• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Hyouka ep.1-3
So, I'm finally digging in so you all will leave me alone, lol. It should be a good balance anime between Accel World and this.

Interesting start right off the back with your standard antisocial and standoffish MC. Well, that is the initial feel of him anyhow. I wonder how long it will be before my perception of him changes. The mystery portions have been short and believable so far, but I guess the bigger mystery is with her uncle's story. Well, it looks like things are just getting started with Hyouka vol. #1,so along for the ride I go.

Jintor

i just watch yuruyuri for the japanese practice i swear

Hyouka ep.1-3
So, I'm finally digging in so you all will leave me alone, lol. It should be a good balance anime between Accel World and this.

Interesting start right off the back with your standard antisocial and standoffish MC. Well, that is the initial feel of hum anyhow. I wonder how long it will be before my perception of him changed. The mystery portions have been short and believable so far, but I guess the bigger mystery is with her uncle's story. Well, it looks like things are just getting started with Hyouka vol. #1,so along for the ride I go.

finally

Cornbread78

Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Eps. 1 - 7

The title LIED, I thought this anime would be about the main character trying to pick up girls in a dungeon. Instead, what I got was your typical oblivious, generic shonen hero stumbling upon random girls who fall in love with him. What the fuck, anime. That's a low blow.

The story your watching is only a prologue, he not even near his final form yet. Well, the show was still pretty good and your about to hit an awesome awesome episode that's really intense.

Plus, Hestia is the bestia.

Comet Lucifer Episode 6
Okay, this...THIS right here, and the "issues" causing this...
download.png
I don't care about at all.

Maybe I'm wrong there, but the love triangle they're pushing here is forced as all hell...

However...this guy
download_1.png

is great with his Gurren Lagann mech.

Hyouka ep.1-3

Interesting start right off the back with your standard antisocial and standoffish MC. Well, that is the initial feel of him anyhow. I wonder how long it will be before my perception of him changes. The mystery portions have been short and believable so far, but I guess the bigger mystery is with her uncle's story. Well, it looks like things are just getting started with Hyouka vol. #1,so along for the ride I go.

Holy shit I totally missed this. We've done it folks.

giphy.gif

I hope more people come to enjoy Hyouka.
It's amazing how for the past 2-3 months there is at least one member watching it and posting about it here. Lately we have had several members watchibg it though. I wanted to do a re-watch, ended up getting into Haikyuu, traveling, and now I'm full of school work so it has been postponed for the Christmas break.

Quasar

I hope more people come to enjoy Hyouka.

I have to wonder when it will ever get licensed. At this point is it still a matter of money, or is Kodasha/KyoAni still just uninterested in licensing it at all.

Of course now they will license it in SD only just to spite me. Just like tamayura and chihayafuru.

I have to wonder when it will ever get licensed. At this point is it still a matter of money, or is Kodasha/KyoAni still just uninterested in licensing it at all.

Of course now they will license it in SD only just to spite me.

Kadokawa has the Hyouka license; international licensing would be their responsibility.

Cornbread78

Just a public service reminder for a new page:

Alright, the next "Lets Watch" is up. It's differnt from what I stated before, but a little birdie reminded me I skipped on and there was still confusion in regards to Rozen Maiden, so here it is:

Kids on the Slope!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=185686919#post185686919

This is a good one, so everyone that hasn't seen it should join in because I know there isn't much airing during the week anyhow!

hp4xfAm.gif

Come join us friends!!!

Line_HTX

Submitted some coursework, phew! Guess I can relax and watch something tomorrow...who am I kidding.

You're doing great work getting the word out on weekly BD releases all condensed into one post.

I like looking at how well you presented every release.

javac

You're doing great work getting the word out on weekly BD releases all condensed into one post.

I like looking at how well you presented every release.

No prob! It helps keep my mind off of things and helps keep others notified on whats out which is always a good thing. I didn't post an update last week (and maybe even the one before, everything's a blur) because I was just so overburdened with work which is why this week I sat down, relaxed and watched some Ping Pong to treat myself a bit. All work and no play and all that. I'll try to be more active but even when I'm not I'll try to pop in give an update or two. Being away for a month or so makes you feel really out of the loop!

jbug617

Banned

11/7 Sales Highlights (There is more on sale in the link)

Watamote Bluray for $24.49
Kids on the Slope Bluray for $24.49
MM! Bluray for $24.49
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Bluray for $29.99
Samurai Girls Bluray for $24.49
AKB0048 Bluray for $20.99
Sakura Wars DVD for $10.49

javac

Speaking of sales, JB Hi-Fi have a 20% Off Siren Visual sale.
My top picks:
Kaiba
Run Time: 290 mins
Audio: Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
Subtitles: English
Format: DVD (Two Disc-set)
Region: 4
Price: $14.99 AUD (10.62 USD / 7.00 GBP)
I3SNYIv.jpg

The Tatami Galaxy
Run Time: 270 mins
Audio: Japanese: Dolby Digital 5.1
Price: $28.79 AUD (20.40 USD / 13.44 GBP)
b556eO5.jpg

House Of Five Leaves
Run Time: 270 mins
Price: $23.98 AUD (16.99 USD / 11.20 GBP)
6rkLZUj.jpg

Mononoke
Run Time: 276 mins
Price: $19.18 AUD (13.59 USD / 8.96 GBP)
tXtzYtP.jpg

Dennou Coil - The Complete Series
Run Time: 640 mins
Format: DVD (Five Disc-set)
Price: $38.38 AUD (27.19 USD / 17.92 GBP)
LlQNP2b.jpg
More available. Link to the sale: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/20off-svanime/

Tizoc

Space Adventure Cobra Episode 1
download.png

So this show might contain just about everything I need in my life.

Space, Sexy Androids, Roguish Heroes, futuristic cities of questionable legal fortitude.

It's all there in just the first episode.

And it feels so damn good.

Dante from Devil May Cry was inspired by Cobra. IIRC they even had a character model resembling Cobra during early development of DMC1.

ibyea

Banned
The Perfect Insider: 5-6
Eh, things have slowed down to a crawl. Most of episode 6 feels like a recap episode, with things getting interesting only in the last few minutes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Good thing I don't have an LINE account (and don't really use SMS-style apps in general), because I would waste so much goddamn money on stickers.

Free coins means I haven't spent a penny on it and I never will.

0HEdF6R.png

Also you lot are missing the most important items after Kill Me Baby in this sale:
Xenoglossia 1 and 2!

(Someone send them to me)

ibyea

Banned
Kyousogiga: 1-2
Wow, what an incredible first episode, just plain incredible, and its second episode is really good too. Show makes me feel like I am watching some sort of old folklore being told or something. It tells the story of a family with such emotions and flair, and there is so much flair with its bonkers direction and visual. The show is simultaneously very funny and one of the most bittersweet experience, and it has this frantic feeling that at the same time doesn't feel rushed at all. Legit impressed.

T-Rex.

Banned
I've been off sick from work which has given me the time to start (and finish) Unlimited Blade Works and Fate/Zero and I have to say I've been blown away by just how great the series is. I started watching on Friday and I basically blitzed my way through it because I got hooked on the story and characters. The animation, especially in Unlimited Blade Works, is stunning. It's so slick. This is in my top 3 of all time for sure now.

Any recommendations on what I should watch next if I loved this series?

Diamond is Unbreakable in April!

Josuke: Yuki Ono (Wataru Hatano in ASB previously)
Koichi: Yuki Kaji (Romi Park previously)
Okiyasu: Wataru Takagi
Rohan: Takahiro Sakurai (Hiroshi Kamiya)
Jotaro: Daisuke Ono

Director: Naokatsu Tsuda
Series Director: Toshiyuki Kato
Chief Director: Yuuta Takamura
Series Composition: Yasuko Kobayashi Character Design: Terumi Nishii
Stand Design/Action Animation Director: Kenta Mimuro
Sub-Character Design: Shun'ichi Ishimoto
Prop Design: Yukitoshi Hōtani
Art Setting: Kaoru Aoki, Junko Nagasawa
Color Key: Yuko Sato
Art Director: Shunichiro Yoshihara
Director of Photography: Kazuhiro Yamada
Editing: Kiyoshi Hirose
Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
Music: Yuugo Kanno
Animation Production: David Production

NvJYxr4.jpg

NvJYxr4.jpg

That's way sooner than I expected.

Grexeno

NvJYxr4.jpg
AOTY 2016

Cornbread78

I've been off sick from work which has given me the time to start (and finish) Unlimited Blade Works and Fate/Zero and I have to say I've been blown away by just how great the series is. I started watching on Friday and I basically blitzed my way through it because I got hooked on the story and characters. The animation, especially in Unlimited Blade Works, is stunning. It's so slick. This is in my top 3 of all time for sure now.

What did you love most about UBW, the story, the battles? Have you seen something like Campione! or Samurai Bride?

Kyousogiga: 1-2
Wow, what an incredible first episode, just plain incredible, and its second episode is really good too. Show makes me feel like I am watching some sort of old folklore being told or something. It tells the story of a family with such emotions and flair, and there is so much flair with its bonkers direction and visual. The show is simultaneously very funny and one of the most bittersweet experience, and it has this frantic feeling that at the same time doesn't feel rushed at all. Legit impressed.

Of course you start it the week after we do a Let's Watch for it, lol.

phaze

More winter 2016 show announced.

Luck&Logic by Dogakobo.
http://luck-and-logic.com/

PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4RnZrSJw8s

This is not Love Lab S2.

Why is it not Love Lab S2 ?

I struggle to think of anything similar to F/Z but for UBW, you may want to give FMA: Brotherhood a try ? A long but one of the more highly regarded shounens with great production values.

So when does Araki break with the MotW format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom