• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the season finally begins tomorrow uh. And with a bang too, Noragami right from the get go. I hope that I'm able to watch everything I wanted to watch before going out at night.

New page so I'll be posting it here again, AnimeGAF has its own PS4 community. Hit me up with a PM if you are interested, and I'll add you as a friend!

two days ago but yeahhhhhh D:

i'll be done tomorrow, probably, maybe tonight if i can stay up that late, which i might just do, it's 11:09pm and i have five episodes left hmmmmm
Man that finale... I'll just let you watch it and read your impressions. That show was sooooo good.

I'm always afraid to make an anime thread in main gaf.

What if the anime I focus on really goes to shit?

Then I'll always be associated with a shitty anime. People will be like, that's the guy that made that thread about that shitty anime, it's like he made it himself. That terrible person him...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Then I'll always be associated with a shitty anime. People will be like, that's the guy that made that thread about that shitty anime, it's like he made it himself. That terrible person him...

People don't have that long a memory around here.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's okay, everyone already thinks all anime is shit.

It's not like people go "look it's that guy who made the OT for that one shitty anime"

Most of OT GAF will just ignore your anime thread unless it goes GAF viral if it's like super gross or raunchy.

Making an OT that gets no responses is worst than making one for a bad anime. Just look at the Space Dandy and KLK OTs.

Russ T

Banned
It's okay, everyone already thinks all anime is shit.

well except for the ones i like but yeah

Man that finale... I'll just let you watch it and read your impressions. That show was sooooo good.

my impressions may or may not be anything deep but this is an incredibly enthralling anime thus far

my one major beef with it is the thing i already mentioned: kids being way too mature for their age. but whatever that's a lot of anime so i can get over it

everything else about it is just so good though ughhhhh

People don't have that long a memory around here.
Sadly some things you just can't forget. Wish it was the case for most things, but OTs?

Most folks don't even check the very first post anyway, much less actually memorize who made a thread and who didn't ahaha. I say go ahead and make a thread if you want to. I tend to stick to leaving my opinions here since it is more general, but I do sometimes lurk about in specific anime OTs that I'm watching.

my impressions may or may not be anything deep but this is an incredibly enthralling anime thus far

my one major beef with it is the thing i already mentioned: kids being way too mature for their age. but whatever that's a lot of anime so i can get over it

everything else about it is just so good though ughhhhh
That's all that matters really, you are enjoying it. As for your second point, one word like you said: anime.

javac

It's true what they say about GAF, you come from the games and stay for the community, rotting away. I don't even know what video games are anymore but what's even more absurd is the fact that I hardly watch anime either, I just buy and talk about shit more than I do actually consuming said medium.

I cannot wait for the review about how Diabolik Lovers Z: The search for more money is the most revolutionizing anime that changed the industry and made critics cry.

Jintor

klk was okay. i can't say it was really good, and in some ways it was definitely bad, but it had its moments.

best episode still the 'oh shit we're late for school' episode

duckroll

Animator Expo 34 - Robot on the Road (Warning: NSFW, Contains Nudity)

Okay, i totally didn't expect Okiura's short to be a shamelessly straight smut comedy short. I was expecting something more family friendly given how the last film he directed was Letter to Momo, but I guess he has his urges too, and the Animator Expo project in general has always slanted towards more adult smutty stuff anyway.

I think it was a relatively funny short all things considered. The casual voyeurism is pretty creepy, but overall it was more about physical comedy and the animation and art was really good. The music was great too. It's basically a robot being a stand-in for a dirty old man. I dunno. The consequences could probably have been handled better, but this clearly isn't something which wants to have much to say. :p

It's funny how the best productions to come out of the entire range of Animator Expo shorts are probably the ones with the most nudity too. What does that say about the true desires of animators in Japan?! Lol.

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - 23

CQSUdcCWgAEP3Bv.png:large

Ladies and gentleman, allow me to introduce Lieutenant Commander Jamaican.

No really, that's his name. Jamaican.

I'm tempted to switch to the dub just to see if he's got an accent.

Zolf

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - 23

Ladies and gentleman, allow me to introduce Lieutenant Commander Jamaican.

No really, that's his name. Jamaican.

I'm tempted to switch to the dub just to see if he's got an accent.

When it comes to jerkface assholes in the leadership ranks, I don't think any organization has a better lineup than the Titans.

And yet despite being one of the most clearly "bad" factions in UC (or in Gundam in general), their front line soldiers actually manage to be decently well-written characters.

Also, I'm pretty sure his name isn't pronounced that way.
No fun allowed

Russ T

Banned
your lie in april - 22 end

i'm so sad

also happy?

It's overwhelmingly impressive to me that such a cliched story actually affected me as much as this series did. Just goddamn. What a good anime. That final piano sequence was beautiful.

Also shoutout to Takeshi's fuckin' hair holy shit.

edit: man now i need somethign lighthearted, technically it's time to sleep, but i need to clear my mind

Animator Expo 43: Robot on the Road

Wow, I really liked the facial animation in this, it felt dynamic, artsyle was also neat I guess.

Mailbox

There's a horse in this harem....

THERE'S A FUCKING HORSE IN THIS HAREM!

hahahahahaha...

Not the worst thing i've seen, but its not really good either.
Since I don't really ever drop things, I'll keep this going.

fertygo

Aikatsu 152 (more like whole S3 brief impression tho)

They going an tour now? man that's awesome idea.

This S3 overall is step up from S2, although S1 still the best in complete package and the original trio is still a lot more endearing than the new one, but they're alright and bunch of new character is fun too,

I'll give it to S3 tho for having the best song collection (Tutu Balerina is GOAT) and performance, I rewatching multiple eps just for the CG performance.. its became so good now, can't wait for blu-ray to completely free from darkened scene at those performance that caused by Japan TV regulation about color intensive scene.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ergo Proxy Episode 1:

So in honor of the recent passing of Studio Manglobe I have decided to check out some titles of theirs that I have yet to watch in any capacity. I understand this one is rather divisive but this is why I chose it, divisive means I must watch it with my own eyes to craft mine own opinion on the matter. Also, I think I would rather eat my arm then watch one picosecond of The World God Only Knows or Hayate The Combat Butler. Anyway, I already like it more then Plastic Memories or Psycho Pass so there is that, as for actually like it, well, I think I need to watch more episodes before developing a solid opinion on that. I do like the look of the anime in spite of the flat and flavorless digital painting. Ah, the ugly age of anime, I do not miss you one bit. Anyway, this is the Manglobe I want to revisit the impossibly ambitious and arty version that dared to break the mold.

Mendrox

Guys guys... It's finally Megumi Day aga-...what wait

No Soma anymore for now?

superthumb.gif

Well... There is Noragami today.. Anything else?

Mendrox

Sölf;180517024 said:
Just patiently await season 2. It will happen, right? ...right?

Well with that pacing they did, the coming event in November, the Jump Festa OVA, all that merchandise, the increased manga sales and the animation studio...

2nd season will happen for sure. It will surely be a yearly thing now :) Would be perfect like Bakuman

Lupin the Third 2015 01

Well, can't say that was a terribly exciting first episode, but far from bad. You will probably at least need a thin understanding of the character outlines because they don't spend a second on any of that, which is rather odd to me. There's something about the way this episode progressed that wasn't 100% solid either, very odd plot structure. And that scene when Lupin and Rebecca were falling...what the hell, how high up were they!?

Visuals are amazing, the show looks great. Soundtrack is good, those elements alone will keep me watching.

Has anyone licensed the new Lupin yet?

Funi got the Fujiko Mine series, but not the last movie. Maybe Funi got it.

Just please, don't let Sentai get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom