• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owarimonogatari and One-Punch Man are more than enough for me.

I don't watch more than two shows anyway. More into backlog and Netflix right now.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well a typical anime battle consists of lots of Ora Ora Ora flailing of multiple punches so just the title, One Punch Man, should give you a hint that it's not a typical story.

Well a typical anime battle consists of lots of Ora Ora Ora flailing of multiple punches so just the title, One Punch Man, should give you a hint that it's not a typical story.

I'm half expecting now for him to ask the typical: "but if he wins with a punch what's the point of the fights?" :D

NeonZ

Lupin the Third 01

That OP song is ridiculously terrible.

Well, I guess this and 2015's intros are both low on the exposition side aside from Zenigata. I am not sure if the film before this did that or not but it still strikes me as rather weird, both in this and 2015. Aside from that it's a rather weird choice for a first episode, much like the first episode of 2015 the episode starts in the middle of what is actually happening without explaining the details of the heist. Which is fine I suppose, but in nearly every heist/crime series I can think of, lots of detail is given into the set up and planning and it didn't seem like they really had a plan other then to win the reward. It just doesn't gel well with me. I suppose it's fairly easy to tell the character roles anyway.

Yeah, the first episode of Lupin's first season is really weird for an introduction. The only thing that suggests it's a first episode is that there's a small monologue describing each character the first time they appear, but the plot of the episode is overall just weird for a first episode. It's not even a proper heist and involves someone with a grudge against Lupin. The fourth episode was when I thought the show really started to shine.

jgminto

What's good so far? Young Black Jack is the only new thing I've watched right now, though I might end up reading the manga instead.

Jintor

i was going to contradict you, but then I realised I don't really know how 'funny' I find it, just kind of compelling to read

blurr

I saw the first episode of OPM which leaked. It's more of a ground work for its setting, I imagine it gets a lot more fun later on.

Kagewani Ep One.

This is going to have short episodes isn't it? I'm interested where this goes , I really like the art style. I hope it doesn't go the same route as Pupa.

Taruranto

This seems like a parody, but then I remembered this was K...

Anyway, S1 had a naked cat-girl running around and random pantsu shots, it's nothing new.

thanks brah

look at this, guys

https://jii.moe/Nk50z6Oyx.mp4

What kind of impression that the staff expect me after watching that?

kwX7V.gif

L.O.R.D

Fairy Tail 2014 E:78

New Opening , be ware of spoilers as always , the new op is good , but no good as the previous one

liked this episode , but felt stretched somehow
everyone reaction when they thought jovia is killed is really good

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk - 01

wait.. are those LIGHTSABERS?! I believe I heard the "whoooom" and "psshiouu" sounds!
Ehhh, you know the deal, special snowflakes, transfer student, tsundere princess name is von blabla german, pantsu, yada yada yada.

but.. lightsabers..

TUSR

Banned
serious question

is hackadoll #3 male?

my buddy showed me a nico link last night and it seemed to imply that.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The Asterisk War Episode 1:

You know what, nope, just nope, it is too early in the morning and I am too without caffination to tolerate something this annoyingly generic an cliched and thus dropped.

I thought the last one is from the first season OP, and they did that with her in the movie too. I wish they would stop.

Wait, that Kizumonogatari thing is going to be a three-parter?

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry for you guys. I know how it feels.

I'm still waiting for the third Nanoha movie.

Young Black Jack 01

Really enjoyed this one.

Only complaints that I have is that while Black Jack himself looks awesome some of the other characters look kinda out of place, the train accident was also bullshit. Couldn't the kid just move or something?

Don't know why Black Jack was so mad that the guy haggled over the price when he himself pressured that poor family in overpaying by a huge amount.

Also, why would anyone in the world trust a guy like Black Jack, he looks super shady.

Ascheroth

Young Black Jack - 01

I have no knowledge of anything Black Jack, but this was pretty entertaining.
I only wish they'd show more of the operation instead of just talking about it and showing fancy needle & thread. And the way the boy got hurt was really stupid, but whatever.
Oh yeah, the OP is totally messed up, lol.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk - 01

Of course it starts with MC walking in on changing heroine, which results in a fight, which results into him pushing her down, which results in a random boob grab.
Sigh... I'm so tired of this shit.

Setting is as generic as it gets: something happened, suddenly powers, schools for powers, MC is a transfer student, etc. Oh yeah, don't forget to throw lots of "cool" made up words into the mix.

The obnoxious fanservice aside, the action looked pretty good.
Will probably continue watching, since I've read the source material. While it's not really anything special it's an entertaining enough read.

And I'm a sucker for tournament arcs, and the whole story is basically one huge tournament arc, so there's that.

What can I say, I'm easy to please.

Young Black Jack 01

Really enjoyed this one.

Only complaints that I have is that while Black Jack himself looks awesome some of the other characters look kinda out of place, the train accident was also bullshit. Couldn't the kid just move or something?

Don't know why Black Jack was so mad that the guy haggled over the price when he himself pressured that poor family in overpaying by a huge amount.

Also, why would anyone in the world trust a guy like Black Jack, he looks super shady.

1. You have no idea of how crazy the situations some of Black Jack's patients get into are.

Early on in the 2004 TV show, a kid ends up with a needle in his bloodstream and Black Jack has to get it out before it gets to his heart.

2. Black Jack's philosophy is that his prices are nothing compared to the cost of a life. Whatever amount he says to pay, you better be willing to pay that amount.

3. That's the thing with Black Jack. A lot of people don't trust him. In fact, in the 2004 TV series, he's actually an unlicensed doctor with a bad reputation because of his prices! People only go to him as an absolute last resort, but all they care about at that point is just saving themselves or their loved ones.

Narag

just because you can use minimalistic cutout-esque animation, doesn't mean you should.

People stay away from this one

I really want to be snarky but this is probably going to be an issue for some people if they haven't watched the first season of Yamishibai, understood why this style was used there, and how its evolved headed into this show.

thatsthejoke
I didn't even know it existed until a couple weeks ago I saw someone link an article about why foreign women are superior to US women. They were agreeing with the site too.

Young Black Jack 01

Desperation drives people to questionable decisions. We see it rather publicly when celebrities with terminal cancer or something equally nefarious attempt homeopathic therapy.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Young Black Jack Episode 1:

I remember owning a Black Jack OVA way back in the day so I know about the character but I am not familiar on his extensive backstory so this seems to be a good jumping on point. Also, this isn't a shitty and generic LN adaptation so it has that going for it as well. Anyway, my takeaway from this episode is that I really want to play some Trauma Team now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom