• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some MHA Anime character designs -

sp_config1_1.jpg
sp_config1_2.jpg

All Might holy shit. I can see why people like this dudes designs.

Quasar

There isn't a big frontrunner like Ping Pong, Yamato or Hyouka. To me there isn't a 10/10 series this year but a few 9s, a bunch of 8s and a lot of 7s. For me it's odd, the best shows I watched this year were Monogatari and Gintama, but not the current seasons. I probably won't end up voting for Gintama because I can't really say that I am voting for the new season alone and not the backlog of all the other series as well. Not like Gintama will place in the top 10.

When it comes to AOTY it will probably be between Euphonium and One Punch Man. If I were to guess the other 8 slots - Soma, JoJo, Haikyuu, Owarimonogatari, Kekkai Sensen, Non Non Biyori, Gundam and Shirobako.

I kind of figured Shirobako was a no brainer for winning. Everyone seemed to love that. But I guess this thread is kind of self selecting compared to the wider voting base.

I kind of figured Shirobako was a no brainer for winning. Everyone seemed to love that. But I guess this thread is kind of self selecting compared to the wider voting base.

Lots of people (me included) do love it but it's a 2014 carry over. I think it is between that and Euphonium for the pick here, but OPM will still win out

Mailbox

Some MHA Anime character designs -

All Might holy shit. I can see why people like this dudes designs.

Both of his Designs are pretty good imo (Cough)

Anywho, caught up to some of this week's anime.

Owarimonogatari 6

Good end to a great arc. Excited to start Shinobu Mail next week
Not much else to say other than jealous Ougi is surprisingly creepy in a different way than I thought she would be. Nicely done. Even liked the countdown scene.

Komori-san Can't decline! 1-6

I've been watching this week by week but haven't said anything about it. I read the manga a bit before this started and quite enjoyed it as a 4-koma.

The anime adaptation felt off when I first started it though, and I couldn't figure out what it was until a week ago, and now I can't unsee it. First things first, its very much a straigh adaptation of the 4-koma original. No real changes, the same camera angles, even same structure without any smoothing. This works well in a 4-koma, but feels disjointed in an anime. Honestly this could have used a couple of extra minutes to slow down the scenes and give a better progression feel of the episodes. Its so short that I literally looked away from my phone in one episode to see what someone messaged me real quick, and the episode was done.

Now the thing I don't get at all about this adaptation is the design of Komori herself. In the manga she is still very tall compared to the other students and especially her friends, but here they decided to play with her body proportions rather than keep them the same. In the 4-koma, she isn't flat chested in the slightest, but here they gave her an extra full cup size or 2 increase. They do this without changing her other proportions properly. She ends up looking very off anytime she is on screen, especially when her friends are there too to serve as comparisons.

Overall, could have been better.

The Perfect Insider 6

Yeah, I like this anime. Very cryptic and uses things like the situation that happened between the doctor and her uncle in a way that is very upfront and not a tropey mess.

My only problems with this episode were that no one seems concerned about a murderer being on the loose. One lady goes "yeah, can you go get the luggage from the helicopter (where one person already died)" and the guy she's talking to just goes "yeah, sure". If you were expecting characters to be a bit more on their guard because of the obvious murders that happened in previous episodes, you are gonna be disappointed.

That, and some of the animation felt off this episode. The art was still very clean, but some of the animation was noticeably not up to par.

Overall, liked it.

Haikyu!! episode 6

Yep, Great. not much to say there. Glad they went for a more "we all need to get stronger and work to make the team better" rather than stick with the drama relating to Hinata's greed.

Don't worry, I still have to catch up with lance n' masques and you will all see my pain again. Later tonight though.

One Punch Man 01-06

Finally got some time to binge the series of what it currently aired (thanks college and friends throwing parties left and right) and oh my gawd is this anime godlike, I CAN'T HANDLE IT!!!!! Over the top action and hilarious derp faces.

Canon

Banned
Quiz time: Which anime is this moment from?

"Hey bro, can I stare at your little sister for a bit longer?" (Paraphrasing).

Cornbread78

Quiz time: Which anime is this moment from?

"Hey bro, can I stare at your little sister for a bit longer?" (Paraphrasing).

The funny thing is that I just watched that anime but I can't remember the name of it, lol.

Oh and Shiraboring better not win AOTY..

The funny thing is that I just watched that anime but I can't remember the name of it, lol.

With the amount of people that picked it last year it's either going to be AOTY or second place.

I was salty as fuck when it beat Barakamon because the latter is better imo.

I think I might have more trouble picking AOTY stuff then I originally fought

I have 5 things (Shirobako, Soma, Euphonium, JoJo and Owari) that I could feasibly pick as #1

Well I think I got the picks down but not where to put them

edit: wait thats actually 6 from OPM

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
One Punch Man and Fushigi na Somera-chan as top two. Everything else this year is pretty far below/behind. Easy year.
Bruh with Kill La Kill being in the Top 10 for 2 years in a row, you shouldn't put much faith into AnimeGAF
All the people that voted for Kill la Kill are going to vote for Shirobako?

Concrete Revolutio Episode 1

That was terrible. Does it pick up?

If you didn't like it then, chances are you won't like it now.

Seems like it's a very divisive show.

Concrete Revolutio Episode 6

A somewhat middling episode.

That said, there were some good parts.

I like the reference to the Beatles.

Crocodile

With the amount of people that picked it last year it's either going to be AOTY or second place.

I was salty as fuck when it beat Barakamon because the latter is better imo.

I'm not gonna lie, Shirobako is super boring. People like it because they like to talk inside baseball, particularly when said inside baseball is presented in the form of moe girls.

Oprah-shaking-her-head-reaction-gif.gif

Bruh with Kill La Kill being in the Top 10 for 2 years in a row, you shouldn't put much faith into AnimeGAF

AnimeGAF wasn't responsible for putting KLK so high. It was mostly the lapsed/non-anime fans who basically only watched that due to the hype and thus had nothing esle to vote for. See Attack on Titan placing so high as well. It will also probably be why OPM wins that year except it will likely garner a lot of votes from AnimeGAF too since the show is actually good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm not gonna lie, Shirobako is super boring. People like it because they like to talk inside baseball, particularly when said inside baseball is presented in the form of moe girls.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
My current candidate for AOTY (in no particular order)

OPM, Shirobako, Jojo, Euphonium, Owarimonogatari, Prison School, Shimoneta, Shokugeki no Soma, Durarara, Yuri Kuma Arashi

I might change it depending on how this season end.

Please, ladies and gentlemen, we must remember in these trying times, that no matter how much we disagree on what qualifies as quality anime, we can all mostly agree on what we hate.

And similar hatred is the basis of all friendships.

Haikyuu 22

It's good to see Kageyama and Tsukishima finally getting along, at least just a little bit. I'm glad that their shtick of being assholes tired out before the end of S1.

Oikawa though, he can be an ass forever. He's good at it.

javac

Hi.

Redistribution of the First Season & Closure of the Second Season

All the episodes of the first season will be redistributed from 10:00 on November 9 to 23:59 on November 23 in JST! (except the episode 5 "Yoshikazu Yasuhiko & Ichiro Itano: Collection of KeyAnimation Films")
Also, the closure date of the second season is determined as 23:59 on November 23 in JST.

It is a great opportunity to watch almost all the films of Japan Anima(tor)'s Exhibition at once on the official website, so never miss it!

http://animatorexpo.com/titlelist/

Bye,

Hmm this wasn't a bad year at all:

- Death Parade
- Euphonium
- Plastic Memories
- Soma
- SNAFU2
- Rokka no Yuusha
- Haikyuu!! S2
- Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans
- Owarimonogatari
- One Punch Man

I too am having trouble picking my AOTY from this bunch. There are 6 here that could easily take my vote.

- Death Parade
- Euphonium
- Plastic Memories
- Soma
- SNAFU2
- Rokka no Yuusha
- Haikyuu!! S2
- Owarimonogatari
- One Punch Man

I too am having trouble picking my AOTY from this bunch. There are 6 here that could easily take my vote.
It's obvious Haikyuu, you don't think to think anymore.

Puruzi

Banned

- Death Parade
- Euphonium
- Plastic Memories
- Soma
- SNAFU2
- Rokka no Yuusha
- Haikyuu!! S2
- Owarimonogatari
- One Punch Man

Only acceptable answers are Haikyuu or OPM

I'm noticing a distinct lack of Garo and Yona of the Dawn in best of year lists.

That's fine. Just my opinion.
And the only correct one.

AOTY for me is Jojo. Second place would probably be Soma.

But on the current subject:

Saying "Shirobako is bad because it's boring" is the equivalent of saying "G Gundam is bad because it's about silly-looking giant robots and giant robots are stupid".

It just does a huge disservice to the show and doesn't warrant good discussion.

It's obvious Haikyuu, you don't think to think anymore.
Only acceptable answers are Haikyuu or OPM

It's tough you know. I really do like Haikyuu, but the other shows are great too.
Just so you know Haikyuu is most likely getting my vote. 99% sure of it.

Regardless, of there only being one AOTY, the other shows will still belong to a special place in my top 10 for the year. So it's all good.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Man, I've gotta stop watching series that are based on light novels, but stop a fraction of the way through the story and not much hope of the anime returning. Watched Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers, The Irregular at Magic High School, and Yona of the Dawn and straight up don't expect any more episodes for them or am not very optimistic about that possibility.

Man, I've gotta stop watching series that are based on light novels, but stop a fraction of the way through the story and not much hope of the anime returning. Watched Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers, The Irregular at Magic High School, and Yona of the Dawn and straight up don't expect any more episodes for them or am not very optimistic about that possibility.

I'd be surprised if we didn't see Onii-sama again soon. Rokka deserves a season 2 but probably isn't going to get one /:

Cornbread78

All three were really good though!

Please, ladies and gentlemen, we must remember in these trying times, that no matter how much we disagree on what qualifies as quality anime, we can all mostly agree on what we hate.

And similar hatred is the basis of all friendships.

Words of truth my friend.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
All three were really good though!

That's what makes it hurt so much. T_T

I'd be surprised if we didn't see Onii-sama again soon. Rokka deserves a season 2 but probably isn't going to get one /:

The only one I hold out any hope for is seeing more of Tatsuya and the gang. Rokka sold horribly from what I hear, so I reckon I'll have to track down the LN translations if I want to continue with that story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom