• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

For a new page:

Alright, the next "Lets Watch" is up. It's differnt from what I stated before, but a little birdie reminded me I skipped on and there was still confusion in regards to Rozen Maiden, so here it is:

Kids on the Slope!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=185686919#post185686919

This is a good one, so eeryone that hasn;t seen it should join in because I know there isn't much airing during the week anyhow!

hp4xfAm.gif

Come join us friends!!!

Generate

Banned
For a new page:

Alright, the next "Lets Watch" is up. It's differnt from what I stated before, but a little birdie reminded me I skipped on and there was still confusion in regards to Rozen Maiden, so here it is:

Kids on the Slope!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=185686919#post185686919

This is a good one, so eeryone that hasn;t seen it should join in because I know there isn't much airing during the week anyhow!

hp4xfAm.gif

Come join me Friends.

Great series. Enjoy!

Bakemonogatari Limited Edition Blu-ray is being reprinted and is expected to be released in January 2016. $149.98

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Bakemonogatari-Blu-ray-Complete-Set-S-Limited-Edition

This has the subtitled commentaries, right? Maybe I'll get it...

lol no. As a sports series its a minor miracle Haikyuu is getting a release at all.

It's not really a minor miracle when Sentai will license and release literally anything (in crappy quality).

Generate

Banned
Osumatsu-san 07

The first skit was really great, probably my favorite one so far. The second skit was pretty bad though, even if it was a great example about how good the show looks overall.

Oh well show still provides 5x more good reaction faces then any other show

Oh fuck no. This show deserves so much better then fucking Sentai. Disgusting.

Honestly, Sentai does a very good job with its LE's.

Generate

Banned
I'm speaking about their dubbing quality.

Honestly, dubbing quality is an overrated thing. There is a very limited amount of talent in the english dubbing community currently working for licensing companies by the nature of how niche anime is. I am sure Sentai does the best it can to match voices and character personalities. It will never match the japanese seiyuus.

Honestly, dubbing quality is an overrated thing. There is a very limited amount of talent in the english dubbing community currently working for licensing companies by the nature of how niche anime is. I am sure Sentai does the best it can to match voices and character personalities. It will never match the japanese seiyuus.

I don't really agree. Sentai is still seemingly stuck in the 90s era of rushing a dub when others, especially Funimation, have improved. A good dub goes a long ways for the series gaining traction in the West.

Or maybe not, shows with Sentai dubs are still popular.

Osomatsu-san - 07

Found the first segment to be pretty funny. The longer one at the end had a few moments where I chuckled, but the overall length made them too far between.
What stood out to me the most in this, beside the facial expressions, was the backgrounds. The focus of nature instead of the usual urban city and interiors was refreshing.

javac

As part of what they dub the Crunchyroll Library Expansion Project, Crunchyroll are adding more titles to their library. Space Adventure Cobra was the first to be announced with five more titles being added this week but the entire list is available. All from Nozomi Entertainment:

Cat's Eye
http://www.crunchyroll.com/cats-eye
yBOhlUn.jpg

Available Regions: United States and Canada

Fantastic Detective Labyrinth
http://www.crunchyroll.com/fantastic-detective-labyrinth
vjukmjY.jpg

Princess Knight
http://www.crunchyroll.com/princess-knight
ifq4fSM.jpg

Space Adventure Cobra
http://www.crunchyroll.com/space-adventure-cobra
ONjknK9.jpg

Audio: Japanese
Subtitles: English

Space Pirate Mito
http://www.crunchyroll.com/space-pirate-mito
yyBanlu.jpg

Yakitate!! Japan
http://www.crunchyroll.com/yakitate-japan
cHBpT42.jpg

Nozomi Entertainment
http://www.crunchyroll.com/publisher/nozomientertainment

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yakitate!! Japan will always be a big disappointment to me. So much potential wasted.

Just watch the first series.

Kids on the Slope 01

That was a pretty great introductory episode, a lot of stuff happened but it flowed very naturally. There's an impressive amount of detail for the instruments, even compared to Euphonium. I'm not an animator but to me it would seem like Piano or Drums would be equally as hard to animate and detail as a trumpet or tuba due to the movement. Ok, maybe it's not as insanely detailed as Euphonium but it's pretty impressive nonetheless. Direction and music are on point but I guess that's to be expected.

Line_HTX

Shows with Sentai dubs are popular for reason's unrelated to the dub. No one is watching Akame ga Kill for the dub for example.

Dumb story and characters aside and why this show should not be popular as it is, I like Mine's voice and especially love Esdeath's voice, heh heh heh...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Asterisk

Kirin continues to be a moe sword-blob. Something about Kirin basically losing rubbed me the wrong way, too; it came off like she was straight up jobbing even though that's not actually what was supposed to have happened.

Kids on the Slope 01

That was a pretty great introductory episode, a lot of stuff happened but it flowed very naturally. There's an impressive amount of detail for the instruments, even compared to Euphonium. I'm not an animator but to me it would seem like Piano or Drums would be equally as hard to animate and detail as a trumpet or tuba due to the movement. Ok, maybe it's not as insanely detailed as Euphonium but it's pretty impressive nonetheless. Direction and music are on point but I guess that's to be expected.

Piano and drums are probably harder to animate than brass instruments due to the comparative amount of motion going on. A trumpet player is just pressing down a relatively small number of valves while blowing air, whereas a pianist is moving his hands all over the range of the keyboard. Most anime series which actually bother to accurately animate piano performance use CG hands to lessen the amount of work required (e.g., Nodame Cantabile). I don't believe Kids on the Slope used CG for the performances though, just 2D rotoscoping.

Firemind

Piano and drums are probably harder to animate than brass instruments due to the comparative amount of motion going on. A trumpet player is just pressing down a relatively small number of valves while blowing air, whereas a pianist is moving his hands all over the range of the keyboard. Most anime series which actually bother to accurately animate piano performance use CG hands to lessen the amount of work required (e.g., Nodame Cantabile). I don't believe Kids on the Slope used CG for the performances though, just 2D rotoscoping.
Nodame S1 doesn't use CG hands. The piano animation sometimes doesn't even last one second though. :lol

Line_HTX

Is the animation accurate relative to the piece that they're playing on piano? Like hitting the right notes? It sounds a little too picky, but I'm just curious as a person who used to play piano a lot.

Is the animation accurate relative to the piece that they're playing on piano? Like hitting the right notes? It sounds a little too picky, but I'm just curious as a person who used to play piano a lot.

I think when they go to the effort of close-up and high quality animation they tend to animate the correct notes being played. Shouldn't be too much extra effort at that point and it would suck if people would notice the difference.

Line_HTX

I think when they go to the effort of close-up and high quality animation they tend to animate the correct notes being played. Shouldn't be too much extra effort at that point and it would suck if people would notice the difference.

As long as they don't make it super obvious that they're playing the wrong notes it should be fine, haha

As long as they don't make it super obvious that they're playing the wrong notes it should be fine, haha

Well, I'd imagine that most musicians could easily notice it and, again, if you already went through the effort to make it high quality animation, why not take that next step. Animator's pride and all!

If nothing else, it would be helpful for the animation process anyways if you can have someone play the exact piece for reference and 'choreograph' it accordingly.

Cornbread78

Kids on the Slope 01

Wrong thread man, lol. Cross post it.

John Blade

Well...just looking at the list of what anime they're selling on RightStuff Christmas sales and this is what I have as of now.

Anime
Kobato Collection 1 (Get it)
Kobato Collection 2 (Get it)
ef ~ A Tale of Melodies Blu-ray season 1 (Get it)
ef ~ A Tale of Melodies Blu-ray season 2 (Get it)
Ghost in the Shell Blu-ray 2.0 Edition (Get it)
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit Complete Collection DVD (Get it but wait till the Blu-ray is on sale)
Penguin Drum Collection 2 Blu-ray (Get it)
Penguin Drum Collection 1 Blu-ray (Get it)
The Rose of Versailles Part 1 Limited Edition DVD (Maybe)
The Rose of Versailles Part 2 Limited Edition DVD (Maybe)
Inu X Boku Secret Service Blu-ray (Maybe)
Kurenai DVD (Maybe)
Vampire Hunter D OVA Blu-ray (Maybe)
Mazinger Edition Z The Impact! Complete Series DVD (Maybe)
My Beautiful Girl Mari DVD (Maybe)
Agent Aika DVD Anime Legends (Get it)
WAGNARIA!! Bundle (Get it)
Diebuster the Movie Blu-ray (Get it but wait for the other movie bundle till decide)
Towanoquon Blu-ray (Get it)

Music
Tetsujin 28 Collection 2 Music (Get it)

Manga
Ode to Kirihito Manga Part 02

Non Holiday sales I am getting

Anime
Zeiram II DVD (Get it for the LOL)
Zeiram I DVD (Get it for the LOL)
Miami Guns DVD 1 (Get it)
Miami Guns DVD 2 (Get it)
Miami Guns DVD 3 (Get it)

Just wondering if anyone here have an opinion of what other show to look into buying or if my choice is good or shit.

Phatmac

The first part was easily the best of the whole series so far. Seeing him treat all the other brothers like trash and trying to kick them out of the cafe was hilarious. Sadly the episode sucked in the second half with a boring skit with two badly drawn characters. Didn't get the appeal of that last segment. The first half was good enough to balance it out.

Starmyu Episode 7
CT81p-MUAAAU2cv.png
CT8iq68WwAAxh4v.png

Yes exactly what I wanted from Hoshitani.

In terms of music, another chance for us to hear KENN sing and he did good. Easily my favorite song on the ost thus far because of how they suddenly go into the dancing and singing and the dancing was pretty good.

Best Toraishi
tumblr_nxxmswOfBb1req4eqo1_540.png

Sterok

Yuru Yuri S3 7

Huh, Chizuru is still alive. Kyoko softening up on Ayano is the most jarring part of the season. Poor Akari is just Chinatsu's practice dummy. Though Akari finally gets a bit of revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom