• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Anyone have any opinions on ef ~ A Tale of Memories and ef ~ A Tale of Melodies?

A Tale of Memories is highly recommended, Melodies was a few steps down.

I really enjoy Memories, but I haven't watched Melodies. Mostly because two major characters in Memories are hardly relevant in Melodies.

Melodies isn't nearly as emotional as Memories got, plus one of the ships they focused on was lame/borderline creapy.

Russ T

Banned
The thread's been glacial lately.

Glacial for this thread is still too fast for me to keep up unless I check every thirty minutes!

Anyway just finished the director's cut for episode 12. Wow that's completely different after the first five minutes or so. Weird.

Dunno if I'd say the original 12 was shitty all on its own, but it's certainly shitty in comparison!

I'm trying to think of my sole favorite episode this year but I'm coming up empty. I can think of

Euphonium Episode 8 (The one where Kumiko and Reina climb up the hill)
That episode of Death Parade about ice skating. Was the entire episode good or just that ice skating scene? I don't remember.
Episode 1 of One Punch Man
Episode 5 of Owarimonogatari
Episode 19 of Cross Ange for the sheer fuckery that was that episode
Can I nominate just the visual and sound effect that they used for The World in Stardust Crusaders? Because I kind of want to
Episode 12 of Bakemonogatari. Yeah that aired like six years ago but I just saw it and that is a good episode

If the Boros fight in OPM is godly or one of the Owari arcs wraps up nice they could easily win it though. It's kind of hard to pick an overall best episode when at most episodes have that one moment, a truly perfect episode is hard to come by.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well Senjougahara's had like 5 minutes of screen together with Araragi since Bakemono, so I guess even he's starting to forget about her.

Sounds like Monogatari has managed to completely undo every last thread of good will earned by Bakemono at this point. Continually introducing new complications and undoing resolutions to indefinitely prolong the existence of the harem after S1 TV's satisfying romantic conclusion is one of the major reasons I stopped following the series. If Hitagi's a non-entity at this point, it might as well not exist.

Sounds like Monogatari has managed to completely undo every last thread of good will earned by Bakemono at this point. Continually introducing new complications and undoing resolutions to indefinitely prolong the existence of the harem after S1 TV's satisfying romantic conclusion is one of the major reasons I stopped following the series. If Hitagi's a non-entity at this point, it might as well not exist.

She had her moments in 2nd season, they were just with Kaiki as Araragi wasn't around. Pretty much all of the female characters have interacted with Araragi more than her since Bakemono, their relationship is mostly off-screen.

Naw Second Season was the best season and the best arc was Senjougahara focused. It's true that she hardly has any screentime with Araragi and Hanekawa is with him more though. You still get little moments like the two of them texting and her saying she is addicted to french kisses but it's kind of sad that those two aren't actually seen together that often. It doesn't bother me as much now as it did before (saying this as someone who watched the whole series less then three months ago) because the ongoing Owari plotlines are among the most interesting. Oh well, apparently Hitagi Rendezvous is just them on a date.

And for Hitagi End at least, she had to do it all behind his back because Araragi would have ruined the entire plan.

She had her moments in 2nd season, they were just with Kaiki as Araragi wasn't around. Pretty much all of the female characters have interacted with Araragi more than her since Bakemono, their relationship is mostly off-screen.

Everyone but Nadeko and Kanbaru. Well, Kanbaru no longer with this arc.

Edit: oh wait Karen and Tsukihi exist lol. Karen has done pretty much nothing.

Cornbread78

I'm I kind of want to
Episode 12 of Bakemonogatari. Yeah that aired like six years ago but I just saw it and that is a good episode

It's one of my favorite episodes in anime period. It's so well written, choreographed and directed.. the music is the topper.

For this year though,

Real tough:

- ep. 8 SNAFU Too
- ep. 12 or 13 of Plastic Memories
- ep. 7 Charlotte
- ep. 8 Danmachi
- ep. 9, Actually, I Am
- ep. 4, Nisekoi
- ep. 12 of Etotama
- ep. 12 of Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches

These were all excellent episodes and it's nearly impossible to choose. I mean, that Nisekoi episode humanized Chitoge dammit.

Thoraxes

I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm keeping up with Asterisk is because of its great ending song.

That ending song is a great reinforcer.

Can't go wrong with Rasmus x Maaya.
I'm trying to think of my sole favorite episode this year but I'm coming up empty. I can think of

Euphonium Episode 8 (The one where Kumiko and Reina climb up the hill)
That episode of Death Parade about ice skating. Was the entire episode good or just that ice skating scene? I don't remember.
Episode 1 of One Punch Man
Episode 5 of Owarimonogatari
Episode 19 of Cross Ange for the sheer fuckery that was that episode
Can I nominate just the visual and sound effect that they used for The World in Stardust Crusaders? Because I kind of want to

If the Boros fight in OPM is godly or one of the Owari arcs wraps up nice they could easily win it though. It's kind of hard to pick an overall best episode when at most episodes have that one moment, a truly perfect episode is hard to come by.

Some nice ones from earlier in the year were:

Episodes 8 and 12 of YKA
Episodes 8 and 13 of Eupho
Episode 4 of Koufuku Graffiti
Episode 9 of Death Parade
Episode 12 of Houkago no Pleiades

I didn't touch almost any summer shows though, so i'm not even really sure what was good there.

Only that the entire second season was about the girls getting rid of Araragi.

pbayne

Finished Ao Haru Ride

Great series. I really appreciated the love triangle in this, in which both girls supported each other and even admitted to being bitter and jealous that one girl was clearly closer to Kou but they still remained friends. It was weird that the ending keep it going though as it was pretty obvious that Futaba and Kou were a couple. Probably the shows biggest asset is the group of friends genuinely feels like a group of friends that you gradually watch become closer to one another.

Yeah the ending was the only let-down. It was "go read the manga ending or pray for a second season" that left a lot of loose ends. I mean the show only really had time to focus on the main couple, I would have liked Mauro, Kominato and Tanaka Sensei to get a bit more focus. God the last scene with Tanaka Sensei crying over the dinner, I got a little misty eyed too.

Yep so good show overall. If you want a nice straightforward shoujo, you can't really go wrong with this.

Thoraxes

This is one of those times where i'll tell you that you should probably watch it first before jumping to conclusions.

phaze

Like said above, Mono S2 + Hana was all about bringing closure to arcs and characters from Bake. And running a chain saw through the harem while at it.

Quasar

Noragami 2.07 - Another excellent episode and a nice breather episode. Was moved by Yatos tears. Its interesting to think about how much influence Hiyori has had. If it wasn't for her Yato would have gone back to Nora.

wonzo

Banned
perfect insider 4-6

even knowing everything, watching moe & saikawa slowly put all the pieces together is so captivating to watch. the really sterile, clinical set pieces of the lab also add a really brutal & unnerving tone to everything happening in it. i love it, really want to read the book someday (and the rest of the series involving these two)

TUSR

Banned
Right. It ended just a few days before the events of Nadeko Medusa.
I'm mildly confused why no one remembered Sodachi as a child.

The knowledge that Araragi's parents were cops hinged on this, so why does it seem like she didn't exist to anyone before they met (remet?) in middle school?

Did I miss something obvious?

Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 07

It's still hard to believe that the author of LN Sakurasou can actual did a good job in Gundam show(he wrote episode 05&07)
Okada seems also know how to find some potentially good writers.

Erigu

Is Shinobu
still with Araragi after Mail?
Edit: Dumb question because she appears in Tsukimonogatari.
You can also tell she's in his shadow at the end of Onimonogatari, when he's done telling Ōgi the entire story, months later.

Non Non Biyori S1

5/Aria on the mono no aware scale.

One of the better SoL anime I've watched. Ep 10 was the best episode with the most character development. Every anime would be better with a Renge in it. Hotaru is the worst of all time.

pbayne

Non Non Biyori S1

5/Aria on the mono no aware scale.

One of the better SoL anime I've watched. Ep 10 was the best episode with the most character development. Every anime would be better with a Renge in it. Hotaru is the worst of all time.

That's simply not true

Cavalry 7
"Not your Itto Shura of the night"
ksj0U.gif
waiting for the real fight now

Jaxec

Iron Blooded Orphans 7

Probably my favorite episode so far. Loved the action and it was good to see the struggle between both sides. I think this is the first time Tekkadan got pushed this hard. Looking forward to next week.

Ascheroth

Okada Gundam - 07

Pretty great episode. I liked the (close) fight and it looks like they may get the cooperation of Turbine and his all-female crew.

Dynedom

Gundam IBO - 07

Great episode. Good tension and battling.

Let's just hope that this
set of female suit pilots don't go the way of the Shrike team

pbayne

Iron blooded orphans 7

Nice episode. Looks like they're gonna rotate between one talking episode, one fighting episode. Good to see Mika isn't untouchable as that girl pretty much beat his ass.
Akihiro is probably the better pilot between the two of them, considering what he manages to do in a bog standard mecha.

Folks, I can't see the appeal in idol anime but instead of being ignorant I should probably check out at least one of these shows. Obviously it would need to be one of the better ones.

So, which are the best idol shows? Keep in mind that I'm a newbie to that subgenre or what you'd call it. I also tend to prefer shows that take their topic seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom