• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I missed the half-way rankings last night:

In order of preference so far this season:

- Owarimonogatari
- Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen
- Comet Lucifer
- Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
- Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
- Heavy Object
- Sakurako-san
- One Punch Man

OPM so low?? Lower than Sakurako-san? To me the latter has been super disappointing.

Ok, so I missed the half-way rankings last night:

In order of preference so far this season:

- Owarimonogatari
- Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen
- Comet Lucifer
- Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
- Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
- Heavy Object
- Sakurako-san
- One Punch Man

Do I need to watch the original to get what's happening in this one? I watched the first ep and it seems great, giving me a Spice & Wolf vibe

Narag

Why does any manga adaptation not just do a 1:1 rendering of the manga panels? Because the anime staff cares about what they're doing and wants to give their own spin on the material rather than doing the minimal work required to shit something out.

Because it is important for a series to feel self contained and conclusive on its own, especially if there's a possibility there won't be more seasons made. Just adapting content to be "faithful" without being mindful of having a good conclusive point for a series is pandering to the wrong audience. People who obsess over the difference between manga adapted content and anime original content often miss the point, the only thing that actually matters is - was the story which was told interesting and did it have an ending.

Still surprises me people actually want 1:1 adaptations.

Do I need to watch the original to get what's happening in this one? I watched the first ep and it seems great, giving me a Spice & Wolf vibe

Nope not at all, aside from apparently some hints and nudges for those who did watch the first one. Pretty sure most of us here haven't watched the first one at all

Comet Lucifer - 06

I was pretty meh on the majority of the episode, but then this happened [sound]. You're okay Roman.
Breadmilf playing a part in the actual story caught me a bit off guard. If she doesn't end up with Sogo's pop in the end I'm going to write an angry letter.

Cornbread78

Comet Lucifer ep.6
Damn, another really good episode. Awesome mech battle and action sequence. The adventure portion of the show is just heating up and is looking really good. Looks like they are also starting to dig into the emotional side a little more now as well. The past couple episodes have been a huge step up from 2&3. If you dropped this earlier, you might want to give to past few episodes a shot, they have been excellent.

Ascheroth

So what's the general consensus overall for anime this year?

Well there was Death Parade, Soma, Gintama, JoJo, One Punch Man, Rokka, Kekkai Sensen, Knights of Sidonia, Durararara, Ushio to Tora and probably a few more I'm forgetting so it's been pretty good in my book.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This year was a mistake, nothing but thrash.

ypBTMpq.jpg

pbayne

I imagine it was done to have some semblance of closure at the end of the season, instead of having just 12, barely connected episodic stories and the main plot presented in the first episode left completely untouched.

That sounds about right. I think they could have gotten away with just the unconnected stories though. I mean Space Dandy, Champaloo and Bebop all did it to some extent.

1:1 manga complainers piss me off to.

Cornbread78

Comet Lucifer - 06

I was pretty meh on the majority of the episode, but then this happened [sound]. You're okay Roman.
Breadmilf playing a part in the actual story caught me a bit off guard. If she doesn't end up with Sogo's pop in the end I'm going to write an angry letter.

I have a feeling Breadmilf is really the
spy
the army keeps referring to. She has been the only spotty inconsistent character, no?

Btw, that scene was awesone. Serious TTGL vibe from it.

Ascheroth

I have a feeling Breadmilf is really the
spy
the army keeps referring to. She has been the only spotty inconsistent character, no?

Btw, that scene was awesone. Serious TTGL vibe from it.

I thought it was pretty obvious that it's her. I mean she was right there and overheard them saying where Sogo and co went and then the next scene showed the army getting intel from Agent Honeybee. I don't think you can get much more in your face about this.
That's why I was a bit confused at the end when they showed Gus talking to the spy with only the shadow visible and blurred. Did they think it was still a mystery?

Anyway.

One Punch Man - 06

Why is this so good.
It hits all the right notes, and then some more.
Hilarious comedy and Saitama faces. Badass action.
This is an 11/10 anime if I ever saw one.

That sounds about right. I think they could have gotten away with just the unconnected stories though. I mean Space Dandy, Champaloo and Bebop all did it to some extent.

1:1 manga complainers piss me off to.

It's alright if you add your own spin to the story but if you do it to the point where it completely disregards the Mangaka's original story while also shitting on it than you got a problem.

So in that regard manga complainers can't be blamed.

Qurupeke

One Punch Man 6

Fubuki! The best part of the episode was her narration of the next episode. lol

A bit boring compared to the previous episodes but still not bad. I liked Mustachio's fight.

It's alright if you add your own spin to the story but if you do it to the point where it completely disregards the Mangaka's original story while also shitting on it than you got a problem.

So in that regard manga complainers can't be blamed.

Sometimes a manga story needs to be ignored if you're going to make something good out of it. Fidelity is not always a virtue.

Cornbread78

OPM so low?? Lower than Sakurako-san? To me the latter has been super disappointing.

I don't know, I like a good story and One Punch is very manga driven with an episode nature. I guess by not reading the manga, I don't have that extra affinity to it like most existing fans.

The last arc of Sakurako was disappointing, but the shows promise is pretty good and it's been a decent watch so far.

Owarimonogatari ep.6
Wow, what a great close to this arc. Hanakawa bringing back the Neko hair stripes brought back some memories. Also, the background music in the final few minutes was excellent! Serious reminder of ep.12 of Bakemonogatari. Oh and salty Ougi is best Ougi, lol.

Definitely not. I hadn't heard of a previous season or the games prior to watching and there have been no noticing references to previous season/events. The relationship between Haku and Kouen has not been a focus at all up to this point, so the S&W comparison would work unfortunately. They do have great chemistry though. With the events from the last episode, maybe something will change going forward because there is a good romance possibility there.

Phatmac

A nice comfy episode with more character development from Kudelia who has begun to teach the kids how to read and write. We also got more insight into Ogra and Mika's relationship. Seems like Ogra's pushing himself to meet Mika's expectations. However, Mika will unconditionally follow Ogra's orders like a trained child soldier which is dangerous. Hopefully we get more lessons from Kudelia-sensei.

I cannot find a single existence of Perfect Insider's Ending Song anywhere on the internet. I know the name and who it is by but it literally doesn't exist on Youtube except in covers and even sketchball sites don't have it. Fucking A, it's the only song I want this season what the fuck.

I cannot find a single existence of Perfect Insider's Ending Song anywhere on the internet. I know the name and who it is by but it literally doesn't exist on Youtube except in covers and even sketchball sites don't have it. Fucking A, it's the only song I want this season what the fuck.

I found one but it's watermarked so I can't link it here.

There's this full version though

Even found it on dailymotion, try searching with "Subete ga F ni Naru ED"

Phatmac

Saitama tricking Genos into doing house chores was pretty hilarious. Genos is probably a great husbando. Besides that we had rivals meet again and it ended how you'd expect. Poor Sonic. We also had some lame heroes jobbing to some tasty seaweed. A solid episode but it also brought in something the show has been missing. Waifus of course!

The single releases on November 11.

Qurupeke

Saitama tricking Genos into doing house chores was pretty hilarious. Genos is probably a great husbando. Besides that we had rivals meet again and it ended how you'd expect. Poor Sonic. We also had some lame heroes jobbing to some tasty seaweed. A solid episode but it also brought in something the show has been missing. Waifus of course!

Fubuki best girl.

Nikodemos

Owarimonogatari 06:

Did Ougi just casually lob a threat at Araragi right there at the end, when cycling away?

And her talk about a "lost child" and darkness... Hmm, why does that sound familiar, somehow?

Valkyrie Drive:

Yup, more oppai goodness.

Though it's interesting to note that 1) the governor's 'Arm' seems to be an autonomous being, rather than some inanimate weapon/object; 2) some 'Arms' don't necessarily turn into objects, but rather have odd abilities as humans.

Ascheroth

You posted the wrong one though.

Tuck

Well there was Death Parade, Soma, Gintama, JoJo, One Punch Man, Rokka, Kekkai Sensen, Knights of Sidonia, Durararara, Ushio to Tora and probably a few more I'm forgetting so it's been pretty good in my book.

Poor Death Parade. Serious AOTY contender for me. Then One Punch Man came along.

Jaxec

Fubuki best girl.

You posted the wrong one though.

People please, we all know best waifu still has yet to make an appearance. Everyone already knows best waifu is
King

One Punch Man 6

Besides that, another really good episode for One Punch Man. Saitama's faces were on point again. I love that the animation is staying consistantly good and this has been even more hyped for what is to come.

Definitely not. I hadn't heard of a previous season or the games prior to watching and there have been no noticing references to previous season/events. The relationship between Haku and Kouen has not been a focus at all up to this point, so the S&W comparison would work unfortunately. They do have great chemistry though. With the events from the last episode, maybe something will change going forward because there is a good romance possibility there.

Thanks, yeah I found out that this show is the sequel of the 2006 show. This one takes place 200 years after the original and the MC is named after the MC of the original. Found that funimation streams the original

http://www.funimation.com/shows/utawarerumono/videos/official/the-uninvited?watch=sub

I've just finished the 2nd ep and am really enjoying it. Hopefully they develop some S&W type chemistry later on but I'll be alright if they don't. Thanks for pointing out this show, would have completely skipped it otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom