• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crunchyroll hinting at their next addition to their library.

CT-G70MUkAAtpSL.jpg

Well their first tease was all snakes (Nadeko was in the tease) but that's a cat

So I dunno. They have all of Monogatari.

*sees Crunchyroll's announcement*

Time to watch Space Cobra.

Oh wait, the snake thing was for Cobra?

I guess the cat thing is for something different. Cobra was an easy guess but there are about 1 billion series about cats so who knows

If it's old like Cobra then uh...Cat's Eye? I have no clue

Joe Molotov

Yuru Yuri S3 7

Huh, Chizuru is still alive. Kyoko softening up on Ayano is the most jarring part of the season. Poor Akari is just Chinatsu's practice dummy. Though Akari finally gets a bit of revenge.

Akari~n x Chinatsu will become canon eventually. It must.

Brave Beats Episode 5

Hibiki is still a great dancer though I guess that had to happen at this point in time. In any case I think we know who the third one to join them will be, but he isn't anywhere in the opening so I wonder if that will truly happen. Its the only way for them to level up.

Articalys

javac feeling sad right now that nobody looked at his post.
edit: Metroid figured it out on his own.
edit 2: they just announced it anyway.
As part of what they dub the Crunchyroll Library Expansion Project, Crunchyroll are adding more titles to their library. Space Adventure Cobra was the first to be announced with five more titles being added this week but the entire list is available. All from Nozomi Entertainment:
Cat's Eye
http://www.crunchyroll.com/cats-eye
yBOhlUn.jpg

Available Regions: United States and Canada
To be fair to Crunchyroll, I'm not sure if they even realized all the show pages got activated at the same time.

ok then, I just pulled Cat's Eye out of my ass I didn't actually expect that

It's really good that CR are beginning to build a strong back catalog, it makes the service more appealing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Bakemonogatari Limited Edition Blu-ray is being reprinted and is expected to be released in January 2016. $149.98

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Bakemo...imited-Edition
No idea it even went out of print.

This has the subtitled commentaries, right? Maybe I'll get it...

It's not really a minor miracle when Sentai will license and release literally anything (in crappy quality).

Yeah, the only set with the commentaries. Worth it for one of the best aspects of the Monogatari franchise!

Articalys

It's really good that CR are beginning to build a strong back catalog, it makes the service more appealing.
If you live in North America, yes. At least in this case, with this publisher.

...I mean, that includes me, but just pointing out the clarification. But still the number of things that non-NA viewers miss out on is greater than the number of things that go the other way (which so far is mostly just some of the titles Funi licenses and Dog Days S3, I think).
I don't really know what the most widespread territories are that Crunchyroll covers after America; might make for an interesting analysis.

Anyway, if Nozomi is starting to get stuff moved to Crunchyroll it'd be nice if they get Aria up there sooner as opposed to later. Manga Ent used to have it all on Youtube but it looks like they took it down at some point.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G Episode 48 (End) EngDub

Great ending to this fantastic Cfvanguard season. Going the route of fun and games with bonding for the first dozen episodes then focusing on the United Sanctuary plot with a character we thought wouldnt be important was good. I loved this continued focus on Taiyou and his conflict with trying to reach the same level as the one who taught him vanguard (Chrono) and then his own inferiority complex about it. It was extremely pleasing and fun.

I cant wait for the next season to see what new Gear Chronicle cards are out there and how the Depend Card(s) can bring about new miracles. Coach Ibuki has to stay on.

jgminto

Has CR said when Cobra will be added? As it's the single good backlog show Narag watched recently, I should probably reward it with my viewing.

John Blade

Out all of those show, only Space Adventure Cobra is interested me. Most likely I will buy it if the price for the DVD drop a bit. Just finish Blue Seed 2 and will write a quick impression about it soon.

Space Adventure Cobra Episode 1
download.png

So this show might contain just about everything I need in my life.

Space, Sexy Androids, Roguish Heroes, futuristic cities of questionable legal fortitude.

It's all there in just the first episode.

And it feels so damn good.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Out all of those show, only Space Adventure Cobra is interested me. Most likely I will buy it if the price for the DVD drop a bit. Just finish Blue Seed 2 and will write a quick impression about it soon.

Cat's Eye has its moments but I do think it has way too many episodes.

Phatmac

The best episode of a somewhat disappointing season so far. Lots of love for my favorite ship Ayano and Kyoko but they didn't get as much attention as Chinatsu and Akari. I've always felt that the Yui and Chinatsu interactions have been lacking and I'd rather have her be with Akari as they have fun moments together. Glad Akari got her revenge on Chinatsu. Ayano and Toshino are so cute!

Articalys

Are Funi's subs for Hidan no Aria AA shit? Seriously, translating "senpai" or "onee-sama" as "Raika."
Just one of those things that come down to localization preference in translation style, I guess. Though I'm with you that I don't like a character name being used when it's not used in the original. Or straight translating any occurrence of "-san" into Mr/Ms/Mrs, even among classmates, which I think Aniplex's subs have been guilty of before.

Good thing I don't have an LINE account (and don't really use SMS-style apps in general), because I would waste so much goddamn money on stickers.

javac

0644dYp.png
New releases for 17th November 2015.
Blu-ray
Black Lagoon Complete Series + OVA Premium Edition Blu-ray [FUNimation]
Run Time: 600 min
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 / Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1
Subtitles: English
Format: Six-disc set (5 BDs (50GB), 1 DVD)
Price:
BD Premium Edition @ Rightstuf.com: $67.49
BL0rzjEm.jpg

5pPs5aYl.jpg

Buddy Complex: The Complete Series [FUNimation]
Run Time: 375 min
Audio: Japanese
Format: Five-disc set (2 BDs (50GB), 3 DVDs)
Price:
BD/DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $41.24
5ZKWQtGm.jpg

Gatchaman The Movie [Sentai]
Run Time: 110 min
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 / Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Format: One-disc set (1 BD)
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $25.99
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $19.49
G5oxbQVm.jpg

Invaders Of The Rokujyoma!?: Complete Collection [Sentai]
Run Time: 300 min
Audio: Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Format: One-disc set (1 BD (50GB))
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $38.99
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $32.49
YuGtBJEm.jpg

Sword Art Online II Volume 3: -Calibur- [AoA]
Run Time: 75 min
Audio: English / Japanese
Subtitles: English / Spanish
Format: One-disc set (1 BD (50GB)) (+ 1 Soundtrack CD with Limited Edition)
Price:
Limited Edition BD @ Rightstuf.com: $59.98
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $39.98
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $29.98
Tjqmjh9m.jpg

dG9aluZl.jpg

The Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki (Amazon Exclusive) [Disney]
Run Time: 1234 min
Audio: Japanese / English
Subtitles: English / English SDH / French
Format: Twelve-disc set (12 BDs (50GB))
Price:
BD @ Amazon.com: $215.00
sn7UqY0l.jpg

Back by popular demand because?
What's everyone getting this week?

Tuck

Ping Pong - 1
The art style is ugly.

The main character is horrible.

But the ping pong match at the end was kinda neat.

Don't worry, I'll keep watching.

javac

Is that Miyazaki set legit?

I haven't seen a comparable NA edition.

If you're asking if the set itself is genuine, it is indeed a genuine product from Disney. If you're wondering if the vendor is legit and not third party, that too is 100% sound. Shipped and sold by Amazon. Looks like a nice set all in all :)

Contents:

TUSR

Banned
If you're asking if the set itself is genuine, it is indeed a genuine product from Disney. If you're wondering if the vendor is legit and not third party, that too is 100% sound. Shipped and sold by Amazon. Looks like a nice set all in all :)
Was wondering if the quality and everything was there, the UK has gotten some gorgeous Miyazaki sets. I'll take a good look when I get to my desktop.

javac

User Lnds500 over at Blu-ray forum has a nice compilation on the image and sound qualities of each regions release, unfortunately it was last edited on 08/17/2014 and as such isn't complete. The UK and US have seen releases of Porco, Mononoke, Spirited Away, The Wind Rises, Kaguya and Marnie (sans UK) since. I own the UK and Japanese releases for the Ghibli films and the UK releases are generally okay bar a few of the first ones (Nausicaa, Whisper of the Heart etc). To be honest the DNR doesn't bother me too much, to a certain extent I count myself lucky :p.

The thread still has active discussion granted it's a lot to comb through.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=198117

Noirulus

Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Eps. 1 - 7

The title LIED, I thought this anime would be about the main character trying to pick up girls in a dungeon. Instead, what I got was your typical oblivious, generic shonen hero stumbling upon random girls who fall in love with him. What the fuck, anime. That's a low blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom