• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

LOL, hilarious! I understand the complaints about Etotama being way too frantic, but if you just sit back, relax and chill watching it is just a fun show. Env through some terrible humor, the show made you smile because of how out there it was. Just plain fun, and it is a shame it sold next to nothing and wasn't highly regarded.

Wait, have you seen Kids on a Slope yet?

Yep! I just genuinely had fun with it. Plus, I like Akio Watanabe character designs.

And yes I have. Watched it when it aired!
?

baiting isnt allowed

i genuinely want all three

I'd quite enjoy a Mahouka S2.

For as fun/dumb as the show got at the end of the first season, I can only imagine how much more like God onii-sama becomes.

Also we'd get another Taku Iwasaki OST, which is something i'm always 100% down for.

zulux21

Certainly can see where a lot of Foodwars came from even with just a few episodes.

yup. Yakitate is a great show though. Far less ecchi than soma though sadly the characters become mere shells of themselves by the end defined basically by just their major traits, but it's still a fun ride from start to finish as the comedy is great.

it's one of the few japanese dub only released anime I own as I typically only buy dubbed anime, but it holds a special place in my heart and I needed to own it.

Jesus, Yuno from Mirai Nikki is unequivocally best girl. Through some strange chance of fate, out of the hundreds of anime I've watched I've never encountered Yandere. I think I'm leaving my fiance.

I don't like Yandere's but I'm finding it hard to disagree. There was something strangely endearing about her despite her psychotic tendencies.

I am currently watching watching World Trigger and I am at episode 41. I wasn't so sure at the start since the animation was not so great and the reason why I was watching the show (Kuga) wasn't getting enough screen time. Buuut as I passed a few episodes I think my complaints are mainly ok now since well both Kuga and the animation in fights are great. Apart from the too long recap I am really enjoying it.

Btw death star Chika is awesome.

Tantei Team KZ Jiken Note Episode 7
CUGkprXWUAABAoQ.png
CUGjBpAW4AQ1RTr.png

They make some really good poses.

The meeting with Sunahara will be good as we will finally see why they hate him so much and if its justified.

Aaya needs to be in an otome though.

Qurupeke

Gintama° 33

I feel like Gintama is killing it with the jokes lately. The episode was hilarious. I'll miss them when we enter the Shogun arc.

jbug617

Banned

11/18 Sales Highlights (There is more on sale in the link):

Fantasista Dolls Bluray for $20.99 (DVD for $17.49)
Kokoro Connect Bluray for $24.49 (DVD $20.99)
Kokoro Connect OVA Bluray for $13.99 (DVD $10.49)
La Storia della Arcana Famiglia Bluray for $24.49 (DVD $20.99)
Mardock Scramble: First Compression Bluray for $8.00 (DVD $6.00)
Mardock Scramble: Second Combustion Bluray for $8.00(DVD $6.00)
Mardock Scramble: Third Exhaust Bluray for $8.00 (DVD $6.00)
Redline Bluray for $7.99 (DVD $5.99)
Say I Love You Bluray for $24.49 (DVD $20.99)
Gargantia on the Verdurous Plane Bluray/DVD for $43.99 (DVD $19.99)
Coppelion Bluray/DVD for $34.99
Brynhildr in the Darkness Bluray for $34.99 (DVD $20.99)
Blood Lad Bluray/DVD for $34.99
Special A DVD for $15.00

The Links go to the Bluray versions but I decided to add the DVD price also just in case some people would rather buy those versions.

Phatmac

A decent episode that picked up an older character for a new story. The second half was the best part as the manga style way the show presented itself got stale quick. Gotta love a gang of panty-loving criminals helping out with making manga. From Sorachi's needing friends ad I think we'd be good friends. Excited that next week is Tama centric as she has always had some great episode revolving around her relationship with Gintoki. If Tsukki didn't exist I'd ship GinxTama.

Redline blu-ray for 8 bucks? How can I say no

Oh well. Just thought the placement between the Shogun arc meant it was.

Gintama anime skips around with the manga all the fucking time. As is, there are a bunch of comedic arcs that are being skipped to get to shogun arc so soon. Hopefully they'll just be used as a break from the serious stuff before the following serious arc which happened right after in the manga, but could hypothetically be rearranged

Jesus, Yuno from Mirai Nikki is unequivocally best girl. Through some strange chance of fate, out of the hundreds of anime I've watched I've never encountered Yandere. I think I'm leaving my fiance.
Welcome friend.
You're here forever.

I feel like anyone sincerely interested in yandere characters has serious issues
I'm perfectly normal and I'll dissect anyone who alleges otherwise.

Phatmac

You probably mean Shachi, but it's kinda funny that the panty thief is the guy from episode 18 in the very first Gintama. lol
Yeah not the biggest fan of him so I forget his name easily. Holy crap I totally remember that panty thief episode. You've got some good memory!

Dance With Devils Episode 8

didnt expect that with the dog, at least his song and voice is great. Now I see those Shiki and Dog scenes in a different light

Shiki is the best the others are rude for always picking on him and being all mean, he cant help it that he loves pain.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm reading via results on Google that Rightstuf can actually ship internationally. Anyone have any experience with this?

jbug617

Banned
I'm reading via results on Google that Rightstuf can actually ship internationally. Anyone have any experience with this?

Here is what they have on their site.

International Customers

International shipments (excluding Canada) are sent via our shipping partners. If you would like us to use a specific carrier, please contact us in advance for an estimate. Canadian shipments are currently being shipped through FedEx. Sorry, if you are an international customer, we must ship to your billing address only.

International orders are sometimes held until all of the items in a particular order are in-stock in our warehouse. In situations when an international order has been held up by one or two items for several months, we will, at our option, ship the items that are currently available on that order and any other current orders to the customer without a partial shipping fee. Items will ship in the same box, to minimize customs charges.

Shipping companies may charge a fee for delivering your package to a foreign country. Such fees, taxes, and customs duties are not included in our shipping price, and are your responsibility. We will not be responsible for seized shipments, and cannot provide refunds for seized products. Please check to make sure you are in compliance with all local laws if you are ordering an adult product(s).
http://www.rightstufanime.com/policies

Ordered Madoka Rebellion from them back in April 2014ish, arrived without any issues. Fellow UK'er here, so you should be fine assuming nothing's changed since then.

Andrew J.

It's OK, if I looked at/watched everything with a jaded and synical view I would come to the same conclusions. However, even when I watch it a second time, I still appreciate it alot...

Also love the opening of episode 11; sweet to it's core.

I think SAO is melodramatic junk food even at its very best. I will say, though, in a world where so much anime features endlessly drawn-out romantic drama with characters so noncommittal they can't even voice their feelings, I appreciate Kirito and Asuna getting together and moving in with each other in relatively short order.

Ascheroth

Man, working the whole week on our semester project is tiring, but it's so satsifying seeing it take form (it's a game btw :) ).
Didn't even get to watching Fafner yet...

Anyway, first anime episode of the week goes to

Gintama - 298

I love the manga-episodes. Akurogi Musai and the Gorilla mangaka (no, not Sorachi, the other one :p) are always hilarious.

jbug617

Banned
Sentai announced they got Utawarerumono OVA
http://www.sentaifilmworks.com/news/sentai-filmworks-licenses-utawarerumono-ova
Sentai Filmworks is proud to announce its latest acquisition, Utawarerumono (OVA). This comedic fantasy anime consists of a group of side-stories to supplement the first entry into the Utawarerumono universe. Fans of the original series will recognize many characters as they run into more adventures and mischief.

Kenichiro Katsura took the helm as director of the episodes, with scripting done by Takamitsu Kouno. Original character designs were provided by Tatsuki Amazuyu, with sound direction by Takatoshi Hamano. Animation production was handled by AQUAPLUS and Chaos Project.

Utawarerumono (OVA) will be available domestically through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow.

I finished Mirai this morning. Binge watched the whole thing. Feels train almost hit me at the end, I think it was one good soundtrack and a little pacing off from tearing me up. I'll probably call it a day at work around 4 and go watch the OVA. I wish I could give it a rating, but it's hard to accurately judge a show this long when you binged it. I had a similar issue with Akame ga Kill - first watch through FELT like a 10/10 but going back it ended up being more of a 7.5

JulianImp

I think SAO is melodramatic junk food even at its very best. I will say, though, in a world where so much anime features endlessly drawn-out romantic drama with characters so noncommittal they can't even voice their feelings, I appreciate Kirito and Asuna getting together and moving in with each other in relatively short order.

I only wish Asuna could've staid as a bit more self-sufficient rather than getting stuck as little more than Kirito's loving bride. For example, I'd have liked to see her embark on the Mother's Rosario arc for reasons other than becuase Kirito wasn't even trying during his duel. Also, am I misremembering things or didn't Asuna finally gain the strength to confront her mother thanks to Kirito (or memories she had of him)? More autonomy for the side characters would've probably resulted in a much more enjoyable show for me, since I loathe the kind of protagonists that warp every single thing in the show around themselves. I can tolerate super-ultra-awesome-to-the-max protagonists like Kirito, but only as long as the supporting cast isn't put on a leash and we're constantly reminded by every single character that the MC's the one who runs the show.

I mean, every single recurrent female character in the show has a crush on Kirito after being showed his manliness, coolness and overall awesomeness (because girls always want to be rescued, even if they don't admit it at first!), and Klein is only there as a stupid moron that is the butt of all jokes and keeps looking up to our awesome MC. At least the blacksmith guy is allowed to do his own thing, but then again the show probably doesn't give a damn about him precisely because his life doesn't revolve around good old Kirito. I've got to agree that pairing Kirito with Asuna early on was nice though, if only to avoid all the ridiculously stupid harem antics we probably would've seen otherwise.

...Oh, and talking about SAO again just reminded me that in some OP where they showed a couple scenes for each character, Silica's got to show how she was grabbed and held upside-down by a tentacle plant monster, which speaks volumes about how ridiculously shallow her character is (along with Liz's, I guess).

Kirito and Asuna's relationship never felt genuine at all. You can probably blame the rampant timeskipping everywhere for that.

Why show any form of bonding or attachment when you can skip that shit and say it happened anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom