• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
so

Bakemonogatari 01-12

This is how far I've gotten since your recommendations 1-2 days ago.

Really loving it, beautiful artstyle with some intriguing stories.
Every arc seems to have a nice sense of finale on the end of it also.

Hopefully I'll get to owarimonogatari sometime next week.

so

Bakemonogatari 01-12

Bakemono is actually 15 episodes. Make sure you watch the last 3. They aren't on Crunchyroll.

JulianImp

so

Bakemonogatari 01-12

It's always good to see more people hopping into the series. It definitely isn't for everyone due to the focus on dialog, strange aesthetic and the fanservice, but it's definitely my favorite series by far exactly because of how well it weaves a captivating narrative by merely having the characters talk and interact with each other.

Sölf

It's going to be really fascinating experiencing a new Gintama OP as it airs for the first time next week.

I expect nothing, since it can be anything. And since I have no idea about the manga, they can tease pretty much all arcs again. xD

Heavy Object 01

I need to stop. Bad name. Bad show. Fuck me. I blame Hearthstone. I can't watch Monogatari while playing that, I will miss half the dialogue.

javac

I've never really watched more than a single show at a time, but I might break that trend today, I'm in the mood for something different. City Hunter 3 perhaps? We shall see.

Go_Ly_Dow

If you're tired of the usual shit then give Monogatari a chance.

The OT is already of to a great start. Great to see how everyone is still so invested after all these years.

Priz

I've never really watched more than a single show at a time, but I might break that trend today, I'm in the mood for something different. City Hunter 3 perhaps? We shall see.
No, not City Hunter 3! ok, I haven't seen much CH3 but I remember it was either 3 or '91 that my friends started really hating the show and dropped off like flies. Granted this was 25 years ago or so when it was airing and we were renting the tapes at Video Eye in the Yaohan grocery store... but... (Man, I just remember loving City Hunter 2 and a friend at High School telling me that the two-part episode where Kaori got brainwashed was the most watched TV anime episode of anything anime that ever aired...) Man, I am old.

Jarmel

Banned
Tora Antics-14
iiH3ioE.jpg
First half was a kinda bad. How did she know all those details from prior incidents? Was someone recording this out of the bushes? Also thought it was pretty weird how easily he let go of the spear.

Tora still #1 waifu though.

pbayne

Finished Usagi Drop

Yep marathoned the shit out of that. Just brilliant.

I have to know, what happens in the manga that fucks it up? I have this perfect image in my head of how the series should progress that would make everyone happy.

Finished Usagi Drop

Yep marathoned the shit out of that. Just brilliant.

I have to know, what happens in the manga that fucks it up? I have this perfect image in my head of how the series should progress that would make everyone happy.
I bet that perfect image doesn't involve Daikichi marrying Rin.

Not that I care about Heavy Object, but why did you drop it?

The Objects themselves look retarded, none of the exposition interested me and a couple of minutes with the characters was enough for me to see that I couldn't give two shits about them. Did I drop it too early? Maybe. Will I regret dropping it? Most likely not lol. Plenty of other good stuff incoming. I'm glad I watched Heavy Object first because Noragami washed the bad taste from my mouth.

Cornbread78

so

Bakemonogatari 01-12

Something I forgot to post.

Bakemonogatari 1-4

First, I'd like to say that I didn't know anything about the series before I started it, other than it has many head tilts, a lot of dialogues and many scene cuts. And yeah, I can confirm all of these... It's quite a weird show and I'm no sure if it's a comedy or a drama or something entirely different. Also, I didn't know that it was so heavy on supernatural stuff or that it could be lewd sometimes, so this took me by surprise. All in all, I enjoy it but I find it quite different than anything I've seen so far. Oh and I like Senjougahara.
I hope I'll be able to finish all the monogataris before Owarimonogatari.

Monogatari is like nothing else and stands on its own two feet in an eccentric, crazy and amazing way. It's comedy, action, psychological, ecchi, harem and mystery all in on series, which is why it gets the praise it does. Enjoy the ride brother, but stay away from the Owarimonogatari OT until you get caught up so you don't spoil yourself. And yeah, Senjougahara is amazing..

javac

No, not City Hunter 3! ok, I haven't seen much CH3 but I remember it was either 3 or '91 that my friends started really hating the show and dropped off like flies. Granted this was 25 years ago or so when it was airing and we were renting the tapes at Video Eye in the Yaohan grocery store... but... (Man, I just remember loving City Hunter 2 and a friend at High School telling me that the two-part episode where Kaori got brainwashed was the most watched TV anime episode of anything anime that ever aired...) Man, I am old.

Haha yeah I've heard that CH3 isn't as well regarded as the first two however I'm just really missing the characters banter and I'm really craving more. I'm really needing a good smile right now. I'm a massive City Hunter fan so I really want to just finish the whole thing, and although you could say that CH2 is the end and move on, I'm finding it hard to resist! The OP for CH3 is so damn fun too :D

I loved that Kaori episode, man it must have been absolutely phenomenal to watch CH back in the day on VHS, renting the tapes and gossiping about each episode, man I'm very envious of that! Must have been an amazing experience.

How very nostalgic his voice is. I'm glad that he's apart of the series in some way.

Well...I guess this would make sense seeing as this is him in his younger years where his voice isn't as deep as it is in the TV series when he's a full-grown adult. Also I'm assuming the Narrator is older Black Jack telling the story. So I'm okay with this.

But still, that deep voice he had in the TV version will always be THE Black Jack voice to me.

Monogatari is like nothing else and stands on its own two feet in an eccentric, crazy and amazing way. It's comedy, action, psychological, ecchi, harem and mystery all in on series, which is why it gets the praise it does. Enjoy the ride brother, but stay away from the Owarimonogatari OT until you get caught up so you don't spoil yourself. And yeah, Senjougahara is amazing..

I can listen to the Monogatari character monologues all day. All goddamn day. The writing is just so good. As a matter of fact I feel like Monogatari is the perfect artistic package in anime, it's quite something else. Hence why I am so excited for tomorrow. People complain that the writer keeps putting stuff out. I complain that we don't get it animated fast enough.

Soma

man i've got no motivation to watch owarimonogatari for some reason

and this is coming from someone who loved the first season (and most of the following seasons to a lesser extent)

i still haven't even watched hana or tsuki either

pbayne

i feel your pain

Anime is really good. Don't ever touch the manga.

If you want more shit like that, though, you should watch Barakamon, next. I actually vastly prefer Barakamon. It's such a feel-good show.

Cheers dude you're actually the second person to recommend Barakamon but I've seen it. I dunno which I prefer yet though hearing that manga ending left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Cornbread78

and this is coming from someone who loved the first season (and most of the following seasons to a lesser extent)

Did the last couple episodes you watch leave a negative impression?

You should watch Hana and Tsukimonogatari asap since you are missing out on the cutest and funniest snowball fights ever.

fertygo

At least watch Hana, its damn good too.

Cornbread78

Cheers dude you're actually the second person to recommend Barakamon but I've seen it. I dunno which I prefer yet though hearing that manga ending left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Actually, if you liked Usagi, watch Aishiteruze Baby. It is really well done as well. Now, "Listen Girls, I am your Father" has a really good story and properly depicts the struggles that that situation can cause., However, it is hampered by the sexual exploitation of under age children. It's nothing outrageous (pedophile shit), just annoying otaku shit that makes you cringe in a couple places and destroys what should be a really good story.

Phatmac

God damn the drama during the sixth episode of Kekkai Sensen hit me hard. I haven't teared up over a hamburger in a long time. This show is rad. Hope I can catch up before tomorrow.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Actually, if you liked Usagi, watch Aishiteruze Baby. It is really well done as well. Now, "Listen Girls, I am your Father" has a really good story and properly depicts the struggles that that situation can cause., However, it is hampered by the sexual exploitation of under age children. It's nothing outrageous (pedophile shit), just annoying otaku shit that makes you cringe in a couple places and destroys what should be a really good story.

k

Busaiku

Barakamon isn't really like Usagi Drop.
Or Yotsuba&!.

Just cause there's a little girl in the series doesn't make them similar.

Cornbread78

No Nudity, rape, etc.

The panty shot was enough to piss me off here if you remember my post about the show at all, however, let's not go into this at all. That was a warning for him in case he is sensitive to it like so many others, but wants to watch something similar.

Aishiteruze Baby is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom