• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

That is, until Tri now I guess.

A new girl appeared so that Taichi or Matt don't go out empty (depending on who's ultimately getting Sora) and Izzy (Koushirou) will get together with Mimi. Joe's girlfriend is probably real and gonna be important later down the line, too.

Really obvious where they're going with this, but then that's the least of their writing problems.

e:
By the way, coming from the German dub and then hearing Hikari be all "Oni-chan Oni-chan Oni-chan!" in tri was really strange.

The thing is, not even Takeru x Hikari is advancing. I hoped that all these years they would be closer than just friends. I really hope they'll resolve some of these. And yeah, I don't like the way they choose to treat Joe. Actually, it will be nice if his girlfriend is relevant and she's not a villain or a digimon...

And I agree about Oni chan, Felt so awkward. lol

jgminto

Haikyuu!! S2 8
aeVx2Wo.png
kguS4Ew.png
jqCqfMV.png
Yamaguchi and Tsukki were so cute as kids. I felt pretty bad for Tsukki this episode, it doesn't feel good to lose faith in somebody you look up to. I'm glad he's finally joining the rest of Karasuno in experimenting with new techniques.

pbayne

Haikyuu 8

The way they hide the little giant, surely he must be important later. Like as a coach of a rival team or something.

Layed it pretty thick with the sun vs moon imagery this week. Can't wait to see Karasuno when everything clicks into place for them.

The thing is, not even Takeru x Hikari is advancing. I hoped that all these years they would be closer than just friends. I really hope they'll resolve some of these. And yeah, I don't like the way they choose to treat Joe. Actually, it will be nice if his girlfriend is relevant and she's not a villain or a digimon...

And I agree about Oni chan, Felt so awkward. lol

They never fucked according to 02, so I don't know what you were expecting.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 8:

Whatever potential this series had has just dissipated ever since they got to the capital and given us a example of why slice of life can be boring and terrible. I am done with this series.

Exalted

Utawarerumono Episode 8

Was ok, still charming but nothing really noteworthy hapened. While this episode didn't really expand the story, it looks like the next one might, and we might finally get an greater plot, judging by the post ending scene.

I find it amusing that the primary complaint of those watching the Utawarerumono 2 anime here are that it moves too slowly, whereas the complaint from the one person I've seen who's actually played the game is that the anime moves too quickly.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I find it amusing that the primary complaint of those watching the Utawarerumono 2 anime here are that it moves too slowly, whereas the complaint from the one person I've seen who's actually played the game is that the anime moves too quickly.

My problem is that I just don't care about any of these characters and thus I am not invested in their daily lives.

A lot of people watching the anime seem to not want to accept that it has largely been a slice of life show.

Exalted

While i don't mind slice of life in Utawarerumono 2 ,( it's relaxing to watch) i did thought it would be more like S1 which had huge battles and kingdom building.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Digimon Tri episode 1-OVA 1
alright, first episode and they're already fucking around with ships, because we know that the ending of 02 is now retconned they are playing around with the whole who will Sora end up with in the end, plus kairi and TJ having their drama stuff, they know exactly what they're doing.

RIP 02 digidestined, you were arguably the worse season, but also arguably the coolest digivolutions.

Haikyuu!! s2 Episode 8
tumblr_ny6qpu2Ym51s3dw0xo1_500.gif

Bokuto sounds great, actually perfect.Though I didnt like how they changed one of my favorite scenes from the manga.

tumblr_ny6qe5qXnO1r434abo1_500.png

TsukiHina levels incredibly high cause Sun & Moon. Gym 3 is delivering so much goods. Best positions, best developments, most vital of the team. Even Daichi knows it.

Jarmel

Banned

I think it's more that the episodic content hasn't been compelling in any way and so it feels like the show has been spinning its wheels rather than fleshing out the world or characters in any meaningful way.

foxuzamaki

I need to catch up on my monogatari, I last left off at hanamonogatari, but only watched one maybe 2 episodes cause just wasent in the mood at the time, so gonna start over on that

please tell me kizumonogatari has aired in theaters yet.

jett

D-Member
So I gave a HxH another shot! Gonna copy/paste my post from the HxH thread here, since I first brought it up in this thread.

I just finished an insane binge-a-thon of the entire show. I made a post about it in the general anime thread six episodes in, about I was not really feeling the show, and asked if I should stick to it. Man, am I glad I did. HxH won me over soon enough. This is pretty much my experience throughout the show:

DkfVMKJ.gif

What a great, emotional ride. The Chimera Arc is easily my favorite. The creator must surely be a Speaker for the Dead fan, thematically it reminded me so much of the book. At first I dismissed the show as average shonen, but it really is so much more.

Aside from the main ones, my favorite character was probably Bisky, just cuz she was just so dang funny.

Best moment gotta be episode 131. It's as close as I've felt to pure elation while I watching a movie or a tv show.

In the end it turned out being all kinds of awesome. I was also originally very unfair to its animation quality. It's extremely consistent in quality like you guys said, and some moments are truly spectacular. HxH in fact put me on an anime kick. I think I'm gonna go watch Gurren Lagann which I always heard great things about but never checked it out.

Haikyuu S2 08

Well if that wasn't an inspiring episode. Part of the reason why I love this series is because of how uplifting it is. Seeing these characters dealing with their personal struggles, finding meaning in them and learning life lessons as they play, man it's just so good. Can't wait to see this where this new sun and moon rivalry takes us. Tsukishima finally has his head in the game!

Should I skip past the early episodes of One Piece? Not feeling it.

You should skip the entire anime and read the manga instead and save yourself 1000 hours.

Alternatively, if you are not feeling One Piece, the go to answer is to go until Arlong Park and if you still don't like it, well you probably won't ever.

Canon

Banned
You should skip the entire anime and read the manga instead and save yourself 1000 hours.

Alternatively, if you are not feeling One Piece, the go to answer is to go until Arlong Park and if you still don't like it, well you probably won't.
I do remember liking the manga when we got Shonen Jump in the mid-2000's. But the anime is really boring. Do they add a lot of filler?

I do remember liking the manga when we got Shonen Jump in the mid-2000's. But the anime is really boring. Do they add a lot of filler?

As a long time massive fan of One Piece, here is my opinion on the anime.

The manga is far better. However, the anime is serviceable to a certain point, around the 300-400 range. Yes, that's 400 episodes of "serviceable" plus an extra 300 of "bad." It's not just filler, its a master class example of stretching your source material to the maximum limit. This only becomes apparent later, but the show looks poor, very little happens an episode, the recap + OP takes 7 minutes...and so on. It is really only worthwhile to watch certain moments. The voice acting is almost always spot on though, I can give them that.

I would skip it, but there are a few TV specials and movies (mainly 6, 10 and 12) that are worth watching.

Quasar

Asterisk 08

I swear I watched every episode of this and I still don't know what the fuck are those names they keep throwing at me. Genestella, prana, whatever. At least the fights are cool.

Well as I recall the former is the name for all the students who have magical powers. Prana sounds like mana, so I'm going to guess its power related.

Brave Beats Episode 6
CUYOYOBWUAAxMhV.png
CUYO9wfWUAEJ9ab.png

I can watch Flash Beat all day, hes so good.

Episode had a funny premise and funny first few minutes because of it. Then it went to a higher level with the dancing. Definitely one of the best Brave Beats episodes thus far.

Quasar

Yakitate Japan 1-24 - Burned my way through to the end of the newbies competition arc. Was pretty good. The heart versus science bit was interesting.

I found Tsukino odd though. Most of the time she acts as a unskilled manager, but every so often they say how she's a talented baker. Its odd. Really not fussed on her villainous older sister. She's too much mustache twirling and little else.

e_i

Kanamewo or "I banged a tree spirit loli"

Good. The unexpected yuri was surprise. The end was bittersweet though.

John Blade

Going through a Rahxephon watching marathon and it start to get interesting a bit as secret start to open up. Kinda sad of what happened in ep 19. Not a great way to found out the monster you attack is someone you know.

Seraph of the End Episode 19

NO WIT STUDIO!

YOU ANIMATE THINGS, AND THEN YOU PUT THEM OUT!

IT DOESN'T WORK THE OTHER WAY AROUND!

Okay to be fair, this wasn't quite as bad as the S1 final fight, and the moments where the plot was moving were somewhat tense.

That said, this episode had a lot of padding.

Can't be helped, according to the next few episodes title, i assume the plot that most anime watcher want to see won't start til episode 12.

foxuzamaki

It's coming out early next year as. Well part 1 is

What, I thought they were covering the whole thing in one movie, so its it like digimon tri situation? They already had a decent amount of animation done on it shown in like 2 or 3 teaser trailers literally years ago

So I gave a HxH another shot! Gonna copy/paste my post from the HxH thread here, since I first brought it up in this thread.

In the end it turned out being all kinds of awesome. I was also originally very unfair to its animation quality. It's extremely consistent in quality like you guys said, and some moments are truly spectacular. HxH in fact put me on an anime kick. I think I'm gonna go watch Gurren Lagann which I always heard great things about but never checked it out.

I watched all of HxH last month, I don't think I have ever cried as much as I did with the ending of the Chimera Arc, that shit was amazing.

Episode 135 > 131 > anything else ever.

Jarmel

Banned
Seraph of the End Episode 19

NO WIT STUDIO!

YOU ANIMATE THINGS, AND THEN YOU PUT THEM OUT!

IT DOESN'T WORK THE OTHER WAY AROUND!

Okay to be fair, this wasn't quite as bad as the S1 final fight, and the moments where the plot was moving were somewhat tense.

That said, this episode had a lot of padding.

Oh so the production fell apart again?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Utawarerumono is not slice of life. Every single episode has introduced key characters, divulged background on the world and characters, and builds in a pretty deliberate way. The most recent episode was an undercover mission on a party boat that ended with the boat sinking. Like...this isn't enough for people?

foxuzamaki

Digimon Adventure Tri episode 2-OVA1
I really liked the fighting and digivolutions this episode, the weird PTSD tai has seems kinda out of nowhere and needless but I like that they got the group back together mostly, I also don't really get the complaints about the animation, even if I was going to nitpicker angle, I haven't seen anything that deserves really much criticism, I guess for a movie it should probably have more budget than it does but I haven't seen anything bad, and the fight was animated well tho I did compare it to the greyman fight in digimon the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom