• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phatmac

Hey all,
I have a harmless question that people on here may have enough subject-matter familiarity to help me with.

Q: If I sexually harass the avatar characters of a GAF poster (NOTE: not the poster themselves because sexually harassing human beings is wrong obviously and is also bannable) if its an anime character because of the way they're dressed, is it wrong? If the character is hyper-sexualized then they were designed to warrant my advances right? Again, I'm assuming that that the character (not the poster to be clear) is asking for it. This is okay right? To be clear, I'm only talking about animal and robot anime avatars that are of age because I think its important to have clear rules when walking the morally fine line. I don't want to mince words about this, I'm worried there may be a problem with sexually harassing avatar characters so I want the authorities to weigh in on it before I take this show on the road.

I'd also appreciate it if a mod can weigh in on whether this is against terns of use of GAF to sexually harass avatar characters.

I'm not drunk but after being told by a loved one that this is not okay, I've withdrawn my question and I'm reflecting on my actions :( Please feel free to discuss amongst yourselves if you feel theirs any merit to the topic but I don't need this sort of trouble in my life. I'm sorry for trying to come up with an interesting topic and falling flat. I just wanted to contribute.
...what the hell is this?

Cornbread78

Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka, Akasaka, The Hill Dyed Rose Madder (ep.9-END+OVA)
OK, finally done and I mean FINALLY done.... This show just wasn't that good at all. I like me some ecchi romcoms, even harem based, I can just enjoy dumb fun. However, this one was just dumb... I mean, it did have a couple funny and or cute moments, but liek Line told me, this is another anime created from a adult VN, so it was bound to be crap. And yeah, the OVAsucked too. They tried to be super ecchi with it, but it ended up being just super stupid... Oh well. My call from my last post was spot on about who this MC ends up with, go figure.... They couldn't have broadcast it more from teh beginning....

Next anime up is either Slice's rec.: Asobi ni Iku yo! or better known as "Cat Planet Cuties" don't ask, I have no idea...

or

Final Approach

Synopsis:
Ever since their parents died a few years ago, Ryo and his sister Akane have been living alone together. Despite their difficult situation, they are still living reasonably happy and normal lives. However, everything is about to be flipped upside-down due to a secret government project. Due to increasingly low birth rates in Japan, the Japanese government is testing a program in which two young people are forced to marry. Ryo wants no part of it, but he is given little choice in the matter; his new fiancée, Shizuka, comes to his home late one night with several dozen government issued bodyguards, who are there to ensure the success of the new couple. Unlike Ryo, Shizuka couldn’t be more willing to go along with this new program, and eagerly goes about her wifely duties, despite his objections. With meddling friends, pushy bodyguards, and an overenthusiastic new fiancée, Ryo’s life has taken a turn in a direction the young man certainly didn’t expect

- My guess is that the sister wins here. Of course the sister wins, she wins in all these garbage anime's..

OK, so does anyone have any valid recs for trashy anime that could be fun and/or interesting? These are not really filling that "American Pie" void...

Watched some Shomin Sample, and I've got to say it's actually pretty entertaining. It's a pretty trashy show with mindless fun (and ecchi nonsense, for those who are put off by that kind of thing), but I'd say that not taking itself seriously at all helps it somewhat. The interactions all these overly pure ojou-samas have with ridiculously commonplace items and situations are fun in a completely over-the-top way and there's even room for character development, which is always welcome.

The latest episode (seven) had a fun stinger that explained why the MC's maid said she'd rather have him not wake up when it initially looked like she wanted him to drop dead. Of course it was because
she was kissing him in his sleep, because why the hell not (so lewd).

It's probably the best show in the "Girls Reacting to Modern Technology" genre.

Which basically means that it's more fun than GATE:

Cornbread78

Watched some Shomin Sample, and I've got to say it's actually pretty entertaining. It's a pretty trashy show with mindless fun (and ecchi nonsense, for those who are put off by that kind of thing), but I'd say that not taking itself seriously at all helps it somewhat.[/SPOILER]

Some ecchi mindless fun is sometimes the best things to watch, because they are like fun...

Also, that tag, lol... That was quick...

hipbabboom
Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
(Today, 01:29 PM)

Man, looking back on it, I can't believe I watched Riddle Story of Devil to completion.

Especially with its giant "fuck you viewers" ending.

ibyea

Banned
Hey all,
I have a harmless question that people on here may have enough subject-matter familiarity to help me with.

Q: If I sexually harass the avatar characters of a GAF poster (NOTE: not the poster themselves because sexually harassing human beings is wrong obviously and is also bannable) if its an anime character because of the way they're dressed, is it wrong? If the character is hyper-sexualized then they were designed to warrant my advances right? Again, I'm assuming that that the character (not the poster to be clear) is asking for it. This is okay right? To be clear, I'm only talking about animal and robot anime avatars that are of age because I think its important to have clear rules when walking the morally fine line. I don't want to mince words about this, I'm worried there may be a problem with sexually harassing avatar characters so I want the authorities to weigh in on it before I take this show on the road.

I'd also appreciate it if a mod can weigh in on whether this is against terns of use of GAF to sexually harass avatar characters.

I'm not drunk but after being told by a loved one that this is not okay, I've withdrawn my question and I'm reflecting on my actions :( Please feel free to discuss amongst yourselves if you feel theirs any merit to the topic but I don't need this sort of trouble in my life. I'm sorry for trying to come up with an interesting topic and falling flat. I just wanted to contribute.

...??????????????????????????????

Defuser

Don't watch Asobi ni Iku yo! Most dumbest MC I've ever seen.

If you want brainless romcom.....

Mayo Chiki
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko
Oreshura

Sölf

Man, looking back on it, I can't believe I watched Riddle Story of Devil to completion.

Especially with its giant "fuck you viewers" ending.

I liked the first few episodes. Then I realized each episode is basically the exact same thing. So I stopped after 3 or 4 episodes. So the ending was bad? Okay, one more reason to never finish it.

OK, so does anyone have any valid recs for trashy anime that could be fun and/or interesting? These are not really filling that "American Pie" void...

Cornbread, you should watch Code Geass. It's about time you got rid of this silly notion that Cross Ange is the most insane mecha anime of all time. Oh nononono. That honor has always belonged to Geass.

The first season I think is crazy, but also legit good. It's the second season where it goes from legit good and crazy to crazy and more crazy. It's something you have to see to believe.

Sölf;186644420 said:
I liked the first few episodes. Then I realized each episode is basically the exact same thing. So I stopped after 3 or 4 episodes. So the ending was bad? Okay, one more reason to never finish it.

You know the giant death game? The one where people get large elaborate death scenes?

Everyone survives. Everyone.

Because if you're alive, it means you're being forgiven.

One character gets thrown off a building, falls hundreds of feet, and is shown to be recovering in the finale.

Also, everyone...

Yu Yu Hakusho, which was a poor man's DBZ.

We need to bully Line.

Sölf

You know the giant death game? The one where people get large elaborate death scenes?

Everyone survives. Everyone.

Because if you're alive, it means you're being forgiven.

One character gets thrown off a building, falls hundreds of feet, and is shown to be recovering in the finale.

What the hell.
...this doesn't help. That sounds so stupid, that I am now interested in watching it... xD

Defuser

Cornbread, you should watch Code Geass. It's about time you got rid of this silly notion that Cross Ange is the most insane mecha anime of all time. Oh nononono. That honor has always belonged to Geass.

The first season I think is crazy, but also legit good. It's the second season where it goes from legit good and crazy to crazy and more crazy. It's something you have to see to believe.

You're insane if you think first season is legit good. Episode 22 Eupheminator was the biggest fuck you to viewers and Table-kun says otherwise.

You're insane if you think first season is legit good.
Episode 22 Eupheminator was the biggest fuck you to viewers and Table-kun says otherwise.

Okay first off, spoiler that please.

I disagree because the first season actually had legit well written characters and the craziness that happened later on was the payoff, and even that was well directed and presented.

Episode 23 of Geass is legit one of my favorite anime episodes of all time.

Cornbread78

Is it crazy and or fun? I'm looking for sophmoric American Pie kinda humor. I need something to offset Hyouka and Accel World.

Is it crazy and or fun? I'm looking for sophmoric American Pie kinda humor. I need something to offset Hyouka and Accel World.

It's both. It's not necessarily ecchi (aside from some a few scenes here and there) but watch the first two episodes and you'll get a sense for how much fun is to be had in Geass.

Cornbread78

It's both. It's not necessarily ecchi (aside from some a few scenes here and there) but watch the first two episodes and you'll get a sense for how much fun is to be had in Geass.

Think American Pie here.... That is the kind of humor I'm looking for, lol. Usualy these ecchi romcoms can produce, but lately I just keep getting these really garbage adult VN adatations that aren't as much ecchi, as they are horrible..

Sölf;186646055 said:
Huh, I also have to watch Code Geass at some point.

Yeah you fuckin do

Think American Pie here.... That is the kind of humor I'm looking for, lol. Usualy these ecchi romcoms can produce, but lately I just keep getting these really garbage adult VN adatations that aren't as much ecchi, as they are horrible..

Watch Prison School, it's like American Pie or teenage sex romp movies if they were good or clever at all

Code Geass isn't a romcom show as much as it is a mecha show with a protagonist that's devilishly smart and fun to watch as he uses his power and tactics to take down his opponents and watching his opponents run around screaming trying to figure out what's going on.

And that's only how it starts.

javac

My brother convinced me buy the Geass Blu-rays a while back and I doubt that I'll ever watch it. That money could have gone towards something else :/ Live and learn.

Sölf

My brother convinced me buy the Geass Blu-rays a while back and I doubt that I'll ever watch it. That money could have gone towards something else :/ Live and learn.

If you don't want them, you can send them to me. I will take care of them.

Syrinx

It's a moment best left unspoiled honestly, knowing which episode it is makes you think something is going to happen which takes some of the wind out of it

From Corvo's impressions I knew not only the episode, but at what time the shit was gonna hit the fan.

Didn't change anything; still couldn't believe what the fuck I had just seen.

Russ T

Banned
this is all i know about code geass

Bhecf.jpg

Crocodile

Code Geass is the progenitor of all recent "fuckery" anime ala Cross Ange, Valvrave, etc. The difference is that all those successors are clear diluted imitations. They have no understanding of what made Code Geass good so they are filled with shock content for the sake of shock, inferior characters, shit narratives, shit endings, etc. Code Geass basically started a modern template in anime production, especially for Sunrise, and hasn't been topped since. Nobody should bother watching recent tripe and should just go with the "King". All others have missed and when you aim for the King, you best not miss!

Didn't they have to censor the pizza hut ad placements when Code Geass was actually airing?

I wonder how Funi is going to handle that when they release the series.

JulianImp

It's probably the best show in the "Girls Reacting to Modern Technology" genre.

Which basically means that it's more fun than GATE:

The way they were delighted at sharing a single cup of instant ramen among the whole class was hilarious, but that segment at not McDonald's was a bit boring with the constant jingle and that Ronald expy that looked more like Dark Knight Joker. It was also hilarious how the girls would all ask the MC to help them with the crane game and how they'd almost climax from having him rest his hand on top of theirs'.

Some ecchi mindless fun is sometimes the best things to watch, because they are like fun...

Hakua-sama is all kinds of wrong though. Autistic lolis with a propensity for stripping at random aren't okay, and it's even worse that she's a junior high student that looks like a grade schooler, but the show is okay with placing her in uncomfortable situations since she's actually fourteen... I guess I've got to commend the show on not making her over the legal age of consent though, since it's like hanging a lampshade on such an overused trope ("she might look like jailbait... but she's still jailbait! Now enjoy watching her strip and run around naked at random intervals").

It's funny that the swordwielder that keeps falling prey to cute stuff is a lot more fun to watch than that girl in Angel Beats that was basically exactly the same character. I guess it's the fact that show tried to be romantic/dramatic, while Shomin is all about over-the-top self-aware humor and lewdness, so it gets to play around with its characters a lot more than other, more serious shows.

Cornbread78

The way they were delighted at sharing a single cup of instant ramen among the whole class was hilarious, but that segment at not McDonald's was a bit boring with the constant jingle and that Ronald expy that looked more like Dark Knight Joker. It was also hilarious how the girls would all ask the MC to help them with the crane game and how they'd almost climax from having him rest his hand on top of theirs'.

Hakua-sama is all kinds of wrong though. Autistic lolis with a propensity for stripping at random aren't okay, and it's even worse that she's a junior high student that looks like a grade schooler, but the show is okay with placing her in uncomfortable situations since she's actually fourteen... I guess I've got to commend the show on not making her over the legal age of consent though, since it's like hanging a lampshade on such an overused trope ("she might look like jailbait... but she's still jailbait! Now enjoy watching her strip and run around naked at random intervals").

It's funny that the swordwielder that keeps falling prey to cute stuff is a lot more fun to watch than that girl in Angel Beats that was basically exactly the same character. I guess it's the fact that show tried to be romantic/dramatic, while Shomin is all about over-the-top self-aware humor and lewdness, so it gets to play around with its characters a lot more than other, more serious shows.

OK, now I'm scared, this is Shoman Sample?

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I never know with him

I'm not going to lie, as embarrassing as the last couple of pages have been, this single post actually hurt a little. I don't want you to start thinking I'm weird. I love dogs and always really admired your posts in the Anime, Manga, and Fallout threads. I don't want you to doubt me :(

g gundam has terrible animation

You don't watch Gundam for animation quality. You watch it for robots and political intrigue.

Kamichu - 01

I think 'pleasant' is the best adjective to describe this first episode. So I was originally expecting this to be set in a normal world where the main character Yurie would suddenly become a god and we'd follow how that would affect her normal school life. Instead this apparently takes place in a modern day fantasy setting with some strange creatures and gods being relatively commonplace. As a premise, that's slightly less interesting to me, but this first episode was quite good.

I'm already liking the characters which is helped by some really nice character animation and the overall atmosphere was pleasantly serene.

I remember I watched a few episodes of Code Geass and I didn't like it so I stopped watching it.

I watched all of it. T'was alright. Solid, dumb fun but nothing spectacular. I'll also never get the love for the first OP, the song is bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom