• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teekyu Season 1

And I thought Miss Monochrome was next level, this whole show is even beyond that.

Its super lolsorandomXDDD but for some reason it just works, I'm having a good time!

phaze

Ergo Proxy Episode 1:

So in honor of the recent passing of Studio Manglobe I have decided to check out some titles of theirs that I have yet to watch in any capacity. I understand this one is rather divisive but this is why I chose it, divisive means I must watch it with my own eyes to craft mine own opinion on the matter. Also, I think I would rather eat my arm then watch one picosecond of The World God Only Knows or Hayate The Combat Butler. Anyway, I already like it more then Plastic Memories or Psycho Pass so there is that, as for actually like it, well, I think I need to watch more episodes before developing a solid opinion on that. I do like the look of the anime in spite of the flat and flavorless digital painting. Ah, the ugly age of anime, I do not miss you one bit. Anyway, this is the Manglobe I want to revisit the impossibly ambitious and arty version that dared to break the mold.

I enjoyed Ergo Proxy a lot but it's a really weird series. Be prepared for some supreme mindfuck episodes during second half.

duckroll

Snow White with the Red Hair - Episode 11-12 (End)

Finally finished this off today. Not a bad conclusion for the first season, but the shoujo style romance really gets tacky. I'm glad the final episode was more of a throwback to the fun random wacky stuff from the earlier episodes. It was nice seeing Zen act like an idiot again because that's when he's most entertaining. The romance angle where it's taken super seriously, and hand holding is supposed to be super emotional is just too much anime-love for me. The tea scene in 11 was pretty good though. They should have more stories dedicated to Shirayuki's work.

I wonder what season 2 will be like. Anyone reading the manga?

Guys guys... It's finally Megumi Day aga-...what wait

No Soma anymore for now?

superthumb.gif

Well... There is Noragami today.. Anything else?

Young Black Jack.

Cornbread78

Snow White with the Red Hair - Episode 11-12 (End)

Finally finished this off today. Not a bad conclusion for the first season, but the shoujo style romance really gets tacky. I'm glad the final episode was more of a throwback to the fun random wacky stuff from the earlier episodes. It was nice seeing Zen act like an idiot again because that's when he's most entertaining. The romance angle where it's taken super seriously, and hand holding is supposed to be super emotional is just too much anime-love for me. The tea scene in 11 was pretty good though. They should have more stories dedicated to Shirayuki's work.

I wonder what season 2 will be like. Anyone reading the manga?

Obi trying to take a shot at ShirayukI was kinda funny stuff also..
The best part of the show is that it actually has quality character and relationship development for it's characters. I'm hoping S2 goes into the ups and downs of officially introducing their relationship to 1st prince and the kingdom.
No idea about the manga though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ergo Proxy Episode 2:

Hmmm, yes, already seeing some cracks with this title. Mainly because the conspiracy thread feels so very rote and obvious, which may be why they have been playing the cliff notes version and it seems like this subplot is several chapters ahead where it should be. Of course, this could also be the fact that the conspiracy isn't actually in control of the situation and yea secrets are not going to be kept for long under the current environment. Also, they have failed to give me an actual reason to care about Law yet but it is still early.

Busaiku

I doubt Funimation will ever do Lupin again.
They tried the specials, which never really did that well, so they stopped with those. Then they did Fujiko, which also didn't do that well.
Discover did Jigen and other stuff, so it'll probably be them.

Jarmel

Banned
Ergo Proxy Episode 2:

Hmmm, yes, already seeing some cracks with this title. Mainly because the conspiracy thread feels so very rote and obvious, which may be why they have been playing the cliff notes version and it seems like this subplot is several chapters ahead where it should be. Of course, this could also be the fact that the conspiracy isn't actually in control of the situation and yea secrets are not going to be kept for long under the current environment. Also, they have failed to give me an actual reason to care about Law yet but it is still early.

Oh. Someone watching Ergo Proxy? This should be entertaining. lol

Sölf

Hibike! Euphonium 06
Oh, it was that episode. And Vize Prez is still best girl and best character. Definitly a funny episode, yet it's still quite serious. But damn, why do these episodes feel so long? D:

your lie in april - 22 end

i'm so sad

also happy?

It's overwhelmingly impressive to me that such a cliched story actually affected me as much as this series did. Just goddamn. What a good anime. That final piano sequence was beautiful.

Also shoutout to Takeshi's fuckin' hair holy shit.

edit: man now i need somethign lighthearted, technically it's time to sleep, but i need to clear my mind
Well there it is. Yes the finale was one of the most bitter sweet moments in anime of recent times. Everything was just downright gorgeous, the song, the emotion being put into it. It was also extremely sad due to the circumstances. It gave me a knot in my throat. And the
letter
at the end? Ohhhh that fucking
letter
. The show was excellent. I kept trying to deny the inevitable each week with a friend, and when it happened I was heartbroken lol.

Guys guys... It's finally Megumi Day aga-...what wait

No Soma anymore for now?

superthumb.gif

Well... There is Noragami today.. Anything else?
Tadokoro shall be missed. I'm this close to jumping right into the manga, but I need to be strong!

Sölf

Tadokoro shall be missed. I'm this close to jumping right into the manga, but I need to be strong!

I'll just wait for the regular releases here. Volume 8 will release early november, which will continue where the anime left of. So, yeah. Basically, more Megumi next month for me. <3<3<3

Sölf;180525438 said:
I'll just wait for the regular releases here. Volume 8 will release early november, which will continue where the anime left of. So, yeah. Basically, more Megumi next month for me. <3<3<3
The thing for me is that the anime was so great, but I'm the kind of guy that doesn't want to watch a show if I'm already ahead in the manga. That happened with Prison School in the Summer. The show looked great and I know that I would have loved it, but I was already so far into the chapters that I didn't want to spend 20mins watching something that I read months ago.

The same could happened with Soma. Season 2 gets announced and I will just shrug it off. I'd rather go into it with virgin eyes lol.

Cornbread78

I'l trying to finish up this Owarimonogatari OT, but does anyone have the links to the numbered PVs? I can only find the one in the link above, thee others are al scatered all over the place. Also, it's not up on Crunchy yet, so I can't post the link.

Has anyone licensed the new Lupin yet?

Funi got the Fujiko Mine series, but not the last movie. Maybe Funi got it.

Just please, don't let Sentai get it...

The Jigen movie went to Discotek, and considering The Woman Called Fujiko Mine didn't do that well for Funi, I'm inclined to think Discotek will likely get the Lupin Blue Jacket series.

Won't be able to go on my PS4 so soon so I opened the community up to anyone. So if you want in just add me (blewjayy) and you should be able to see it under Discover Communities. This way I won't have to accept a) a friend invite b) accept a community spot request, which can only be done on the PS4. Any of the folks who aren't part of GAF (RIP) are welcome to add me and join as well. There's only 9 members so far /:

So with the Lupin anime airing soon and me not having ever watched any of the stuff what would be the best way for me to get into it? I understand that there's a legacy of content to get through and that all of it seems to be great, but is it true that Castle of Cagliostro would be the quickest one way to learn about the characters and the world?

duckroll

I don't think there's any particular need to try and find an entry point into Lupin. The characters are archetypes and their relationships with each other are opportunistic and rather simple. The stories are self contained and generally accessible.

Sölf

The Heroic Legend of Narsus #18

SO WHAT WAS LIKE THE POINT OF THIS.

Sure, Arslan's harem expanded, but he already has Narsus and Daryun anyway. How many hot dudes he need?

It's obvious that this works like Fire Emblem 4, where you can always use everybody. So more dudes per mission = better chance of survival.

On a more serious note, I am pretty sure this will come back in the future. Whether we will see that animated or not is something completely different. I mean, if the Lusitania thing doesn't work out for Silvermask dude, he could come here. Also, the prince (Rajendra? I forgot) was forbidden to invade Pars only for a few years, so he could come back.

I don't think there's any particular need to try and find an entry point into Lupin. The characters are archetypes and their relationships with each other are opportunistic and rather simple. The stories are self contained and generally accessible.
So I'll be fine if I just jump into the show this season? With Persona 5 drawing inspiration from this, and dat OP that just blew my mind I really want to give this a shot.

So with the Lupin anime airing soon and me not having ever watched any of the stuff what would be the best way for me to get into it? I understand that there's a legacy of content to get through and that all of it seems to be great, but is it true that Castle of Cagliostro would be the quickest one way to learn about the characters and the world?

Yeah, just watch that movie, It's really good and only two hours tops, I thought it gave a nice preview of the main characters.

It's the only Lupin the 3rd related thing I've seen though, I was in the same boat as you.

Narag

IIRC Miyazaki sort of envisioned the Lupin in Cagliostro as one at the end of his career so he's very much this idealized gentleman-thief in it. Don't be surprised if you check out other stuff and find him a little (or a lot) more conniving and/or cruel. You should still give it a shot though but man, going from something like Cagliostro to, say, Mystery of Mamo is total tonal whiplash.

So I'll be fine if I just jump into the show this season? With Persona 5 drawing inspiration from this, and dat OP that just blew my mind I really want to give this a shot.

Yeah, of course. There's no backstory in Lupin, no continuity between the different entries in the franchise, so there's nothing you need to know. All of the basic character archetypes and relationships that form the core of the franchise - Lupin is a thief, Jigen is a gunslinger, Goemon is a swordsman, Fujiko is the femme fatale who doublecrosses Lupin, Zenigata is the detective who tries to capture then all - can be quickly summarized and should be apparent no matter what you're watching.

Watch the Miyazaki Lupin movie and read about the relationships between the characters on the wiki.

It isn't like their relationships are that complex. Watching the new series from a blank slate can't be so hard, the premise is easy, it should be easy enough to catch it on the fly, even more if he watches the movie before.

Yeah, of course. There's no backstory in Lupin, no continuity between the different entries in the franchise, so there's nothing you need to know. All of the basic character archetypes and relationships that form the core of the franchise - Lupin is a thief, Jigen is a gunslinger, Goemon is a swordsman, Fujiko is the femme fatale who doublecrosses Lupin, Zenigata is the detective who tries to capture then all - can be quickly summarized and should be apparent no matter what you're watching.

It isn't like their relationships are that complex. Watching the new series from a blank slate can't be so hard, the premise is easy, it should be easy enough to catch it on the fly, even more if he watches the movie before.

Hmm all of these answers are so conflicting. With school and all, my time is limited now. If the Lupin in the movie isn't the same as the one in the series starting this season, it'll kinda defeat the purpose of me taking the time to watch it, even if it is a good movie in its own right. I think I'm just gonna wait it out for the anime series to start, and worst comes to worst I'll check the wiki like Admiral said.

Sterok

Ika Musume Season 2 1-12

More squid. More kid. Same squid girl. Just as enjoyable as the first season, though Sanae got annoying fast.

Russ T

Banned
Well there it is. Yes the finale was one of the most bitter sweet moments in anime of recent times. Everything was just downright gorgeous, the song, the emotion being put into it. It was also extremely sad due to the circumstances. It gave me a knot in my throat. And the
letter
at the end? Ohhhh that fucking
letter
. The show was excellent. I kept trying to deny the inevitable each week with a friend, and when it happened I was heartbroken lol.

I knew what was going to happen, but I kept hoping it wouldn't. )':

Definitely one of the better series I've seen in recent years.

Ushio & Tora 14

Fun episode that I feel did a good job of condensing two different fights into one episode for the sake of covering the whole story in 39 episodes. I like the updated OP but obviously a brand new op would have been better but I'll live.

Ascheroth

Ushio to Tora - 14

A wild Mizuki Nana appears!
This show is just getting better and better. This episode was another blast to watch, with Hakumen no Mono starting to get active, the 'true wielders' of the spear appearing and Tora going spider-mode with his mane after having to rip his hands and feet off. Of course, he just sticks them on again after everything, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom