• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valkyrie Drive 08

RXiFy0F.jpg
a6lpcnm.jpg

Revolutionary Girl Utena 02

I dunno guys. I am like, 95% certain that this is the same show.

Taruranto

The Sacred Blacksmith 2

Other big criticism about the show I forgot about was the utter lack of agency Cecily has. It's like making the damsel in distress archetype the actual MC.

This is the actual show that killed Madhouse.

Like after this their anime started to look like cheap as hell and sell like shieeet.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Subete ga f ni naru: the perfect insider 07

The english segment in this episode was painful to listen to. Had hoped they would get an english VA for shiki's sisters voice.
Other than that the mystery is still trucking along, liking it a lot.

Phatmac

Solid episode with best doll Ononoki stepping all over Araragi's face which is activating some kind of fetish for me. Kanbaru was extra cute this episode with the piggyback ride scene and her reaction to seeing the loli vampire slave. Is this the first time they've ever met each other? I can fully self-insert as Kanbaru this episode with her adoration of Shinobu. So cute!

e_i

Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid episode 7

It's a
woman
baby. I knew that
Akira was a woman. How the hell does she keep those things down.

Quasar

Tamayura film 3 trailer

http://youtu.be/BYxV0NB89l4

Really wonder how this will wrap up. Certainly going to be sad given it seemed to be aiming for the wedding and Matsuki Miyu has passed away. And already I'd been feeling this bittersweet feeling throughout it all.

Jarmel

Banned
Owari-8

Makes me realize how much I missed Kanbaru and Shinobu. The highlight of the episode was Kanbaru slobbering in the corner with how cute Shinobu is.

Phatmac

Feel bad for Tsukki and his disappointment with his big brother being a liar about the club. His view on the club isn't anything new but it does make sense with his cynical attitude towards the club due to his brothers' shortcomings. Glad Yamaguchi called out Tsukki for being lame recently as it contrast with their relationship so far. I'm curious about the newborn rivalry between Hinata and Tsukki. Man Tsukki was really tall as a kid. What did his parents feed him?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Haikyuu S2 08

Finally some motivation from Tsukishima. I'd like to see his strengths being the key to a few victories.
That scene was pretty awesome. However, I like how the show just harps on the importance of practice and the small things that can happen when you put your mind towards things IE the super third year still getting the point, but shying away from confrontation due to the block. Really good stuff.

Can't wait to see it all their practice culminate in an actual game.

Line_HTX

Owarimonogatari 08

This episode was channeling Nise with the foot fetish stuff. Someone couldn't contain themselves any longer. Always a contest to see who can humiliate Arararagi the most.

And that was totally a crab at the end. Maybe Gaen wasn't talking about what we think she was and those 5 apparitions are something different.

The director probably projects himself wanting to be punished by the likes of Senjougahara and Utaha's black hosiery, lolol

Owarimonogatari 08

This episode was channeling Nise with the foot fetish stuff. Someone couldn't contain themselves any longer. Always a contest to see who can humiliate Arararagi the most.

And that was totally a crab at the end. Maybe Gaen wasn't talking about what we think she was and those 5 apparitions are something different.

She saved him though, he got marked by her so other oddity hunters don't kill him.

Doll is the hero we need but don't deserve.

pbayne

Watching Tri is giving me an itch to re-watch the original digimon. I find it really weird getting used to the subs for Tri.

What is the original series best watched in, subs or dubs? I mean they didn't alter any story or characters in the dub did they? I know they localized it with a ton of awful jokes but that was part its charm to me.

phaze

Owarimonogatari 08

I think it's the first time I've seen camera set in the insides of a sock. Sasuga Shaft. I actually liked this episode quite a bit cause, Ononoki and Gaen banter is always immensely enjoyable to me and even Kanbaru is no slacker in this department. And with the new arrival at the scene this story got even more confusing. ( I don't remember Shinobu and Cat teaming up which I think was implied here ?)

Non Non Biyori 9-12 END
I generally stay away from SoLs but this was actually fairly enjoyable. Some bits do go for longer then they should and end up dragging but eh, the super likeable cast makes up for it. I was kinda expecting to hate Renge but to my surprise, some of the most enjoyable moments of the show came when she was present. Komari > all though.

Noragami 8
So why did Nora/Hiiro throw such a fit at the end of season 1 if it was all business as usual between her and Yato ?

End of season 1 was anime original material that doesn't fit into the continuity once they made a second season. It's awkward.

Yeah the anime original content is really conflicting with this.

Now Nora is
like someone who only sees him as part of the family and isn't really obsessed with him as much as her partner in crime

Watching Tri is giving me an itch to re-watch the original digimon. I find it really weird getting used to the subs for Tri.

What is the original series best watched in, subs or dubs? I mean they didn't alter any story or characters in the dub did they? I know they localized it with a ton of awful jokes but that was part its charm to me.

Subs all the way. The dub butchered everything. The story, the characters, the music, and more.

phaze

End of season 1 was anime original material that doesn't fit into the continuity once they made a second season. It's awkward.

Well yeah but wasn't the mangaka being consulted/ writing it himself ? Think I saw someone say it here at some point. In the case it's true, he should have written something less contradicting.

Ascheroth

Cavalry - 08

Hm, I'm slowly starting to lose interest in this. Can't say I care for Ayase or her backstory and the battles are also getting slowly old. The presentation of the action scenes is still pretty good, but it can't hide the fact that the actual content of them is pretty weak and samey. It was basically just swords clashing and a finishing move collision. Ehh.

Well yeah but wasn't the mangaka being consulted/ writing it himself ? Think I saw someone say it here at some point. In the case it's true, he should have written something less contradicting.

There was also the anime original content where they had what's her face forget about them, and other issues somewhat answered. And in S2 they pretended none of that happened.

Puruzi

Banned
Haikyuu S2 8

xrsJi7x.jpg

Oya Oya Oya

Tsukki used to not be a shit, but seeing how he turned out that way was a little sad. He looked a little like a skeleton when he almost blocked Bokuto lmao

Really nice episode, enjoyed it.

Jarmel

Banned
Haikyuu S2-8
BLkufxe.jpg

If you look closely you can actually pinpoint the exact moment his heart breaks in two.
Yep another great episode. There was some really good storyboarding and character animation. This soundtrack is so damn good and the sound director has been on point with the cues.
The second season is doing laps around the already excellent first.

Subbed, the dub cut/changed alot of things from the original.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Digimon Adventure TRI Episode 1:

I must admit I don't have much in the way of nostalgia towards this series since it was not a childhood favorite and I could never be arsed to ever listen to the Japanese version either. That being said, I like this episode, though I think anime has so decimated the high school setting that even if I were super into this, seeing the DIgidesteined as high schoolers is not all that interesting. Though I suppose this what I have found strange about this episode, the build is slow, very slow spanning the whole episode and the tone is quite serious; like I would have almost mistaken this for another series without the distinguishing marks.

yWCbp1L.png

pbayne

Subs all the way. The dub butchered everything. The story, the characters, the music, and more.

Cheers, I guess subs it is. Need to get used to Yamato etc instead of Izzy, Matt etc. Also...

YuYu Hakusho 1-4

I've kept this off for the longest time. Great start. Kuwabara MVP.

Line_HTX

Cheers, I guess subs it is. Need to get used to Yamato etc instead of Izzy, Matt etc. Also...

YuYu Hakusho 1-4

I've kept this off for the longest time. Great start. Kuwabara MVP.

That's what happens when 4Kids change the script and edits everything.

Yo, YYH, now that's a show with the dub done perfectly.

But Joe x Mimi is something everyone wants.

That is, until Tri now I guess.

A new girl appeared so that Taichi or Matt don't go out empty (depending on who's ultimately getting Sora) and Izzy (Koushirou) will get together with Mimi. Joe's girlfriend is probably real and gonna be important later down the line, too.

Really obvious where they're going with this, but then that's the least of their writing problems.

e:
By the way, coming from the German dub and then hearing Hikari be all "Oni-chan Oni-chan Oni-chan!" in tri was really strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom