• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
She goes through a complete transformation between that point and the end of the show. Later episodes of the show are amazing...

Anyhow, newer stuff:
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime: was pretty good and the 2nd cour starts in Jan.

Barakamon: is an excellent SoL anime

Blast of Tempest: This one was prett good, magic, mystery, drama, action, comedy

Older stuff:

Toradora!: Excellent school-time SoL, drama, romance anime

Cross Game: is much older, but very good drama/ sports anime.

Full Moon wo Sagashite: older, but has quite the emotional impact.

Itazura na Kiss: definately a Shojou series, but very good.

Nodame Cantable: Again, older relationships and very good

Aishiteruze Baby★★: Excellent story and characters

Spice and Wolf: Excellent Romance/Fantasy story

Golden Time: Excellent romance/drama

Where did you watch Cross Game? I've been wanting to watch it. I know it was up on Hulu at one point, but when they finally offered an ad-free plan I signed up and Cross Game was nowhere to be found. :(

selector infected WIXOSS Episode 3
download.png
Okay, I don't think this show actually explained how the game actually works...

...how is the deck that can just remove the opponent cards not terribly OP? Why can Tama attack twice in a row?

"Your wish is nothing for you to be ashamed of."
Well....actually it kind of is...

*watches the "psychological attack"*

Oh....YAY, FRIENDSHIP!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Where did you watch Cross Game? I've been wanting to watch it. I know it was up on Hulu at one point, but when they finally offered an ad-free plan I signed up and Cross Game was nowhere to be found. :(
Like Touch, you'll have to use the "internet" to find it these days.

this is why i defend SAO with you kiritobread
When are you going back to Destiny, TUSRito.

selector infected WIXOSS Episode 3
Okay, I don't think this show actually explained how the game actually works...
Oh god, I forgot this
incest
show existed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kirito is a flying elf or something right now. Didn't really have time to continue it due to weekends being stacked with other shows, I'll probably wrap it up this week.

I'm still having fun
Speaking of episode 24, I hope people appreciate why I got angry at that episode, particularly in light of all the junk going on in that other thread. lol

this is why i defend SAO with you kiritobread

SAO is not bad

Kirito is a flying elf or something right now. Didn't really have time to continue it due to weekends being stacked with other shows, I'll probably wrap it up this week.

I'm still having fun

SAO is fine, you just can't go in expecting it to be something that it's not. Greasy, cholesterol inducing fast-food is what I call it. Once in awhile, it won't kill you. There is much, much worse stuff out there anyway. There are plenty of salad food shows for the vegetarians, and plenty of gourmet meals for the connoisseurs to pick apart. Just pick your meals folks.

Mahouka is also fine and it gets shitted on quite a bit. I looked forward to every week just to see what the heck next level hidden skill Onii-sama would pull out of his ass. It was fun to watching him go all God-tier on us.
Season 2 when.

I'm still having fun

One of my biggest gripes about the second half of SAO was the really heavy downer atmosphere that was going on in ALO.

In SAO, it made sense to have that kind of atmosphere since it was a death game and people were always on edge.

But in ALO, it's a standard MMO! So why is everybody acting so pretentious and where's the sense of fun? Why was every other player they came across such an asshole? What was with the in-game racism between classes?

Everything about it just felt so unpleasant when it should have felt lighthearted. It would have served as a good juxtaposition as well, with Kirito being the only one in super-serious mode as he goes to find Asuna while everyone else including his sister just wants to have a good time in the game!

TUSR

Banned
SAO is fine, you just can't go in expecting it to be something that it's not. Greasy, cholesterol inducing fast-food is what I call it. Once in awhile, it won't kill you. There is much, much worse stuff out there anyway. There are plenty of salad food shows for the vegetarians, and plenty of gourmet meals for the connoisseurs to pick apart. Just pick your meals folks.

Mahouka is also fine and it gets shitted on quite a bit. I looked forward to every week just to see what the heck next level hidden skill Onii-sama would pull out of his ass. It was fun to watching him go all God-tier on us.
Season 2 when.

i just want everyone to get along

But in ALO, it's a standard MMO! So why is everybody acting so pretentious and where's the sense of fun?

Because it's an MMO

Why was every other player they came across such an asshole?

Because they're playing an MMO

-------

Really though, if people weren't being dicks there wouldn't be any tension, I'll get back to you later on this as I haven't finished this arc yet.

phaze

For the record BGBW, I liked your OP a lot as well. Even the descriptions. It's rather unfortunate that a OP with probably the biggest amount of care put into it, got lambasted for what is par for the course in the other threads.

-------------

Is Garo the show that took one of Naruto's best animators off the show just before the finale ;____;

Curious who would that be ?

Edit: Atsushi Wakabayashi, the director ? He hasn't done a whole lot of animating for Naruto IIRC.

Cornbread78

Like Touch, you'll have to use the "internet" to find it these days.

When are you going back to Destiny, TUSRito.

Oh god, I forgot this
incest
show existed.

i thought i was silica

kiritohawk

I haven't played Destiny with you guys in a LONG time.... I think it was right before Type-0 launched was the last time I raided with GAF. I almost miss those sub 45 min Crota runs..

If we need people to do OP entries for shows I would offer but I looked at the next season anichart and there is not a whole lot for me to rep. Like, nothing and someone already claimed Gyaruko-chan and Dagashi Kashi.

I guess I could do that boy idol group that are statues one.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If we need people to do OP entries for shows I would offer but I looked at the next season anichart and there is not a whole lot for me to rep. Like, nothing and someone already claimed Gyaruko-chan and Dagashi Kashi.

The only stuff I care about is unlicensed and requires "the internet" to even watch. Assuming "the internet" even cares about Tamayura or Aria. So rip.

I haven't played Destiny with you guys in a LONG time.... I think it was right before Type-0 launched was the last time I raided with GAF. I almost miss those sub 45 min Crota runs..
I can't believe I did 3x Crota every week for a couple of months. What a waste of time. lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

A new idol group that's really going to turn heads. With their chiseled pecs and stoney stare, you could almost mistake them for statues. Well, except that is exactly what they are. Saint Giorgio, Medici, Hermes and Mars make up the The Sekkō Boys and they're ready to rock your world.

phaze

I think I'm gonna tap out on WIXOSS guys.

It's...it's too dumb.

I think I bolted out after ~3 eps too.

Save yourself the braincells and time watch some actually good anime. Like Pupa, the masterpiece brought to you by the director of critically acclaimed House of Five Leaves.

Don't actually do that.

dan2026

I dropped SAO because I felt it squandered its quite interesting premise.
It didn't go anywhere interesting or entertaining for me.

Now I want George Lucas to make a Destiny prequel movie about how Dinklebot changed into Nolanbot.

Once he does it people will hate the prequel more than the original game, which will boost sales of Destiny 2. A decade or so later a rumor will start about how Dinklebot is actually an evil genius who was controlling the guardians to keep them away from doing anything useful to prevent the return of Darth Darkness.

There's only one thing that really matters next season.

The only stuff I care about is unlicensed and requires "the internet" to even watch. Assuming "the internet" even cares about Tamayura or Aria. So rip.

The Tamayura movies are being subbed in English, so someone cares. The Aria special should have no problem getting that either. And of course, when Amanchu airs it'll be picked up by Funi or CR or someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom