• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Murata's One Punch Man is published by Young Jump.

Well that's the exception and that series got real lucky considering how many big name companies are backing it up. Zetman, Gantz, Tokyo Ghoul, and etc all got shit adaptions.

Well Young Jump are Production Committee are probably eating crow considering how they didn't have any faith in Tokyo Ghoul being popular. Still makes me a bit salty how they treated the property and the author. Although Gantz's anime adaptation was a irredeemable abomination.

Line_HTX

I dunno, I think it's nice seeing people with anime boys like Ougi as their avatars instead of just anime girls all the time.

OJeeRJm.png

Ehh... Is that so?

Whenever Sentai gets hype about something, I get nervous...

Their Twitter page is... amusing to say the least, haha.

They had a picture sometime earlier this week recording something. I forgot what it was and too lazy to look up.

Gvitor

Haikyuu 07

How do they expect me to keep not reading the manga? Seriously, this whole episode was just a big setup. I need more.

Kazzy

Finished Hibike! Euphonium, from start to finish, today.

It was great, and considering my last KyoAni series was Free! , my feelings couldn't be any different. A return to form.

World Trigger (today)

Excellent episode. Xeno sama moments and the swimming was good but so close to getting a world trigger swimming episode. I think we will end up falling into the water though so maybe it will still happen.

Shouta

Heavy Object 7

Dang, that was a great episode despite having no action. Frolaytia shouting at the journalist was good stuff and them analyzing the situation at had was good.

javac

A bit old:
Are you guys gonna release the full Chaika cast list soon? I love the main characters so far!
Next week we'll be releasing the full cast list, so stay tuned! ;)

Is gate coming back for a second season? If yes when and is it going to be dubbed or on dvd soon?
Gate is indeed coming back for a second season, set to start January 2016 if I'm not mistaken. Yes, it will eventually come to DVD and Blu-ray, jury is still out on a dub though, but you can certainly pray to Rory for that to happen. >.>

What are the chances of a Danmachi dub?
I would say it has a pretty good chance at a dub, it certainly is popular enough. Unfortunately, I don't make those kinds of decisions, I am but a vessel for the voice of the people. You guys sure are loud about it though! Makes my job easier when you are.

What's the likelihood of Gate getting a collectors edition and or dub? Also will we see a Log Horizon 2 dub sometime soon?
A ton of factors go into deciding that, and it depends on how it does during the simulcast period. Certainly that's not the only factor, or a deciding factor, but it is just as important as the rest in figuring out whether something qualifies for a CE.
As for Log Horizon 2? I do know that we're done with it in studio, so it should only be a matter of time now. :)

Are you doing any more giveaways this year?
We are, actually! Holidays are a great time to run fun little giveaways, and judging from the entries into our Bounty Basket Giveaway, you guys love them too. Right now we are judging the turkey hands submitted, but we do have something going on in December as well, just haven't announced it yet. What's the prize? It's a doozy.

I pre oredered Akame ga Kill box 1, do you have a date set for box 2?
Yes, there is a soft date in place for collection 2, but I would probably be struck down by Production Manager Luke if I were to reveal that date. Rest assured though, it wont be too far from Collection 1. ;)

Any idea when we can expect Parasite on Blu-ray? Will it get the CE treatment like Akame?
Parasyte is definitely coming to Blu-ray, as far as when...I couldn't really say with accuracy. HOWEVER! Seeing as how it's on Toonami and gaining popularity as more episodes are broadcast (shoutouts to toonamifaithful.com for those delicious weekend numbers!), I can definitely see us announcing something soon. Pretty sure we're not sitting on this one, gotta strike while that fire's hot!

When will you be releasing Higurahsi S1?
I can't really say YET, but from what I saw in checking our release calendar, it's finally found a home. Of course, release calendars are subject to change at any time, but just the fact that it has an unofficial date attached to it means that it is closer to releasing than not.

So cross your fingers that it doesn't start to grow legs!

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks

The game has a ton of slice of life too, since it's a 2 cour show we're probably going to get more. And there's also the part where it ends with a cliffhanger.

I mean the first Utawareumono also had a bunch of slice of life and was a 2-cour, but it still got into the plot way faster than this

Yu Yu Hakusho - 41

I wasn't a big fan of this closing of the Wind Tamer fight. Left me wanting more and I wasn't as visually impressed as I thought I would be.
A few clever transitions such as using the wind. Even color - from a close up of Yu's blue rei gun effect, smoothly zooming out, and we're suddenly looking at the opponents blue eyes.

Just when I started thinking Kuwabara has been noticbly absent as of late, he shows up ready to fight in high spirit. He's such a lovable goober.
Botan seemed to have gotten some long lost attention. Plenty of goofy expressions and quirky animation from her which hasn't been seen in a long while, and even back then it wasn't this detailed. I like sassy Botan.

My new least favorite plot device is characters going blind towards the end of anime and then regain their sight after everything. Really, really kills me.

Ougi mentions at the ends of Suruga Devil that they had forgotten that they were a boy now, so their gender either actually changed or she was pretending to be a boy. I don't think Ougi was always a male. I have some other cooler theories about the whole thing, but I'm too lazy to articulate.

Ougi is Ougi, a friendly kouhai who is better than Hanekawa.

Accurate.

Ougi is Ougi, a friendly kouhai who is better than Hanekawa.

Hanekawa owned her twice!

"Araragi, Araragi come with me and not her, she is useless"

Araragi goes with Hanekawa

"Araragi, Araragi Hanekawa doesn't know the answer to the riddle and I do"

Hanekawa knows the answer

Really the fact that Araragi had to even consider trusting Ougi over Hanekawa of all people means Ougi is doing some weird shit to him

Jarmel

Banned
I'm liking the effort the anime is dedicating to showing the evolution of the team with each character getting more focus on their own personal hurdles to get over.

What I find fascinating is how the team dynamics are completely screwed due to the individual developments in that the team is a mess now. Everybody is trying something new and nothing is working. The friction inside the team is something that didn't really exist in the first season and here it's largely passive aggressive in-fighting.

Haikyuu S2 07

I too picked up that Tsukishima seemed to have something of an inferiority complex against Hinata, I thought it was just me. Pretty interesting, we see the team fail miserably as they try to improve and Tsukishima is just there doing what he's always done, which is play without putting his heart into the game.

Jaxec

Owatimonogatari 7

Another enjoyable episode. This arc will last the rest of the season if I remember correctly. If so, then I'm all game. So this is what happens before
Araragi saves Hanekawa in Tsubasa Tiger
?

Also another question. Who does Araragi care for most?

Senjougahara (is in love with)
Hanekawa (would die for)
Shinobu (would die with)

Asterisk 07

So Ayato is now #1? The fighting scene was cool but everything else was very cringey.

Cavalry 07

That was an intense episode. The fight itself was awesome too.

Winner: Cavalry again. I don't even know why I do these, it is much better. Asterisk is just so tacky sometimes. If both shows are LN trash, at least Cavalry does a better job at not making me cringe with every line of dialog that comes out of the lead's mouth. Ayato's whole patting on the head like a pet thing annoys me to no end too. I feel like I'm gonna drop Asterisk real soon, simply because the only reason why I watched it was to compare it to Cavalry.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hello friends.

Other than Onepunch Man what's the new hotness to watch this season?

Thanks in advance, your pal.

Kave

Phatmac

What I find fascinating is how the team dynamics are completely screwed due to the individual developments in that the team is a mess now. Everybody is trying something new and nothing is working. The friction inside the team is something that didn't really exist in the first season and here it's largely passive aggressive in-fighting.
That too. I'm glad the show doesn't skip usually boring training arcs and is showing how difficult synchronizing is when everyone is trying to change. This keeps things interesting as the main team has been on a losing streak yet they don't fall into despair by using the experience in order to get better.

Also another question. Who does Araragi care for most?

Senjougahara (is in love with)
Hanekawa (would die for)
Shinobu (would die with)

It's impossible to say but it's definitely between those three. He also said he was going to marry Hachikuji but uh, I think that may have been a joke.

Hello friends.

Other than Onepunch Man what's the new hotness to watch this season?

Thanks in advance, your pal.

Kave

The new Gundam show is competent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom