• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 158

Right, so after taking a vacation last week I have return and so have these reviews and thank the stars this shitty season is almost over. So this episode, one the one hand we do break from the usual formula but instead of anything interesting or clever we get one of the most stock of stock plotlines for children's cartoons, the Freaky Friday switch. Basically Palla-Palla, who has actually upping the ante and casting a wide net, which is something that really should have happened before now changes Usagi and Chibi-Usa and honestly not much happens. Really it is mostly so we can finally get the backstory on the finally named Helios, things I might add that were disclosed very early in the manga arc. Indeed, most of his manga backstory, like everything else this season has been stripped away, not that unusual but this ends up more like the Amazoness Quartet then the Amazon Trio. The backstory is not only a lot more generic but lacks any connection to the larger mythos which is something that will bite them on the ass. TOEI was good at doing that with this series. One thing that is retained is they are trying to make Helios the formal love interest here and it is about as boring. Still, recommendation to watch just for the formula break.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 159

Ah here we go, down the the scale of quality goes for this episode as even though some actual plot details are dropped in this episode is still comes across as filler and the series stretches out the revelations due to reasons. Really poor reasons as even though ChibiUsa and Helios should have a pretty strong connection for you know an episode that is happening at the end of the season Helois declines to advance shit because they have to get to know each other better. God damn this season is useless since they have had ample time to do that shit and they couldn't be assed. We the audience however do learn the fate of the actual body of Helios, so that is something. The rest of the episode had the Scouts mistaking some rando for ChbiUsa's boyfriend and really stupid shit ensued. Strongest recommendation to avoid this episode.

Qurupeke

The mathemagics OP from the Sodachi arcs in Monogatari has really grown to me. It's an amazing song and the voice actress does a great job. Hopefully the full version will be released soon...

7 episodes in and

Haikyuu is great
OPM is great
Iron Blooded Orphans is great.

Glad everything I'm watching isn't terrible and/or hasn't turned to shit yet.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Okada Gundam 7
That was sweet. I laugh when one of the crew mention how delicious biscuit name is
Eugene is a tsundere. My oh my...
I still think the maid is suspicious.

One Punch Man 7

With a name like "tank top black hole" you think he could do more than crushing things with his hand. I love seeing Saitama told the meteor victim and rekt the tanktop brother.

Its interesting how with folks who normally aren't into sports or sports anime they can find something that clicks for them. Happened to me, even if its mostly just non sports sports anime (Chihayafuru, Saki, maybe you can count Foodwars too). Though for real sports it was Baby Steps that clicked. partially because I actual like/played that sport and partially because of the tiny amount of shipping.

Baby steps was too slow and dull that I dropped it. It should have taken heavy inspiration from the (new) prince of tennis.

Narag

preemptively shaming narag itt for his words and deeds

HEy29tAl.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yup, she is!

If you want just the stuff she's been in so far, check out episodes 6 and 7. Her character is the main focus of those two and has plenty of dialogue.

The show itself is pretty much your standard battle-harem format, except the MC
commits to a girlfriend
in the first few episodes.

I just happen to like those though, so ymmv.
I wonder if I prefer Kobayashi in her boy roles or in her harem roles. I guess this is what she has now. lol

Hmm, looks like only the first episode is eng subbed; that's a shame. I watched the German dub back in the day.
Yeah, old shoujo is probably the last thing to be subbed these days. Particularly since the fansub scene is dead anyway.

phaze

Euphonium 12-13

Was okay I guess. I might actually prefer it to Hyouka as it is more concise and focused and I probably prefer Kumiko to Oreki. One thing I really liked was the effort, care and time that was put into the cast outside of the main four. Characters like Aoi, pres, Kaori, Nakagawara and their own, subdued and grounded little stories were probably my favourite thing about in the show.

jbug617

Banned
Hint of the Sentai announcement today.
@Sentaifilmworks: 1) It's something that we've been waiting to announce for a while now & 2) It happened largely b/c of the response we got from you all. :)

Still saying it's Nozaki-Kun CE.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
By some crazy coincidence I also watched Etotama last week. Great minds think alike as they say.

Firstly, why did no one inform me of the greatness of this show? Tis indeed one of the greatest things I've ever seen. I mean sure there's some negatives like the drab MC, but it's anime, the male characters are always drab, It's like a rule or something. But once you ignore that what you're left with is perfection itself.

Let's discuss the heroine of the story first, Nya-tan. She's awesome so there's that.
Let's discuss the humour. It's awesome so there's that.
Let's discuss the CGI. It's awesome so there's that.
Let's discuss the facial expressions. They're awesome so there's that.

So in conclusion, one could summarise the whole thing, if one were to put it succinctly, that all in all, the show is awesome.

gbgxoK7.png

Cornbread78

By some crazy coincidence I also watched Etotama last week. Great minds think alike as they say.

Firstly, why did no one inform me of the greatness of this show? Tis indeed one of the greatest things I've ever seen. I mean sure there's some negatives like the drab MC, but it's anime, the male characters are always drab, It's like a rule or something. But once you ignore that what you're left with is perfection itself.

Let's discuss the heroine of the story first, Nya-tan. She's awesome so there's that.
Let's discuss the humour. It's awesome so there's that.
Let's discuss the CGI. It's awesome so there's that.
Let's discuss the facial expressions. They're awesome so there's that.

So in conclusion, one could summarise the whole thing, if one were to put it succinctly, that all in all, the show is awesome.

Yes, yes it was awesome...
tumblr_np2dntjVqI1tlyjpto1_500.gif

Kids on the Slope is a great choice for a let's watch. A good selling point is that it has Watanabe as director. You can sell it as 'From the guy that brought you Cowboy Bebop and the Chief Director of Space Dandy, and not Terror in Resonance no that show did not exist...'

Cornbread78

These characters have zero connection, why was this made

I should probably watch this.

I'm probably not gonna watch this.

You will and you will like it dammit!

OK, 1 more Etotama gif... I deserve it since I'm like the only one here that was amused by it all season:

tumblr_nngm0mG1yq1r4vymlo1_500.gif

That face was priceless... Kinda like Rhonda Rousey.

Osumatsu-san 07

a5BNMeG.jpg

this has never happened in the history of the universe

The first skit was really great, probably my favorite one so far. The second skit was pretty bad though, even if it was a great example about how good the show looks overall.

Oh well show still provides 5x more good reaction faces then any other show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXmxct7-qSo&feature=youtu.be

Nozaki-Kun LE, if there is a difference in that.

Oh fuck no. This show deserves so much better then fucking Sentai. Disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom