• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

There's always tomorrow.

As much as we like to joke, the truth is, there's no rush so... don't rush. Savor them all and watch them when you feel like doing so. Let yourself digest them properly and pace yourself, it's the best way to get the most out them and to enjoy and appreciate them fully. Its not every day you get to witness such films for the first time and I'm willing to bet that you'll be feeling a little bit of withdrawal and regret by just running though them all. Enjoy them and have fun.

Moaradin

I really liked Gatchaman Crowds. I thought Insight was even better, but I might be the odd one out there.

And Hajime is indeed the best.

Qurupeke

Now watched uhhh five or six episodes of Gatchaman Crowds.

Fun stuff!

The OP song is super fucking great.

One of my favorite animes, have fun. Enjoy Hajime-ssu, she's the best character. The OP is amazing,yeah, but this goes for the whole soundtrack. I highly recommend to listen to it.

I really liked Gatchaman Crowds. I thought Insight was even better, but I might be the odd one out there.

If it wasn't for Tsubasa, I'd agree. It certainly did quite a few things better and it had a fantastic ending.

Narag

As much as we like to joke, the truth is, there's no rush so... don't rush. Savor them all and watch them when you feel like doing so. Let yourself digest them properly and pace yourself, it's the best way to get the most out them and to enjoy and appreciate them fully. Its not every day you get to witness such films for the first time and I'm willing to bet that you'll be feeling a little bit of withdrawal and regret by just running though them all. Enjoy them and have fun.

They'll actually all be wrapped up before the new year. Going to finish Miyazaki, hit up the non-Takahata stuff, then watch the Takahata films ending with Kaguya.

javac

They'll actually all be wrapped up before the new year. Going to finish Miyazaki, hit up the non-Takahata stuff, then watch the Takahata films ending with Kaguya.

Sounds good, still surprised that you waited so long but that's fine, better late than never! :) Have fun, I'm actually going to watch all of the Ghibli films again this Christmas as I always do with my brother chronologically, one a day but this time ending with The Wind Rises and Kaguya, both of which I have yet to see but have astronomical hopes for! Hopefully Marnie is out the UK by then! :)

Szadek

The last two stories are cute, but not needed. You experienced what you needed to of Clannad. The ending was amazing regardless. It was written and presented in such a great way by tying in the story and events from throughout the anime. That song that s played during that ending Palm of a Tiny hand hits perfectly right there by mixing Nagisa's theme with everything else.... Beautiful...

So how many tears were shed? Man up here...
Just finished the last episode. The last 2 episodes really aren't anything special, but still a nice send-off.
I pretty much agree with everything you said.
This anime is a 10/10 for me.
I kind of regreet not getting through first few episodes sooner.

I cried more than enough. Episode 18 was by far the worst in that regard. After episode 16 even the op made me really sad everytime.
Don't even let me get started about the dango song.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 7:

Oh boy, an entire segment on the nuances of fujoshi pandering, yea, I am going to pass on watching more of this til next week.

I had such a difficult time sticking with Gatchaman Crowds. I started it twice and made it to episode 5 and 7 respectively before I just sorta petered out. It just didn't keep me going and I don't know why.

Which is astonishing because the director did Trapeze and Mononoke which are in my top 10 anime of all time. I was so excited for Crowds but it just fell really flat to me and I didn't care about anything in it.

Is Nakamura directing anything coming out soon?

Jarmel

Banned
Owarimonogatari-6
VrQ3AgZ.jpg

This shot killed me. Move aside bitch.
Ougi stole the show again. Seriously though
how can a corpse rot in a two year period to the point where it's unidentifiable? Doesn't it take a full decade for a corpse to become a skeleton?

I feel like visually this arc is the best Monogatari has been in awhile, especially on the storyboard side.

I had such a difficult time sticking with Gatchaman Crowds. I started it twice and made it to episode 5 and 7 respectively before I just sorta petered out. It just didn't keep me going and I don't know why.

Which is astonishing because the director did Trapeze and Mononoke which are in my top 10 anime of all time. I was so excited for Crowds but it just fell really flat to me and I didn't care about anything in it.

Is Nakamura directing anything coming out soon?

Whatever Kenji Nakamura is doing after Gatchaman Crowds Insight hasn't been announced yet.

JulianImp

Now watched uhhh five or six episodes of Gatchaman Crowds.

Fun stuff!

The OP song is super fucking great.

Yeah, this show definitely caught me off guard when I was expecting a traditional superhero show at first. I'd say Hajime might not be everybody's cup of tea, but it was really nice to see a ditzy character that actually made more sense than even the more serious gatchamen.

Insight was cool as well but I'd say S1 felt better, most likely because the concept felt fresh in S1, but S2 understandably used similar themes so it didn't feel as appealing. Then there's also Tsubasa...

Owari 07

CTy-yU3VEAENP8O.png:large
CTy-x2nU8AEWeu4.jpg:large

I KNEW IT

New OP is alright. I'm not a huge fan. It works more as an ED.

So the armor is Kiss-Shot's first servant from that flashback arc, so the Darkness has to tie into this somehow. Biggest shocker is that Araragi said when he dies the only person he'd want to die with is Shinobu and not Senjougahara. Wow, Senjougahara would say that she'd only want to die with Araragi in a millisecond. I guess Shinobu is bound to his soul so they can't not die together. Really it seems like there's four endings - Senjougahara, Shinobu, Hanekawa or none and Araragi just wanders off to become the new Oshino Meme. Anyway, if the series ends and its not still Araragi and Senjougahara that will be sad as fuck because of Hitagi End. She went through all that shit for true love.

Owari 07

So the armor is Kiss-Shot's first servant from that flashback arc, so the Darkness has to tie into this somehow. Biggest shocker is that Araragi said when he dies the only person he'd want to die with is Shinobu and not Senjougahara. Wow, Senjougahara would say that she'd only want to die with Araragi in a millisecond. I guess Shinobu is bound to his soul so they can't not die together. Really it seems like there's four endings - Senjougahara, Shinobu, Hanekawa or none and Araragi just wanders off to become the new Oshino Meme
Well Senjougahara's had like 5 minutes of screen together with Araragi since Bakemono, so I guess even he's starting to forget about her.

Owari 07

So the armor is Kiss-Shot's first servant from that flashback arc, so the Darkness has to tie into this somehow. Biggest shocker is that Araragi said when he dies the only person he'd want to die with is Shinobu and not Senjougahara. Wow, Senjougahara would say that she'd only want to die with Araragi in a millisecond. I guess Shinobu is bound to his soul so they can't not die together. Really it seems like there's four endings - Senjougahara, Shinobu, Hanekawa or none and Araragi just wanders off to become the new Oshino Meme. Anyway, if the series ends and its not still Araragi and Senjougahara that will be sad as fuck because of Hitagi End. She went through all that shit for true love.

I believe in a DTL ending

I believe in a DTL ending

The reason why Meme hasn't shown up since Bake is that he and Araragi are having a secret canonical offscreen relationship.

Meme is in Kizu, this will confirm it.

haha even Arararararagi knows that crab is a lamer

If you don't like Senjougahara after Tsubasa Tiger and Hitagi End what's wrong with you?
That's like not liking Hanekawa after Tsubasa Tiger.

javac

Anime Limited Newswire:

• The Standard DVD version of Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya will be arriving on 28th December.
  • Baccano! Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray set is out this Monday. Full unboxing HERE. HD vs. SD comparison of Baccano! HERE.
  • Limited Edition Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 Blu-ray is now officially out-of-print. However, if you missed out on the Limited Edition version a Standard Edition Blu-ray of Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 is out this Monday (16th November.)
  • Both Samurai Flamenco Part 1 and Sword Art Online II: Part 2 are now set for release in December.
  • Sword Art Online II: Part 3 and Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo will both will be coming to the UK in the new year.

We can confirm we will be releasing the following titles:
  • Noein. Coming to Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray.
  • Lords Marksman and Vanadis. Coming to both Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray and Standard DVD.
  • Riddle – Story Of Devil. Coming to both Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray and Standard DVD.

RELEASE CALENDAR

OCTOBER – DECEMBER 2015
  • OUT NOW: Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 (Limited Edition Blu-ray, DVD)
  • OUT NOW: Fate/kaleid liner Prisima Illya (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray, DVD)*

• 16th November: Baccano! (Limited Edition Blu-ray)
  • 16th November: Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 (Standard Edition Blu-ray)

• 30th November: Mobile Suit Gundam: Part 1 of 2 (Blu-ray)

• 7th December: Full Metal Panic Ultimate Edition [Season 1 + Fumoffu + The Second Raid] (Blu-ray)

• 28th December: Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya (Standard DVD)

• TBC December: Sword Art Online II: Part 2 (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray+DVD combi, DVD)
  • TBC December: Samurai Flamenco: Part 1 (Blu-ray **subtitle-only release**)

Q1 2016

• 11th January: Ping Pong (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray+DVD set)

• 25th January: Fuse – Memoirs of a Huntress (Limited Collector’s Blu-ray+DVD set, Standard DVD)
  • 25th January: Noein (Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray)
  • 25th January: Expelled From Paradise (Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray+DVD set, Standard DVD)

• 15th February: Durarara!! x2 Shou (Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray, Standard DVD)

• 22nd February: Letter To Momo (Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray+DVD set, Standard DVD)

• 29th February: Selector Infected WIXOSS (Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray, Standard DVD)
  • 29th February: Tokyo ESP (Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray, Standard DVD)*
  • 29th February: Lord Marksman and Vanadis (Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray, Standard DVD)*

• 14th March: Riddle – Story of Devil (Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray, Standard DVD)*
  • 14th March: Brothers Conflict – Complete Series Collection (Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray, Standard DVD)*

• 31st March: Miss Hokusai (Limited Collector’s Edition Blu-ray+DVD set, Standard Blu-ray, Standard DVD)

• April (TBC): Terror In Resonance (Ultimate Edition Blu-ray+DVD)*
  • [January, TBC] Mobile Suit Gundam: Part 2 of 2 (Blu-ray)*
  • [TBC] Gundam: Reconguista In G Part 1 (Blu-ray **subtitle-only release**)
  • [TBC]: Sword Art Online II: Part 3 (Collector’s Edition Blu-ray+DVD combi, DVD)*
  • [TBC]: Gankutsuou: The Count Of Monte Cristo (Blu-ray)*
*Tentative date
http://blog.alltheanime.com/newswire44_45/

phaze

Owari 07
013524dvsqe.jpg

Free Madara-chan.

It's pretty hilarious that all the "Owari" stories so far are flashbacks. Is there no end to Nisio Isin's trolling ? Someone needs to stop that madman. I thought I knew more or less what this arc will be about but the appearance of our 400 year old samurai threw a curveball I did not expect. Will they deal with both him and Gaen's request in the same arc ? I sure hope so. (Or Gaen just predicted his emergence too.)

New OP is alright but kinda loses steam after first 20 second when the long shots over immobile characters begin.

Euphonium 11

Bit too heavy on the melodrama but I can't complain too much as I probably would have found it more dull. One thing I liked was the added bit of characterisation for the senpai-obsessed girl as it put her in a more humane light.

Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid 06

Man this show is fucking dumb. I don't even know what it's about anymore. Mei-fong's liberator is cool though.

I can just imagine that outfit sketch section and everyone going "HAHA YES THESE WILL MAKE GOOD FIGURES! PUT THESE IN THE SHOW"

Is he some sort of vampire or converted vampire?

He's a vampire from his encounter with Kiss-Shot on Spring Break.

Tsukimonogatari/Second Season spoilers -
Araragi is a dumbass and kept visiting God Nadeko and she beat the shit out of him so he kept relying on Shinobu to heal him up so now he is riding the line too close to turning into a full vampire which would mean Kagenui and Ononoki have to kill him so he can't do that anymore.

phaze

Shinobu and Senjougahara never interacted with each other on screen right ? What a travesty. I want to see the formers reaction to being called "loli-slave".

Shinobu and Senjougahara never interacted with each other on screen right ? What a travesty. I want to see the formers reaction to being called "loli-slave".

I don't think Shinobu has interacted with anyone but the apparition variants
Black Hanekawa and God Nadeko
and people who can see her like Oshino and Kaiki maybe?

Really I just want Senjougahara and Ougi to interact.

The only problem with the Shinobu Time OP is that it's too short. The music doesn't have time to develop much, and the visuals are worth extending as well. I wish they had gone for the standard minute-and-a-half OP length instead of constricting it to a minute. Hopefully the OST will have a longer version of the track.

This discussion reminds me of the Dantalian OP. The visuals are not as good, of course, but its song is similarly a refreshing change from the typical anime OP. The vocalist and instruments, as well as the gentle composition itself, are quite beautiful.

Shouta

Asterisk 7

Couldn't they have made desu girl (Kirin) older than 13? I really don't see any story purpose in making her that age and then stacking her like that. I mean if it's for a gag with Saya that that would work already if they were the same age.

Other than that, the fight was really good even better than Rakudai's this week. I was hoping for something a bit more prolonged but dwelling on fights when setting up the main cast isn't all that great of an idea, lol.

Rakudai 7

Figured her back story last episode but at least the ep confirmed it. Her power is really cool but the fight itself was kinda mediocre. Nicely animated but it's basically Ikki taking hits and then talking her into submission except for one proper slash, lol. At least he's a stand up guy.

WInner: A tie.

Cornbread78

Just finished the last episode. The last 2 episodes really aren't anything special, but still a nice send-off.
I pretty much agree with everything you said.
This anime is a 10/10 for me.
I kind of regreet not getting through first few episodes sooner.

I cried more than enough. Episode 18 was by far the worst in that regard. After episode 16 even the op made me really sad everytime.
Don't even let me get started about the dango song.

The Dingo family has a whole new meaning once you finish. It fits perfectly even after you laugh at it earlier in the show. Also loved the way they tied up all the little things like that song, Nagisa's play and the light orbs. You don't realize any of their importance until it blasts you at the end...

*runs away from threat so he doesn't see show spoilers *

Jaxec

Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 7

Another strong episode. Love that we're getting some more background for Tsukishima. I really do enjoy his character. Also loved the scene between Azumane and Hinata. Straight chills.

Ascheroth

Asterisk - 07

The battles were pretty cool and Kirin standing up for herself was too. Still don't really like her voice, though.

Cavalry - 07

Ayatsujis ability is pretty great, but her actions were really despicable. Ikki is too much of a good guy...
The battle was cool again, bit it's really the OST that does all the tension-creating, haha.

Phatmac

I'm liking the effort the anime is dedicating to showing the evolution of the team with each character getting more focus on their own personal hurdles to get over. I'm interested in Tsukishima's story with volleyball as he's never seemed the type to actually want to play. Perhaps he's been trying to reach his big brother's legacy when he was a player for the crows? Either way I'm glad our favorite glasses-wearing jerk got some time during this episode. OMG little Tsuki is so cute!

jordisok

• Grave of the Fireflies
    [*]Only Yesterday
    [*]Whisper of the Heart
  • Pom Poko
  • My Neighbors the Yamadas
  • The Cat Returns
  • Ocean Waves

Whisper of the Heart love! It's probably my favourite Ghibli, but I haven't seen either of the other 3 picks you have in bold :(

Hope that Ping Pong BR date is accurate as its my birthday :) anyone know if there are any problems with it? You never know with anime transfers

Yu Yu Hakusho - 39

Seeing the asshole who treated the defenseless Kurama like a punching bag, getting annihilated by Yu was great. I particularly liked the part where he tried to run away but was stopped by his own belt.
The wind tamer fight is looking to be a fun one, there was some cool camera angles with him flying which I'm expecting more of. It is nice to see that this infamous tournament also has a lot of playful and respectful contestants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom