• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subete ga Fuck This 5

Boriiiiiiing. I don't need this human philosophical nonsense. There should not be this much downtime after a murder has happened.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
if shirobako was boring why did i marathon one and half cours of it in two days? checkmate

Put a Let's Watch up for Shirobako in the regular OT and I bet you a ton of people will agree that its boring when they don't give a shit about budgets or schedules or anything that bothers the production of their favorite animu.

It's like carny talk for Wrestling GAF.

Subete ga Fuck This 5

Boriiiiiiing. I don't need this human philosophical nonsense. There should not be this much downtime after a murder has happened.

Yeah idk what happened. It had been a great show for me up until this week. Considering how this show is only 11 episodes, one would hope they would flesh the mystery out throughout every single episode after the major event. This one just seemed so out of place, I too was surprised by how unphazed those people were by the fact that a killer is simply roaming around in the building. No one seems to even worry about, well you know, getting killed too.

As for Shirobako, I enjoyed it. But I won't be ranking it as high as some people here. It still got a 9/10 on my MAL at the time if I remember correctly. I never go back on my ratings but if I were to rank it now I would probably give it an 8 instead.

Put a Let's Watch up for Shirobako in the regular OT and I bet you a ton of people will agree that its boring when they don't give a shit about budgets or schedules or anything that bothers the production of their favorite animu.

It's a workplace drama, its appeal is broader than you're giving it credit for.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Yeah idk what happened. It had been a great show for me up until this week. Considering how this show is only 11 episodes, one would hope they would flesh the mystery out throughout every single episode after the major event. This one just seemed so out of place, I too was surprised by how unphazed those people were by the fact that a killer is simply roaming around in the building. No one seems to even worry about, well you know, getting killed too.

As for Shirobako, I enjoyed it. But I won't be ranking it as high as some people here. It still got a 9/10 on my MAL at the time if I remember correctly. I never go back on my ratings but if I were to rank it now I would probably give it an 8 instead.

Yeah, the director's wife's demeanor seemed way off consider her husband died. Instead they're drinking tea and eating cookies. Weird.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
if shirobako was boring why did i marathon one and half cours of it in two days? checkmate
If Shirobako was that great why didn't you watch it while it was airing?
30Fx00S.jpg

Narag

Hyouka 17

So yeah the Festival arc was good as advertised what with the unconventional approach to the mystery, the perfect episode 14, and the characterization on display. Definitely did not turn out how I thought it would in the end yet was entirely plausible due to individual threads becoming intertwined towards the end. A couple visual things in this arc stood out to me that I didn't appreciate until the end. First was Satoshi's goofyass costume which had me scratching my head initially but sort of revealed itself to be something of a visual pun concerning Oreki's relationship with the other members of the Classics Club. For the majority of this arc, Oreki's maintained a fixed position in their club room and the others really just sort of orbit around him as they run around the festival doing this or that. Fittingly there's a globe to his right in the club room too. That line of thinking also extends to how his personality in general is like gravity itself, often bringing others back down to Earth. The second was the use of cosplay in the Manga society. That too I initially shrugged off as some visual gag done for the sake of things. It started to become clear, with Mayaka at least, that there was this sort of dissatisfaction with herself and the cosplay offered a degree of escapism as she struggled with an identity issue in the face of her peers at the Manga club. What I did not see coming was that also extended to Kouchi, providing for the viewer something more to the emotional climax between her and Mayaka at the end of the arc when Mayaka learned her frustrations at feeling inferior due to always looking up to others wasn't necessarily a problem unique to her.

Hyouka 18
I think I tbetter get why Firehawk described the backahlf of the show as more building the relationship between Oreki and Chitanda now. Mystery itself was mundane as all hell but it facilitated some time between just those two and Oreki's motivation to look into it showed a different side of him.

Hyouka 19
The most amusing thing about this ep was how the mystery was essentially meaningless and used to create a reason for Chitanda and Oreki to spend some time together. The real climax comes at the end when they both claim to not remember why they initially started the little game. It's made clear early on that Chitanda has an excellent memory so she likely wouldn't have forgotten and Oreki likely wouldn't have forgotten that so there's this lovely little bit of ambiguity going on as to whether or not someone actually did forget or if one is just lying to spend some more time with the other. (They're both liars.)

Hyouka 20
Not a lot to say past it being really nice to see how Oreki was willing to sacrifice in order to protect Chitanda's reputation.

Hyouka 21
What I appreciated most in this one was Oreki being somewhat puzzled by the change in Satoshi's personality as it runs so contrary to his own policy of inertia. Otherwise another great ep (they're all great eps) with some very effective dramatic imagery that does justice to just how importantly students might treat that tradition.

Hyouka 22 FIN
I knew people had referred to these final eps as an arc but I never fully grasped it as it was ostensibly standalone episodes. I didn't realize this one would tie it all together in such a nice way what with the buildup of the Oreki and Chitanda's relationship early in the arc and the fallout of the Valentine episode giving Oreki a new perspective to help better frame his own feelings.

===

Nothing I'm going to write since it's probably been covered over and over by those better equipped to. 10/10 etc

Mailbox

Anime of the year is gonna be hard this year since a lot of the good stuf has been forgotten by everyone or no one wants to talk about them.

This seemed like a B year (it was) but a lot of good shows aired.

It's actually quite hard for me to narrow it down to a top 3

(A bottom 3 on the other hand...)

Narag

Good stuff doesn't get forgotten. We all knew Ping Pong would win after it aired and that's even without illuminati help.

Moaradin

Quite a bit of good stuff aired earlier in the year. Shows the air towards the end of the year always seem to have an advantage though.

Quite a bit of good stuff aired earlier in the year. Shows the air towards the end of the year always seem to have an advantage though.

Yeah, I hope Death Parade gets the mention it deserves since it was during the beginning of the year unlike Nagi no Asukara from last year.
Still salty about it too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hyouka: The Mystery of Shambala

Oreki and Chitanda travel back in time to solve the case of Hitler's suicide.

ibyea

Banned
Yeah, I hope Death Parade gets the mention it deserves since it was during the beginning of the year unlike Nagi no Asukara from last year.
Still salty about it too.

I hope Death Parade makes it in the top 10 at least. I liked it a lot even though it didn't do the premise as much justice as it could have.

Comet Lucifer Episode 5

That was okay.

Mecha fight was fun.

That said, I'm not sure if this series is going anywhere...

The big twist at the end doesn't feel like a huge change to be honest other than shipping potential...

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Owarimonogatari 6
Ougi sure is a sore loser, trash talking Hanekawa like that. Dem boob grab though...
Well, i expect this conclusion. The moment Hanekawa start asking about the locked door, i know there's something fishy about How Much story.
The ending is great. Sodachi is no longer "Lost" and move on with her life.

One Punch man 6

Hey, they start translating other heroes name, but they forgot to change sweet mask name. Ok episode, nothing insane going on, other than Sonic getting his ass kicked by Saitama, and introduction of several S-rank heroes. Tornado is one cocky woman.

Jintor

If Shirobako was that great why didn't you watch it while it was airing?

i cycle through interests between books -> games -> anime -> repeat usually, so I miss a lot of things when my interest wanes

This is like saying no-one should ever be interested in legal dramas because law is actually super boring

a) correct
b) what does that matter about legal dramas though

Words of truth my friend.

*obvious SAO joke goes here*

I finally organized my screencaps and the results are pretty unsurprising when it comes to what I screencapped the most

Gintama - 394, I didn't start screencapping religiously until I was over halfway through.
Hearthstone - 290
Monogatari - 266
Angel's Egg - 151. Wow, that's just one movie, too.
Stardust Crusaders - 138
Soma - 84
Monster Musume - 80. Monster Musume with Rachnera images removed, 29. Funny how that works out
Prison School - 79
Symphogear - 58
Katanagatari - 55
Dragon Ball Super - 50
Cross Ange - 54, I remember it being a lot bigger before

The real shame is that I lost my Code Geass folder which was 80% Lelouch faces and my Yamato folder when my hard-drive died.

Apt101

I just watched Seven Deadly Sins on Netflix, first episode. I'm trying to get into this style of anime, the crazy screaming and and all that (traditionally been a Ghibli, horror, or quiet anime feature film type), so I tried something fantasy which I like. It's good. Really bizarre which I like in anime, and it seems like the story is going places. the short bite-sized format works for me too.

ibyea

Banned

Some people sure. And there will be many others that will like it.

As for me personally I really liked it even though I wasn't very informed about the inner workings of the industry nor was I interested in the inner workings of the industry at the time because there was more to it than just dry facts and figures.

Battlechili

Banned
I'm really looking forward to Show By Rock season 2 now that its been announced. It was such an underrated show. Most Sanrio works seem to be really good and I wish more people payed attention to them. Maybe by season 2 it'll have more of a fanbase.

jman2050

Lately I've been reading AnimeGAF monocle posts as if they were being said by Frasier Crane and it's made them a hell of a lot funnier to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom