• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Otaku isn't even japanimation exclusive. It's a general term for an obsessive like the British term "anorak". So we could be called anime anoraks ha ha ha.

Cornbread78

That's it, I'm going to go into hiding in a corner somewhere and pout.

no really, I'm waaay too busy at work and this whoe OTaku thread and this are taking up too much time... I gotta get work done dammit.

Line_HTX

That's it, I'm going to go into hiding in a corner somewhere and pout.

no really, I'm waaay too busy at work and this whoe OTaku thread and this are taking up too much time... I gotta get work done dammit.

:T

No yeah, I feel ya. I have things I have to complete and turn in as well while at the same time trying to search for a new laptop that I can reasonably afford.

ibyea

Banned
I'm just appalled at how bad the art and animation was. Theres that one scene in episode 3 where its like 2-3 minutes of Tai and Agumon in darkness and the whole silhouette has a Photoshop emboss filter applied to it and I was just like are you kidding me Toei.

While I didn't notice that, I did notice how substandard things were for a theatrical release.

ibyea

Banned
When this thread was going to reach the end of its life I was going to ask for feedback on what worked in the OP and what didn't for the next OP but since certain individuals saw it better to drag my name through the mud for no reason I guess the conversation has been brought forward. I find the problem with a lot of OPs is they are full of waffle and too long and just encourage a lot of scrolling. I wanted to try and make it clean and concise which is what I hoped I had achieved. So being told everything in it is a load of bollocks isn't exactly the nicest thing to wake up to. Oh but I guess I'm not allowed to make OP ever again so whatever.

Yes, I realise the summaries were sometimes lacking. It was one of those things (along with the missing VIZ logo) that I've been meaning to correct when I had the time. The description for Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen was always bugging me. But honestly, if it was a major priority causing apparent distress you could have just PM'd me (instead of making it a public spectacle). I've been cleaning up other bits like the schedule (which I had to readjust when day light savings ended) so I have no problem making edits to the OP.

I agree quotes can be added. Got a bit annoyed with myself when I asked three weeks in for what people were watching for forgetting to ask if everyone could add that a few words to say what they like about the show. Episode reviews aren't that easy to use for quotes because they are usually just about that episode rather than the show as a whole.

I'll look into making changes to the OP when I get home tonight. I would appreciate it that I'm actually given a chance to respond first next time before all the hearsay goes out of control.

For all those who stuck up for me and had nice things to say through the various avenues: thank you. It means a lot.

If there is any consolation, I liked the OP and based on the responses a lot of us did. It made the thread feel fun.

Theonik

Happy Birthday, best idol, Miki Hoshii.
Pls.

Don't give DTL ideas or a chance to update his shipping list.
This is still one of the best things DTL's (partly) done. (dunno what I did to the original)

I'm tempted to watch Hackadoll. Some of the fanart has piqued my curiosity.
Ara ara huhuhu

Reading that otaku thread made me realize how much I hate the word otaku and what it means. There has to e some better term for fans of anime.
Otaku just means neeeeeeeeeerd. Those comic Otaku in that thread are hella mad.

I love me some Sudoku
akcynq.png

Rikudo

Banned
Heya AnimeGaf! Need some recommendations for non-creepy, loli, ecchi type anime shows from this season and the previous one. :)

Previous stuff I enjoyed:
Kino's Journey
Mushishi
Ping Pong
Flowers of Evil
Yahari no ore
Madoka obviously
Ore Monogatari
HxH
Birdy the Mighty
Barakamon

Stuff I hate:
Clannad

Basically the handful of good shows each season with a decent story and ok characters. Thanks :p

Oh and shows that might have LGBT characters is always a plus.

Ace of the Diamond Second Season Episode 34 – Innocent
CUgb_DCWwAA_kHi.png
CUgb_DTWsAAH1Q4.png

Seiko makes some dumb mistakes, glad Sawamura cant be stopped pitching.

shouldnt Ogawa be thrown out for TACKLING Miyuki,i hope he isnt injured

Generate

Banned
Heya AnimeGaf! Need some recommendations for non-creepy, loli, ecchi type anime shows from this season and the previous one. :)

Kino's Journey
Mushishi
Ping Pong
Flowers of Evil
Yahari no ore
Madoka obviously
Ore Monogatari
HxH
Birdy the Mighty
Barakamon

Stuff I hate:
Clannad

Basically the handful of good shows each season with a decent story and ok characters. Thanks :p

From The New World

TUSR

Banned

Kino's Journey
Mushishi
Ping Pong
Flowers of Evil
Yahari no ore
Madoka obviously
Ore Monogatari
HxH
Birdy the Mighty
Barakamon

Stuff I hate:
Clannad

Hibike! Euriphonium
(Sound Euphonium)

Cornbread78

Kino's Journey
Mushishi
Ping Pong
Flowers of Evil
Yahari no ore
Madoka obviously
Ore Monogatari
HxH
Birdy the Mighty
Barakamon

Stuff I hate:
Clannad

I'll harass you first, then help you, lol.

What did you dislike about Clannad?

Qurupeke

Kino's Journey
Mushishi
Ping Pong
Flowers of Evil
Yahari no ore
Madoka obviously
Ore Monogatari
HxH
Birdy the Mighty
Barakamon

Stuff I hate:
Clannad

Watch Gatchaman Crowds and then watch its second season. I think it has everything you want.

Kino's Journey
Mushishi
Ping Pong
Flowers of Evil
Yahari no ore
Madoka obviously
Ore Monogatari
HxH
Birdy the Mighty
Barakamon

Stuff I hate:
Clannad

Rampo Kitan Game of Laplace
Haikyuu!!
Kimi to Boku
Tsuritama

Cornbread78

Sölf;186495890 said:
Obviously that Kyou wasn't the one. After all, she was best girl.

Blah.... You know I thought that was what they were going to do with Clannad after ep. 19 or so before that final episode.... I could have accepted that...

I just want to make sure I give him valid recs, that's all. Besides, he needs to go watch SNAFU like, now...

Blah.... You know I thought that was what they were going to do with Clannad after ep. 19 or so before that final episode.... I could have accepted that...

I just want to make sure I give him valid recs, that's all. Besides, he needs to go watch SNAFU like, now...
I can fully understand someone not liking Clannad. You have to be willing to put up with the high school harem hijinks stuff in the first season before the emotional payoff later.

Cornbread78

I can fully understand someone not liking Clannad. You have to be willing to put up with the high school harem hijinks stuff in the first season before the emotional payoff later.

Oh, I know. But if he hates drama and or romance, then I can't rec something great like Plastic Memories....

Rikudo

Banned
From The New World

Hibike! Euriphonium
(Sound Euphonium)
Thanks will check it out!

I'll harass you first, then help you, lol.

What did you dislike about Clannad?

Ugh the way the characters look, the weird off-putting behaviour of the females like they're 5-year olds.

Watch Gatchaman Crowds and then watch its second season. I think it has everything you want.

Rampo Kitan Game of Laplace
Haikyuu!!
Kimi to Boku
Tsuritama

Thanks!

Oh yeah, I loved SNAFU. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom