• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noragami Aragato OP is pretty good, the song isn't as strong as the previous one but the animation is more sophisticated. I also like that they kept the overall visual style of the first OP, gives it a nice consistency.

We had that already in the UK.

It was called Robot Wars.

Seriously, the simple designs always bested the overly complicated ones.

Yeah I remember there being a robot with simple flip that recked everyone.
Though he was a house robot, Sir Killalot was my favorite. I kinda miss that show :(
rwmkill.jpg

blurr

Aria the Natural 01-02

I've been saving this for the right moment considering how relaxing Animation was and boy was it something I needed. Neo Venezia is heavenly and as if that isn't enough, there's the music and the lovely folk. Easing my mind with a soothing track in the beginning, an OP that is uniquely integrated into every episode, I have to appreciate the effort. It's really adorable how the show throws some heart warming lines fully aware of how cheesy it sounds. It attempts to counter that cheesiness with the famous line "Embarrassing remarks are not allowed" and it always gets me.

I want to savor this so I'm stopping at episode 2 for today, I have a couple of other shows to watch after all (Hyouka and Gugure Kokkuri-san). Probably an episode a day.

Worth also mentioning that the ED is absolutely beautiful.

Kurita

I'll watch Subete ga F ni Naru just because KANA-BOON and Scenarioart are doing the theme songs.

Noragami has my blessing thanks to THE ORAL CIGARETTES doing the OP

Ascheroth

Heavy Object - 01

This was pretty cool. It's got ridiculously huge mech warfare, so that's always a plus, and production values looked really good, actually. Even the CG. The OP was whatever, though.

So this basically plays in the future, where traditional wars have been replaced by battles between mentioned giant mechs (called Objects...).
Our protagonist is some kinda engineering-student on a miltary base who is learning about maintaining Objects to get rich, apparently.
This episode had a nice history lesson about what I mentioned above that showed off how powerful Objects are and introduced us nicely to the main cast and setting.

The only thing that bothered me was the abrupt cut at the end of the episode. It went from having a barbecue at a mlitary base to 2 huge mechs fighting with lots of dead people in a split second. I assume it was a flashforward, and they'll cover how that situation came to be in the next episode(s), but it felt really sudden and out of place.

Still, I'm curious where this is going and am looking forward to the next episode.

Cross-posting from the OT.

Noragami Aragoto Ep 01

OP: Nice song. Great animation there.
ED: I liked the previous song better. Not feeling it, maybe a I will grow on it.

There was a plenty of Bishamon in this episode. Bishamon with the Buster Sword was pretty good <3

Thre was also the usual Yato antics lol.

Sölf

Hibike! Euphonium 07-08
The show finally gets better. Especially episode 8 was pretty good. Kumiko is a pretty nice lead and imo quite a bit different from other leads in similar shows. Also, Reina finally shows some character. Was wondering when this would finally happen, since she appears as pretty much the fourth main character and received like no screentime at all until now.

pbayne

Heavy Object - 01

This was pretty cool. It's got ridiculously huge mech warfare, so that's always a plus, and production values looked really good, actually. Even the CG. The OP was whatever, though.

So this basically plays in the future, where traditional wars have been replaced by battles between mentioned giant mechs (called Objects...).
Our protagonist is some kinda engineering-student on a miltary base who is learning about maintaining Objects to get rich, apparently.
This episode had a nice history lesson about what I mentioned above that showed off how powerful Objects are and introduced us nicely to the main cast and setting.

The only thing that bothered me was the abrupt cut at the end of the episode. It went from having a barbecue at a mlitary base to 2 huge mechs fighting with lots of dead people in a split second. I assume it was a flashforward, and they'll cover how that situation came to be in the next episode(s), but it felt really sudden and out of place.

Still, I'm curious where this is going and am looking forward to the next episode.

Damn you actually made it sound interesting but I've sworn off light novel adaptations, so unless it becomes the greatest thing ever I ain't watching it.

Heavy Object 1

[Exposition clip showcasing war and writer displaying his variation of 'war never changes' line]

[moves to protag and friend]

"Ugh protag I hate shoveling snow and I am going to complain about it today the day the episode starts"

"Now now best friend, remember that awkward exposition"

"You're right protag"

"HAHAHA. Best friend, remind me of that character background information about you that I already know for exposition?"

and then the whole episode was this. lol

Besides that I liked it enough to keep watching. Main character looked like young Luke Skywalker in the snow.

Heavy Object Episode 1

In a world where war is fought with Technodromes...

I was honestly surprised by this anime. The history monologue at the beginning was actually fairly interesting and the overall direction of the show is pretty nice. It seems as if this show will have a fairly small cast of main characters which should be interesting to see and I'm enjoying the overall setting it has so far.

Sölf

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, I AM DOWNLOAD HEAVY OBJECT ALREADY!

Geez, can't skip a single show I wasn't interested at the beginning because of you, right? Oh wait, I skipped that Lance thing. Well, okay.

Ascheroth

Sölf;180555202 said:
Geez, can't skip a single show I wasn't interested at the beginning because of you, right? Oh wait, I skipped that Lance thing. Well, okay.

Which is all that matters.

Damn you actually made it sound interesting but I've sworn off light novel adaptations, so unless it becomes the greatest thing ever I ain't watching it.
Glad to be of service xD

I'm glad to see Funi got the new episode Noragami up on time.

Remember last season how long we were waiting for Blood Blockade Battlefront?

Noragami Aragoto 1

Yato continues to be the fucking best, the bestest there ever was.

Wow, this baby scene got dark quick.

Awww, they're all still good friends.

Dat Bishamon...

Okay, Bishamon, this looks like you're doing it more for you than them...

phaze

Noragami Aragato 01
Was okay I guess, Which pretty much sums my opinion of the previous season outside of the last episode. At least here it seems they will waste no time in setting up the main story.

Noragami Aragato 1

Mostly a reintroductory episode reminding the viewer how the world works and how the characters tick. The characters are still fun to watch so it was enjoyable and plot seems to start moving now. The intro sequence already allows for some speculation:
I guess in the past Bishamon acquired such a large number of regalias that she couldn't handle all the bad feelings and got corrupted. Yato then took it upon himself to save her and sliced and diced his way through her regalias. Not a bad setup (if true), but not terribly original either.

Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 24

Pretty god tier ending, really loved this episode and the Mika one, aside from that this show wasn't that good though.

I also liked how they showed that Miku and the other characters grew through the series.

Sölf

Heavy Object 01
The two dudes seem like a funny pair I can live with as main characters. The setting is also quite interesting so far. But I think I could have lived without the fanservice, especially the belt scene was just unnecessary, imo. Nevertheless, I had fun. Will give the show 1-2 more episodes and then decide if I continue with it.

Noragami Aragato 1
It's more of the same Noragami that you already know. Though I find it disappointing that they're jumping straight back into more Bishamon focused stuff.

Phatmac

Surprised that Mutsu is actually a
Yato
but hopefully it gives her even more development. Solid arc overall but the ending filler recap joke gag took the spotlight.
Ik1vMq8.png

Ascheroth

Noragami - 11-12

Hadn't watched this yet, because I lost interest when I heard it was anime original content, but it wasn't bad. The fight against Rabo was pretty hype.

Noragami Aragoto - 01

It's more of the same Noragami we all like (or don't like). There isn't really much more to say, lol.
Yato is best Delivery God as usual and there's lots of Bishamon.

[The Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls] - 24

Shimamu. ;____;
Next week "special" episode??

[Noragami Aragoto] - 01

The OP is good.
Yato back, Kamiya Hiroshi voiced characters are really fun, waiting for Arararararagi when Owarimonogatari airs.
Had fun with Hiyori skipping on the powerlines again.
I can't remember well where the first season ended and at the start I was remembering things that will still happen from the manga.

Heavy Object - 01

Stupidly big moving war machines with an abundant of firing weapons? With the power of onions to withstand nuclear weapons? Smoke pipe?
I like it!

Sudden shifts, some which includes long, out of place boob and ass shots?
I don't kinda don't like it!

I actually liked the info dump in the beginning, and the.. laid back(?) attitudes between the characters. I don't care if this turns out bad as long as I keep seeing big machines blast the fuck out of each other.

Phatmac

Our favorite odd jobs god service is back with Yato taking care of babies of all things. I honestly wouldn't let Yato of worst kid Yukine take care of my kid. I wouldn't let them take care of my kid but that kid was pretty ugly so it's fine I guess. Bishamon is still one of my least favorite characters so I hope they'll be able to make me care about her. I just wish she wore her uniform instead of that stupid bra. Decent starting episode with Yato making the show what it is. The OP is okay but the first is still leagues better.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Aria the Natural 01-02

I've been saving this for the right moment considering how relaxing Animation was and boy was it something I needed. Neo Venezia is heavenly and as if that isn't enough, there's the music and the lovely folk. Easing my mind with a soothing track in the beginning, an OP that is uniquely integrated into every episode, I have to appreciate the effort. It's really adorable how the show throws some heart warming lines fully aware of how cheesy it sounds. It attempts to counter that cheesiness with the famous line "Embarrassing remarks are not allowed" and it always gets me.

I want to savor this so I'm stopping at episode 2 for today, I have a couple of other shows to watch after all (Hyouka and Gugure Kokkuri-san). Probably an episode a day.

Worth also mentioning that the ED is absolutely beautiful.
The ED is probably the best one of the bunch. I guess that could be one of the songs in the rhythm game. lol
The Natural is the best of the series though - it's pretty much all world building and just episodes of them living in the world.

pbayne

Usagi Drop 1-4

I'll admit Im amazingly biased towards these kind of shows so I knew id probably like this but God I love this show so much so far. So funny, sweet and charming. The relationship between Daichiki(my hero, what man) and Rin is perfect.

The only thing Im worried about isn't there some controversy about the ending being different from the manga?

Usagi Drop 1-4

I'll admit Im amazingly biased towards these kind of shows so I knew id probably like this but God I love this show so much so far. So funny, sweet and charming. The relationship between Daichiki(my hero, what man) and Rin is perfect.

The only thing Im worried about isn't there some controversy about the ending being different from the manga?

The manga continues on past where the anime ends and goes in a direction that few approve of. The anime is the version to experience.

Laputa_94

Cross post from The Mecha GAF
MqmpXnTm.jpg
9fassmlm.jpg

I really liked Macross from the start, but this episode really showed off what makes me love this show. Just the scale of the events happening and the progression of Hikaru and Minmays relationship. Not to mention the animation of this episode was fantastic. In short I love Marcross

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Heavy Object Episode 1:

Holy fuck was that boring, though right now I am chalking that up to the insane amount of expostions that was told to me in very boring ways. I think the thing I like the most about this series so far is the soundtrack and I am hoping this gets better quickly or it is getting dropped quickly.

jbug617

Banned
Usagi Drop 1-4

Just enjoy the anime. Don't worry about the manga

Qurupeke

Noragami Aragato 1

Damn, I didn't expect Bishamon to have such a large family. I expected like 10-15 spirits, not like 50+. The episode was pretty nice. even though it's just the first one. I hope Nora will appear soon.

Sölf

Gintama 290-291
Nice to get some new lore on Mutsu and Sakamoto. These two appear not often enough (well, except for pretty much every opening in existance).
But yeah, the real gem was the post ED scene. Oh boy, how I missed that. Laughing through the whole thing. xD And I have a high demand for more Gintoki Sakata (F)!

Usagi Drop 1-4

If you like good anime like this try watching Barakamon after you are done watching Usagi Drop.

Noragami Aragoto - 01

I think I'll pass on this one. Bishamon getting some more spotlight isn't anything I'm interested in as she's your usual "SO STRONG!—but also half naked" woman who bored the hell out of me so far.

It's also just that I've come to the conclusion that the world building is pretty poor in Noragami and I've lost interest in any mysteries potentially remaining. It also doesn't help that this show does some heavy handed foreshadowing or teasing and I'm fed up about this oh so different Yato of an age gone by or Yukine's pre-regalia life. Either show me what's that actual about now or fuck off with alluding to it every couple minutes.

But yeh, overall it seems to be just more Noragami, which is a problem for me since it fell from grace during the 2nd part of the first season.

New OP seems alright, which means it gets destroyed by the amazing first one. Similar can be said about the EDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom