• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Gunbuster if you haven't seen it, is a 6 episode OVA, and is one of the classics of the genre, so I highly recommend that one.

Mazinkaiser is an 8 episode OVA, and if you enjoy that you should also check out Mazinkaiser VS The Great General of Darkness, which is only one episode.

Getter Robo Armageddon is a 13 episode OVA, though you might want to watch New Getter Robo (also 13 episodes) or read the manga before checking that one out, as Getter Robo Armageddon kinda assumes you're familiar with the franchise.

Hm, I think I'll put Gunbuster on my list. Hopefully I can make time for it soon.

You missed your chance to recommend Cross Ange.

Seen that already. One of the first shows I was posting about on here. Thoroughly enjoyable trash.

sonicmj1

gonna watch me some yuru yuri s3 i guess, but i'll pair it with something.

should i finally watch Utena or Paranoia Agent? No real relation between the choices, just things I've been tossing up about watching for a while now.

Utena is an incredible work, and I think you'll really like it.

Paranoia Agent has incredible episodes, and you'll also like it, but it's not quite as good.

What happened if I am a split personality of Cajunator's and John Blade but right now Cajunator's is now taking over John Blade's body as we speak and trying to come back here if it mean sacrifice myself?

0py0FD1.gif

John Blade

1unmyf1.gif

You know it's true. One day at a time, a small part of me is gone and the personality of Cajunator's is creeping into my body to the point what left of me is just a hollow shell where only he will control me. He will come back and when he does, what left of me is gone.......a sacrifice must be done for this forum to rebirth to something special.

ibyea

Banned
gonna watch me some yuru yuri s3 i guess, but i'll pair it with something.

should i finally watch Utena or Paranoia Agent? No real relation between the choices, just things I've been tossing up about watching for a while now.

Paranoia Agent. Granted I never watched Utena. :p

Defuser

1unmyf1.gif

You know it's true. One day at a time, a small part of me is gone and the personality of Cajunator's is creeping into my body to the point what left of me is just a hollow shell where only he will control me. He will come back and when he does, what left of me is gone.......a sacrifice must be done for this forum to rebirth to something special.

So that means you gonna have pedo tendencies and get banned by Evilore again?

sonicmj1

I don't know what your goal is, but hypnotizing yourself into believing you are possessed by Cajunator is not the way to achieve it.

Jintor

Overwhelmingly in favour of Utena. Alright then!

It's funny, I've found the best way to make me do something is to reduce it to two options and then ask the internet which is the better to choose

TUSR

Banned
Senjougahara is like ultimate hard mode tsundere. The most venomous tsun-tsun but the sweetest dere-dere. The parts where she goes dere-dere - "I love you", Bake episode 12 and when Kaiki accepts her offer and she goes to the bathroom so he can't see her cry are often the best moments in the entire series.

You forgot when she gives Araragi chocolate at the end Tsukimono and says "yay" then she puts a hair tie in.

Jarmel

Banned
Comet Lucifer 5-6
cometlucifer5felia.jpg

Sogo is useless as fuck
I was thhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssss close to dropping after it after the fourth episode. Last two episodes however have been noticeably better even if they still retain some of the flaws of the prior episode. One of the things bad but also somewhat intriguing about the show are the villains. The enemies are so over the top in how evil they are but the leader also seems to actively miss the battlefield. I'm not sure if he actually has PTSD or whether he's an adrenaline junkie that missed the war of old. Either way it's sort of an interesting take for the character. The problems stem from the lackies in that they just seem way too happy to kill civilians or just anyone in general. That said, episode 5 did clear up why this captain chose a kill happy knife wielding kid as both share a sort of bloodlust.

The thing with Felia is also a very good case of show not tell in that the audience clearly sees the danger of Felia overusing her powering causing her aging. Instead of this being just exposition, the show visually demonstrated it. Problem is it took too long to get to this point as the show feels paced for 24/26 episodes instead of the 12 that it currently looks to be. The show is still world building despite possibly being halfway over and laying out basic principles.

The episode count is a big issue with my feelings towards the show as the pacing is so slow and if this was part of a 26 episode show, I might have a lot more confidence in the pacing for the rest of the show. Instead I'm worried that the staff is going to rush the ending, as it's taken so long for the show to 'kick off'.

Orange has also done a really great job on the CGI front, especially so for a television series. Episode 5 in particular was well done on that aspect.

Comet Lucifer 5-6

I was thhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssss close to dropping after it after the fourth episode. Last two episodes however have been noticeably better even if they still retain some of the flaws of the prior episode. One of the things bad but also somewhat intriguing about the show are the villains. The enemies are so over the top in how evil they are but the leader also seems to actively miss the battlefield. I'm not sure if he actually has PTSD or whether he's an adrenaline junkie that missed the war of old. Either way it's sort of an interesting take for the character. The problems stem from the lackies in that they just seem way too happy to kill civilians or just anyone in general. That said, episode 5 did clear up why this captain chose a kill happy knife wielding kid as both share a sort of bloodlust.

The thing with Felia is also a very good case of show not tell in that the audience clearly sees the danger of Felia overusing her powering causing her aging. Instead of this being just exposition, the show visually demonstrated it. Problem is it took too long to get to this point as the show feels paced for 24/26 episodes instead of the 12 that it currently looks to be. The show is still world building despite possibly being halfway over and laying out basic principles.

The episode count is a big issue with my feelings towards the show as the pacing is so slow and if this was part of a 26 episode show, I might have a lot more confidence in the pacing for the rest of the show. Instead I'm worried that the staff is going to rush the ending, as it's taken so long for the show to 'kick off'.

Orange has also done a really great job on the CGI front, especially so for a television series. Episode 5 in particular was well done on that aspect.

I've got a good feeling that episode 12 is going to end on a cliffhanger and we'll get a S2 announcement shortly after because of the way this is paced.

Like, how many 12 episode single-cour mecha shows can you name? I don't think there's that many.

But yeah the pacing and one of the villains have been my major problems with the show so far. Like, Purple-haired man is just one of those stock generic cheap LN villains who has no motivation other than taking the MC's waifu away. Like, he doesn't even have any connection to Gus, unlike his other sidekick. He's just there to have somebody to hate.

All in all though, I'm still enjoying the show and hoping it picks up. I'm still really impressed by how good the CG mecha has been in this.

Apt101

The 7 Deadly Sins isn't exactly the crazy screaming type of Shounen but it's a good middle ground. It has lots of action and a pretty solid story which makes it easier to watch than purely action based shows. I'm not a fan of the anime adaptation but it's a good enough and a good way to get someone interested in the manga.

I see. I do like satire and remember Golden Boy making me laugh when I saw a bit of it in the distant past. Self referential of anime in general. Anything like that in a fantasy or sci-fi setting?

Cornbread78

They are my Noble Masters ep.7-End
Ok, this was a a pretty damn good ecchi comedy. Nothing was too over the top and the harem aspect was more fun than anything. The characters were all fun and had personality, so that made fhe episodes fly by. There was a couple drama episodes in there to carry a long the storyline, but the show was just good comedy fun to watch. Good stuff.

Monogatari Blu-Rays ordered. Most expensive impulse buy of this year. ._. Got them kind-of on sale though so I can justify it to myself that way.

Cornbread78

You forgot when she gives Araragi chocolate at the end Tsukimono and says "yay" then she puts a hair tie in.

Waot, that was the scene when she told him it was the one day he couldn't hang out with other girls, so they could have some alone time.... good scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom