• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibyea

Banned
Confession thread has a sister fucking dude. Life is 2 anime and I'm grossed out.

I just read a reddit thread that was about that one time where 4 teenagers hacked another guy nearly to death with machetes (face caved in even), buried him alive and one guy and gal of the 4 then proceeded to have sex on that grave.

T'was another grim reminder as to why I removed /r/wtf from anywhere I can see it on reddit. Too bad I can't do that yet on my mobile app of choice. Can easily ruin your day.

D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D:

javac

I like how it looks

Everyone has different tastes. Some people in this very thread consider Ping Pong to be ugly where as other like myself consider it to be one of the best looking shows that I think that I've ever had the pleasure of watching, likewise for Aku no Hana. On the other hand I don't mind watching older shows with crude animation like Macross while others won't touch old shows of a similar nature with a ten foot pole. And then you get some people who just want everything to look like Akira :p For me I just find NGNL really gaudy. Art is subject like that, it's all good.

Puruzi

Banned
I'm having a tough time coming up with anime that I find really bad looking in terms of artsyle

I have styles I love much much more than others, but I can't think of any that I hate

Syrinx

I just read a reddit thread that was about that one time where 4 teenagers hacked another guy nearly to death with machetes (face caved in even), buried him alive and one guy and gal of the 4 then proceeded to have sex on that grave.

T'was another grim reminder as to why I removed /r/wtf from anywhere I can see it on reddit. Too bad I can't do that yet on my mobile app of choice. Can easily ruin your day.
And so you decided to describe it in detail for us...why, exactly?

javac

Episode 5 of Ping Pong is so powerful man, damn I spent a long time on that one when writing my review, which...I'm still not done with. Haven't touched it in a few days, tomorrow! Sakuma is seriously an amazing character.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Episode 23

KENN said Gotcha again perfect timing, I needed that to pick me up. Hes still perfect as Juudai.

Mokey Mokey duel was funny
especially when he used Mirror Gate to turn the tables

Manjoume finally comes back!

Jaxec

Yamato 2199 1-6

Really liking the feel to this series. Korai is awesome and so is the rest of the crew. Looking forward to more of this.

My copy of Ping Pong finally arrived. It's beautiful. This is an easy top 5 anime for me and owning it now is really exciting. I'm gonna try watching it dub now since I've heard the dub is pretty good to, though I doubt it'll be as amazing as the sub. Ain't nobody touching Wenge's VA.

Yamato 2199 1-6

Really liking the feel to this series. Korai is awesome and so is the rest of the crew. Looking forward to more of this.

My copy of Ping Pong finally arrived. It's beautiful. This is an easy top 5 anime for me and owning it now is really exciting. I'm gonna try watching it dub now since I've heard the dub is pretty good to, though I doubt it'll be as amazing as the sub. Ain't nobody touching Wenge's VA.

Somebody watching Yamato? Glorious day!

Cornbread78

Easy - any keyshit and tons of early 2000s anime!

images

Bully..

Some of the fanservice in NGNL is fine.

But the first episode introduces us to the main characters in literally the worst way possible.

That first episode is kinda bad to be honest.

Line_HTX

Have you seen those threads today on teh gaming side? friggen' graveyards man... Complete graveyards... Mods must be getting pissed at the stupidity.

BTW, I tried to find Slice's post that got him banned, but couldn't find it....

Well, hopefully, he is back soon. Here is a catgirl salute for him with a stern face for gettting banned

Slice the catgirl got benched to 3rd string for a few weeks.

Narag's joke, not mine.

jgminto

NGNL had some fun scenarios but it was ruined by the gross fanservice. Even though I finished the season, I would never recommend it to anyone and I doubt I'd watch a second season. It wasn't very entertaining or funny outside of the games.

isn't that the one with cameltoe? :/

In the opening scene with a text overlay informing you that she's 11.

Jaxec

Were any of the games in NGNL thought out and strategy based? I keep people calling it an intelligent anime with intelligent protagonists that use their wits to win. But from the few episodes I have seen it didn't seem like it. To me it was almost like the author worked backwards from Blank winning and that most of their wins could just be summed up with "they're Blank, the never lose". Another thing that kind of bugged me was how good they were at talking and interacting with others. I wouldn't have a problem with this if they were just Otaku, but they're also neets who were saidnto be bad with people and were afraid of interacting with them. I found that weird cause that's never shown to be the case outside of maybe one instance. Well that's enough rambling, maybe I'll try finishing the rest of the series at one point.

Jintor

NGNL is the Sword Art guy's slightly better work that looks real weird where we were mocking bathroom perspective at some point, right?

NGNL is the Sword Art guy's slightly better work that looks real weird where we were mocking bathroom perspective at some point, right?

No, you're thinking of Accel World (which is getting a new season in 2015, by the way).

If people liked No Game No Life, I hope they'd be open to giving director Atsuko Ishizuka's work in Aoi Bungaku and upcoming show Prince of Stride Alternative a shot, even if they're different types of shows. I like Ishizuka, even if she often hasn't been working with great material.

NGNL had some fun scenarios but it was ruined by the gross fanservice. Even though I finished the season, I would never recommend it to anyone and I doubt I'd watch a second season. It wasn't very entertaining or funny outside of the games.

In the opening scene with a text overlay informing you that she's 11.

how can anyone watch that and be okay with it? it's sick

Jaxec

Does anyone know exactly why they highlighted the fact that Shiro is 11 instead of just going with the usual she's an adult loli?

wtf is ngnl then? guess i'll go take a hot look sometime

neet brother and sister pair who are really good with games get teleported to a gaudy world where games are the law and proceed to bully a girl

fun enough series, its the same bullshit power fantasy OP main characters as sao and mahouka but without the completely unfounded and stupid seriousness

Jintor

neet brother and sister pair who are really good with games get teleported to a gaudy world where games are the law and proceed to bully a girl

fun enough series, its the same bullshit power fantasy OP main characters as sao and mahouka but without the completely unfounded and stupid seriousness

ah, at least they got teleported to some kind of weird game world so i guess that bit might've gotten me more confused than usual

Egregious fanservice aside, NGL is a very dumb show that tries to sell off its characters as very clever. Know how they win these important games they play? By cheating pretty much. Really, clever, right?

I suppose some people just enjoy it for its spectacle in a similar manner to Code Geass. At least in the latter show you could somewhat go along with the idea that Lelouch is smart, even though most of his moves and the twists are bullshit there, too.

No, you're thinking of Accel World (which is getting a new season in 2015, by the way).

If people liked No Game No Life, I hope they'd be open to giving director Atsuko Ishizuka's work in Aoi Bungaku and upcoming show Prince of Stride Alternative a shot, even if they're different types of shows. I like Ishizuka, even if she often hasn't been working with great material.

NGNL anime was flawed and the way the director enabled it to be done that was not good. If it wasnt for already being familiar with the LN and characters then the anime would have been completely garbage. Going for comedy instead of drama often ruined many moments I loved.

Lelouches tactics get more and more ridiculous but sometimes his gambits completely fail. I bought into his character being pretty smart. In NGNL the pair just can't lose because they are so good.

btw watch Kaiji

Were any of the games in NGNL thought out and strategy based? I keep people calling it an intelligent anime with intelligent protagonists that use their wits to win. But from the few episodes I have seen it didn't seem like it. To me it was almost like the author worked backwards from Blank winning and that most of their wins could just be summed up with "they're Blank, the never lose". Another thing that kind of bugged me was how good they were at talking and interacting with others. I wouldn't have a problem with this if they were just Otaku, but they're also neets who were saidnto be bad with people and were afraid of interacting with them. I found that weird cause that's never shown to be the case outside of maybe one instance. Well that's enough rambling, maybe I'll try finishing the rest of the series at one point.

I thought the concept of Sora's character was he was a NEET by choice because he was TOO good at reading people, which eventually led him to being shunned by others.

NGNL sounds like Akagi in that respect.

Yeah it's very similar, though in Akagi the entire setup is that Akagi becomes the gambling emperor and I don't think he ever loses. Akagi is deathly serious, though. I prefer Kaiji to Akagi because Kaiji is far more just going for broke on his luck while Akagi plans everything out to the perfect degree. And again with Akagi I could buy him being a genius because of how his character is presented. He is very cold and calculated, somewhat sadistic and not an all around good person but someone truly rotten to the core like Washizu is who he hates most and guns for being taken down.

Jaxec

Egregious fanservice aside, NGL is a very dumb show that tries to sell off its characters as very clever. Know how they win these important games they play? By cheating pretty much. Really, clever, right?

I suppose some people just enjoy it for its spectacle in a similar manner to Code Geass. At least in the latter show you could somewhat go along with the idea that Lelouch is smart, even though most of his moves and the twists are bullshit there, too.

Pretty much sums up how I feel.

I thought the concept of Sora's character was he was a NEET by choice because he was TOO good at reading people, which eventually led him to being shunned by others.

Oh was it? Maybe I missed it then. Thanks for the clarification.

NGNL sounds like Akagi in that respect.
Akagi just can't lose because he's playing a game that will never end.

Yeah it's very similar, though in Akagi the entire setup is that Akagi becomes the gambling emperor and I don't think he ever loses. Akagi is deathly serious, though. I prefer Kaiji to Akagi because Kaiji is far more just going for broke on his luck while Akagi plans everything out to the perfect degree. And again with Akagi I could buy him being a genius because of how his character is presented. He is very cold and calculated, somewhat sadistic and not an all around good person but someone truly rotten to the core like Washizu is who he hates most and guns for being taken down.
I don't know how anyone can stand the Washizu game after what it become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom