• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Asterisk webm looks like my kind of trash.
X60Xrpkl.png

Oh how the mighty have fallen. Narag enjoys shit now, haha

Canon

Banned
On episode 5 of Kokoro Connect. God damn is it good. Music is real nice too. This episode reminds me of the movie Saw and game 999 for DS. Similar in tone. Rest of series is well written too.

I might even lose sleep and watch the whole series tonight

Qurupeke

On episode 5 of Kokoro Connect. God damn is it good. Music is real nice too. This episode reminds me of the movie Saw and game 999 for DS. Similar in tone. Rest of series is well written too.

I might even lose sleep and watch the whole series tonight

Episode 5 was the one that made me love the series. The twist was completely unexpected and added a sense of real danger. I feel like the rest of the episodes aren't as strong as this one, but still there are many that are great.

Too bad we'll probably never get a second season. ;_;

Quasar

Chivalry of a Failed Knight during the Asterisk Wars 8

Non Claudia episodes make me sad. And the focus on the two characters I like least (Kirin and Saya) in Asterisk didn't help.

Failed Knight on the other hand had Yuu Kobayashi, who I like quite a bit :)

fertygo

Haikyuu - 08

They handle Tsukki's flashback ending in pretty cool way, its like perfect anti-climax in almost comedic way with zoom out from frame and Tsukki oneliner, made the message "how fucking lame" conveyed properly than being over dramatic. Neat.

Read Elfen Lied, they said. You thought Aku no Hana was one of the best stories ever written, so you'll love Elfen Lied.

Elfen Lied is one of the shittiest stories I've ever read in my entire life. I've read fanfiction that are better. I've read bad smut one-shots written by 12 year old girls who use themselves as the main character that are better than this. If I had to choose between Fifty Shades and Elfen Lied for worst nonsensical garbage I've ever read, I would have to chose Elfen Lied because at least with Shades I could tell people that I'd read it and could confirm it was complete shit. The only things that I got from the 107 chapters of edge-lord pseudo horror are excellent conversation finishers when people bring up the series, the ability to vomit in my mouth on command, and probably a severe case of brain damage that will develop in the next couple of hours after finishing it. Thanks, Okamoto-san.

Back on track, I just found out The Eccentric Family is on Crunchyroll. Hopefully that can get this shit manga taste out of my mouth.

pbayne

Read Elfen Lied, they said. You thought Aku no Hana was one of the best stories ever written, so you'll love Elfen Lied.

Elfen Lied is one of the shittiest stories I've ever read in my entire life. I've read fanfiction that are better. I've read bad smut one-shots written by 12 year old girls who use themselves as the main character that are better than this. If I had to choose between Fifty Shades and Elfen Lied for worst nonsensical garbage I've ever read, I would have to chose Elfen Lied because at least with Shades I could tell people that I'd read it and could confirm it was complete shit. The only things that I got from the 107 chapters of edge-lord pseudo horror are excellent conversation finishers when people bring up the series, the ability to vomit in my mouth on command, and probably a severe case of brain damage that will develop in the next couple of hours after finishing it. Thanks, Okamoto-san.

Back on track, I just found out The Eccentric Family is on Crunchyroll. Hopefully that can was this shit manga out of my head.

lol, the dubbed version of elfen lied is my favorite bad show ever. 1/10 as a show but 10/10 for stupid enjoyment.

The dub is amazing. Its like robots talking to bins. The delivery is just bizarre.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 8:

Not exactly sure what to make of the non-binary dynamics on display here quite yet other then they are genuinely interesting and I will applaud the series for not making the usual judgement calls.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 8
"They are my harem" Brilliant!
Slow episode today, more on interaction and info dumping us. Orga messing up was kinda funny though, at least he can also can fail once a while.

-Minsc-

KAGEWANI - 1-8

Some would say these should be full length episodes. I believe one reason the show works is because the episodes are short. There's just enough for me to chew on, no more.

Mawaru Penguindrum - 22-24 [Finale]

A masterpiece, indeed.

KuwabaraTheMan called it that some time ago and at that point I found that hard to believe, given my distaste for Yurikuma and even Utena being merely a good, not a great experience. But when Phaze watched it and, against my expectations, seemed to quite like it (I purposely avoided the impressions since I was intent to see it myself eventually) I figured I'd at least try it out, too. T'was very much so worth it.

There's still a lot pondering left to do with the last episode being rather taxing on my mind and I want to backtrack some parts. So I'll give my full impressions/review a bit later...if I really get to it unlike the case with Dennou Coil *cough*.

phaze

Mawaru was indeed quite a (spoilers) ride and might have overtaken F/Z as my favourite show. Glad you liked it. (I expected you to be a bit put off by Ringo's "excesses" :p)

Mawaru was indeed quite a (spoilers) ride and might have overtaken F/Z as my favourite show. Glad you liked it. (I expected you to be a bit put off by Ringo's "excesses" :p)

You know, all that was usually served with plenty story and character progression on the side, so it never felt like a waste of time. Besides, it was genuinely hilarious. Execution is king and all.

I'd probably still consider her stalker stick to be among the slightly weaker part of the show, if nothing else because it spanned quite a few episodes and felt a little bit repetitive when compared to the rest.

---

By the way, the fricking episode 13 ending track, soooooooooooo goooooood. I think pitch or so of this YouTube version is changed and I can't find other good vids of it, too.

Need to get the full track.

It's funny how some people are now coming to Penguindrum and finding unreserved admiration for it when the reaction to it as it finished airing was so ambivalent to negative.

phaze

You know, all that was usually served with plenty story and character progression on the side, so it never felt like a waste of time. Besides, it was genuinely hilarious. Execution is king and all.

I'd probably still consider her stalker stick to be among the slightly weaker part of the show, if nothing else because it spanned quite a few episodes and felt a little bit repetitive when compared to the rest.

---

By the way, the fricking episode 13 ending track, soooooooooooo goooooood. I think pitch or so of this YouTube version is changed and I can't find other good vids of it, too.

Need to get the full track.

If someone described to me beforehand what those Ringo episodes entailed, I'd have expected not liking it. But it was so well done and funnier than 95 % of pure comedies that I ended up loving it.

---

https://vimeo.com/88233753

Comet Lucifer - 8

You know...why is this show a mecha?

Like, nothing about this world has indicated any big reason on why giant robots need to be around. Every good mecha anime has a proper explanation for the existence of the giant robots.

Gurren Lagann had the beastmen roaming the surface, Shin Mazinger Z had Dr. Hell and his monster forces, Eureka Seven with the air surfing and the war, Evangelion with the angels, G Gundam with the Gundam fight, etc.

But here, this setting has had no indication as to why the bipedal armours are significant. In every flashback in this show, the soldiers' are all fighting on foot. There's no giant monsters, giant scale war, or anything!

Why does Moura transform into a giant robot? To protect Felia yes, but so far, Felia's only needed protection from other giant robots piloted by other humans! Did whatever god this universe has who created Moura know that was going to be the case?

Man, this show really needed to be 24 episodes. I complained about the first five episodes being nothing but set-up, but now that this show only has four episodes left, it almost feels rushed.

It's not often that I say this, but I think this show really needed some MOTW episodes. Some nice little episodes here and there to flesh out the cast so when we get to important moments like the ones in this episode, they become much more effective.

It's a shame because given the past episodes I can tell that this show tried to do that with Do Mon, but it simply just didn't have enough time to really do a good enough job with it.

Jarmel might be right, I think the last four episodes may in fact have a pretty rushed pace. Sigh.

Phatmac

Wish I could have half the charisma that Naze has. Living in a cool space ship with your cute girl harem sounds pretty great. Other than that we didn't have much besides Ogra getting owned by Naze about his blood brothers philosophy. The baby scene was pretty cute especially seeing Kudelia taking care of a baby. Poor Mika didn't have many secenes this episode since he's sad about not winning last week. The last scene continued it with Mika thinking himself as nothing more than a tool for Orga. Lastly this whole episode pretty much confirmed Naze's death since you can't have that much happiness in a Gundam show.

Narag

KAGEWANI - 1-8

Some would say these should be full length episodes. I believe one reason the show works is because the episodes are short. There's just enough for me to chew on, no more.

I agree but I'd still like for the director to have a chance at something more long form. Someone was joking with me on twitter that he might be up for 10 minute episodes by next year. :lol

If someone described to me beforehand what those Ringo episodes entailed, I'd have expected not liking it. But it was so well done and funnier than 95 % of pure comedies that I ended up loving it.

Likewise. And as mentioned before, despite going so over the top often times Ikuhara still managed to insert a serious sequence every now and then that, instead of feeling jarring, was rather enhanced by this tonal discrepancy. That's really impressive to me.

Yeh ty. Found this one, too.

People didn't like Penguindrum? I thought it would be similar to Ikuhara's other works.
It was ok, a flawed show that I wouldn't call bad or anything. But when it comes to Ikuhara series, there's Utena and then there's everything else.

It's funny how some people are now coming to Penguindrum and finding unreserved admiration for it when the reaction to it as it finished airing was so ambivalent to negative.
Different people are watching it now, ones that are probably less critical as a whole.

Some of it is, but much less so than say YKA. Pendrum has some parts of it that are pretty bad and kind of detract from the whole.
A rewatch actually highlights how shoddy the structure and plotting are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom