• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Yeah and that did their #1 Son Precure a fat lot of good now, didn't it?

After 11 years, the most they have to show for themselves is a half cooked verison that aired on YTV and an even less done version that will only air on Netflix under a buggered title.

Toei need to just get in the Sea and stay there.

I didn't realize Precure was so popular in the West to warrant the same sort of comparison as surely one would be seen a sure bet. I couldn't say which now though.

Cornbread78

OK, no more posting until Lunch or I get out of work.... Waaay too much to do today, especially when I log in to over 100 emails in the morning... uugghh..

Qurupeke

Ninja Slayer From Animation 5-6

More randomness. I've started to get used to the crappy animation segments.

Ninja Slayer From Animation 7

Hey, the Nancy everyone kept mentioning finally appears. Senjougahara's voice actress too, she's perfect. She left quite an impression...

Ninja Slayer From Animation 8
ptBowhV.png
I like they give about 30 seconds to a scene like that. And she keeps delivering, oh my god. And the villains keep getting even more ridiculous. lol Also, do they really have a different song for every ending?

Ninja Slayer From Animation 9

I had no idea this show would have so much fanservice. It seems the budget actually goes only to the fanservice...

Ninja Slayer From Animation 10
YEEART, TAKE THIS, YEEART, TAKE THIS, YEEART, TAKE THIS, YEEART, TAKE THIS, YEEART, TAKE THIS, YEEART, TAKE THIS, YEEART, TAKE THIS, YEEART, TAKE THIS.

Oh and, AIEEEEE~. The villain was fucked up. Break time, or I'll lose my sanity after this episode.

Busaiku

Man, tried getting into Seraph of the End again, but Funimation was really bad with this.
Feels more like a Sentai dub.

This was the same season as Blood Blockade Battlefront too, so I dunno what went wrong.

Man, tried getting into Seraph of the End again, but Funimation was really bad with this.

This was the same season as Blood Blockade Battlefront too, so I dunno what went wrong.

What, I love their dub, Yu and Mika sound better chosen than the ones in the jpn voice.

Their best dub in years was Assassination Classroom though.

phaze

Mmkay.

• SNAFU
  • Shirobako
  • Utena
  • Heroic Legend of Arslan
Don't watch Arslan, that's all I'm going to tell you.

Need to force myself into another few eps of Utena. I adore Mawaru but somehow the former wasn't clicking with me.

---

Fate Stay/Night 21-24

- Lancer still a best.
- I've no idea what exactly happened in the last 2 fights with Avalon ...
- I was sure they were going
to find some way to have Saber stay with Shirou
so kudos at least for managing to surprise me.
- I don't understand what's the point of sending in Ilya as master if she's inevitably going to weaken/die when the war progresses.

Bad show, avoid it like a plague.

Busaiku

What, I love their dub, Yu and Mika sound better chosen than the ones in the jpn voice.

Their best dub in years was Assassination Classroom though.
Thought that was a weaker one too, though not as bad.
Didn't watch either in Japanese, so I dunno how they compare.
Thought their best stuff this year was Death Parade and Blood Blockade Battlefront.

Sterok

Aikatsu 158

New Okinawa girl is probably going to get a dance before Yuu. More Rin is always cool though. Best idol of her gen. Madoka had a nice moment with the duster. Finally, a new song. The Dancing Diva duo always had the best dances, and Love Game continued that trend. Next episode looks amazing. Hopefully it makes up for last season's lackluster dramas.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 81

Wow it took me so long to finally realize he was saying Tokushu Shokan. Speak more clearly Kurosaki.

Good duel though I cant wait for the next phases. I hope Kurosaki gets defeated, nothing more in YGO than I want to see a defeated Kurosaki creying.

Moaradin

Blood Blockade Battlefront dub is really good. Wish they would say anything about the last episode...

I thought the dub of Assassination Classroom was really solid.

The Seraph of the End dub was a bit rougher, but that's because the way people talk in that show is very basic, and it sounds a bit odd when translated straight.

They would have to really alter some of the original lines to spice that dub up.

The final episode dub was bad?

Hasn't been put out yet.

Tuck

Don't watch Arslan, that's all I'm going to tell you.

Need to force myself into another few eps of Utena. I adore Mawaru but somehow the former wasn't clicking with me.

---

Fate Stay/Night 21-24

- Lancer still a best.
- I've no idea what exactly happened in the last 2 fights with Avalon ...
- I was sure they were going
to find some way to have Saber stay with Shirou
so kudos at least for managing to surprise me.
- I don't understand what's the point of sending in Ilya as master if she's inevitably going to weaken/die when the war progresses.

Bad show, avoid it like a plague.

Second half has the GOAT Opening song though. (EDIT: Assuming you're talking about the Ufotable version)

Also, Arslan was good.

Scythian

Overlord 9
I don't post often, but after watching this episode I couldn't resist giving it praises. This is the sort of power fantasy anime I didn't know I was looking for. I'm enjoying it sooo much specially after the MC
crushed Clementine to death
, it felt so satisfying to see that, something few anime have made me feel, honestly.
So far it's fantastic. I'm wondering if there's more anime like this somewhere.

Line_HTX

Hey, you're supossed to be watching SNAFU, stop bouncing around like Tigger...

I will, no worries. And I got everyone else's order list to consider. And lol, being compared to Tigger...

F/GO is the best thing to come to the type-moon universe since Fate/Extra.

Game is blah like the ships. Rin is great. Everything else is doo-doo. It's a shame because I really loved the ufotable budget. ;)

JulianImp

Archer and Kirito... sheesh, talk about boring characters. I can see them being popular because they're both "badass", but neither of them had any interesting traits for me. At least I can kind of understand Asuna since it looked like she had some potential at first, and she got some more characterization for Mother's Rosario. I'm also perplexed by F/SN not only beating Owari, but also climbing six spots compared to the last ranking (which was when?). Zero was okay, but SN and its main cast was nothing to write home about.

...And the popularity of gary stus and mary sues in fiction continue to elude me. Personally, I'd much rather have a character with more relatable skills and flaws than some perfect MC with a 100% success rate in every single thing he/she does sets out to do, since there's a point where the escapism gets so overblown that I just can't ignore it anymore.

Ascheroth

Fafner Exodus - 03

Man, I'm loving this. The new characters from the Human Army bring some interesting interactions to the table and the characters and interactions generally are really good.
More explanations about the islands core, Urds Well and Mir. I'm gonna repeat myself again, but: poor Tsubaki :(
Looks like they already got mech upgrades this early (but functual not visual).
And dammit Soushi, why is your narration so depressive? Oh wait, I can imagine :/

The Nadeko hate really makes me sad. She's not perfect, not even close to Gahara or Tsukihi, but she's pretty good
when she's not insane...

Nadeko has the best turn around out of all the characters. Going from the sickly sweet, weak and rather annoying persona in Snake to...uh, Medusa is great and totally redeems that arc and her. It sets up Hitagi End which is easily the best arc in the entire series so far as well. Also when she let the Snake God take over and she just flipped out that was a great catharsis moment for the both of us. Her being the "final boss" is probably the least expected thing in the whole series. Well, it would have been if the scene wasn't shown at the beginning of the first episode of Medusa, since you knew how it would end up anyway. The tease of the ultimate team up of Araragi, Adult Shinobu, Hanekawa, Kanbaru and Senjougahara that never happens is great too.

I don't like Nadeko because she's fucking insane but that turnaround and one of the best uses of an unreliable narrator I've ever seen made her work.

I welcome our new CG overlords

ctatmmtveaajhfjgeykq.jpg

Wow, people somehow found a worse boatshit to like then the other ome

Well, at least Producer is still #5

JCG

In that last episode, he completely shifts to throwing blame on Maria and denouncing her while shoving the responsibility of his own actions on her. It's a massacre of his characterization up until then and I can't believe there was a reason other than the animation studio didn't know what to do with him.

The last episode didn't have him in the most positive state of mind. In fact, I'd say that his reaction was entirely understandable given what had just happened before. So I don't think it's a any sort of "massacre" of Galfa's character to show him at his weakest and most petty. Human beings, not only fictional characters, tend to have such outbursts under certain conditions. Which they might ostensibly reflect upon and even regret later, whenever it becomes possible to look back on the situation with more honesty and self-criticism. In other words, there is nothing wrong with a defeated and humiliated foe finding a scapegoat for his own problems.

The fates of Maria and Bernard directly contradict one another in terms of the thought process of the angels and God. The impact of either would have been much more effective if the other had shared a similar fate.Instead, it ends up just looking arbitrary and played towards giving the fans an ending they wanted and not necessarily the ending it deserves - not an uncommon problem in anime and manga.

Unfortunately, I can't possibly agree with you on either level. Determining what ending certain characters deserve (or not) is a rather subjective issue, not a question of scientific truth, so I cannot claim that any of our respective interpretations happens to be universally correct. However, I feel your suggested resolution wouldn't be an improvement. Maria and Bernard were not equivalent characters, so there is no good reason why their fates should be identical. It is admittedly true that coming in contact with Maria's own ideals did have an influence on him, but Bernard's personality and actions took him a step beyond. In short, his "new teaching" went so far as to require an angry denial of heavenly intervention and led to open rebellion in defiance of a reality that stood before his eyes. Coming from a priest, no less, that would be quite blasphemous.

Maria's mindset was quite different. She was all about acting to help others, first and foremost, and had absolutely no interest in trying to come up with a new faith to be imposed on people. If you really must group them together at the end of the day, then Maria's way clearly represents a more benign alternative where people who disagree with her ideals are still allowed to exist, which does not follow Bernard's militant preaching of "no, this is the way things should work and let nothing alter it!" attitude. In short, Bernard's mistake was trading one kind of orthodoxy for another and remaining a slave to the defense of an established order (or a potential one, at least, if his new teaching had been accepted).

Not to mention it's a huge asspull that the whole scene was her yelling at an angel that he was wrong for about 10 seconds, he threw back the fact that absolutely all but 3 people totally hate her, and then for some reason he said “Whoops. You win.”

Eh, I think that description is perhaps too unnecessarily cynical for my taste. Not entirely accurate either, given that the show had actually provided some build up both for the general idea behind the final outcome as well as, in my opinion, most of the concrete elements involved in the same.

JulianImp

Nadeko has the best turn around out of all the characters. Going from the sickly sweet, weak and rather annoying persona in Snake to...uh, Medusa is great and totally redeems that arc and her. It sets up Hitagi End which is easily the best arc in the entire series so far as well. Also when she let the Snake God take over and she just flipped out that was a great catharsis moment for the both of us. Her being the "final boss" is probably the least expected thing in the whole series. Well, it would have been if the scene wasn't shown at the beginning of the first episode of Medusa, since you knew how it would end up anyway. The tease of the ultimate team up of Araragi, Adult Shinobu, Hanekawa, Kanbaru and Senjougahara that never happens is great too.

I don't like Nadeko because she's fucking insane but that turnaround and one of the best uses of an unreliable narrator I've ever seen made her work.

I agree. While she isn't the best character in the show by a long shot, her arc during Second Season was amazing and something I never expected, mostly thanks to how the moe dojikko character stereotype was ingrained in me to the point I couldn't see her as anything but a disgustingly cute little girl, and that gave a lot more impact to her sudden turnabout during Medusa.

After her, I've gotten a lot more aware about how annoying her character archetype can be when it's played completely straight, which has made most anime series a bit more painful to watch as a result.

Qurupeke

I like how well this can describe myself when I watch this. Either this or the one of Ninja Slayer crying blood, I guess.

Ninja Slayer From Animation 11

Did I just watch the same animation about 10 times when the Darkninja is defeated by the YEEARTs? lol Also, when did the Dragon sensei even teach something? He was poisoned a bit after his introduction. l have a feeling I either miss something or the OP is really misleading. lol

Ninja Slayer From Animation 12

Holy shit, what a start. Trigger saved anime again. I came for fun and I stayed for the plot. Nancy's plot.

Ninja Slayer From Animation 13

Oh finally some Yamoto. Also, was the animation way better in this episode? It almost felt like an episode of a normal anime... It was actually good, not so-bad-it's-good like everything so far.

Ninja Slayer From Animation 14

Another episode that seemed better than the rest, except the fights, of course. It was actually pretty nice, I liked Silver Karosu and Yamoto's story. But where's Nancy? :(

Ninja Slayer From Animation 15
oj23FLQ.png

Ample breasts indeed.

Naming her Amnesia-san was so random. lol And I didn't realize she was even missing. Oh and Ninja Slayer defusing the bombs was hilarious.

Ninja Slayer From Animation 16
nQJqaGK.jpg

Am I seeing things or is this an Advance Wars map?

Communists are always the villains.

Ninja Slayer From Animation 17
pEFTIIr.png

Was the purpose of this scene to troll us? Why Trigger, why?!

Yamoto episodes continue to be very enjoyable. I actually think she's far more interesting than Ninja Slayer's kill-all-the-ninjas story.

Ninja Slayer From Animation 18
TNZ5Ft5.png

Damn it bow-using cops!
Now there's even a higher message in the story, along with metaphors and society documentation. It's a show about a guy that wants to kill monster-like ninjas, and now there's an episode about the conflicts in the society, the manipulation of a demonstration and the struggles of a young man betrayed by society, trying to find the answer to the problems. Based Trigger.

pbayne

Archer and Kirito... sheesh, talk about boring characters. I can see them being popular because they're both "badass", but neither of them had any interesting traits for me. At least I can kind of understand Asuna since it looked like she had some potential at first, and she got some more characterization for Mother's Rosario. I'm also perplexed by F/SN not only beating Owari, but also climbing six spots compared to the last ranking (which was when?). Zero was okay, but SN and its main cast was nothing to write home about.

...And the popularity of gary stus and mary sues in fiction continue to elude me. Personally, I'd much rather have a character with more relatable skills and flaws than some perfect MC with a 100% success rate in every single thing he/she does sets out to do, since there's a point where the escapism gets so overblown that I just can't ignore it anymore.

I agree but you have to take those polls with a huge grain of slat.

I mean Kira from Gundam Seed came fourth in one a few months ago, that shows 12 years old, like who the fucks still voting for gundam seed characters?

It reminds me of that recent SAO poll were a dude who wasn't supposed to win did and then the creators said "Nah you're gonna like Asuna cause we said so."

John Blade

So clannad will be on sale for the umpteenth time?

I guess it will be one sale every Christmas. I want to see of what show will be up for this year sale. I know they will those that will be on sale every year but what other show will they add. I hope the new Patlabor movie and ova is on the sale as they have them last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom