• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

200_s.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This year is the best year of announcements across all mediums.

The Perfect Insider 06

Guys I kinda feel bad because I didn't think this was a bad episode lol. I enjoyed it, specially compared to last week. We also got the investigations going forward and a flashback that showed us
Magata and her uncle killing the parents.

Maybe I really do have shitty taste since it's 2 negative reviews (1 dropped the show even) vs mine.

1.gif

WELP.

Quasar

Why not though? I'm pretty sure they know how loved the series is.

Well there's still a lack of content, and really its not like they went back to FMP no matter how much people cried.

And given the low margins it makes sense to go with stuff they own rather than paying to license some other content.

umaruuuuuuuuuuuu

Reminds me...

Umaru END

Garfield the anime. I don't know if I ever liked Umaru as a character but rather I got used to her shenanigans and went with it. Reference humour was done well such as the topical CQC bit. There was a reference to a certain series Firehawk compared Umaru to but that was more of a "this is a thing" reference rather than a comical one. What made it funny was reading the comparison earlier in the anime thread.

It's a fun series where most of the comedy comes from the character interaction and Umaru's split personalities. VA did a good job giving each of them a distinct voice. Animation wise there wasn't much noteworthy that is mostly talking heads. It's a series that tells its jokes mostly through dialogue rather than visually.

I would would watch a second season though I don't know if there is enough material to adapt one. Since AOTY was a topic not long ago this would probably be somewhere on the list.

Soma ep 3-7

Well damn, this show is a ton of fun to watch. Erina is a douche, I see what you guys mean now. Megumi is awesome, definately the waifu material as you all said. The other characters in the dorm are all interesting, but haven't fully been introduced yet. Hopefully more on miss twin tails comes up, she seams interesting. As an MC Soma is pretty damn good with just the right kinda swag without bieng a pompous a$$. The "foodgasm" phrase os sooo fitting for this show, lol.

Swag? I think the manga does that better...some of those soma faces have such high levels of seductiveness. And the SoTaku outfits he gives occassionally on cover pages.

Prince of Smoke best polaris.

The Perfect Insider 06

Guys I kinda feel bad because I didn't think this was a bad episode lol. I enjoyed it, specially compared to last week.

Maybe I really do have shitty taste since it's 2 negative reviews (1 dropped the show even) vs mine.

WELP.

If you have reasons for liking it, then stick to your guns unless some rational argument convinces you otherwise. Quality isn't determined by a majority vote.

Last I saw, I think it was they've positioned themselves to work on their own IPs

While KyoAni has certainly focused on promoting their own IPs since Hyouka, they've shown that they're still willing to work on other companies' IPs if the material interests them between Sound Euphonium and A Silent Voice.

Well there's still a lack of content, and really its not like they went back to FMP no matter how much people cried.

And given the low margins it makes sense to go with stuff they own rather than paying to license some other content.

Neither Full Metal Panic nor Hyouka are owned by KyoAni; they are both owned by Kadokawa. Ultimately it is up to Kadokawa to decide whether or not to fund new anime adaptations for those series. I wish people would stop whining to KyoAni about things that are outside their control.

Jarmel

Banned
Neither Full Metal Panic nor Hyouka are owned by KyoAni; they are both owned by Kadokawa. Ultimately it is up to Kadokawa to decide whether or not to fund new anime adaptations for those series. I wish people would stop whining to KyoAni about things that are outside their control.

Well in FMP's case I imagine that it was less about Kadokawa and more about KyoAni. That's an exception though.

Cornbread78

Soma ep.13-16
Ok, I'm really confused here. It's not possible that Soma's old man is
Erina's father/uncle also?
What is that picture of him she has? This is a very interesting twist. How am I liking a cooking show so much dammit. Even with the above being said, there is too much tsundere from Erina, but Soma continues to be a good character.

javac

No Ping Pong today since I have course work for tomorrow afternoon that in typical fashion I'm doing at the last min, sad day but hopefully that leaves the weekend open for some goodness. I'm not good at Ping Pong itself but I might play some at Uni when I get the chance :)

Cornbread78

So, I just got rear ended on the way home from work by some punk. Fucker trashed the family minivan, wtf.. my next summery post will have a negative tone, I can already feel it.. fucking pissed. Stupid douche, how do you rear end someone at a red light? I was almost home too... Wtf asshole.

/rant.

Jaxec

So, I just got rear ended on the way home from work by some punk. Fucker trashed the family minivan, wtf.. my next summery post will have a negative tone, I can already feel it.. fucking pissed. Stupid douche, how do you rear end someone at a red light? I was almost home too... Wtf asshole.

/rant.

Sounds like a douche. I've dealt with assholes like that more times than I would have liked. Are you okay? Rant away, get it all off your chest.

Cornbread78

The Hill Dyed Rose Madder(Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka) ep. 4-6
Well a little bit better in the comedy area for this one. It is unique to have several tsundere chicks all part of a little harem and I must say this harem is messed up. I mean it's got your normal otaku fare, but only 1 girl is openly (well, minus the tsundere act) interested. The others all tease the MC more than anything but are all friends? I don't know, it's just weird... Oh well, it's not good at all so far, so...

Gundam Thunderbolt Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZME_HbF0VI
Key Visual on official website from several days ago:

I'm hyped for any UC Gundam with 2D suits but I heard from somewhere that the original manga is bad? Has anyone read it?
Also dat jazz and dat Spike-looking main character.

Dat sudden sax screech.

Haven't heard about the quality of the source material. I think some people were excited when this adaptation was announced, but I dunno.

/rant.

Dang, sorry to hear that Cornbread. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom