:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/images/cms/anncast/95088/anncast243.mp3
"Gundam Wing, when we get that far, will be on bluray."

Later he talks about how with the longer series they will not be cramming 10-12 episodes on a disc because it would make the visual quality horrible, and that the releases will have more discs to accommodate better visual quality. Gundam BDs for this first release were on BD50s.

Said that Gundam (OG series) was on 16mm film, however if a Gundam series was produced with 35mm film, they will have access to it for their western release.

Now if we can just get word on when G Gundam and Gundam Seed's BD releases, we'll be golden.

Fafner: Exodus 19

Holy shit, this fucking show. Things were tense as fuck for most of it, what with Akira apparently going crazy and the Festum surrounding the island. But that fucking ending. Even when it spoiled the surprise in the OP/ED, it still manages to be hype as hell when it happens.
KOYO IS FUCKING BACK.

Mecha of the season.

Noragami Aragato 6
That was a pretty unsatisfying episode. This arc's happy ending feels unearned, especially so with Bishamon after how incompetent and stupid she has acted all season. And the attempts to make Kugaha anything more than the comical villain he's been prior fell completely flat. Hopefully the show can move on from Veena now.

yeah she's the show's weakest link. Misunderstanding angers have never been a favorite of mine.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I actually liked Noragami's latest arc. I'm sort of surprised so many people here seem burned by it. Bishamon's entire way of life was kind of just busted, and one of the regalia's was so bothered by that they set things in motion to create major change. In many ways his actions run parallel to Bishamon's past, but that story had a different ending with Kazuma's insistence on preservation at all cost as opposed to rebirth at all cost.

The story felt much more personal to me than most of the other stuff I remember from Noragami. I enjoyed the destruction from within and the subterfuge, and there was a lot of gaps inside relationships that got filled in with information that created a better understanding of why characters operated in certain ways. This arc is considerably more complex and ambitious than what Noragami has attempted in the past, and it seems like they got to the end point in a way that was satisfactory to me. People also seemed sort of mad about the
bad guy living, but honestly death shouldn't be waiting at t he end of every arc for the villain. That in itself is boring, and often cuts off storylines that have the potential to be interesting. I felt like the way things played out lined up with the way Bishamon should behave.

Lupin III 2015 06

This episode was a bit more bearable because Zenigata was in it and it made me laugh when he somehow appeared outside a helicopter

Really, I think one of the problems here is that they only have 19:50 to work with yet each of these plots feels too big. There has to be 4 twists an episode and everything has to wrap up perfect and concise. It would be really great if there were some two parters so we could at least get something similar to Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone.

The Prison episode in the first Lupin series is a really great episode because it spends the entire runtime building up to one twist while focusing on one thing, not throwing shit everywhere.

Noragami Aragoto 6

I was hoping Yukine would get his revenge. It kind of pisses me off that they didnt even acknowledge that Kugaha was the one that killed his friend. Bishamon just let his ass go. The episode felt like a letdown considering how amazing the build up was.

Narag

Kagewani 6
Deep sea stuff is forever unnerving, especially when you begin to appreciate how water allows life to grow so much larger.

Space Adventure Cobra 24

.... this was weirder than the genie ep, partially due to the Richard Donner Superman nod.

Space Adventure Cobra 25
Impressive episode. As I described it on twitter, it's one Cobra-ass episode of Cobra as it almost feels like a mini-movie with how all the set pieces play out. Giving Lady the spotlight for a while was very welcome but holy shit, Cobra's version of giving someone the middle finger involves blowing their chest out with the psycho-gun. :lol

Space Adventure Cobra 26
Basically Rokka no Yuusha but with a better mystery, a fraction of the run time, and an actual conclusion!

Space Adventure Cobra 27
Incredibly intense. It's sort of refreshing that all the episodic content of the show has some repercussions that Cobra finally has to face up to but fhey went nearly too far in selling Salamander as someone not to fuck with.
Like I said on twitter, I was going to finish this tonight but yeah, I think this might be worth taking slowly to better appreciate.

Young Blackjack 6
aRFVnM7.jpg

Reveal at the end was nice but yeah, turns out drama's hard too and that if you can't corral the melodrama, it quickly turns into comedy. This is the second anime that made me consider the possibility of animated characters overacting in their roles. The first was Glass Fleet.

KAGEWANI Episodes 4-5

I feel like it's a real shame more people aren't watching this show.

Because it's fun.

It's good dumb horror fun people.

Narag

KAGEWANI Episodes 4-5

I feel like it's a real shame more people aren't watching this show.

Because it's fun.

It's good dumb horror fun people.

It'll be easier to sell when it's done and if it's stayed good as you'll have two series to push (Yamishibai S1 along with this one) as well as the short running time of both being a plus.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Steamrolling through Golden Time at the moment, and it's surprisingly good. Also, really getting into The Perfect Insider this season. =)

TUSR

Banned
Steamrolling through Golden Time at the moment, and it's surprisingly good. Also, really getting into The Perfect Insider this season. =)

tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri

Line_HTX

One Punch Man 05

Man, I haven't heard Miyano's voice in forever. I think it sounds like him with his calm Light tone.

LOL at the physical portion of the exam. Smashed the Whack-A-Moles into pieces and fucking vertical leaped into the ceiling to hang himself, hahaha.

The animation of the sparring in the middle of nowhere was superb, along with the music. Everything looked smooth as fuck, culminating in the last punch stopped short that blasted a dusty shock wave. Easily the best looking, best sounding scene so far in the whole sereis.

Everyone knows that S Rank is the most important goal in anything, even in video games.

Genos rolling in the dough. Dropping that fat wad of cash for the rent, lmao.

I'll pay the rent!

pbayne

tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri tada banri

don't forget Casper the friendly cock-blocker as well

Jintor

you know anime has a lot of problems but for god's sake at least the scheduling problems are pretty rare most of the time. I'm finally up to date on Gravity Falls and Disney has literally aired the premiere of a three part finale and then gone radio silent for about a month and a half before the next episode of the finale is due to air. and it's not even due to production problems, they wrapped in April apparently! Remember when Korra's scheduling was absolute rubbish too? Might just be Disney/Nick though... anything 11 minutes or so tends to come out fairly okay, or that could just be Cartoon Network.

Noragami 2-6

So this is the famous Bishamon arc that people were howling wasn't adapted? What a load of shit. So much of this drama felt artificial and forced, culminating in Bishamon being even more insufferable than she normally is. The conclusion for this didn't feel earned in how neatly everything was tied up or that
Kuguha was left roaming about to of course cause future drama some time down the road.
The animators also certainly weren't on their A game even if a few segments were well enough animated.

I took a peek at the manga between seasons to see how the arc was, and I also was unimpressed, it was one of the reasons I didn't pick the second season.

Young Black Jack 06

Man, I kinda hoped that they tried to bring Steve back to life but this was still nice. Everytime Hazama and the gang swears their loyalty to their patients/being a doctor I just blush. Is this the manliest show of the season?

Yes, by far

Ascheroth

Fafner 19

Wow, Maya is a damn good pilot.
The cooking and dinner scene was fun, with Michio using army terms while cooking. He and Yumiko are pretty crafty, haha. Trying to hook up Kazuki and Maya and using the opportunity to invity Kazukis dad in order to get approval for themselves from their mother. It even worked out for them!
The rare type Festum is pretty horrifying. It doesn't attack but assimilates everything it touches. That was a close call for Sakura.
And now Koyo woke up. Not sure if it's a good thing, tough.

Ascheroth

Fafner 20

And of course the moment I'm glad Maya is kicking ass it's revealed that the better the pilot, the shorter the lifespan. :(
And then Koyo... what a sad episode.
At least the end gave hope for a happier future.

Monster Strike 06

Dang, how does one marble succeed in being so edgy, he wrecked face though. I understand why Akira gets to act so smug when he has those OP monsters. He's probably whaling like mad.

Lupin III 2015 06

This episode was a bit more bearable because Zenigata was in it and it made me laugh when he somehow appeared outside a helicopter

Really, I think one of the problems here is that they only have 19:50 to work with yet each of these plots feels too big. There has to be 4 twists an episode and everything has to wrap up perfect and concise. It would be really great if there were some two parters so we could at least get something similar to Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone.

It also doesn't help that all these twists are basically based on lying (to the viewer) which makes everything more confusing, especially since it's so rushed. There are way too much twists that don't really get resolved because they need to jump to the next scene.

I mean a lot happened in this episode. Fujiko dressed up as the woman to fool Zenigata but he found out, called the cops so that they could stop Lupin who was disguised as Zenigata. Then we go the helicoper scene followed by Zenigata (who was just fine after being in a heli with his archenemy?) stopping that guy who suddenly turned evil. Then he made the plan to trick the media with Lupin fake-stealing the treasure so that the press would leave the rich lady alone. But it turned out that the lady was tricking Zenigata so she could have the treasure for himself, but Lupin also tricked the rich lady to put a tracker on her and guiding him to her vault and Zenigata also appeared in the vault because he realized everything.

I like it though, it has it's charm.

L.O.R.D

Fairy Tail 258

uhhhh , another 5-6 minutes recap ?
the animation is still lacking , maybe they are saving some for the next 3 episode ?

Ascheroth

Fafner 21

Quite the happy episode, couples forming left and right. Michio sure works fast. On the other hand that means there were like a million death flags set off.
...is what I wanted to write, but then the last 10 seconds happened.
Why do you do this to me, show? :(

Seraph of the End S2 - 05

I snickered when I heard one of the vampire noble is voiced by Takehito.
Fight had a few nice moments, but as a whole I feel it underperformed. I didn't feel like the victor was deserved.
Sudoku
was something I didn't consider, which I ended up preferring, given the situation.

Background dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom