• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

So it seems that after the new Monogatari arc there won't be more OP's this year. So I guess I'll ask (and open the floodgates):

What's the best Anime opening of 2015?

My personal favorite was the second opening of JoJo part three, I believe it's called END OF THE WORLD or something.

Mainly because it has some good foreshadowing combined with a really badass song.
I also loved how they changed in the final episodes.

You got memed kid.

Lupin, Death Parade, Jojo, FS/N. I feel like I'm forgetting about something but can't really put my finger on it now.

Edit: + Silhoutte from Naruto which has grown on me despite some dumb stuff in it.

Ascheroth

So it seems that after the new Monogatari arc there won't be more OP's this year. So I guess I'll ask (and open the floodgates):

My personal favorite was the second opening of JoJo part three, I believe it's called END OF THE WORLD or something.

Mainly because it has some good foreshadowing combined with a really badass song.

You got memed kid.

Yep, End of the world was great.
I personally really liked Death Parades OP, just because of the stark contrast to the actual show, lol.
Kekkai Sensens OP was also pretty great.
And OPM of course.
Perfect Insider, too.

And I think I'm forgetting some.

Jiriki Hongan Revolution (Karma-kun, Maehara, Isogai, Nagisa, and Kayano- Assassination Classroom

"X.U." by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Gemie - Seraph of the End

are my two favorite OPs for both animation and song. Mr Teacher dance is too addicting, and X.U. is so memorable ( I Dont want nobody to get killed and the action scenes, nice)

Feed A - OLDCODEX from God Eater, so epic and pumps me up, that Utsugi Lenka.

Sölf

I can't decide, there were so many good ones! D:

Starting with the winter 14/15 season, the following ones I would consider my favorites of this year:

- Death Parade (Song and Visuals)
- Parasyte (mainly because of the song)
- Gangsta (Song and Visuals)
- Overlord (mainly because of the song; it also gives me my RPG fix)
- Soma OP 2 (Yeah, "cooking" show... I was just flashed when I saw it for the first time)
- Ninja Slayer (Mainly the song, but also somewhat the visuals)
- Subete F (Mainly the visuals, but the song is also great)

Well, shit. I really can't decide stuff like this.

#1 Lupin 2015

#2. JoJo SC OP 2

#3 One Punch Man

#4 Gatchaman Crowds Insight

#5 Yuri Kuma Arashi

#6 Death Parade

#7 Perfect Insider but the video sucks

#8 Owarimonogatari Ougi Formula

#9 Monster Musume (fite me nerd)

#10 Noragami Aragato

I guess. I like OPs a lot.

Ushio and Tora's OP has one of my favorite synchronizations of music and visuals, when the spirit is revolving around the girl it does it so awesomely in sync with the music.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

You got memed kid.

Yeah, jojo sono chi no kioku is great. Kamikaze douga rules

Would wear Manamis
CUnPFPJUYAAoFgG.jpg:large

Finished Nana

People make awful decisions: The anime

Ill spoiler tag the rest cause I know someone else just started watching it.

The only minor niggle of the show is the ending. You can't really blame Madhouse because they were backed into an unwriteable corner and they just had to bullshit up an end. I mean there are several characters, plotlines that are introduced right before the finish that just no closure what so ever. I would have liked to see Yuri and Mui get more screen time.

On to the good stuff though and damn it was good. Most modern shows struggle to give 1 character a decent story arc. Nana at one point has 8 characters that all have multiple story and character arcs. I was blown away by how much consideration was given to each character and their relationship between each other and the knock on effect those relationships had on others.

Interesting the two Nanas kinda stop being main characters half way through and it becomes more of an ensemble. Oh and the two Nanas are horrible people. Like they aren't two people with some flaws, they are genuinely terrible people. Yet the show manages to still make them likable. In fact you could extend that to the whole cast, favorite characters one second will make you want to tear your hair out the next. Its something I appreciated about the show was the mix of heavy drama with light comedy. But when the shit hits the fan, they know to completely drop the jokes and just let the horrible moments sink in. Jeez there's a strech of episodes around 28-34 that are so hard to watch they are that depressing

Oh Yasu for president and fuck Takumi. That guy drew Griffith levels of hate from me at times.

The only horrible person is that piece of shit Takumi. Nana and Hachi are certainly flawed people, but they're still characters that I find myself rooting for and hoping that they can get over their issues and find something resembling happiness.

Lupin, for sure.

The only horrible person is that piece of shit Takumi. Nana and Hachi are certainly flawed people, but they're still characters that I find myself rooting for and hoping that they can get over their issues and find something resembling happiness.

Even Takumi isn't much of a villainous character but rather someone with misplaced values. He's a jerk and needs to better himself, no doubt, but his behavior doesn't feel purposely malicious.

Clov

Best OPs this year? My favorites are Death Parade, Gatchaman Crowds Insight, The Perfect Insider, and Yuri Kuma Arashi.

Should specify I watched part 1 and 2. Part 3 with jotaru the dick son I started but gave up on. Maybe it gets better from what I hear

Honestly, part 3 has some high highs, but it's not even close to being as good as parts 1 and 2.

Wasn't a huge part 3 fan. I've heard part 4 is much better, at least.

Jaxec

Should specify I watched part 1 and 2. Part 3 with jotaru the dick son I started but gave up on. Maybe it gets better from what I hear

Part 3 gets much better during the Egypt arc. The stand battles get much better and really begins the point in the series where it's not just a show of strength, but a show of wit between users. The first half did have some really good episodes such as Emeperor and the Hanged Man, Justice, The Lovers, and Death 13. The second half though had a ton of fun episodes that had some good comedy and toward the final fights become really exciting.

I've noticed a lot of people hate Jotaro, but that's what I like a lot about Part 3. Even if Jotaro isn't to your fancy, the supporting cast is all types of fun, Polnareff especially ended up becoming a fan favorite.

Edit: Also a lot of JoJo fans will argue that Part 3 is on the lower tier when it comes to JoJo parts. It's underSTANDable (sorry) because this part was Araki testing the waters for stands and it works well because from the second half of Part 3 on, JoJo is a lot of fun. Part 4 especially (anime will start airing in April) is just such a please tell experience.

Even Takumi isn't much of a villainous character but rather someone with misplaced values. He's a jerk and needs to better himself, no doubt, but his behavior doesn't feel purposely malicious.

I mean, that's true, but it doesn't change him being an asshole.

He isn't necessarily evil, but he's definitely a humongous jerk.

jonjonaug

Best OPs this season? My favorites are Death Parade, Gatchaman Crowds Insight, The Perfect Insider, and Yuri Kuma Arashi.

I'm guessing you mean this year. Song and animation combined: Osomatsu-san, Punchline, Prison School, Yurikuma, and One Punch Man were all some of the best of this year. Shimoneta, Ore Monogatari, and School Live as honorable mentions.

Clov

I'm guessing you mean this year. Song and animation combined: Osomatsu-kun, Punchline, Prison School, Yurikuma, and One Punch Man were all some of the best of this year. Shimoneta, Ore Monogatari, and School Live as honorable mentions.

I did. Thanks for catching that!

Phatmac

Death Parade's OP is probably my favorite. Even if the show was disappointing I still listen to more than any other OP from this year. Gintama had some good ones and the current Haikyuu is good.

Cornbread78

Accel World ep. 10-12
Damn, this show is really good. Those battles with the
Yellow King
, then
Catastrophe
were awesome. Lots of emotion was put into the episodes as they figure everything out between the real world and the VR world. It does look like the
armor of catastrophe
attached itself to Haru, uh oh...

Revolutionary Girl Utena 06

So Nanami likes to surround herself with fuckbois and make them fight each other and also Kangaroos. I think the episodes of the show that aren't about THE ABSOLUTE DESTINY APOCALYPSE and that shit are actually more weird and ridiculous then the ones that are. It seems kind of like a fairy tale world where nothing makes sense and everybody kind of rolls with it and Yuri Kuma was kind of like that (an actual fairy tale was a huge plot point in that) so I'm gonna go with that

Should've been Miku and Riina smh

Accel World ep. 10-12
Damn, this show is really good. Those battles with the
Yellow King
, then
Catastrophe
were awesome. Lots of emotion was put into the episodes as they figure everything out between the real world and the VR world. It does look like the
armor of catastrophe
attached itself to Haru, uh oh...

Patiently waiting for the day when that is discussed in the english released LNs from YenPress.

Death Parade's OP is probably my favorite. Even if the show was disappointing I still listen to more than any other OP from this year. Gintama had some good ones and the current Haikyuu is good.

I prefer the first HQ song but Spyair always sounds exactly the same now. And their second song on cds is always better, too bad they seemed to not have done that with their newest one.

sonicmj1

Clannad: After Story 16

So, coming back to this after finishing The Wire Season 4 (which, by the way, blows every other TV show I've seen out of the fucking water), the first half of this episode made me want to just turn the whole thing off and never come back. Tomoya's trepidation about everything to come is handled without any subtlety at all. Even the New Year's Party was the same kind of thing. Ew.

Luckily, I stuck around, and the second half of the episode is the strongest the show has ever been to this point, for a lot of reasons. It helps that the climax of the episode is about actual real people shit, focused primarily, for once, on the character we know the best and sympathize with the most. But the biggest thing setting this sequence apart is that it actually dares to go abstract and start breaking the clean aesthetic that has rigidly defined the entire visual tone of the show to this point. Everything teeters on the brink of absolute elation and absolute despair, both in Tomoya's cracking, weepy voice, in the washed-out bloom of the entire scene, and particularly in his face, drawn and exhausted, all scrunched up trying to smile through the tears. Even when it takes things over the top with flashbacks at the end, it still actually left me pretty choked up. There's a weird kind of beauty in it, and I love how it ends without leaving space for a clean conclusion to the scene. Amazing execution.

DKxCGH2.jpg
Lo0mjQw.jpg

The momentum and abstractness of it reminded me, oddly enough, of the climactic scene where Kyon makes his decision at the end of Disappearance of Haruhi. Kind of a different tone here, though.

God if all that alternate robot world shit turns out to be an excuse for some bullshit Deus Ex Machina later I'm gonna find the nearest magazine rack and knock it over.

I was going to watch the next episode but then the sound in my computer died and killed my forward momentum. It's back now, somehow. Weird. Must be some kind of sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom