• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Akasaka; The Hill Dyed Rose Madder
(Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka)

So he has a full harem now and sis is upset that he is getting close to another girl (his family choose wife to be) uugghh, I hate that. At least the comedy got a little better, but this isn't a very good anime..

Prince of Stride will be fun.
CUTKE6hXIAAfMmR.jpg

Digimon Adventure Tri 01-04

Fuuuuuuck dat OP! The memoriessss!!! Even though they are in a complete different language from what I remember lol!

My main gripe was that the animation wasn't that great. As expected of Toei I guess, but I kinda hoped that it would be better since they delayed the episodes and turned them into these chunked releases instead.

Seeing the characters all grown up is weird after all these years aha. They look awesome though, they all look trendy, since they are teenagers and all. I liked the more serious tone that the show has. It's a shame that this isn't in Portuguese though because that is how I remember my Digimon from back in the day lol. I was still living back there when I was young, and I loved this series. The Portuguese dub for the show was excellent too.

Anyway this was awesome, it took me back. I'll continue watching these as they come, I just wish we had gotten these weekly instead of how they are doing it now. I mean, the show doesn't even look any better than any other mediocre-looking weekly release.

Fafner Exodus S2 Episode 21

I haven't posted here much but this episode, man. My words will suffer, I'm still overwhelmed.

They were SO close then all hell broke loose

WALTER ;_;

That Gregory type is overly creepy.

PUNISHED KAZUKI, A FALLEN PILOT

The sky is beautiful, motherfuckers. (Honestly it's been so long since I've seen Heaven and Earth I forgot all about Kurusu)

Cornbread78

Heavy Object ep.8
I still can't figure out why this show is so much fun, it just is. Battles are over the top but are fun and you can only guess what those two will come up with. Good ending too, take that douchebag.

McNagah

Kill la Kill is the best thing Trigger made

Little Witch Academia is actually the best thing.

Last night I finished Space Dandy, and I want to make a review of it. Before that I think I'm going to go ahead and watch the rest of the episodes of Digimon Tri. From the looks of this topic, I seem to be the only one who didn't really like the first episode. The episode took far too long to introduce every single character, and instead it would have been preferable to have only a single focus point right now. Still it's fun to see all the digi-destines again.

Fairy Tail Episode 260
download.png

What's this?

An episode of Fairy Tail that captures both the art, action, and humor of the series well? And is animated well?
Christmas came early boys!

Fun episode.

Narag

The Sacred Blacksmith 3
Another problem about this show is that Cecily is basically running around all slice of life while it feels like Luke's Hero's Journey is going in the background while being much more interesting.

Tuck

Kuroko no Basket - 10
Hype. As. Fuck.

I am noticing several similarities with Haikyuu!! such as the dynamic between the two leads and the opponents they are facing. Thankfully its not too glaring, and there are enough differences in events and cast that it doesn't feel like I'm watching the same show.

Line_HTX

Akasaka; The Hill Dyed Rose Madder
(Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka)

So he has a full harem now and sis is upset that he is getting close to another girl (his family choose wife to be) uugghh, I hate that. At least the comedy got a little better, but this isn't a very good anime..

This adaptation was pretty bad, and they went for many questionable things as it went along. The only reason I sort of watched it was because every girl had arguably the most high profile seiyus.

I hope LWA2 isn't demoted to "not as good as LWA1" in the collective consciousness. I liked LWA1 better, but the sequel is great in it's own right.

To me its more like "Ohh man what could they do with LWA with double the run length" and the answer was not as much as I thought.

Little Witch Academia is by and far the best thing Trigger has made. But Hackadoll? Hackadoll is worse than Kill la Kill, and I didn't particularly care for that.

Has anyone seen the Aku No Hana anime? It's easily in my top 5 manga that I've read, so I'm sure the anime doesn't live up to the it, but I'd like to hear if anyone else thought it was worth watching. Disappointing anime are the only bad anime for me.

Cornbread78

This adaptation was pretty bad, and they went for many questionable things as it went along. The only reason I sort of watched it was because every girl had arguably the most high profile seiyus.

Yeah, it's pretty lame. This while sister thing is starting to annoy me since you know they find out that they aren't blood siblings and run off together once mama and papa return or something stupid like that, blah.

McNagah

I still need to watch LWA2 as well, even though the original was my favorite.

Digimon Adventure Tri 02 - 04

BELifsj.jpg

Please Toei let this become a couple!

This movie got far harder to get used to because of the tone switch from the previous series. It was probably the most serious of all the Digimon series and it's trying to be ground into reality as possible. I think this works as both as a good thing and a bad thing. The most fun is watching all the digi destines have their own purpose and rebanding together. It's kind of insteresting to see them all grown up, even if I never saw the first series. My favorite character is Koushiro and him being embarassed around Mimi.

It's kind of hard to take it seriously because of the Digimon themselves. The Digimon feel like cartoon characters and they were always there to go on an adventure. So when events like the news claiming the Digimon are the bad guys and nobody really doing anything about them it's hard to take seriously.

The Digimon fights are well done! The best fight in the entire movie was watching all the monsters fight the giant insects. I'm sort of curious why they are much stronger now.

Also, because Alphamon is still alive, does this mean that the main characters in the second Digimon series die? I really hope not because I grew up more with it then the original Digimon.

Edit: Thanks Metroid, one day I promise to master Neogaf.

ibyea

Banned
Kyousogiga: 8-10, end
Anime dads seem to have this syndrome where they become the worst dads ever. In the end it did tie into the theme of the deep emotional wounds parents can cause to their children because
the dad suffered the same kind of situation as the the three siblings, left behind to fend for themselves and care for the world. And there is a satisfying conclusion to Yakushimaru's desire to die, finally finding a reason for living and deciding to be proactive instead of apathetic. If there is one thing I was disappointed by was that in the end Yase and Kurama were sort of sidelined, since they also suffered it would have been more poetic for them to be just as involved.
Overall this was a fantastic show filled with happy and funny moments along with the sad and bitter ones, written in perfect balance, never interfering with each other, something that often goes wrong in other animes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm starting to watch Young Black Jack after watching and enjoying the 2004 Black Jack. Why is this so much worse? Does it get better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom