• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh damn it, I'm feeling the void that you can sometimes get after finishing a great series :/

Having dabbled into K-On S2 the last couple days as well...

K-On S2 / 01-06

Better than season 2 but still far from great. At this point I'm doubting that it'll ever really grab be, for that the characterization or general writing just isn't up to par. Comedy and moe-hijinx high jinx are fun at times though.

Good enough to watch on the side.

it is very good. Mixes genres quite well and rewards you for paying attention. Masterclass in how to world build too.

It was pretty great and I didn't give it a proper chance the first time I watched it, I found myself skipping episodes because back then I was only interested in romance anime like a pleb.

If there's a let's watch made for it I'll join in. I do remember the science fantasy elements and mystery being solid.

Interesting. I remember the season being stacked as hell when this aired, and the first few episodes were slow. I may give this a binge watch during my Christmas break from college. Too much happening right now to do that. I still need to do my Hyouka rewatch too.

EDIT:
Its awesome but the first 7-8 episodes are definitely a slow burn.
There you go, yup I only watched up until
the kids were being taught how to use their powers or something. They were moving rocks I believe? And competing against each other? And then they left the town for some reason? Idk.
It's all I remember, I wasn't giving it the attention it probably deserves.

There you go, yup I only watched up until
the kids were being taught how to use their powers or something. They were moving rocks I believe? And competing against each other? And then they left the town for some reason? Idk.
It's all I remember, I wasn't giving it the attention it probably deserves.

Definitely start from the beginning again. The world building is excellent.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
The Perfect Insider - 07
This is an example of how bad English acting in anime, when done poorly, hurts the overall material. It's 2015 people, not the 80s. Get your shit together!

Definitely start from the beginning again. The world building is excellent.
For sure, I will. I basically remember nothing. I sometimes find that revisiting shows that I dropped later on gives me a different perspective of things. Most of the time it's because I've changed in some way. Maybe I've shifted genres, maybe there's too many similar shows, or maybe there is something else robbing its spotlight at the time.

Either way, I'm putting it on my queue and I'll hopefully watch it once the dust settles down. I've got assignments, final exams, work and I'm also moving soon too. It's too much put together lol.

Comet Lucifer 8
xs2NpPf.jpg

Saying what we're all thinking.

I hope he continues being relevant.

The Perfect Insider - 07
This is an example of how bad English acting in anime, when done poorly, hurts the overall material. It's 2015 people, not the 80s. Get your shit together!

I wish they had went with an amateur VA who knew better English for the woman, but I thought Sensei was fine. He sounded very much like a Japanese person speaking English. The bigger issue wasn't the language shift, it was the monotonic acting that came with it.

One Punch Man 08

Puri-Puri-Prisoner is pretty bad but its the Okama character, they are always like this.

I dunno where people are getting the idea that the episode was rushed. Probably the same people who think they are conserving budget for when Saitama punches him or something.

Okada Gundam 08

This harem is fucking stupid but seeing Kudelia blush about it was great.

Whenever I think of Engrish ruining scenes in anime, I think of Five in Terror in Resonance.

And how she ruins a tense mental fight with terrible Engrish.

For sure, I will. I basically remember nothing. I sometimes find that revisiting shows that I dropped later on gives me a different perspective of things. Most of the time it's because I've changed in some way. Maybe I've shifted genres, maybe there's too many similar shows, or maybe there is something else robbing its spotlight at the time.

Either way, I'm putting it on my queue and I'll hopefully watch it once the dust settles down. I've got assignments, final exams, work and I'm also moving soon too. It's too much put together lol.

Totally understandable. I dropped Hyouka when it was airing but recently watched it all from the beginning and ended up loving it. Sometimes you need to be in the mood for certain genres.

One Punch Man - 08

Lotta Sonic love this episode plus nude Sonic as well. Sea King was wrecking everybody but the fight scene with him and Sonic was fun to watch.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
One Punch Man Episode 8:

Yea, wasn't really feeling this episode at all, mainly because the rankings don't actually matter and the jobber matches were just that.

javac

LWA2 update:
Update regarding physical art book shipment and download for audio commentary
Dear Backers,
We would like to get in touch regarding the situation of the missing physical copy of the art book, and the download for the audio commentary.

Art book:
We are making final preparation to have them shipped out! We have enabled the option to update your shipping address once again, so if you are eligible for the physical copy of the art book, and require to update your shipping information, please do so by 12/01/15! We will not be able to comply to any address update after the above stated date.

Audio commentary:
We are in the process of translating and editing in the English subtitles at this very moment. This process however, will take us some time as we do not have a full time staff to attend the project. For this reason, we have made the raw version of the commentary available. (Link available to backers only).

Our apologies for the poor audio quality on the first portion of the streaming. It took us a bit of tinkering to get the volume of each speaker to the right amount.
We expect to have the subtitled and edited version of the commentary available, within this year. Once the editing process is complete, we will provide another update with the files!

Sincerely,
TRIGGER

Under The Dog reminder:
So on November 30, our online store ends the sales of backer tiers.

The above out-going survey process requires us to end receiving support through backer tiers on our online store (http://under-the-dog.com/en/store/). Many of you already have tiers since when you supported us, so the removal of tiers from the shop probably would not concern you at all.

Meanwhile, for those who have been interested in UTD but not yet supported the project, this will be the last chance to be on tiers to receive the backer exclusive rewards (e.g., wallpapers, name credits, voice cast voting rights, signed physical rewards, etc.)

Note: If you already have a tier, you should be able to upgrade your tier via BackerKit (survey).

And reminder once again in regards to Animator Expo:
Redistribution of the First Season & Closure of the Second Season

All the episodes of the first season will be redistributed from 10:00 on November 9 to 23:59 on November 23 in JST! (except the episode 5 "Yoshikazu Yasuhiko & Ichiro Itano: Collection of KeyAnimation Films")
Also, the closure date of the second season is determined as 23:59 on November 23 in JST.

It is a great opportunity to watch almost all the films of Japan Anima(tor)'s Exhibition at once on the official website, so never miss it!
http://animatorexpo.com/

jman2050

It's funny how some people are now coming to Penguindrum and finding unreserved admiration for it when the reaction to it as it finished airing was so ambivalent to negative.

Hey man it was my second (or third?) favorite anime behind Madoka that year, I was on the Penguindrum train before it was cool!

Concrete Revolutio Episode 8
download.png

Okay, this is a show that is either gonna stick the landing, or fall flat on its face.

That said, I enjoy this puzzle piece of a show. I enjoy trying to put it all together in my mind.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Digimon Adventure TRI Episode 3:

Holy fuck you stupid series, pick up the damn pace and have something actually happen. At this point I am convinced they gave Adventure a third season just so they could have fun with ship teasing.

Sterok

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 8

Naze is sketchy, but he does know how to run a family company thing. Orga was off his game this time. He can only act so tough in his position.

Qurupeke

Do you remember that one time that Sonic beat Saitama? lol

Digimon Adventure TRI Episode 3:

Holy fuck you stupid series, pick up the damn pace and have something actually happen. At this point I am convinced they gave Adventure a third season just so they could have fun with ship teasing.

That's the only reason it happened. lol

JulianImp

The engrish in the latest episode of Perfect Insider wasn't the worst part about that scene. My issue with the professor's conversation with Magata's sister was that the dialogues were monotone and also way too slow. It almost sounded like one of those recordings that get used for teaching English at the starter level.

Quasar

The engrish in the latest episode of Perfect Insider wasn't the worst part about that scene. My issue with the professor's conversation with Magata's sister was that the dialogues were monotone and also way too slow. It almost sounded like one of those recordings that get used for teaching English at the starter level.

It might as well have been a computer text to speech app. Hell google or siri might have sounded more natural.

Comet Lucifer Episode 7
download_1.png

Yeah, you're right Sogo.
This show just....doesn't work with how they're presenting the story.

We don't know enough to care about anything. We're getting flashbacks to a war that we don't know anything about. The characters are supposed to carry the story I suppose, but we don't know about them either! The episode ends with something happening to Felia, but I don't know enough about her role in this universe to care.

And the problem with all of that is the show could potentially make me care if they stopped throwing in pointless mecha fights every episode.

Watched Owarimonogatari 8. Still enjoying it. The banter between Araragi and Kanbaru is always good and it'll be even better with Shinobu now. Curious as to
what's going down with the weird apparition monster thing
as well. I will say that I am a bit underwhelmed by the opening for this arc. I know there are issues with Shinobu's VA not wanting to sing (or something to that effect) so that's fine, but I'm let down by the fact the visuals are so similar to the endings the series has. Was hoping for something different I suppose. Also reminded me that Kizumonogatari LN comes out in English next month :O

I watched Hyouka 5 as well and I really love this show so far. Definitely gonna watch more tonight.

Watched Owarimonogatari 8. Still enjoying it. The banter between Araragi and Kanbaru is always good and it'll be even better with Shinobu now. Curious as to
what's going down with the weird apparition monster thing
as well. I will say that I am a bit underwhelmed by the opening for this arc. I know there are issues with Shinobu's VA not wanting to sing (or something to that effect) so that's fine, but I'm let down by the fact the visuals are so similar to the endings the series has. Was hoping for something different I suppose. Also reminded me that Kizumonogatari LN comes out in English next month :O

I watched Hyouka 5 as well and I really love this show so far. Definitely gonna watch more tonight.

Yeah Maaya Sakamoto doesn't do character songs. She can sing fine but she doesn't want to mix her career as a VA with her career as a singer or something

jett

D-Member
So I'm watching Gurren Lagann.

This show is absurd. From what I've watched, only Space Dandy beats it in that department. The fan service is embarrassing and immature, but it's pretty fun regardless. Really outstanding animation and production values.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Digimon Adventure TRI Episode 4:

Well, things finally happened, not interesting things, but things none the less. Anyway, yea, that sucked on toast and I have no agony in waiting months for the next set of episodes.

So I'm watching Gurren Lagann.

This show is absurd. From what I've watched, only Space Dandy beats it in that department. The fan service is embarrassing and immature, but it's pretty fun regardless. Really outstanding animation and production values.

I never thought that Gurren Lagann had all that much fanservice outside of Yoko. Like, there was a fair amount here and there, but there wasn't an abundance of it.

Regardless, the show's absurdity and the whole thing just being so much fun and positive are what make it my favourite show.

Cornbread78

Kids on the Slope ep.1-6
I really wasn't expecting so much shipping and drama in this anime, but it's been pretty good so far. The characters are interesting, the bromance is fun, but yeah, lots of melodrama, lol. Oh, the music is good as well. Looking forward to the last 6 episodes.

jett

D-Member
I never thought that Gurren Lagann had all that much fanservice outside of Yoko. Like, there was a fair amount here and there, but there wasn't an abundance of it.

Regardless, the show's absurdity and the whole thing just being so much fun and positive are what make it my favourite show.

There's like a constant deluge of bouncing titties and ass shots, at least during the first 10 episodes. It seems to have taken that shit down a notch now. I don't really watch those kind of shows, so maybe it just stands out more to me.

Cornbread78

There's like a constant deluge of bouncing titties and ass shots, at least during the first 10 episodes. It seems to have taken that shit down a notch now. I don't really watch those kind of shows, so maybe it just stands out more to me.

Yeah, I never even noticed it much outside of Yoko when I watched the show. It's also pretty mild in comparison to some of the garbage fanservice out there. Luckily, the crazy story and action of TTGL overpowers the fanservice, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom