• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

You folks need to watch Princess Nine if you haven't.

It's on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4FTB7SI8_8&index=2&list=PLrrh84y760v_pSExnJHJYuMf7jTEqKzIm

I might watch this at some point, but I'm finishing up the first season of Aim for the Ace right now. By the end of it I'll feel like I've had my fill of sports anime for the time being.

On a different note, if anyone actually remembers me here, it's been a while since I've posted in one of these threads! I originally left to avoid any possible Gatchaman Crowds Insight spoilers, then I got busy with school and sort of forgot to post here. Since I'm bored, I might as well start again now!

Though, there was another thing. I was a bit worried that I was letting this place influence my opinion of things a bit too much. I want to be able to judge things entirely on my own, you know? I don't want to just follow the consensus on things. I'll try coming back here, though I'll try to be somewhat of a free thinker, as well.

The only other AnimeGAF impression of Project Eden I recall is Instro's, and I believe he liked it as well. Project Eden is a very stylishly directed movie with good, brisk pacing, and it is the best entry in the Dirty Pair franchise as well as the best action movie of the 1980s.

This is some pretty high praise! I've never seen any of the Dirty Pair series before; is this a good jumping in point?

What comedy would you call "the Big Bang theory" of anime?

According to the marketing geniuses at Funimation, it's Steins;Gate.

This is some pretty high praise! I've never seen any of the Dirty Pair series before; is this a good jumping in point?

Sure. The series doesn't have any heavy continuity, so there's nothing you need to know before jumping in anywhere in Dirty Pair. Just don't watch the other two movies; they're not particularly good. The TV and OVA series are worth watching, however.

According to the marketing geniuses at Funimation, it's Steins;Gate.

... Uh huh. Would have made more sense to say "the Back to the Future of anime", even if that's also rather silly.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 83
CUljiGWWcAAlH_M.png
CUljiFWW4AIFRN_.png

CUlotm8WUAE4jKg.png
CUlotjzXAAAqILf.png

MusicBoxShipping is canon, I love the animators for it as Sora and Yuzu-oneechan tag team is the best one in ages. I love the Polymerization and the awesome effect of the Furnimals.

Also both united by Yuuya-nii. I cant wait.

I think Selena will lose next duel.

I cant wait for Yuuri to march right in and destroy Roger.

Theonik

The only other AnimeGAF impression of Project Eden I recall is Instro's, and I believe he liked it as well. Project Eden is a very stylishly directed movie with good, brisk pacing, and it is the best entry in the Dirty Pair franchise as well as the best action movie of the 1980s.
It was watched quite widely a few years ago. I am not saying it's bad per SE. Just not necessarily an absolute must watch, perhaps one would argue not even in the franchise.

The last two statements are pretty bold things to say.

Clov

Sure. The series doesn't have any heavy continuity, so there's nothing you need to know before jumping in anywhere in Dirty Pair. Just don't watch the other two movies; they're not particularly good. The TV and OVA series are worth watching, however.

Sounds good! I'll definitely be giving the movie a watch, and if I like it enough I'll check out the TV and OVA series.

Kyuur

What comedy would you call "the Big Bang theory" of anime?

As much as I hate to say it, Genshiken? Group of nerds that's mostly guys, one not-nerd girl, romantic subplots and nerd humour. Seems to fit pretty well. And Madarame is definitely the 'Sheldon' of the group.

Nichijou and Gintama are completely different styles of comedy entirely.

It was watched quite widely a few years ago. I am not saying it's bad per SE. Just not necessarily an absolute must watch, perhaps one would argue not even in the franchise.

The last two statements are pretty bold things to say.

Bold but accurate. I'm curious, what would be your candidate(s) for best action anime film of the 1980s?

Nichijou.

Big Bang Theory wishes it had a tenth of the creativity of Nichijou.

Clov

I love Nichijou, personally. Best skit is definitely the one where they're making a house of cards. That was incredible.

Reminded me of the first bit of the new Yuruyuri episode, actually. Though that one isn't as focused on humor, it was really wonderful to watch. It's great how they were able to get across everyone's personality so well without any dialogue!

Kyuur

There were only three funny skits in it (igo soccer, and BL ones)

No way!

- Octopus Sausage
- Weapons Tsundere
- Lost Wallet
- Principal vs Deer
- Coffee Shop
- Mosquito
- Somen
- Trouble with Dogs
- EHHHHHH

Are all legendary and hilarious. There's problem more than I'm missing too.

Just different tastes I guess.

Defuser

People remember The Daily Lives of High School Boys aka Nichibros in that season more than Nichijou. Ishihara will never be good in nailing the humor aspect, he just use KyoAni's strong animating and budget to cover over people eyes.

I don't mind Nichijou but I wouldn't watch it again. The issue is that the robot/girl/cat become a central part of the show after a while and I couldn't stand them.

The 'professor' girl was a bit too much of a jerk so she was never likable. Made it even easier to empathize with poor Nano, I suppose.

I don't think I even necessarily like the kind of humor present in Nichijou but when you have god tier direction and execution—oh and the production value to go with it—it can work for me nontheless it appears.

Some of the animation is seriously just insane.

Russ T

Banned
People remember The Daily Lives of High School Boys aka Nichibros in that season more than Nichijou. Ishihara will never be good in nailing the humor aspect, he just use KyoAni's strong animating and budget to cover over people eyes.

Oh I must've imagined my laughter.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Hey all,
I have a harmless question that people on here may have enough subject-matter familiarity to help me with.

Q: If I sexually harass the avatar characters of a GAF poster (NOTE: not the poster themselves because sexually harassing human beings is wrong obviously and is also bannable) if its an anime character because of the way they're dressed, is it wrong? If the character is hyper-sexualized then they were designed to warrant my advances right? Again, I'm assuming that that the character (not the poster to be clear) is asking for it. This is okay right? To be clear, I'm only talking about animal and robot anime avatars that are of age because I think its important to have clear rules when walking the morally fine line. I don't want to mince words about this, I'm worried there may be a problem with sexually harassing avatar characters so I want the authorities to weigh in on it before I take this show on the road.

I'd also appreciate it if a mod can weigh in on whether this is against terns of use of GAF to sexually harass avatar characters.

I'm not drunk but after being told by a loved one that this is not okay, I've withdrawn my question and I'm reflecting on my actions :( Please feel free to discuss amongst yourselves if you feel theirs any merit to the topic but I don't need this sort of trouble in my life. I'm sorry for trying to come up with an interesting topic and falling flat. I just wanted to contribute.

JulianImp

Watched some Shomin Sample, and I've got to say it's actually pretty entertaining. It's a pretty trashy show with mindless fun (and ecchi nonsense, for those who are put off by that kind of thing), but I'd say that not taking itself seriously at all helps it somewhat. The interactions all these overly pure ojou-samas have with ridiculously commonplace items and situations are fun in a completely over-the-top way and there's even room for character development, which is always welcome.

The latest episode (seven) had a fun stinger that explained why the MC's maid said she'd rather have him not wake up when it initially looked like she wanted him to drop dead. Of course it was because
she was kissing him in his sleep, because why the hell not (so lewd).

TUSR

Banned
Hey all,
I have a harmless question that people on here may have enough subject-matter familiarity to help me with.

Q: If I sexually harass the avatar characters of a GAF poster (NOTE: not the poster themselves because sexually harassing human beings is wrong obviously and is also bannable) if its an anime character because of the way they're dressed, is it wrong? If the character is hyper-sexualized then they were designed to warrant my advances right? Again, I'm assuming that that the character (not the poster to be clear) is asking for it. This is okay right? To be clear, I'm only talking about animal and robot anime avatars that are of age because I think its important to have clear rules when walking the morally fine line. I don't want to mince words about this, I'm worried there may be a problem with sexually harassing avatar characters so I want the authorities to weigh in on it before I take this show on the road.

I'd also appreciate it if a mod can weigh in on whether this is against terns of use of GAF to sexually harass avatar characters.

I'm not drunk but after being told by a loved one that this is not okay, I've withdrawn my question and I'm reflecting on my actions :( Please feel free to discuss amongst yourselves if you feel theirs any merit to the topic but I don't need this sort of trouble in my life. I'm sorry for trying to come up with an interesting topic and falling flat. I just wanted to contribute.
What the hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom