• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kagewani 07

Tremors_onesheet-1-500x728.jpg

FUCKIN GRABOIDS

Quasar

Impressions for this show are such a mixed bag. I'm one of the few that's been enjoying every episode (aside from 5, that one definitely sucked a bit). I'm just glad that there is a mystery show at all. Sakurako-san's mysteries are way too simple and pretty much episodic.

One curious thing is Makada proclaiming her innocence in the interview and then locks herself away and says words to the effect that its to protect others.

Noragami Aragoto 07

D'awwww that ending was so good. Good for you Yato!

One curious thing is Makada proclaiming her innocence in the interview and then locks herself away and says words to the effect that its to protect others.

Well SHE is innocent. But what about the
other two personalities right?
Think that is where the whole show is going with these last few episodes.

Ascheroth

Fafner Exodus - 10

Holy shit Mark Nicht. Did it just fire a freaking genkidama? :O
Then there was Festum cannibalism and Yumiko
is pretty much confirmed to be dead now. RIP.

I forgot to mention it last episode, the new vocal track was amazing. And the creepy horror kid is still popping up here and there, which can't mean anything good.
Soushis ending narration continues to be bleak and makes me feel like the death count will shoot through the roof soon.

It's mid November. I've watched almost nothing from this year. I need suggestions for building my AOTY list. So far the only things that would qualify are Shirobako and Yuriphonium (which I still haven't finished).

Hackadoll 07

Shirobako already at parody status?

This really is one of the better things Trigger has done. That's kind of sad.

Lupin 2015 07

Not as sad as this though. I've given this show so many chances but I finally feel ready to drop it.

It's just...not good. Perhaps once everyone has seen more of it I will go back and watch chance episodes but as it is, I am far more interested in watching the ancient Part 1 series.

It's mid November. I've watched almost nothing from this year. I need suggestions for building my AOTY list. So far the only things that would qualify are Shirobako and Yuriphonium (which I still haven't finished).

Aside from Shirobako and Euphonium -

Shokugeki no Soma
One Punch Man

Other then that a lot of the good stuff like Haikyuu, Gintama, JoJo, and Owari are all continuing from previous series and thus makes it hard for them to be recommended.

- Death Parade
- Your Lie in April
- Soma
- SNAFU2
- Haikyuu S2
- Gundam IBO
- Owarimonogatari
- OPM

These are mine, along with Euphonium. Since you say you didn't watch much this year chances are you didn't watch any of these lol.

phaze

Owari
OPM
Hackadoll 07

Lupin 2015 07

Not as sad as this though. I've given this show so many chances but I finally feel ready to drop it.

It's just...not good. Perhaps once everyone has seen more of it I will go back and watch chance episodes but as it is, I am far more interested in watching the ancient Part 1 series.

Forgot about this show completely after bad second ep. I guess I'll fulfil the 3 eps rule though your impressions are not very promising.

Narag

Establish yourself at the forefront of voters by voting those two then just 8 short anime.

Prison School and Shimoneta were both great to good.

Depends on your tastes.

Joe Molotov

1. Ant-Man
2. Daredevil
3. Agent Carter
4. Agents of SHIELD S2
5. Agents of SHIELD S3
6. Jessica Jones
7. Avengers 2: Age of Ultron
8. The Deadpool Trailer
9. Shirobako
10. Euphonium

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This year seems pretty bad. The only things I remember really liking was Soma and it was super close to the source material.

pbayne

Finished Escaflowne

What a heavy watch. What a brilliant show.

First the mecha design of Escaflowne is godly. Third best of all-time behind EVA and Big O.

For a show labeled a shoujo I think this may be the best anime about "the horrors of war" I've ever seen. Everything is designed to make you despise fighting in this. Now don't get me wrong the animation is glorious and id say they got my blood pumping just as much as anything from OPM for example but they are horrible to watch. Blood, sweat, tears fly off every pilot in their cramped suits and fights are never elegant or glorious they're quick and brutal. By episode 15 I didn't want to see any of characters fight any more. And its not Gundam where they'll talk and talk and talk about how terrible war is, the show just presents it as human nature which leads to an intensely sad final confrontation.

The love triangle in the show is handled quite well aside from one unnecessary misdirection towards the end.
I'll admit I was pulling for Allen but Van was the right choice
. In fact the whole cast is so well rounded, even side characters like Dryden or Millerna have really satisfying arcs and relationships. Probably the least offensive furry of all time as well in Merle. And the villains, Jesus I LOVE Dilandu. Im happy they don't show too much of his past because it's really disturbing if you stop to think about what his life was like. He is a great hateable, insanely deranged villain though.

Thank god I finally finished it though, I took like 7 shows at once and finished them all about the same time. Never again. Ill stick to marthoninng one show at a time for now on.

I want something light as a palette cleanser. A good romance probably: Any opinions on Say I love you(Ive read a bit of the manga so please tell me the rest is good) or ao haru ride?

Cornbread78

AOTY talk again huh...

- Your Lie in April
- SNAFU Too
- Owarimonogatari
- Plastic Memories
- Yona of the Dawn
- Ore Monogatari

Probably my top 5/6.. I might be forgetting something...

jgminto

I guess I should wrap up the shows I've been lax on this year. I think that's Mushishi, Bouei-bu, Shounen Hollywood S2 and Umaru for the stuff I actually started. Then there's probably a few hit shows I should watch as well.

Grexeno

I guess I should wrap up the shows I've been lax on this year. I think that's Mushishi, Bouei-bu, Shounen Hollywood S2 and Umaru for the stuff I actually started. Then there's probably a few hit shows I should watch as well.
I don't think Mushishi is this year.

Line_HTX

Soma ep. 17-19
tumblr_nvtf1oev1D1ri1zbno1_500.gif

I can;t stop laughing at this gif...

Awwe yeah, ep. 18 felt like a random escape from the series, at first, until the final few seconds when they introduced the Elite #9 turd. It's interesting how they choose to go with Ikumi and his childhood friend to help him with the restaurant. I get it's meat and all, but that was a crazy mix right there. Looks like $hit is about to get real going into the final 5 episodes....

Yep, it's a good breather in the middle since they were on summer vacation anyways. Sugita is very good at playing an elitist doo-doo. I like how Soma's childhood friend was intimidated just by looking at Ikumi, lol. Looking back I liked that they put that break there before pushing onto the season finale.

Moaradin

CSzEAybU8AAXgmZ.jpg

wah ,, the last episode i saw from naruto is the start of the war

really only 10 episodes non filler in 2015 ?

I knew it was bad but I didn't think it was that bad. Jesus.

Sad thing is the show is actually decently entertaining during those canon episodes, but the filler are so fucking boring. I watched the last 20+ episodes of filler, only for it to go back to canon for a couple episodes and then back to more filler that may be even longer.

I knew it was bad but I didn't think it was that bad. Jesus.

Sad thing is the show is actually decently entertaining during those canon episodes, but the filler are so fucking boring. I watched the last 20+ episodes of filler, only for it to go back to canon for a couple episodes and then back to more filler that may be even longer.

I always see this talk of "filler" in Naruto. What is a filler episode like in this case? When you folks say this I think of a one-off thing, like a beach episode or whatever. But then there's stuff like Naruto. I mean they can't all be "beach episodes" right?!

I always see this talk of "filler" in Naruto. What is a filler episode like in this case? When you folks say this I think of a one-off thing, like a beach episode or whatever. But then there's stuff like Naruto. I mean they can't all be "beach episodes" right?!

Long running shows that can't catch up to the manga like Naruto or One Piece have entire filler arcs. What "filler" means is an episode that isn't manga content. People love to call episodes that don't impact the immediate plot filler though.

Puruzi

Banned

Filler=Episode that has no relation to the manga

Like an anime just does random episodes that stray away from the manga's story

Long running shows that can't catch up to the manga like Naruto or One Piece have entire filler arcs. What "filler" means is an episode that isn't manga content. People love to call episodes that don't impact the immediate plot filler though.

Filler=Episode that has no relation to the manga

Like an anime just does random episodes that stray away from the manga's story

Ohhh okay gotcha. So in a way shouldn't fans be pleased with this? Unless they are of horrible quality, this would mean loads of new content that they never read on the manga. But let me guess, the quality isn't there lol.

Puruzi

Banned
Ohhh okay gotcha. So in a way shouldn't fans be pleased with this? Unless they are of horrible quality, this would mean loads of new content that they never read on the manga. But let me guess, the quality isn't there lol.

Filler usually isn't good, and it's annoying for people that just want to see the story but animated.

Filler is usually at least tolerable if it's short, and doesn't distract from the main story two much.

Basically if the filler saga is more than 10 episodes then they already fucked up.

That looks terrifying. So much nope in one picture.

KAGEWANI does a really good job in each episode's short run time of showing you enough of the monster so that they scare you, but also not letting them wear out their welcome.

It's not like the Naruto or One Piece anime series are much good at adapting the manga material, so I don't know why people get especially bent out of shape at the presence of "filler".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom