• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Owarimonogatari 05

Man, this is brutal...

I can't even...

Damn, Oikura....

=/

One Punch Man 08

Fucking cliffhangers...

Not much happened to be honest.

You'd think somebody would ask people what shows aren't fan service junk if they actually cared at all instead of scanning the OP for things to find problem with.

Well, considering a lot of people in that thread probably don't care for anime and probably don't watch it, they're not looking for things that conflict with their views.They're looking for things to back up their views.

Confirmation bias is a real thing after all.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I think most people just pop in and ask for recs or make a thread on the OT.

giphy.gif

Cornbread78

Hilarious, just hilarious. I can't even, BGBW, lol. Oh man, I'll stay away because people acting all mad and offended about things online that they really couldn't give a shit about otherwise is funny to read. The Internet is truly an entertainment blessing from above.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Noragami episode 1-5
I have to say im willing enjoying this, up until episode 5 I will say the humor was alright, not much made me laugh out loud, but I still consider funny, but this episode made me bust a gut several times, made me fall inlove with the show, including more character intrigue, im enjoying this anime about obscure gods and such.

javac

Think about the amount of lurkers who go to the OP for genuine recommendations, man that kind of damage cannot be undone. We must all atone for our sins.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Symphogear G 13 FIN

The whole treasury of Babylon thing was just ???????????.

===

G's better than the first show but it still comes from the same sort of mold in that I wouldn't call this trash nor would I call it very good. It exists in this nebulous space where all the dumb shit going on makes it just entertaining enough to be able to look past the copious amount of flaws in the production.

That was exactly my impressions of the first season haha, it got so dumb it was basically enjoyable, I should really finish G, I only watched 1 or 2 episodes like 2 years ago

Droplet

Think about the amount of lurkers who go to the OP for genuine recommendations, man that kind of damage cannot be undone. We must all atone for our sins.

The next thread should be like a nunnery to make up for it.

We just spend the entire thread talking about Ping Pong and nothing else.

javac

Nah, fuck 'em. They can ask what's good instead.
Hopefully this has been a lesson for everybody involved. The whole thing has been a good exercise in how communication goes a long way.

The next thread should be like a nunnery to make up for it.

We just spend the entire thread talking about Ping Pong and nothing else.

Now this I can get behind. If only my review was done it'd be the perfect time alas the show deserves more time.
2,600 words so far with more to go *wipes sweat from brow*

javac

It's a lesson in confirmation bias more than anything.

Haha true that. What can ya do, eh? Just one of those stigma's you can't shake no matter how hard you try, even on a video gaming forum of all places no less. You can't make it up.

javac

In other news, The Tale of the Princess Kaguya is on sale for $17.99 at Amazon.com. Multi-format, Region free, English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and French: DTS 5.1 audio. English, English SDH and French subtitles and comes with the 90 min Isao Takahata And His Tale Of The Princess Kaguya documentary.
Thanks @WTK

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PHSDS0E/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I should watch this considering I own it D:

Russ T

Banned
There's like a constant deluge of bouncing titties and ass shots, at least during the first 10 episodes. It seems to have taken that shit down a notch now. I don't really watch those kind of shows, so maybe it just stands out more to me.

No, you're right, it's really bad. People just opt to ignore it because it's otherwise a super great show.

Well, and then there's the people who love it. God help them.

Well shit, we are gonna die

I think the fact that an outsider to the thread described the OP as offputting and you guys all collectively responded that they'd missed the point of how hilarious it was that the OP was purposely made as terrible and unfriendly as possible -- without, at least obviously to me, any trace of irony -- says pretty much everything that needs to be said about why anime isn't respected by the people who are elevating the profile of general-purpose geek culture.

And Cyan is much nicer about this, so I'm gonna be the heavy here: I'm less than pleased to find out a major thread like this has an idiotic in-group joke OP at the expense of anyone else who happens to wander in. If your thread isn't welcoming to new users it's worthless to us, and we have no interest in letting people keep around purposely insular little clubs that masquerade as legitimate community threads.

Russ T

Banned
Oh wow I didn't realize there were like twenty extra pages since the post I responded to.

Seems like the OP is doing god's work.

Considering the churn of this thread over the time I've been posting in AnimeGAF, and the number of new people who have wandered in and become heavy posters, anyone who says this community does not welcome new members does not know what they're talking about.

Considering the churn of this thread over the time I've been posting in AnimeGAF, and the number of new people who have wandered in and become heavy posters, anyone who says this community does not welcome new members does not know what they're talking about.

Like half of the top posters in this thread are people who started posting here this year. This place has never been less insular. And the OP was created by one person, not the community as a whole.

Mechazawa

Hey guys, remember when someone said "fuck em, they can ask" over the not-that-crazy criticism that someone might peace the fuck out over seeing a bunch of satirically placed moe garbage in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom