• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think that's one of your doujins dude

Izzy's parents are the BOAT, but tai and kairi's mum is great too. All the folks are great actually. I'm sad we didn't see TK and Matt's parents (first animated show I remember seeing that ever handled adoption or divorce, unless Rugrats or something did).

I think they kinda addressed some of the PTSD stuff with Tai being like "I see more and understand less" (great line btw), but the problem I think is that while the dialogue is okay the actual show itself doesn't really support it. Like, if Tai had seen people actually being injured by the attacks instead of just destruction, that would help to sell it at least a little more

I don't mean fisting fisting. I mean punching.

Best part was the sfx for this gun.

He lasted for way too long for all the pizza. Mugendramon, MetalSeadramon and Piedmon only got the crust.

Yes but if you knew about Gundam then you would've known the significance of Zero wearing a mask, of Kallen piloting a red mech which I'm pretty sure they flat out say is three times faster than normal mechs, Suzaku's design and his mech being an experimental white mech, and why the royal family is the way it is.

It's a neat tidbit yes, but it's by no means necessary to fully enjoy the craziness of Geass.

The mecha aspect of Geass to me is pretty much a bonus compared to the real meat of Geass.

Cornbread78

Acchi Kocchi ep. 1-3
tumblr_nncqq42QLF1sg1ksjo1_500.gif

I'm not sure what took me so log, but I started an old Cajun rec. today. Holy crap is this show hialriou, safe and super cute, lol. I mean, it's completely clean fun so far and places emphasis on situational 1-liners, but is executed very well with tasteful humor. I laughed way too hard at a few of the jokes, but it is good stuff. The only down side is that the show uses an episodic approach, so there probably won't be a storyline to follow, but I'll accept it for it's humor, because it really is just plain cute and funny!

Qurupeke

Code Geass 2-3

Suzaku is the best. So much better than stupid Lelouch. Lancelot was fucking awesome, it made the other gundams look like trash. Certainly surprised that
Clovis died. I thought he was early boss material.

Karen seems like the best girl so far, that bimbo that apparently loves Lelouch seems stupid. And Lelouch's power kinda sucks.

I don't mean fisting fisting. I mean punching.

He lasted for way too long for all the pizza. Mugendramon, MetalSeadramon and Piedmon only got the crust.

Mugendra...who?
When I rewatched it in the beginning of the year I remembered that they were four but couldn't remember him at all.

Russ T

Banned
I watched from the first episode of Ushio and Tora on Sunday and caught up last night.

Fun show! Nothing spectacular, but fun. Not sure I'd recommend it to anyone, but it's right up my alley, so I'll probably finish up the series, unless it really goes downhill before it finishes.

Oh I know about that one. I watched a few episodes some years ago. I don't remember why I stopped watching, but I did. Sort of my bad habit really. I should get back to it.

You should! It gets gradually better. While I'd say it starts of pretty well already it takes some time for the characters to grow on you and the story becomes more focused after some initial slightly episodic content.

Cornbread78

Another leaf has fallen. Pretty soon there will be no more leaves left.

And then it's just gonna be snow.

Have you seen those threads today on teh gaming side? friggen' graveyards man... Complete graveyards... Mods must be getting pissed at the stupidity.

BTW, I tried to find Slice's post that got him banned, but couldn't find it....

Well, hopefully, he is back soon. Here is a catgirl salute for him with a stern face for gettting banned:

PGmzUWt.jpg

you sure you aren't writing the intro line for the Winter Anime OP?

We got us our OT header for the season.

Have you seen those threads today on teh gaming side? friggen' graveyards man... Complete graveyards... Mods must be getting pissed at the stupidity.

Nothing we can do about it really but wait for Sabre's glorious return. Hope that ban isn't one of those long ones. All of our active members are getting shot down.

Cornbread78

You mean the game where you have breasts play volleyball?

I am shocked that a highly detailed game about women playing beach volleyball has breasts in it.

Just be cafeful what you say, like I said above, it looks like the mods have had enough of it today, lol.

Woman are important members of society. Regardless if their representation is right or wrong in videogames, let's leave the debate in the other threads that are being watched like hawks circling pray.......

phaze

Only watch Part 2, the rest is filled with bad writing.

I agree with DTL.

Seeing new Geass watchers always fills my soul with joy and excitement.

And righteous ire when they end up not enjoying it as much as you did. ;p

Eureka Seven 32-35

I actually found this set of episodes a distinct improvement to what came before. They pushed the main Coralion plot forward faster and farther than ever before andhere was also some basic building that, while 30 episodes late for me, finally establishes some simple facts about the setting. Holland also stopped hoping he'd be the chosen one to bone an alien loli so hat's well, pretty nice too. I still rue the lack of any noteworthy close quarter fights but this show clearly is not going for that kind of thing and the few itano circus cuts in these eps, were some of the best this show produced so far.

To not gush so much: I'm sure that the decision to not off the main villain, already responsible for thousands of lives lost, when he was at their mercy, will not come back to bite Gekkostate's asses. Not at all.

Cornbread78

I have no interest to get temp banned over that anyways when I'd rather have debates over battle thongs and localization of games getting censorship.

Go ahead, be my guest, join the mayhem...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1145618

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1145738&highlight=woman

Eureka Seven 32-35

I actually found this set of episodes a distinct improvement to what came before. They pushed the main Coralion plot forward faster and farther than ever before andhere was also some basic building that, while 30 episodes late for me, finally establishes some simple facts about the setting. Holland also stopped hoping he'd be the chosen one to bone an alien loli so hat's well, pretty nice too. I still rue the lack of any noteworthy close quarter fights but this show clearly is not going for that kind of thing and the few itano circus cuts in these eps, were some of the best this show produced so far.

To not gush so much: I'm sure that the decision to not off the main villain, already responsible for thousands of lives lost, when he was at their mercy, will not come back to bite Gekkostate's asses. Not at all.

You are about to get a crash course in WTF has been going on the whole time. IMO, I wish they spread the world building out more, but I think you should enjoy the last part.. Those last couple episodes I REALLY liked, especially how they deal with Eureka and Anonome.

javac

Recommended a friend at Uni to watch Ping Pong, Gunbuster (since it's short), Akira and the Satoshi Kon films, he recommended that I watch Parasyte , No Game No Life and Samurai Champloo in return. Uni struggle is real.
I'll watch Champloo.

Digimon Tri Ep04 spoilers

So I made a webm of one scene that was supposed to be this pivotal point of change but just felt bland and awkward.

2.2mb webm (with sound)

Just bad direction from the horrible flashbacks, to the over the shoulder shots, weird cutting and lack of speech.

Guess about what you'd expect from the director of the much acclaimed School Days. Oh, he's apparently also the director of Utawarerumono which is actually decently well liked by those watching it here? Well, I know I won't tip my toes into it now.

Recommended a friend at Uni to watch Ping Pong, Gunbuster (since it's short), Akira and the Satoshi Kon films, he recommended that I watch Parasyte , No Game No Life and Samurai Champloo in return. Uni struggle is real.
I'll watch Champloo.

Lmao.

JCG

So what you're saying is that I need to read up on my Warhammer 40K lore before I can truly enjoy the subtleties of Code Geass

I wouldn't say that, strictly speaking, since the show is enjoyable as a whole without such information. But if you have only limited Gundam knowledge you probably won't get that the creators were both aping and mocking Gundam SEED, for instance. It's not exactly subtle either, but it is interesting when you can put everything in context.

Those kinds of details put later events and certain character fates in a different -and possibly more amusing- light. In fact, the director had already done something conceptually similar (referencing and messing around with character types from Gundam SEED) back in the days of Gun X Sword, which is another pretty good show that not nearly enough people have seen (and which also helps explain why some things did -or did not- happen in Code Geass).

I'll watch Champloo.

No Game No Life, save for the terrible fanservice, is okay. Champloo is pretty fun.

Don't watch Parasyte.

javac

No Game No Life, save for the terrible fanservice, is okay. Champloo is pretty fun.

Don't watch Parasyte.

Parasyte was the one he hyped the most heh. He's a cool dude, but when he comes to anime he needs a little work, which is why I name dropped some of the GOAT on him. I brought the A game and he hardly brought his D game. But on a serious note, I was surprised that he never had even heard of Akira. It's fine mind you, not everybody knows everything, some people are casual like that which is cool of course. That's what I'm here for I guess! :p I find it a little cringey to just recommend show after show as if I'm some know-it-all when others could just as easily criticize my viewing habits so I didn't want to just name drop anything and everything, people watch what they like but at the same time it'd be cool to see his reactions to some of what I consider to be the best in the business. Who knows, maybe he'll like them which would be cool, but I'm ready to hear "I found Ping Pong boring" in all honesty. That's fine I guess.

And righteous ire when they end up not enjoying it as much as you did. ;p

Eureka Seven 32-35

It's not whether someone enjoys Geass as much as I did, it's if they reacted to it as much as I did. And everyone always has wonderful reactions watching Geass. :p

Also I'm glad you enjoyed these episodes of Eureka Seven as these are the ones where I feel the show really starts to hit its stride regarding how the Coralians and the Scub Coral work.

Qurupeke

Code Geass 4-6 brought to you by Pizza Hut

Anyway, the Suzuku scenes were great. Lancelot is so hype. I loved the way Lelouch, as Zero, organizes everything too. Still not a fan of him though. He reminds me of Death Note's Light, but dumber. And I had no idea that Not this shittu again guy is
Lelouch's father and the king. And Gintama's Matsudaira voices him, that's gold. lol

Episode 7 was weiiiiird though. Comedy, fan service and stupid coincidences. And I fucking hate the green haired CC girl. She's soooo annoying. I really hate that kind of characters. I don't think there's a character that I've hated that much from the very first moment she spoke.

So far I'm a bit confused with the show. I like the world building and Lelouch's/Suzuku's parallel goals but the school setting and the characters around it kinda suck. I also don't like how the power is used so far. He uses it all the time, but I don't really think he understands that he should be more calculating when he uses it. I have a feeling there will be more/an upgrade to this power though.

Exalted

I'll watch Champloo.

Except of Akira, i actually prefer his list.

6Sv8iTC.gif

Confession thread has a sister fucking dude. Life is 2 anime and I'm grossed out.

I just read a reddit thread that was about that one time where 4 teenagers hacked another guy nearly to death with machetes (face caved in even), buried him alive and one guy and gal of the 4 then proceeded to have sex on that grave.

T'was another grim reminder as to why I removed /r/wtf from anywhere I can see it on reddit. Too bad I can't do that yet on my mobile app of choice. Can easily ruin your day.

pbayne

Code Geass 4-6 brought to you by Pizza Hut

Anyway, the Suzuku scenes were great. Lancelot is so hype. I loved the way Lelouch, as Zero, organizes everything too. Still not a fan of him though. He reminds me of Death Note's Light, but dumber. And I had no idea that Not this shittu again guy is
Lelouch's father and the king. And Gintama's Matsudaira voices him, that's gold. lol

Episode 7 was weiiiiird though. Comedy, fan service and stupid coincidences. And I fucking hate the green haired CC girl. She's soooo annoying. I really hate that kind of characters. I don't think there's a character that I've hated that much from the very first moment she spoke.

So far I'm a bit confused with the show. I like the world building and Lelouch's/Suzuku's parallel goals but the school setting and the characters around it kinda suck. I also don't like how the power is used so far. He uses it all the time, but I don't really think he understands that he should be more calculating when he uses it. I have a feeling there will be more/an upgrade to this power though.

Yeah lancelot is the hypest part of the show.

If there's one thing Geass does right it builds a rivalry between Lancelot and another mech that comes later.

Its such a standard trope of mecha to have the two main pilots face each other a lot, but hey if it ain't broke.

You should check out Wakfu. It was created in France and is probably the only Flash based show that I thought was impressive looking.

I did. It was okay. Didn't grab me.

Well we continue to get animated DCU material (admittedly the quality is somewhat variable), which I'll admit is basically the only US animation I've seen in years. Well that and Star Wars and the one Marvel thing I liked (Earths Mightiest Heroes).

Some of that stuff is OK but it can't even compare to TAS

100% of ojuo-sama characters are annoying.

You are 100% wrong, plebeian.

To get the most out of Geass you should probably be familiar with Gundam or even just Gundam's iconic tropes.

Uhh, no. It's not like an Evangelion thing. Geass is better then every Gundam show anyway.

No Game No Life is amazing

NGNL is one of the most amazingly ugly shows I've ever seen yes. Javac would hate it just going on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom