• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Little Witch Academia: The Enchanted Parade is getting early theatrical BD release in limited quantities. (¥ 7870 + tax)

https://twitter.com/LWA_jp/status/649936984585076737

Oh it's getting a loooot more than that.

http://littlewitchacademia.jp/news/?p=152
http://natalie.mu/eiga/news/161708

If you go watch LWA2 in a theatrical screening in Japan, you get a set of 3 random reproduction gengas. You can also buy the "early theatrical BD release" as you mentioned... which for only 7870yen contains:

- Little Witch Academia 1
- Making of Little Witch Academia 1
- Little Witch Academia 2
- Making of Little Witch Academia 2
- All trailers for Little Watch Academia 2
- Soundtrack CD
- 100 page Artbook w/ character designs, roughs, artboards, key animation samples, etc
- Rough Image collection
- Slipcase

And all of this comes out just next week on October 9. It's amazing how respectful and considerate they are of Kickstarter backers. Truly amazing. :p

TUSR

Banned

If you go watch LWA2 in a theatrical screening in Japan, you get a set of 3 random reproduction gengas. You can also buy the "early theatrical BD release" as you mentioned... which for only 7870yen contains:

- Soundtrack CD
- 100 page Artbook w/ character designs, roughs, artboards, key animation samples, etc
- Rough Image collection
- Slipcase

And all of this comes out just next week on October 9. It's amazing how respectful and considerate they are of Kickstarter backers. Truly amazing. :p

holy fuck. LMAO

- Soundtrack CD
- Rough Image collection
- Slipcase

Trigger to you: "Thanks for the money, sucker!"

Jarmel

Banned

- Soundtrack CD
- Rough Image collection
- Slipcase

Hey all you did was pay $100. I paid $2000, imagine how I feel knowing I have to rebuy the BDs so it matches my LWA1 BD.

Jarmel

Banned
Don't worry I'm sure it'll look good next to that Kaneko drawing you also overpaid for!

Yea turns out I didn't really overpay for that. I've seen KLK stuff go for insane prices at convention auctions. There are some really rich fans in the West.

Funnily enough, the LWA stuff goes for much lower.

duckroll

Yea turns out I didn't really overpay for that. I've seen KLK stuff go for insane prices at convention auctions. There are some really rich fans in the West.

Funnily enough, the LWA stuff goes for much lower.

Anime fans only want to pay for sleazy fanservice driven low quality content. SHOCKING!

fertygo

Don't know why y'all so mad, plane ticket to japan and go home for getting that limted bundle will go over 3k anyway.. silly people.

Line_HTX

Studio Trigger saved nothing, y'all.

Sword Art Online II 24 END

Mother's Rosario arc was pretty alright for the most part. I wish they showed more Sinon interaction though. The very end though, hmm... I don't know what to say.

Akame ga Kill 05

Sheele is cool, I guess. This Seryu is a weirdo.

GATE 08

ARE YOU O-BAKA SAN?!

Rory Mcilroy is quickly stealing the show. She's already cool dropping dudes in one quick swing. Now she's just flat out dropping bombs on people like that chairwoman looking to grandstand on Itami and Co.

What? Itami has an ex-wife? I don't think I've heard of an MC with that circumstance before. This is a different situation surrounding him, that's for sure.

javac

I'm fine with this existing, but the very next week? They handled the KS poorly. Sent out randomly, audio commentary silently axed without a mention, missing the art-book which is meh anyways. From what I've heard, the film is awesome and I'm glad that it became a reality, but at the very least I was hoping that they'd match the packaging for the first LWA BD. The end product is fine in any case, but this is way too soon. I felt that the KS was rushed at the end, thus the amaray but the fact that this is out next week proves otherwise. Maybe it was a logistics thing, this is limited after all. In any case exclusive or otherwise I'll probably get my hands on this...one way or another.

Line_HTX

Oh right, on a Namco stream during one of the TGS days it was dedicated to Asterisk. Something about how the light novel, the game that'll be released at the end of January, and the upcoming anime this Autumn season will all be connected with each other in a meaningful way instead of the anime being a separate medium that is adapted from a source like a light novel.

Jex

- Soundtrack CD
- Rough Image collection
- Slipcase

ty trigger

javac

Such a little thing but the Limited Edition KS should have at least came with a slipcover or something to differentiate the packaging, or a reversible cover at least. Oh well, I already own the 1st LWA on BD and outside of that the difference isn't too crazy.

Young Black Jack 01

gxQt88w.jpg
zLTM35w.jpg
F453Mst.png

The rippling abs of Black Jack cannot, shall not be contained

OP - Laughably bad.
ED - Neat in concept, but with no substance.

Young Black Jack is the story of the famous patchwork surgeon who is like Frankenstein's Monster if Frankenstein's Monster was super hot and super bishie and cant keep his shirt on in his med school days.

A decent first episode. This is my first Black Jack anything, and I must say I expected some intricate detail during the surgery and maybe some medical horror but that's probably Franken Fran misleading my expectations. I'm not sure if the show will stay interesting if they are going to be be not showing the actual surgery during the surgeries, but let's see if the show can have a hook in another area.

There were at least two scenes in that preview where he is also not wearing a shirt.

Crocodile

The worst part of a new season is trying to figure out when everything airs. I hope I don't end up watching 5 shows in one day like Friday last season.

Sunday looks like "that day" this season

- Soundtrack CD
- Rough Image collection
- Slipcase

They get all that for like almost $70? Jeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz

:/

*grump grump grump grump grump grump*

Stuff like this is why I don't back kickstarters.

This is a shitty attitude to take. If everybody thought this way, too many amazing projects would just never happen. Pledge smartly and do your research but even if you get burned once in a while, the world is still a better place due to Kickstarter/Indiegogo

To everyone watching Young Black Jack, if you're not familiar with Black Jack, I recommend watching the first episode of the 2004 TV series (or at least the first few minutes of the first episode) to get some general background on him.

LegatoB

A decent first episode. This is my first Black Jack anything, and I must say I expected some intricate detail during the surgery and maybe some medical horror but that's probably Franken Fran misleading my expectations. I'm not sure if the show will stay interesting if they are going to be be not showing the actual surgery during the surgeries, but let's see if the show can have a hook in another area.

There were at least two scenes in that preview where he is also not wearing a shirt.
I don't know about the Young Black Jack manga this is based on, but the original BJ comic had a lot of detail (if sometimes cartoony) during the operating scenes. I was kind of disappointed by how obviously they were evading showing that. I don't really have high expectations for this series, but Black Jack's superhero antics mixed with morality plays are usually pretty entertaining, so if you dig it, consider checking out the original comic or Dezaki's OAVs.

duckroll

Such a little thing but the Limited Edition KS should have at least came with a slipcover or something to differentiate the packaging, or a reversible cover at least. Oh well, I already own the 1st LWA on BD and outside of that the difference isn't too crazy.

I think they could have done a few pretty minor things to negate any ill feelings without compromising their ability to sell the product in Japan. No one expected to get LWA1 as a reward, so that part doesn't matter. Having a good artbook and a unique slipcase for the LE would have been fine. Also, they probably should not have promised an audio commentary if they had no plans to record one. :p

In the end it was all about expectations and I think they failed on that with regards to the rewards. They created expectations which they didn't meet. The short itself is great, so the Kickstarter itself wasn't a waste, but outcome of the extra rewards is definitely somewhat disappointing.

Young Black Jack 01

OP - Laughably bad.
ED - Neat in concept, but with no substance.

Young Black Jack is the story of the famous patchwork surgeon who is like Frankenstein's Monster if Frankenstein's Monster was super hot and super bishie and cant keep his shirt on in his med school days.

I wonder how they will handle the gore during the Vietnam arc when people are blown to bits.

To everyone watching Young Black Jack, if you're not familiar with Black Jack, I recommend watching the first episode of the 2004 TV series (or at least the first few minutes of the first episode) to get some general background on him.

I know the base concept.

I don't know about the Young Black Jack manga this is based on, but the original BJ comic had a lot of detail (if sometimes cartoony) during the operating scenes. I was kind of disappointed by how obviously they were evading showing that. I don't really have high expectations for this series, but Black Jack's superhero antics mixed with morality plays are usually pretty entertaining, so if you dig it, consider checking out the original comic or Dezaki's OAVs.

I wonder how they will handle the gore during the Vietnam arc when people are blown to bits.

I don't want extreme levels of gore but it's very obvious they are taking every measure to not show much. The most in the first episode was a vein being put into a vat of water and some blood leaking out of it.

I know the base concept.

I don't want extreme levels of gore but it's very obvious they are taking every measure to not show much. The most in the first episode was a vein being put into a vat of water and some blood leaking out of it.

Maybe they didn't want to show too much blood because it was a child and censorship for that is pretty strict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom