• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll look forward to seeing reactions to this:

And that's not even the worst part.

Oh jesus.

I look forward to more compelling forms of censorship.
hqdefault.jpg

Asterisk 06

Jesus Claudia. What is up with that swim suit. No fucks given for being on school grounds or anything lmfao. This episode was essentially a harem episode, in which we see the various ways all the girls love the almighty Ayato.

Cavalry 06

LOL AT THE GIRL ALMOST DROWNING. Also this man is basically feeling the girl's legs up with the pretext that he is "fixing her swordsmanship pose". Guy's a legend.

That aside seeing how Ikki used his head
literally lmfao
instead of causing a scene was smart. The guy was strong too, so things wouldn't have ended well. This show has some hilarious bits, but the more serious parts are actually quite well done. I enjoyed this episode.

Cavalry wins this week.

Everything I see from TerraFormars looks like hot garbage. No idea how this thing is popular and getting a second season

That's like asking how SAO is so popular.

Anyway since Terra Formars is getting a new season the inevitable Tokyo Ghoul Re will mostly likely be announced eventually. Young Jump will most likely want to make big bucks with the property.

Oh welI I don't care because the manga has been really fantastic and hitting its stride so far with its mindfuckery.

Utawarerumono 06

Woah what is this. A man and a woman in the same bath and there is no nosebleeds, shapoo bottles thrown to the guy's head, or blushies at first sight?
They share a drink instead. The anime world has gone mad.
Tiny Kuon is cutest thing ever. Seeing Kuon interact with her "mothers" was pretty great with some funny moments, and what seemed like a hint towards something bigger in terms of scope. Also interesting how Haku
early in the episode says the sake's flavour seems familiar... hmmmmm.

S2 of terraforms will be great see akari alex k stewart and marcos are more epic (more KENN!) and my favorite arc is in this.

I'll look forward to seeing reactions to this:

And that's not even the worst part.

Human v human is best part of the series.

I hope it gets an s3 or s4.
cause seeing the roaches reveal themselves on earth will look awesome. So excited for once we return to that.

Crocodile

I'm in a library right now trying to get some writing done and I can see the person right in front of me watching One Punch Man on his laptop LMAO.

Owarimonogatari 06

I was looking forward to this episode after the amazing episode with the terrific VA work that we got last week. It was perfect. The theory they cooked up was so twisted, but it made sense. The ending too put a smile on my face. I do wonder,
what was on those sheets of paper for him to smile?

Edit:
Looking closely at the shot from the distance after he opens the envelope, you see that the letter wasn't blank. There were 3 sheets of paper. Could it have to do with the 3 questions that she asked him through that other letter when they were little kids?

S2 of terraforms will be great see akari alex k stewart and marcos are more epic (more KENN!) and my favorite arc is in this.

Human v human is best part of the series.

I hope it gets an s3 or s4.
cause seeing the roaches reveal themselves on earth will look awesome. So excited for once we return to that.

I'll be glad just seeing the
fedora tipping Roaches animated.

Cornbread78

Calvary ep.6
Well, what h as Ikki got himself into now. It's obvious that girl is part of that crew. Should be an interesting episode next week. I'd love for more detail on that promise to Stella.. I must say, watching Stella and Ikki's sister be all jealous in the background whike he touched that girl was hilarious.

Asterix ep.6
Pretty good episode here as well. The other school just can't stop their games and this time it's even more serious. I'm interested to see how this one plays out next week, but it's about time they lay out some real hurt on them. Especially now that they got a middle school girl involved as well as a political figure...

Thus weeks match-up:
Both MC'S just can't say no and both get close to yet another girl, lol. The stories are both moving forward and ended on cliffhangers, so it's a wash this week, they tied.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Just finished up Golden Time and overall still quite like it. I found the first half of the series to be much stronger, the second half with phantom Banri was a bit silly, but not enough to ruin the show for me.

Also, having a hell of a time trying to get the video player on Funimation to work properly. The site is totally white listed for me with script blockers turned off and still it just hangs while trying to load anything. T_T

Golden Time should've been the prequel to Ghostbusters.

Lol good one. I liked the show simply because college settings are so rare in anime.

It was funny, I was working full-time when it started airing and had applied for college for January. Since the show was a 2-cour that means that I watched it as an outsider, and then as someone in college too. As someone from the outside I couldn't wait to start school. January came and those thoughts were gone pretty quick lol.

I have just finished updating my MAL rankings. This where my shows stand atm in order:

- Owarimonogatari - 10
- Haikyuu!! Second Season - 9
- One Punch Man - 9
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 9
- Noragami Aragoto - 8
- Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen - 8
- Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider - 7
- Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry - 7
- Gakusen Toshi Asterisk - 7
- Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru - 6

Sakurako has been disappointing me quite a bit. Insider has lost steam but I could still see it going up. Haikyuu may or may not become a 10. Still too soon to say, this one is a 2-cour.

Kagewani exceeding expectations!

Impressions lately have gotten me curious about this show.

I'm most disappointed with Lupin 2015 and Noragami.

Noragami really? I don't think it's treading new grounds or anything, but I personally think it has been as good as season 1 was.

Puruzi

Banned

Still remains great. Oikawa continues to be a shit, everyone trying to get better was really nice, Yachi's huge smile made my heart stop omg, Chibisuke and Kageyama being so cold is ugh tho, they need to patch it up.

Also, I will be calling Hinata Chibisuke from this point forward.

Noragami really? I don't think it's treading new grounds or anything, but I personally think it has been as good as season 1 was.

Yeah I dunno. Bishamon sucks and the entire arc just felt goofy. Like Bishamon held a gigantic grudge at Yato for years for something he didn't do but the Doctor does it and she forgives him immediately like what?

I think I liked Noragami better when it was Yato's weekly goofy thing

Russ T

Banned
Yeah I dunno. Bishamon sucks and the entire arc just felt goofy. Like Bishamon held a gigantic grudge at Yato for years for something he didn't do but the Doctor does it and she forgives him immediately like what?

I moooostly feel the same (especially re: the bolded), but I also still really enjoy the moment-to-moment interactions of all the characters, so I just kinda deal with it, y'know.

Jarmel

Banned
K-ON S2 is vastly better. I despised the hell out of S1 and ended up really liking/loving the 2nd season. Mostly because there's a stronger sense of mono no aware that gives the work a fleeting tone to it.

fertygo

Is Noragami even about that as S1?

There's some usual shounen gag thing as always but I recall same amount of bullshit angst at both from same point.

Quasar

I must have missed that series. That was a best a side thing.

I liked this one. Though I felt it lacked an epilogue where Bishamon and Yato buried the hatchet. Though I guess thats implicit from the scene there.

She didn't so much forgive the doctor, just that she accepted the blame for what the doctor did. So her not just killing him made sense to me.

Haikyuu 17-19

When does Karasuno get a bunch of groupies doing a chant on the sidelines? That's what's holdin em back, Dateko's is great!

Undertale

most mindfuck game ive played since mgs2 goty

jonjonaug

Dance With Devils 5 - This was actually a fairly good episode. MC asserted herself way more than usual, and Mage's thugdere/ore-sama antics are hilarious and kind of adorable. If Ritsuka wasn't dumb as a sack of bricks this...well it still wouldn't be a good show, but it would at least be a half-decent one maybe? As-is the show is still plenty hilarious though. Mage's musical segment this episode was especially funny with Ritsuka just staring at him the whole time like "the hell is this guy's deal?".

One Piece 717

People refer to the Dressrosa Arc as a return to form for One Piece after some middling to bad arcs.

And to be honest, the more I think about it, the less I find myself agreeing with that.

Putting aside the pacing of the arc, what are supposed to be big emotional moments fall flat.

And I can think of no better example of this, than Rebecca.

Rebecca sucks as a character.

Everything I see from TerraFormars looks like hot garbage. No idea how this thing is popular and getting a second season

It's pretty much dumb horror shlock that is almost always just well done fights with interesting powers on display. It's easy to see how people can like it if they don't think much about it
and ignore the hilariously blatant racism

Phatmac

Here's my list of the anime of the season so far.
  • Owarimonogatari 10
    Haikyuu 9
    One punch man 9
    Gundam IBO 8
    Noragami 8
    Osomatsu 8
    Utawarerumono 8
    Yuru Yuri 7
    Sakurako-san 7
    Perfect Insider 7

Is Monogatari really that good? I see it so highly rated but then I see so much fanservice...

if you cant get past that shit, especially the loli stuff I don't blame you

Nise is the most fanservice heavy and it's also the worst arc, although not really because of fanservice only

The series does have a lot of great moments and some of the arcs are pretty amazing

Moaradin

if you cant get past that shit, especially the loli stuff I don't blame you

Nise is the most fanservice heavy and it's also the worst arc, although not really because of fanservice only

I don't even hate fanservice that much. Shows like Shokugeki no Souma have a lot of it and it doesn't really bother me. It's mostly loli and incest stuff that I can't deal with. How much of that is in there?

I don't even hate fanservice that much. Shows like Shokugeki no Souma have a lot of it and it doesn't really bother me. It's mostly loli and incest stuff that I can't deal with. How much of that is in there?

An unfortunate amount. Again, mostly Nise! Edit: Well that isn't really true, incest is mostly in Nise but the loli shit is unfortunately in a lot of the arcs.

It's really the one thing that I immensely dislike about the series.

Cornbread78

Utawarerumono ep.6
What a carefree life Haku lives, lol. That sake must have been some good stuff.. It was good to see some Kouen's backstory, but what did that episode mean in the long run? I understand they are saying she is an adult now, but was that an authorization for her to share chasing Haku romantically as well?

pbayne

Is Monogatari really that good? I see it so highly rated but then I see so much fanservice...

Im the same, I watched bits and pieces and just can't understand its appeal. Throw in its a harem show from what I know(I know there is a bit more to it) and its made by Shaft.

Now I like Shaft in small doses. But the thought of watching seven or eight series of them is headache inducing for me.

Moaradin

I wouldn't be that interested if I didn't see Katanagatari. I thought that show was fantastic, and Monogatari is written by the same dude.

Phatmac

I'm gonna try to not sound like a critic of anime but Monogatari in general is amazing because of SHAFT's directing with camera angles and its heavy inspiration of French new wave cinematography. The writing and banter with the characters is also a mark above most anime. Despite some fanservice it remains captivating like no other anime is. Here's a video that best explains how amazing it is with SHAFT's take on new wave in anime. Excuse the poor pronunciation of names in this video. http://youtu.be/OJvr_TWofRc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom