• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Noragami Aragoto - 01

I think I'll pass on this one. Bishamon getting some more spotlight isn't anything I'm interested in as she's your usual "SO STRONG!—but also half naked" woman who bored the hell out of me so far.

It's also just that I've come to the conclusion that the world building is pretty poor in Noragami and I've lost interest in any mysteries potentially remaining. It also doesn't help that this show does some heavy handed foreshadowing or teasing and I'm fed up about this oh so different Yato of an age gone by or Yukine's pre-regalia life. Either show me what's that actual about now or fuck off with alluding to it every couple minutes.

But yeh, overall it seems to be just more Noragami, which is a problem for me since it fell from grace during the 2nd part of the first season.

New OP seems alright, which means it gets destroyed by the amazing first one. Similar can be said about the EDs.

That's my problem with the first episode. I don't care about the world, so having more world building/mythology building is enough for me to be bored of it. The first season was fine for me because it was an okay Gintama replacement... but of course, Gintama is around this time so there's less reason for me to watch.

javac

Funimation Fall 2015:
New Announcements:

Previous Announcements:
Funimation.com

-------
Funimation's Justin Rojas and brand manager Jennifer Fu stop by to announce some new fall simulcast shows, tell us what's up with Evangelion 3.33, discuss what it takes to sell anime to Americans, and much more!

ANNCast Tidbits:

• Shows that have done well for Funimation this year sales wise: Dragon Ball, Tokyo Ghoul (did really well when it comes to streaming), Fullmetal Alchemist (BD just came out, doing really well), older titles like Akira and Wolf Children continue to sell.
  • Unexpected successes: Freezing Vibration (one of their top performers for the past 6 months), Space Dandy, Hyperdimension Neptunia, 009 Re-Cyborg (big surprise, believe that the talent behind it is compelling people to pick it up as well as nostalgia).
  • Shows that did well with streaming: Overlord (done incredibly well), Shimoneta ('memeworthy show'), Snow White with the Red Hair (not many Shoujo titles come out which helps), Prison School, Gangsta.
    Consoles a boon for streaming numbers.
  • Broadcast Dubs: Doing really well for them, decided case by case.
  • Theater dates:
    • Ghost in the Shell: New Movie: Nov 10th, 11th & 16th
    • The Boy and the Beast: Winter 2015
    • Psycho-Pass: The Movie: 2016

Q&A:
  • FREE -Eternal Summer- A big update for the release next week
  • Evangelion 3.33: Getting details locked in right now but it should be out by early 2016; still finalizing release dates & specifics. No theatrical, time has passed.
  • Evangelion TV BD: They don't have it.
  • Dragon Ball Super: They don't have the license, in fact nobody has it in the US right now.
  • Puchim@s: The reason why they have that and not the rest of the iDOLM@STER series is due to how the rights are distributed. Picked up mainly for simulcast season.
  • More event style theatrical releases in the US in the future. Some will be sub and some will be dubbed.
  • Speed Racer: Not sure on what materials they have at the moment, Blu-ray release planned.
  • Bandai license rescues: They have some materials for some titles, plans for some 2016 releases (announced back in 2013 back when they announced Bebop). No specifics but this is in regards to shows like Outlaw Star and Escaflowne. Stay tuned for more.
  • Space Battleship Yamato Resurrection: They don't have the license.
  • Full colored disc art: Some will, some won't.
  • Chipboard Box: FMA BD is not indicative in regards to their stance on them.
  • DBZ Kai: The Final Chapter : No new information.
  • One Piece films: They haven't acquired the new film but would like to do so.
ANNCast: A Funi Feeling

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio and Tora Episode 14:

Glad they are not doing that split cour nonsense and the lady of the week here was still not as tsundere as Tora is.

So I just found out that some of the arcs in Young Black Jack manga takes place in the Vietnam War.

That's pretty cool and interesting.

Can't wait for YBJ to air as well as Osomatsu-san. I need some good comedy this season.

Okay, this is worrisome.

....No one has the new season of Garo yet. Granded it doesn't start for a week I think....

...Oh please tell me Funi is just waiting to announce it tomorrow.

Don't do this to me.

Jex

That's my problem with the first episode. I don't care about the world, so having more world building/mythology building is enough for me to be bored of it. The first season was fine for me because it was an okay Gintama replacement... but of course, Gintama is around this time so there's less reason for me to watch.

Well its clearly more lore/god mythos focused but the real problem is the first episode had no flow. It was very...awkward, not only from an editing/tone strandpoint, but also on a story level. Bishamon once again wanting Yato dead feels weird considering how last season ended.

Eh.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Cinderella Girls 24

Uzuki is actually the best Cinderella Girl, confirmed and validated.

Move over Shakespeare, this post is the true comedy of errors.

MbbXGPH.png

Qurupeke

Well its clearly more lore/god mythos focused but the real problem is the first episode had no flow. It was very...awkward, not only from an editing/tone strandpoint, but also on a story level. Bishamon once again wanting Yato dead feels weird considering how last season ended.

Eh.

The thing I found most weird was that Hiyori still wanted to solve the problem with her body. I mean, the consensus in the last season was that if she cut off Yato and co, she would be normal. So why does she keep bringing this up when the solution is obvious but not good? It just keeps stressing Yato.

Ushio to Tora 14

Nana Mizuki's unbroken streak continues.

Tora is a boss and still the best part of the show, he pulled a Guts at the end there.

Idolmaster CG 24

Fuck so much catharsis. So this is the true 『Power of Smile』

I'm still not sure when this show actually ends. This was the finale...but there are more episodes? I don't get it.

Noragami S2 01

OP - Good, but doesn't live up to S1's godly one.
ED - I like it.

Man I cannot get away from Hiroshi Kamiya. Between Noragami, Prison School, Monogatari and One Piece Musou 3 he is everywhere for me.

A decent starting. First episode and Yukine already fucked up, nice. So Bishamonten has that Pokemon trainer mentality huh? Gotta pick up every regalia you see. OST is still strong, but they are reusing songs. The best ones, though.

I am not sure what to think of this Bishamonten shit because the OVAs made it look like they wanted to fuck? They were also drunk but whatever. I dunno.

Noragami Aragato 01

Really dig the OP. Also it's good to see Yato and everyone else back. Yukine isn't annoying in this one for those who are wondering lol. The first season was great and I can totally see this one being awesome as well.

Jex

The thing I found most weird was that Hiyori still wanted to solve the problem with her body. I mean, the consensus in the last season was that if she cut off Yato and co, she would be normal. So why does she keep bringing this up when the solution is obvious but not good? It just keeps stressing Yato.

Yeah the way it tied into the continuity of the last season was awkward to say the least. They were doing the whole 'reintroduce the audience' thing while also trying to tie up the fact that last season they invented a storyline out of thin air which diverged from the source material.

As mentioned above, when you take in the events of last season + the OVA it appears that Yato and Bishamon reconciled somewhat but then this week she's like "I have to kill that Yato guy".

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Eh.
Yep, that too. I probably would have been happier with that shitty bodyswap OVA episode as the first episode.

I'm glad to see Space Dandy is doing well here.

Hope that gets noticed over in Japan.

Believe friends. Believe that we'll get a movie!

We won't get a movie. ;_;

As mentioned above, when you take in the events of last season + the OVA it appears that Yato and Bishamon reconciled somewhat but then this week she's like "I have to kill that Yato guy".

The OVAs were bundled with manga volumes. So they were clear intended only for the manga readers familiar with the plot.

Its normal for Anime only viewers to be confused because the OVAs take place
after the Bishamon arc.

Sölf

I'm glad to see Space Dandy is doing well here.

Hope that gets noticed over in Japan.

Believe friends. Believe that we'll get a movie!

We won't get a movie. ;_;

I still have to buy S2.

Why is it so expansive here in Germany? 25€ per 3-4 episodes. ;___;

Idolmaster CG 24

Fuck so much catharsis. So this is the true 『Power of Smile』

I'm still not sure when this show actually ends. This was the finale...but there are more episodes? I don't get it.

This was Christmas Concert that concluded Uzuki's arc. Power of Smile/Winter Concert is the actual final episode, airs in two weeks.

Qurupeke

Something I forgot to post.

Bakemonogatari 1-4

First, I'd like to say that I didn't know anything about the series before I started it, other than it has many head tilts, a lot of dialogues and many scene cuts. And yeah, I can confirm all of these... It's quite a weird show and I'm no sure if it's a comedy or a drama or something entirely different. Also, I didn't know that it was so heavy on supernatural stuff or that it could be lewd sometimes, so this took me by surprise. All in all, I enjoy it but I find it quite different than anything I've seen so far. Oh and I like Senjougahara.

I hope I'll be able to finish all the monogataris before Owarimonogatari.

Something I forgot to post.

Bakemonogatari 1-4

First, I'd like to say that I didn't know anything about the series before I started it, other than it has many head tilts, a lot of dialogues and many scene cuts. And yeah, I can confirm all of these... It's a quite weird show and I'm no sure if it's a comedy or a drama or something entirely different. Also, I didn't know that it was so heavy on supernatural stuff or that it could be lewd sometimes, so this took me by surprise. All in all, I enjoy it but I find it quite different than anything I've seen so far. Oh and I like Senjougahara.

I hope I'll be able to finish all the monogataris before Owarimonogatari.

Well, you have like 20h to go.

javac

Prison School Feedback
Last week’s Broadcast Dub episode of Prison School generated significant feedback from anime fans. While the company is not able to answer each person individually, FUNimation does read and review all fan feedback, without exception.

In creating English dubs over the past 20+ years, FUNimation has always modified each Japanese script to appeal to Western audiences. This ensures that North American audiences can enjoy a high-quality viewing experience regardless of their familiarity with Japanese culture.

Neither the dialogue in our shows nor the personal statements of our actors or writers reflects the views or opinions of FUNimation. Official statements from FUNimation are only released via company owned channels (i.e., website and social media profiles) or newswire.

FUNimation will continue to pay close attention to fan feedback on Prison School and will take it into consideration in the future. FUNimation is committed to providing the highest quality entertainment possible.
Funimation.com

-----

Crunchyroll to Simulcast "MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS" Anime Series
Starts Sunday October 11 at 1:30am Pacific Time

The mighty magnificent Mobile Suit Gundam franchise returns to Crunchyroll in its latest anime incarnation as MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS is set to stream on Crunchyroll every Sunday starting October 11 at 1:30am Pacific Time. The official show page (which is not live yet...we know) will be www.crunchyroll.com/g-tekketsu.

MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM Iron-Blooded Orphans will be available to Crunchyroll members in the following territories: United States, Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, South Africa, the Middle East, and North Africa.
Crunchyroll.com

-----
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day and Occult Academy OOP.

And the good folks at NIS America informed us of two license expirations this week. As of now their licenses for both Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day and Occult Academy have officially expired and both of these titles are now sold out at wholesale and OOP. We currently have stock on both the Anohana TV SE and the Occult Academy BD SE, but I'm sure that won't last long (especially with Anohana) so grab a copy while you still can!
RACS

Qurupeke

I hope I'll be able to finish all the monogataris before Owarimonogatari's last episode.

I thought it was next week. :/

K Return of Kings Episode 1
CQVuW8KWwAAsLKz.png

Excellent start to this K season, it feels just as awesome as the first anime and the movie. Even better it looked like the characters were having tons of fun. The opening moments seemed to be an adaptation of the opening of the first season though this time with the blues fighting and Homra. Key showdowns with Yata were amazing on his skateboard going not only on ground but also on the walls of the building. His skateboard even magically returned.

Plot continued the movie plot with the Green Jungle Clan of internet enabled powered folks.I like the idea of Homra and Scepter4 teaming up for this. Everyone looks great.

I cant wait to see where this goes.

The worst part of a new season is trying to figure out when everything airs. I hope I don't end up watching 5 shows in one day like Friday last season.

Ascheroth

Gintama - 291

0z1fV22.jpg

Why are all the female characters in Gintama so badass?

So the Mutsu and Sakamoto arc concludes in a nice fashion, but the highlight of the episode was the random rambling at the end of the episode.
YBfbmxI.jpg

Sounds about right.

Leave it to Gintama to make fun of itself, its audience, its studio and all the anime with production issues last season.

Noragami Aragoto - 01

I think I'll pass on this one. Bishamon getting some more spotlight isn't anything I'm interested in as she's your usual "SO STRONG!—but also half naked" woman who bored the hell out of me so far.

I think this season is supposed to be the "Bishamon arc", explaining what happened in her past between her and the MC, so you would have a lot more of her, in case you continue.

Phatmac

Gintama - 291

So the Mutsu and Sakamoto arc concludes in a nice fashion, but the highlight of the episode was the random rambling at the end of the episode.

Leave it to Gintama to make fun of itself, its audience, its studio and all the anime with production issues last season.
One of the best hidden facts is that most of the Gintama girls are great that have little to no fan service that is replaced by them kicking more ass than the guys most of the time. I hope more of the still shot skits are done so we get more Ginko aka female Gintoki. She's great.

Makikou

Heavy Object 01
That weapon-design is the ugliest i have seen ever.
Struggled through this episode, feels VERY run of the mill show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom