• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

Its true.....we just finished the longest filler season, had a couple of weeks of canon before going into what looks like an even longer filler season. The worst thing is the amount of bullshit is in this filler. It doesn't make any sense, I'm convinced the studio is on crack. How is this even allowed to happen? I don't know but I'm placing them below shit tier.......SP is now Koei Tier.

i was thinking to catch up

is there a list for non filler episodes ?

i already finished the manga

Its true.....we just finished the longest filler season, had a couple of weeks of canon before going into what looks like an even longer filler season. The worst thing is the amount of bullshit is in this filler. It doesn't make any sense, I'm convinced the studio is on crack. How is this even allowed to happen? I don't know but I'm placing them below shit tier.......SP is now Koei Tier.

It does make sense. Everyone wondered how naruto would be if his ma survived and itachi wasnt out to destroy his clan

e_i

Lance & Lolis episode 7

Why the fuck am I still watching this? Now we get a body building obasan who
wants to jump Yotaro's bones?
Really? WTF is this show about? Who are the bad guys? Why are they after the loli? Why? Why? Why?

phaze

CSzEAybU8AAXgmZ.jpg

wah ,, the last episode i saw from naruto is the start of the war

really only 10 episodes non filler in 2015 ?

The funny if thing is that even in those there was plenty of filler and padding.

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=501381

Watch these: 246-253, 290-295, 322, 329, 342-243, 345, 375 and don't bother with the rest.

Honestly I would wait. Filler will continue till February possibly so its better to watch it one go and have canon to look forward to.

It does make sense. Everyone wondered how naruto would be if his ma survived and itachi wasnt out to destroy his clan

Have you forgotten that this is meant to be Tsunade's dream?
She even had a dream in canon where she was with Dan, Jiraiya and Naruto and it was kind of touching but instead we get this. Weird characterisation, Tobi has byakugan, Sasuke and Sakura as genin facing against Sasori etc its just nonsense :/
Lets also forget TenTen dreaming about a the RtN cast whilst also being aware of being under a genjutsu.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Subete ga f ni naru latest
Okay, now we finally got some clue on what's going on with Magata Shiki past.l, and out S&M team finally decide to investigate this case. I'm still sticking out to this show because i want to know how its going to end, and see if my hyphotesis is correct.

Osomatsu-san 6
Should have gone full japan world cup
I still enjoy the dirty jikes and everything.

pbayne

Euphonium 07-08

I like this show better when it's more focused on interpersonal drama, be it various tensions within the band or just plain and as such, I liked these two last episodes more than what came before.

Also ...
__not__
yuri.

Yeah I was thinking of my top ten for the year and I remembered how...unremarkable Hibike's first few episodes were. It does get a lot better though.

Also your yuri googles seem to be
functioning

Ascheroth

Ushio to Tora - 20

kybOQ8R.jpg

This is me right now

Tragedy doesn't even begin to describe this. This episode was just brutally powerful and sad.
Everything comes together. The Beast Spear, Jie Mei, her brother, Ushios mother, the seal on Hakumen no Mono, everything.
And Hakumen no Mono continues to be utterly insane. That thing would sink Japan if it simply were to move.

For some reason I never think of this show when I'm thinking of my AOTY. Probably because I subconciously associate it with the 90ies.
But it absolutely deserves a high spot there!

Euphonium 07-08

Also ...
__not__
yuri.

Not even the nasal bridge slide?

I mean I do like their relationship and wouldn't consider it being pushed into the yuri direction if it weren't for strange moments like those, especially when they're among the most intricately animated bits of the show.

And yeh, since the characterization is strong, the interaction between these people can be quite fun to follow.

edit:

In other news:

I just finished the SC2: LotV campaign and...Jesus rofling Christ it just kept getting more and more ludicrous. Again and again I had to perform single and double facepalms, laughed out loud and was shaken in my belief. Well, also half of the time I spend following the most unnatural sounding dialogue about uninteresting subject matters because I decided not to skip anything, especially not since there are achievements for listening to everything I think.

Wings of Liberty was badly written, HotS even worse and LotV has got to have reached some kind of trash LN tier.

Chris Metzen - the fuck is wrong with you.

Cornbread78

Clannad After Story Ep 22
You know, I thought that the anime would go in this direction, so I was right about that.
However, I also thought that I wouldn't like,but I was very wrong.
It was just too good. I can't possible mad at that ending.

Now that the main story is over I will slow down a bit with the last 2 episodes.

The last two stories are cute, but not needed. You experienced what you needed to of Clannad. The ending was amazing regardless. It was written and presented in such a great way by tying in the story and events from throughout the anime. That song that s played during that ending Palm of a Tiny hand hits perfectly right there by mixing Nagisa's theme with everything else.... Beautiful...

So how many tears were shed? Man up here...

Ascheroth

Heavy Object - 07

Continues to be dumb fun. Hilarious how they broadcasted that on the army line.

Kagewani - 07

Continues to be incredibly tense.

Ushio to Tora - 20

The reason of Hakumen no Mono's seal, I think was quite clever. I'm no geologist though.
I kept getting bothered with by what I consider time paradox, but for the sake of the backstory exposition I can overlook it I guess.

Soundtrack was on point and timed well. My favorite part of the episode was the forging scene packed with emotions.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh, so would you look at that. Well let me guess, he's going to listen to this guy just because he's president even though I've been saying the same thing all year to no avail. Typical.

c5KgTmi.jpg

Ascheroth

Things only get even more amazing from there. It's great.

I can't imagine how much better this could get at this point, but I'm looking forward to it!

And it only took one more episode.

Fafner Exodus - 09

How can this be so good. How.
I don't even know how to comment on this since the battles in this show and the tension and the visuals and, well, everything just keep blowing me away.
Well, there's one thing: The Festum are like Pokemon at this point, with how many new types seem to show up every new episode (this is a good thing). And since Kazuki and Soushi are on duty now... gotta assimilate 'em all!
I approve!

Garo - The Crimson Moon - 06

Super disappointing "fight". Over with one swing. I was having some hope for a cool fight with the draconic design, but no. It breaks my heart. Bad looking faces doesn't seem to stop either.
The eccentric behaivour of Seimei, a long with a bit of curiosity on my part, on what will become of Yasusuke, stands out for me in an otherwise dull episode. Which there unfortunately has been too many of in this show so far.

And it only took one more episode.

Fafner Exodus - 09

How can this be so good. How.
I don't even know how to comment on this since the battles in this show and the tension and the visuals and, well, everything just keep blowing me away.
Well, there's one thing: The Festum are like Pokemon at this point, with how many new types seem to show up every new episode (this is a good thing). And since Kazuki and Soushi are on duty now... gotta assimilate 'em all!
I approve!

So Exodus is actually good? Watched 5 episodes of original Fafner back in a day but put it on hold as it wasn't that interesting and I had something else to do and forgot it completely.

Garo - The Crimson Moon - 06

Super disappointing "fight". Over with one swing. I was having some hope for a cool fight with the draconic design, but no. It breaks my heart. Bad looking faces doesn't seem to stop either.
The eccentric behaivour of Seimei, a long with a bit of curiosity on my part, on what will become of Yasusuke, stands out for me in an otherwise dull episode. Which there unfortunately has been too many of in this show so far.

First Garo was so good =(.

Ascheroth

So Exodus is actually good? Watched 5 episodes of original Fafner back in a day but put it on hold as it wasn't that interesting and I had something else to do and forgot it completely.

First Garo was so good =(.

Heh, I was pretty much the same as you. I think I watched 6 episodes of the original then took a break. After some time I slowly continued my way through it. At least until I hit episode 12 (which is when the writer changes) and it instantly became a lot more interesting and better. And it just keeps getting better and better from there on, throughout the TV series, the OVA, the movie and now Exodus.
I regret nothing.
The first 11 episodes of original Fafner are quite slow and overly vague compared to the rest of it.

pbayne

Noragami S2 Episode 7

Good episode. Cute ending.

Dear god...it even has a watermark on it...

Perfect Insider 6

Slightly better, at least they started trying to solve the mystery.

But there are still thinks that wreck my head about this show. Why would the lab let Sensei and Nishino leave? Surely they'd keep them as witnesses. Also it turned a bit Scobby-doo giving them free reign of the lab since they said they could solve the mystery. Why would you believe those two bums could solve anything, why would they trust them at all?

Calling it now the killer is
Yamane(the dude with glasses who keeps helping them). Literally he is the only other guy who has done anything in the plot and he keeps helping the MCs, so by careful deduction he's the killer.

Qurupeke

Noragami Aragoto 7

Great episode, it feels so nice to finally not watch any of that Veena crap that we recently had. Some pretty funny moments and Ebisu appears. He's pretty cool, I like him.

Also, Nora>Yukine.

JulianImp

Non Non Biyori s1 4

I decided to try and watch this without subtitles since NNB is pretty easy to follow regardless and I wanted to test myself. I'm doing okay I guess.

The little story with Renge and her summer holiday friend should have won an award for direction or something. The art is kind of all over the place visually for anything that isn't close-up animation but the direction, voice-acting, timing and music generally are god damn impeccable.

I watched this ep a short while ago, and I've got to agree that the mini-arc of Renge and her new friend was downright amazing to watch. Having slogged through Angel Beats lately, I found it crazy that NNB managed to invest me more in Renge and her one-shot friend's relationship than everything Maeda threw at me to try and make me care about his show's characters in a whole one-cour anime (and failed miserably at that, at least for me).

I'm currently at S1E12, and I've got to say it's been a really fun and heartwarming ride all the way through. Nee-nee, Natsumi and her sister sometimes feel weak with how one-dimensional they are (Nee-nee and Natsumi are always lazy bums, while Natsumi's sister keeps trying to act her age and always ends up embarassing herself), but Hotaru's okay when she isn't in sempai-loving mode, and Renge and Ms. Candy Store are downright amazing to watch. That episode with the flashback to how the latter took care of the former and got attached to her after that was really heartwarming, and the final scene with both of them sleeping in Renge's bed just like they used to was the icing on the cake. Almost everything they do together feels both natural and really heartwarming.

CSzEAybU8AAXgmZ.jpg

wah ,, the last episode i saw from naruto is the start of the war

really only 10 episodes non filler in 2015 ?

That's really bad... but at least it isn't Detective Conan, where even manga episodes barely budge the plot forward. The set-up to the next eventual black organization arc takes so long it's downright silly, and even when those eventually happen the plot doesn't do much, since the way the show has introduced lots of new side characters means that they can just have the next BO include them, rather than actually help Shinichi get closer to his goal of getting his former appearance back.

Then there're episodes that deal with romance as plot development, but they always lead to nothing unless they concern a tertiary character at best.

Impressions for this show are such a mixed bag. I'm one of the few that's been enjoying every episode (aside from 5, that one definitely sucked a bit). I'm just glad that there is a mystery show at all. Sakurako-san's mysteries are way too simple and pretty much episodic.

My cousin and I are still into the show even though things are a bit hard to swallow at times, such as when they said they should be on their guard because of there being a killer in their midst, but not after they were having a snack while nochalantly chatting inside the laboratory.

The one thing that kind of ticked me off last episode was that they realized that F meant fifteen, but nobody has done a reference to the hexadecimal F. The whole "Magata has lots of books that go up to volume 15!" scene, that was the most annoyingly obvious way to present the characters with such an epiphany. Ever since ep1 I thought the title could've meant fifteen in hexadecimal, mostly due to how much the ending shows computer-related imagery, and Magata's masterpiece appears to be a custom OS, even though I didn't think to link the fifteen year period Magata remained isolated was with the whole F thing until a while before the episode went along with their reveal.

The barebones theory I've come up with so far (if it can even be called that at this point)
is that the whole F thing might be related to an integer overflow that happened right the moment the lab's systems went haywire after running for too long. I was also thinking that Magata's uncle might've had the power and means to have the lab's staff doctor the security tapes and thus allow him to keep meeting her, but now that he's dead it seems unlikely that he could've gone inside the lab and killed Magata, and that's not even holding into account the fact that he supposedly arrived by helicopter some time later, and that the people who were in the building actually witnessed his arrival.

I've also got to say that the way the show panned through the tools and objects that were inside Magata's room, and how it had shown the teddy bear and sewing machine one after the other might be a hint to something important being inside the bear...

Ascheroth

I remember being completely blown away by how strong Sein and Nicht were without their limiters when I first saw that. But after all the shit both have been through in DA and H&E, it makes sense.

Yeah, that was such a jawdrop moment. And I also think that their power is justified.

Heh, I was pretty much the same as you. I think I watched 6 episodes of the original then took a break. After some time I slowly continued my way through it. At least until I hit episode 12 (which is when the writer changes) and it instantly became a lot more interesting and better. And it just keeps getting better and better from there on, throughout the TV series, the OVA, the movie and now Exodus.
I regret nothing.
The first 11 episodes of original Fafner are quite slow and overly vague compared to the rest of it.

Oh. Well then I will definitely pick up it again when I have time.

phaze

Not even the nasal bridge slide?

I mean I do like their relationship and wouldn't consider it being pushed into the yuri direction if it weren't for strange moments like those, especially when they're among the most intricately animated bits of the show.

And yeh, since the characterization is strong, the interaction between these people can be quite fun to follow.

I remember seeing that scene in gifs and thinking that yes, surely this is pandering but now that I saw it in context of neighbouring scenes or dialogue, I didn't get that impression anymore. I mean sure, it's a weird one but It helps that Reina is this eccentric weirdo and it's pretty much a singular scene of this kind. (so far)

Jaxec

Ushio to Tora 20

Another really good episode. These last couple of episodes have really made me enjIt the show even more. Hopefully it can continue on this path.

petran79

Banned
Ushio to Tora

For some reason I never think of this show when I'm thinking of my AOTY. Probably because I subconciously associate it with the 90ies.
But it absolutely deserves a high spot there!

Thanks for mentioning that show

Manga description has "Calvin and Hobbes on acid"
Instant read!

My Black Lagoon Premium Edition shipped from Amazon. I think it's the first time I've double dipped for a show that wasn't to replace a broken disc.

Ushio and Tora 20

The first half of this episode was fucking metal. Anyway, good episode. Lots of revelations and a good setup for the final fight which will somehow last another cour?

Noragami s2 07

I dunno I am not feeling this. The scene at the end with Yato's shrine was good but uh...other then that...I'm super close to dropping this?

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Started watching Hyouka after all the praise it's been getting here. Only about eight episodes in, but I really like the atmosphere, production values, and the way the characters play off of one another, especially Chitanda and Oreki. Very good show so far. =)

Also, gotta get back on track with Fafner. I'm about halfway through the original series, and it's been pretty good, but I really want to get caught up so that I can watch the new stuff.

Ascheroth

Started watching Hyouka after all the praise it's been getting here. Only about eight episodes in, but I really like the atmosphere, production values, and the way the characters play off of one another, especially Chitanda and Oreki. Very good show so far. =)

Also, gotta get back on track with Fafner. I'm about halfway through the original series, and it's been pretty good, but I really want to get caught up so that I can watch the new stuff.

As someone who also only recently worked his way through Fafner I can tell you this: the second half of the original series is even better and Exodus will blow your mind with how good it is.

Cornbread78

Soma ep. 17-19
tumblr_nvtf1oev1D1ri1zbno1_500.gif

I can;t stop laughing at this gif...

Awwe yeah, ep. 18 felt like a random escape from the series, at first, until the final few seconds when they introduced the Elite #9 turd. It's interesting how they choose to go with Ikumi and his childhood friend to help him with the restaurant. I get it's meat and all, but that was a crazy mix right there. Looks like $hit is about to get real going into the final 5 episodes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom