• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
more people need to watch random $hit anime to keep themselves enteratained during the week. It's not our fault the simulcast schedule is pretty much limited to Fri-Sun this year....

I'm kinda glad that the weekdays are as barren as they are. I can actually do my school work and if I have time I can sneak in a gaming session. I'm knee deep into Kara no Shoujo 2 as well
(thanks Basileus777 for the spoiler-free choice guide, it's coming real clutch)
and I read the VN for about 2 or so hours before bed.

Just to give you an idea, yesterday I worked on the front-end for an Android App assignment from 1:30PM until 2:00AM, with a few breaks in between, one of which to watch Sakurako-san. Had this been a Saturday, I would have either not watched anything, or not have done as much as I did yesterday.

Prievew for the MHA anime seems to be coming on Monday

Pretty stoked for this. Hoping for another "Soma hit" out of this adaptation.

Recently watched Date A Live on Hulu,
any word on a 3rd season?

Season 3 probably won't happen, but we are getting a movie.

post-39018-Theoden-so-it-begins-gif-Imgur-YB8r.gif

My wallet will hold.

Cornbread78

There are too many good anime to watch random trash.

Then again, that leads to the age old arguement of "you're favorite anime is $hit"

while there are obvious anime series that are better than others, it's really a subjective opinion to what is really trash and what's not.

Man I'm really hoping that The Perfect Insider goes back to form today. The show had been excellent for me up until last week. Let's get those puzzle pieces moving. I don't think last week's episode was important at all in the bigger scale of things, but I could be wrong. Aside from the last scene in which we see
Magata give that knife to her uncle
and a few more clues about the mysterious doll, everything else was just a big ball of nothing. Plus that moment in which they were eating cookies and talking like there wasn't a murderer in the building kinda broke the tension that the show had built so well up to that point.

Ascheroth

Fafner Exodus - 05

The third generation pilots are all beasts. That battle was ridiculously good.
The interview part was fun... until Emerys section, which was really sad.
The expedition is starting and I hope it turns out well, but I can't help but think it will just go insanely wrong.

jbug617

Banned
*Look on the site*

Nothing really catch me as of now and those that catch me, I already own. What is your opinion of WAGNARIA!! as they have a bundle pack on sale. No clue of it except of GIF I see here or online.

I like it. It's a work place comedy. If I remember correctly don't expect anything different from Season 1 and 2. Season 3 is where the characters take a jump and move forward.

Szadek

Then again, that leads to the age old arguement of "you're favorite anime is $hit"

while there are obvious anime series that are better than others, it's really a subjective opinion to what is really trash and what's not.
Then you stop watching that anime and move on to the next.

Ascheroth

Fafner Exodus - 06

Not-Tsubaki woke up and she is quite different from Tsubaki. I can't quite tell yet if her personality is a front, since there was that one scene where she really seemed like Tsubaki, or if it's real.
The Sangrinar region or however you spell it reminds of a cult somehow, I'm not sure if I trust them.
That Gregoy-type kid was straight out of a horror show, with how creepy it was. Those eyes, man.... Those eyes.
And of course that stupid old hag from the Neo UN is going to send everything to shit again. Fucking hell.

So there are 6 Azazel-types? Looking forward to seeing them all in action.
Kazuki is back in action! And even Soushi this time!
On the one hand I'm excited because Mark Sein and Nicht are awesome. On the other hand.... Noooooooooo Kazuki and Soushi, don't do it :(

JulianImp

I'd probably get Humanity has Declined if only ordering physical stuff online was easier in my region. Or if I had a BD player to warrant getting the BD version that'd work in my region rather than the DVD one, that wouldn't.

Gotta save my alloted US$25 taxless import allowance per year for something really worth it, like a Kaiki figure
that'll never come

Dance With Devils Episode 6

Called it with Azuna, too bad she was weak, or rather, too bad my best boy was stronger one so far. Glad this fallen angel got to do way more than everyone before him did and he ACTUALLY got information out of her

Good song.

Fafner Exodus - 05

The third generation pilots are all beasts. That battle was ridiculously good.
The interview part was fun... until Emerys section, which was really sad.
The expedition is starting and I hope it turns out well, but I can't help but think it will just go insanely wrong.

That after-credits scene with Kazuki writing his charm was particularly kind of sad. Not as stoic about his condition as he seems to let off.

John Blade

I'd probably get Humanity has Declined if only ordering physical stuff online was easier in my region. Or if I had a BD player to warrant getting the BD version that'd work in my region rather than the DVD one, that wouldn't.

Gotta save my alloted US$25 taxless import allowance per year for something really worth it, like a Kaiki figure
that'll never come

That show is actually good to watch even though some episode is a bit weak when comparing other episode in the show. For region issue, get a region free BD player if you want to watch show from another country.

e_i

Aria the Scarlet Ammo episodes 1-6

8fdd8aI.jpg

And we got a whole assortment. A fangirl, yandere, sweetly evil, sweetly evil loli and her harem, and a tsundere.

What? You are joking right? I am not sure if you are serious about this, but in my opinion Togashi is a very good writer and there was only one time where I wasn't agreeing with his story decision (Gons "power up") but in hindsight it was handled very well for his type of character. York Shin Arc is such a beautiful masterpiece...

Chimera Ant Arc shows how bad of a writer he is
how you power up killua to epic God levels, but then make him run away, screw you Togashi

JulianImp

That show is actually good to watch even though some episode is a bit weak when comparing other episode in the show. For region issue, get a region free BD player if you want to watch show from another country.

I was talking about DVDs, since the're a lot more region divisions for them and that makes watching imported discs that much harder. With BDs, I could watch discs from Japan and USA on a latin BD player since they all belong to the same region...
too bad I don't even own a BD player.

Ascheroth

Perfect Insider - 06

And dropped. Looks like just going on Youtube and listening to the opening and ending every Thursday is the better choice.

While the mystery actually interests me, I can't get over the fact how much the show seems to require me to suspend my disbelief.
Like, Nishinosono told the other university guys what happened in the lab and how there's basically a murderer around and no one even bats an eye.
THEY FUCKING HAD A PARTY WITH FIREWORKS IN THE NIGHT.
While I wouldn't want everyone to freak out and panic for an episode, why can't there just be at least one character who gets scared a bit or suggests getting away as fast as possible? Just someone acknowledging and acting like it's dangerous?
This bothers me so damn much that every single scene that is not explicitely talking about the mystery is legit painful to watch.

Perfect Insider - 06

And dropped. Looks like just going on Youtube and listening to the opening and ending every Thursday is the better choice.

While the mystery actually interests me, I can't get over the fact how much the show seems to require me to suspend my disbelief.
Like, Nishinosono told the other university guys what happened in the lab and how there's basically a murderer around and no one even bats an eye.
THEY FUCKING HAD A PARTY WITH FIREWORKS IN THE NIGHT.
While I wouldn't want everyone to freak out and panic for an episode, why can't there just be at least one character who gets scared a bit or suggests getting away as fast as possible? Just someone acknowledging and acting like it's dangerous?
This bothers me so damn much that every single scene that is not explicitely talking about the mystery is legit painful to watch.

FUCK. And here I was hoping the last episode was just a derail. Ugh, guess I'll watch later tonight and post my impressions.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The Perfect Insider Episode 6:

Been awhile since I have done a review since life has been busy, not even enough time to get to Sailor Moon this week. Unfortunately getting back in the saddle starts with this hot mess of a show. I would drop it if I had not watch this much and I do need closure on the mystery, which is a good mystery in spite of the fact they keep giving insight that the characters do not have which feels like cheating. Also, they need to stop trying to make Nishinosono and Sensei a thing because every fucking moment they share together has all the chemistry of a noble gas.

Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon Episode 6 – Even Bunnies Have Fangs

Every kusanagi style is epic. Its my favorite part of this series and probably what makes me a fan of it. The scene when he did it to scare the boy was the best.

Cornbread78

Soma ep. 11-12:
OK, these were some pretty damn good episodes. The cook-off was pretty intense and under tough conditions with Soma being the back-up only to Megumi. At least she stood up and did it with his prodding. Some real feel and empotion mixed in there as well. Anyhow, so when are they going to start shipping Soma and Megumi? There is no way they will ship Erina, right?

Soma ep. 11-12:
OK, these were some pretty damn good episodes. The cook-off was pretty intense and under tough conditions with Soma being the back-up only to Megumi. At least she stood up and did it with his prodding. Some real feel and empotion mixed in there as well. Anyhow, so when are they going to start shipping Soma and Megumi? There is no way they will ship Erina, right?

In my heart there is only one ship. That's all that matters.

Also you just reached the halfway point. Things are going to get real good from now on.The show just keeps getting better and better as you progress

Ascheroth

Fafner Exodus - 07

Oh my god this was amazing on every possible level.
First what happened to Yumiko
I'm assuming she's dead for good and it's just a Festum/part of Mir imitating her because Miwa wished it
:(.
Then there's that freaking amazing battle and it's not looking good and
Seri dies
and everything goes to hell and then powerup and Mark Nicht and Mark Sein activate and everyone is
alive again and suddenly Kazuki
and the opening kicks in while everyone starts kicking ass and GOD DAMMIT THIS WAS GREAT!

Szadek

Clannad After Story Ep 13-14
It's a good thing that the anime told me that they are having sex, otherwise I would have assumed that Nagisa got pregnant by handholding.
Anyway,this got pretty serious really quickly.
Something terrible is about to happen, isn't it?

The Games of Thrones of our generation.

With less incest, somehow

Chimera Ant Arc shows how bad of a writer he is
how you power up killua to epic God levels, but then make him run away, screw you Togashi

You prove my point about the narrative blue balls!

Looking forward to this. Kanbaru isn't my favourite character, but god if her interactions with Araragi aren't amazingly hilarious.

I think this is what they were doing during Tiger.

Cornbread78

Looking forward to this. Kanbaru isn't my favourite character, but god if her interactions with Araragi aren't amazingly hilarious.

For some reason that
rape scene (Kanbaru sexually abusing Araragi)
stands out as hilarious.... poor araragi was asking for it... Don't resist senpai....

In my heart there is only one ship. That's all that matters.
Also you just reached the halfway point. Things are going to get real good from now on.The show just keeps getting better and better as you progress

I have a feeling they are going to ship 1 of those two and it will be the wrong chick, lol. Oh well, Tsun Tsun chick will win like usual, I hate that trend...

Cornbread78

Clannad After Story Ep 13-14
It's a good thing that the anime told me that they are having sex, otherwise I would have assumed that Nagisa got pregnant by handholding.
Anyway,this got pretty serious really quickly.
Something terrible is about to happen, isn't it?

That scene was both hilarious and amazing at the same time.

and yeah, you are entering the point of no return. Marathon the rest if you can.... If not, well, I can't say anything else. It's amazing.

Fafner Exodus - 07

Oh my god this was amazing on every possible level.
First what happened to Yumiko
I'm assuming she's dead for good and it's just a Festum/part of Mir imitating her because Miwa wished it
:(.
Then there's that freaking amazing battle and it's not looking good and
Seri dies
and everything goes to hell and then powerup and Mark Nicht and Mark Sein activate and everyone is
alive again and suddenly Kazuki
and the opening kicks in while everyone starts kicking ass and GOD DAMMIT THIS WAS GREAT!

Things only get even more amazing from there. It's great.

Line_HTX

Soma ep. 11-12:

You can't stop this train! OH-HOHOHOHO~

I actually have no idea what they will do from here on out. Gotta wait for the 2nd season, I suppose.

For some reason that
rape scene (Kanbaru sexually abusing Araragi)
stands out as hilarious.... poor araragi was asking for it... Don't resist senpai....

I have a feeling they are going to ship 1 of those two and it will be the wrong chick, lol. Oh well, Tsun Tsun chick will win like usual, I hate that trend...

Lol, that Kanbaru, turning the tables, hahaha

Normally I would agree with you and hate that trend too, as other shows have tsunderes that I despise. Erina is an exception though. ;D

Ascheroth

Things only get even more amazing from there. It's great.

I can't imagine how much better this could get at this point, but I'm looking forward to it!

Fafner Exodus - 08

I thought their would be a big boss battle this episode according to last episodes end, but it was a fake-out after all, lol.
Not-Tsubaki is now officially Orihime and Kazuki and Soushi just boarded two rockets with their mechs to catch up to the expedition force. On whose side things aren't quite as smooth. Seems like there's a traitor who sold them out to the Festum and now there's a huge battle in the region. My guess would be that creepy Gregory-type ghost kid, because those eyes just scream evil and he appeared in front of Miwas room last episode.
Next episode will be crazy!

Cornbread78

Well to me it always seemed liked they were pushing Soma/Erina right from the start. And first girl is really a pretty common setup.

I'll call it a bait & switch with Megumi being shown as the best girl and developing her as a suitor, bit we know damn well it's Erina that's going to be shipped. I almost don't want any ships, but you knew it was going to happen from ep.1 when daddy said the secret of being a good cook was "loving a woman" or something like that..

Yu Yu Hakusho - 38

Another entertaining fight, the defensive approach was interesting, along with relying on wit to overcome the challenge. I liked the pairing of this fight, it was honorable and there was a sense of respect between the opponents fighting, much like Yuu VS Chu.
To my liking there was also some split second frame shots, which hasn't been featured as much lately:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom