• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxec

Yeah I don't feel like waiting around that long.

I can understand. At first when I started watching Gintama I wasn't really getting the laughs I wanted so I decided to stick with an episode or two a day while watching other stuff and eventually this worked out for me and I got to the good stuff. I would say try to enjoy the characters and their interactions for then early episodes and focus less on the comedy, it's either hit or miss, and then by a certain point the comedy just clicks.

But, again, if you can't really wait then it's understandable.

ibyea

Banned
I can understand. At first when I started watching Gintama I wasn't really getting the laughs I wanted so I decided to stick with an episode or two a day while watching other stuff and eventually this worked out for me and I got to the good stuff. I would say try to enjoy the characters and their interactions for then early episodes and focus less on the comedy, it's either hit or miss, and then by a certain point the comedy just clicks.

But, again, if you can't really wait then it's understandable.

Maybe I will try in summer. I just don't have the time to invest on a 300 episodes long show. My classes are difficult and I have grad school application due. I also have quiet a back log I want to catch up on.

Jaxec

Maybe I will try in summer. I just don't have the time to invest on a 300 episodes long show. My classes are difficult and I have grad school application due. I also have quiet a back log I want to catch up on.

Yeah I'd recommend that since it's better for you. Do you first and focus on what you can.

Certain shows are just impossible to watch on certain schedules. Hell, I have trouble just keeping up with some shows from the new season. 50+ episode shows are an impossibility for me right now.

Jintor

YuruYuri s3 02

Maybe it's just the australian in me but being scared of a spider that isn't bigger than your hand seems outlandish. calling your friends to get rid of it for you is utterly ridiculous.

A+ grade tsundere vs tsundere yuri in the middle segment (also tsundere vs idiot yuri. i guess kyoko has resigned herself to crushing on a moron)

akarin's sis is fucking creepy

Chindogg

3 episodes in, Bakemonogatari is amazing. However the dialogue is just so incredibly dense it's hard to watch more than an episode without needing a break.

Qurupeke

3 episodes in, Bakemonogatari is amazing. However the dialogue is just so incredibly dense it's hard to watch more than an episode without needing a break.

Welcome to the greatness. I had the same problem as you but I got used to it and then I started watching a lot more episodes.

Didn't like the pedo/incest imagery in the later Monogatari's so I dropped it. Shame as well since I really enjoyed some of the dialogue and puns.

Qurupeke

I hesitate to suggest this anime to friends because of this. It has become one of my favourite series but some things are really hard to explain... If you manage to finish Nisemonogatari, incest/lolis become less prominent. There's that Tsukihi bath scene in Tsukimonogatari, but other than that there's not something too weird. Monogatari's second season is the best thing I've watched and it doesn't rely to that kind of fanservice.

Cornbread78

So, it's the story with Kanbaru before Tsubasa Tiger? I had no idea. Looks like it will have quite the action and Ougi, of course, will be there. I can't wait!

Damn, I was hoping Shinobu Mail was about Shinobu, lol.

Kanbaru story could be interesting. Same timeline, correct?

Didn't like the pedo/incest imagery in the later Monogatari's so I dropped it. Shame as well since I really enjoyed some of the dialogue and puns.

Making it through those bits may however just be worth it to see Owarimonogatari. While the series has always been strong on dialogue, this one stands out even then. As of the first 4 episodes at least (I'm saving up the rest for binge watching later) there also wasn't any loli crap at all and there was very little sexualization overall.

If nothing else, you can just watch Owarimonogatari on its own, not like you'll really be lacking vital information with how this series is structured.

Qurupeke

Damn, I was hoping Shinobu Mail was about Shinobu, lol.

Kanbaru story could be interesting. Same timeline, correct?

Yeah, it happens after the whole Mayoi thing and during the Tsubasa Tiger arc. Iirc, Gaen wanted Kanbaru and Koyomi for a certain job. I think Gaen's name is also mentioned in the PV.

Jintor

wrapped what episodes of galak-z are currently available and got a powerful hankering to flick through space battleship yamato 2199 for a bit

Once again back from another hiatus. Finished watching some series' I started on earlier this year, in the past week or two. I still have a few more to catch up on as well. Anyway, here's my super quick and stupid simple impressions/thoughts.

Old and busted:

GATE

Really awesome series! I enjoyed every single episode. Can't wait for the second season.

Ore Monogatari

I really loved this series. Such a feel good show, with barely any drama at all until the end, and even that was kept to an extreme minimum. I hope there's another season.

School-Live!

Amazing series. Enjoyed every bit of it. Maaan, those last two episodes were quite feelsy. I'm glad things ended on a positive note. I hope there's a second season that fleshes out more of the story bits.

New hotness:

One-Punch Man 1-6

Really f'n amazing! The animation is so good. I really like the music as well. I stopped reading the manga around where the anime currently is, so I need to pick it back up. And speaking of the manga, I swear some scenes are "animated" better there than in the anime.

I watched this for the first time some months ago. It's a really amazing anime. I've still gotta watch all the other seasons, plus the new one.

Edit: Lawd I use the word 'amazing' far too much.

Mendrox

First 24 episodes of Gintama are nothing special. Episode 25 changes everything forever and you will laugh your ass off. I hope it was 25 or it was 26? First two episodes of Gintama are really bad and should never be watched...

Phatmac

First 24 episodes of Gintama are nothing special. Episode 25 changes everything forever and you will laugh your ass off. I hope it was 25 or it was 26? First two episodes of Gintama are really bad and should never be watched...
I haven't seen them in a while but the early ones have a good ghost episode. This is true though.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) is one of the best anime ever.

You should all watch it.

If you already watched it, watch it again.

Unfortunately the writer is Togashi who is not a masterful writer and thus it cant be best anime ever. Several arcs are very problematic in terms of forcing the main character to get all the credit and powering down purposefully and illogically the most emotional human and best character in the universe. It is an example of how Not to write an anime. Still Heavens Arena is one of the best arcs animated and he has some great ideas at times.

Mendrox

Unfortunately the writer is Togashi who is not a masterful writer and thus it cant be best anime ever. Several arcs are very problematic in terms of forcing the main character to get all the credit and powering down purposefully and illogically the most emotional human and best character in the universe. It is an example of how Not to write an anime. Still Heavens Arena is one of the best arcs animated and he has some great ideas at times.

What? You are joking right? I am not sure if you are serious about this, but in my opinion Togashi is a very good writer and there was only one time where I wasn't agreeing with his story decision (Gons "power up") but in hindsight it was handled very well for his type of character. York Shin Arc is such a beautiful masterpiece...

Cornbread78

It's all AnimeGAF ever talks about in length every single day. Autumn must be slow.

more people need to watch random $hit anime to keep themselves enteratained during the week. It's not our fault the simulcast schedule is pretty much limited to Fri-Sun this year....

True, but it's like wadding through once of those clearance/discount bins at a resale shop or wal-mart, you never know what kind of treasures you will find. Especially if they are short 12/3 episode series..

Yeah but don`t you think you deserve better than that bargain bin?

I mean, if you're looking for short bursts of entertainment, there's much more interesting things out there than harem ecchi show 345!

Tuck

11 episodes into Haikyuu!! Really enjoying it. Some nice character development from all sides, despite the large cast. Solid animation all around.

Hinata is a little much. He reminds me of Spongebob. He's just... a little kid. A very loud little kid. I could do without his yelling and shrill gasps of excitement. I do like the guy, but I wish they'd tone it down a bit.

Actually, that goes for some of the more serious moments too. Things feel at times a bit hamfisted and overly serious.

Last issue that bugs me is the characters' tendencies to get super bogged down by politeness to their superiors. You hear a lot of "Senpai" and "Sumimasen!" get thrown around, and its grating. A lot of time is spend on characters appologizing to eachother for overstepping their bounds (Even if what they did/said was not at all unreasonable). I guess that just comes with the japanese-high-school territory, maybe its just cultural differences that make it seem so odd and annoying to me.

Anyways, really liking the show. Plowing through it at a quick pace, so I should be done in a few days, maybe a week.

Cornbread78

Yeah but don`t you think you deserve better than that bargain bin?

I mean, if you're looking for short bursts of entertainment, there's much more interesting things out there than harem ecchi show 345!

What I've found out about myself after watching anime for the past year is that I really do have an "off" sense of humor. Where some people demand perfection and really refined comedy, I can appreciate the sophmoric and jouvanile humor that is often included in an average to lame storied anime. Yes, it doesn't make much sense, but I watch anime for the entertainment and I haven't become jaded or completely dismissive of a lot of differnt animes yet. If I get to that point where I can only watch perfect or near perfect anime to be entertained, I'll probably just stop watching it altogether. There's not enough time in life to hate or dismiss everything I watch, lol. I'll just call it garbage and hopefully, be entertained. Sometimes you get surprised like with Noble Masters, other times, your happy your not paying complete attention to it, like with Walkure Romanze. (That was pretty bad)

Either way, I get your point about time management, but don;t mind experiences, good , bad or indiffernent (most anime falls in the indifferent catagory btw) Just entertain me is all I ask, lol.

yeah that shit sucks and nearly ruins the entire series, let alone certain characters and scenes

It's all AnimeGAF ever talks about in length every single day. Autumn must be slow.

almost like Owari is the best show this season or something

well that or OPM

phaze

Euphonium 05
013176e1atg.jpg
I know that animating this marching contest must have been a pain in the ass but still, the complete skipping over the other schools' efforts and the shortness of Kitauji's march coupled with obnoxious cutting to spectators and the abrupt finish of the episode, made this ending really underwhelming.

Some of these blurred backgrounds really look like photoshopped real photos to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom