• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sölf

Are we already dead? I still have to read like 4 pages.

On a more serious note, I haven't posted here in ages, lol. The last episode of Perfect Insider was pretty great, especially the english speaking part. I mean, the characters had a heavy accent, but hell, that was real english, with grammar and stuff. I was positively suprised!

Kazzy

Felt like some of it was throwing someone under the bus.

Well, it certainly was, even if that wasn't the intent. Like I've said elsewhere, it just seems there is zero tact, in regards to this community. The treatment isn't consistent across the forum, despite the same criticisms being perfectly valid elsewhere.

I already mentioned to BGBW, but after having not posted here for years, that OP was something that I found was both welcoming and encouraging. Maybe it wasn't the most informative, but it probably was the very thing that others said it wasn't - inviting. It was fun, when the majority are just monotonous, and a just a formality.

I highly doubt that the majority of those who were picking major faults, would have been those who would actually come into this thread anyway. "I'm going to give this medium a real tr...oh no, their OP isn't exactly what I need, so I'll guess I'll try fishing instead." Sure, someone who had any sort of curiosity/interest would let something so easily deter them.

I've never seen the insistent need for OPs (community and otherwise) to read like directories, because that's not the purpose of a forum anyway. There's any number of websites where people could find that information, and would be better suited for that purpose.

The internet doesn't begin and end with GAF, so I don't know why people treat it as such.

Well, whatever, it's probably better just to move on from this whole thing.

Russ T

Banned
I also still like the OP. And I am also willing to help write descriptions for the next OP. I do this frequently enough in my own super-nerd anime spreadsheet, so...

It's probably one of the few interesting looking shows next season that isn't a sequel or Sekkou Boys.

Yo I can't let this fly!

...Is what I wanted to say and then I realized almost my entire list of things to look out for next season is sequels.

While I did like Digimon Tri, the more I think about it, the more disappointing it is. Someone stop me before I start hating it. D:

It's terrible alright. No one can stop you getting to that conclusion.

Taichi's PTSD-like behavior was completely out of the blue and is downright laughable when you consider how much it goes against his character and what they already had to deal with fighting Myotismon (Vamdemon).

The notion that he has simply 'grown' or 'grown up' within the past few years won't work for me. Not only does it feel like nothing of note actually happened and changed with these characters, it, once again, goes completely against his prior characterization and on top of that is simply illogical/dumb, too. It's not like there's any benefit in him standing there entirely stunned while Digimon rampage through the city.

Last but not least, if they really wanted to go through such a drastic character shift with him, then show us why. What happened for him to be this way now? If it's this highly important, you give us a proper reason instead of having us guess "oh, he is different now, I suppose?" If I have to make up some defense as the viewer because the show itself doesn't provide us with a plausible cause, then that's just bad writing, nothing more.

However, with Digimon Tri I've already reached the stage where I feel like it's almost pointless to go into detail with character motivation and what not. It's simply readily apparent that the writing is dogshit tier and at that point I'm just wasting my time trying to justify anything that was never carefully thought through to begin with. Just look at the cheap set up they have for all the shipping already.

If you cared for Digimon Adventure because it was a genuinely good show then you'll most likely not be happy with Tri. Because this one is anything but and why would I enjoy seeing everything Digimon Aventure build up being dragged through the mud. Additionally, this also pretty much destroys any hope of getting an actually good continuation, now that a terrible one exist.

Qurupeke

GAF+Anime 2015

Finally caught up on this and the spin off. Characters managed to deliver some amazing moments, but I think it dragged a bit. The spin off was boring at first, but things quickly reached to a climax. The opening was okay.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
GAF+Anime 2015

Finally caught up on this and the spin off. Characters managed to deliver some amazing moments, but I think it dragged a bit. The spin off was boring at first, but things quickly reached to a climax. The opening was okay.
There were too many upskirts though. And it was weird when TSUR kept falling into BGBW's crotch.

Sölf

GAF+Anime 2015

I am still binge watching this after seeing it on Mike's Twitter.

Yo I can't let this fly!

...Is what I wanted to say and then I realized almost my entire list of things to look out for next season is sequels.

Like what? Looking at the currently announced lineup for winter TV anime, I'm not even seeing many sequels period. And out of those couple, I only see one (Snow White with the Red Hair) that is potentially interesting. Otherwise the shows I'm looking forward to are all new IPs: Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, Dimension W, Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, Prince of Stride Alternative, Sekkou Boys, Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Don't give DTL ideas or a chance to update his shipping list.
Well, it's about time we get another one of those lists. lol

The AnimeGAF reboot was too gritty.
It was strange how they followed the American trend of gender-swapping all the characters.

Glad that Narag bully got defeated by the power of friendship in the final episode though.
His costume transformed into a Tom Brady jersey and he became friends with everyone.

Cornbread78

GAF+Anime 2015

Sorry, I can't admit to watching this creepy show. I've already locked myself away from society in shame. I like all things impure and really am a piece of garbage. Somebody, please have those super cool and socially acceptable gamer dudes put me out of my misery with a console controller. Maybe they can duel wield an XB1 and DS4 and beat me bloody with both to up the ante and prove their dominance over my feeble, weebo body.

His costume transformed into a Tom Brady jersey and he became friends with everyone.

Hell yeah, now we're talkin'!

Russ T

Banned
Like what? Looking at the currently announced lineup for winter TV anime, I'm not even seeing many sequels period. And out of those couple, I only see one (Snow White with the Red Hair) that is potentially interesting. Otherwise the shows I'm looking forward to are all new IPs: Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, Dimension W, Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, Prince of Stride Alternative, Sekkou Boys, Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.

I didn't do a hard count earlier, just a quick sight-read, so I was wrong. Here's my list of things I'm looking forward to:

Old:
Assassination Classroom 2
Durarara!!x2 Ketsu
GATE
Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories III

New:
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
Prince of Stride: Alternative
Sekkou Boys
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

I had Kizumonogatari in there when I was quickly perusing my list earlier and was counting that as a sequel, but I didn't register it as a movie at the time. So I guess it's half and half.

I expect I'll tire of Sekkou Boys pretty quickly. I expect at the very least for Grimgar to be pretty. I expect Prince of Stride to be my new sports anime, hope it's good! I expect... nothing of Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. The description piqued my interest, but that's all I know.

I enjoy Assassination Classroom and GATE for about the same reason: they're dumb trashy fun. I loooove Durarara. Yamishibai is fun to laugh at, but I admit I don't actually like it. It's mostly on there 'cause it's short.

Cornbread78

I didn't do a hard count earlier, just a quick sight-read, so I was wrong. Here's my list of things I'm looking forward to:

Old:
Assassination Classroom 2
Durarara!!x2 Ketsu
GATE
Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories III

New:
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
Prince of Stride: Alternative
Sekkou Boys
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

I had Kizumonogatari in there when I was quickly perusing my list earlier and was counting that as a sequel, but I didn't register it as a movie at the time. So I guess it's half and half.

I expect I'll tire of Sekkou Boys pretty quickly. I expect at the very least for Grimgar to be pretty. I expect Prince of Stride to be my new sports anime, hope it's good! I expect... nothing of Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. The description piqued my interest, but that's all I know.

I enjoy Assassination Classroom and GATE for about the same reason: they're dumb trashy fun. I loooove Durarara. Yamishibai is fun to laugh at, but I admit I don't actually like it. It's mostly on there 'cause it's short.

All I need for this winter:

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri

Line_HTX

Felt like some of it was throwing someone under the bus.

I appreciate that BGBW put the time and effort into the thread. Made it more lively than I thought.

Happy Birthday, best idol, Miki Hoshii.

The best.

Should have showed my body more often for the fujoshi market.

image.php

Glad that Narag bully got defeated by the power of friendship in the final episode though.

Narag will not be truly defeated until December 20. Only then can this cat boss be fully vanquished.

DiGiKerot

I'm tempted to watch Hackadoll. Some of the fanart has piqued my curiosity.

The episodes are only eight minutes long, and most of them at least have three or four good jokes. It's not exactly Teekyu-levels of gag density, but it's pretty amusing and not a horrific time investment.

L.O.R.D

One punch man 8
i feel this episode has nice animation more then 7
somehow , some of the manga were cut off from the anime version
the trapped 4 heroes attack were cut , don't know why

Line_HTX

One punch man 8
i feel this episode has nice animation more then 7
somehow , some of the manga were cut off from the anime version
the trapped 4 heroes attack were cut , don't know why

Honestly, was there anything important that was supposed to happen in that evacuation shelter? Even if it was four against one, they were still gonna get outplayed and bodied.

DiGiKerot

Happy Birthday, best idol, Miki Hoshii.

*ctrl-f Ritsuko - nope
*ctrl-f Nico - nope
*ctrl-f Anzu - nope
*ctrl-f Minami - nope
*ctrl-f Hackadoll #1 - nope
*ctrl-f Yurika-sama - nope
*ctrl-f Shion - nope

Worryingly little actual best idol of any variety for a post claiming it to be the best idols birthday, if you ask me.

It's terrible alright. No one can stop you getting to that conclusion.

Taichi's PTSD-like behavior was completely out of the blue and is downright laughable when you consider how much it goes against his character and what they already had to deal with fighting Myotismon (Vamdemon).

The notion that he has simply 'grown' or 'grown up' within the past few years won't work for me. Not only does it feel like nothing of note actually happened and changed with these characters, it, once again, goes completely against his prior characterization and on top of that is simply illogical/dumb, too. It's not like there's any benefit in him standing there entirely stunned while Digimon rampage through the city.

Last but not least, if they really wanted to go through such a drastic character shift with him, then show us why. What happened for him to be this way now? If it's this highly important, you give us a proper reason instead of having us guess "oh, he is different now, I suppose?" If I have to make up some defense as the viewer because the show itself doesn't provide us with a plausible cause, then that's just bad writing, nothing more.

However, with Digimon Tri I've already reached the stage where I feel like it's almost pointless to go into detail with character motivation and what not. It's simply readily apparent that the writing is dogshit tier and at that point I'm just wasting my time trying to justify anything that was never carefully thought through to begin with. Just look at the cheap set up they have for all the shipping already.

If you cared for Digimon Adventure because it was a genuinely good show then you'll most likely not be happy with Tri. Because this one is anything but and why would I enjoy seeing everything Digimon Aventure build up being dragged through the mud. Additionally, this also pretty much destroys any hope of getting an actually good continuation, now that a terrible one exist.

I think Tai's crisis makes sense. He's more aware of the serious consequences of having digimon battles in the real world despite it ultimately being for a good cause.

His over dramatic hesitation and having more flashbacks than a Naruto episode was just stupid.

GAF+Anime 2015

Animation was shit tier though. Best character didn't even turn up.

Phatmac

Reading that otaku thread made me realize how much I hate the word otaku and what it means. There has to e some better term for fans of anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom