• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't think there's anyone who isn't tired of his shit anyways.

Wow how could you say that about Sabre? I know hes a Browns fan and all but come on

(just kidding. Fuck the Browns. Johnny should be freed and be allowed to play for a real sports team)

Anime related I decided to check out Anti-Magic Academy. This show is 100% LN trash but I'm really enjoying it anyway. Closest thing I've watched to Index since Index and this doesn't have Index so its not totally insufferable.

Cornbread78

B Gata H Kei
I even liked the funimation dub on that one. A rarity for me.

I would second this.
If you haven't seen B Gata H Kei, watch it.

B GATA was great fun!

It's English name is Children who Chase Lost Voices, so you've probably seen it.

Also for some fun ecchi (some less ecchi):
Sora no Otoshimono
B Gata H Kei
Baka to Test
Rokujouma no Shinryakusha

Crap, I watches S1 of Sora already, but I forgot there was 3 seasons..

Rokujouma sounds fun; I'll try that one, TY.

You know Shomin Sample would actually be good if they just had the protagonist being a mischievous troll fuckhead preying on the naivety of his harem all the time instead of some of the time. Outside of that, everything about this is generic as hell.

Puruzi

Banned
People that aren't creepy as all fucking hell

anywayz aside from OPM this season is a bust for me. gundam seems alright but i'm not sure about a long term commitment (assuming it's a 50+ eps series).
whatever dude, show was entertaining

don't give a shit about fanservice

Jaxec

Damn rightstuf has the limited edition D-Frag Bluray/DVD for $35 (down from $70). I'm really tempted to buy it since I really enjoyed the series.

Dammit they also have Spice and Wolf the Complete Series Bluray/DVD for only $22.49! (Down from $55) So tempted!

The more I see giant robots fighting the more I realize it really really isn't for me. Never really was. Gurren Lagann is the exception. But like why create a robot in a humanoid shape? That can't be the most battle efficient shape. Also why swords/melee weapons at that?

I know that we can't nitpick anime because you could nitpick something I like easily as well, but man. I really don't know why gundams/giant robot battles in particular bother me.

Except Power Rangers, they're boss as fuck.

MarkusRJR

Is there anything good this season that's available on CR? I feel like everything is super fanservice-filled or really generic. The only show that has me moderately interested is The Perfect Insider and OnePunch Man.

If nothing is all that great this season, does anyone have any good recommendation for a good romance, drama, or mystery anime? Preferably something available on CR so I can watch it on my Xbox.

Exalted

The more I see giant robots fighting the more I realize it really really isn't for me. Never really was. Gurren Lagann is the exception. But like why create a robot in a humanoid shape? That can't be the most battle efficient shape. Also why swords/melee weapons at that?

I remember an mecha show, where the explanation was that so it's more easier for the pilots to use, but they were partly mind controling or something them, instead of just using the stick, and the closer the mech proportions were to the pilot, the more eficient it was ( a tall pilot was more agile with a tall mech, and with a similary proportioned length of limbs)

But mostly it is because they are cool, and you can do far more animation wise and cool scenes with a mech than a tank.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Is there anything good this season that's available on CR? I feel like everything is super fanservice-filled or really generic. The only show that has me moderately interested is The Perfect Insider and OnePunch Man.

If nothing is all that great this season, does anyone have any good recommendation for a good romance, drama, or mystery anime? Preferably something available on CR so I can watch it on my Xbox.
Have you seen Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?

Power Rangers is dumb.

I mean are you telling me Bulk and Skull...
BulkAndSkull.jpg

are the ones who would bully the Power Rangers?

Really? I can't suspend my disbelief that much. I can't wrap my head around the Power Ranger's universe and its rules.

Show is dumb.

*goes back to watching From the New World*

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I remember an mecha show, where the explanation was that so it's more easier for the pilots to use, but they were partly mind controling or something them, instead of just using the stick, and the closer the mech proportions were to the pilot, the more eficient it was ( a tall pilot was more agile with a tall mech, and with a similary proportioned length of limbs)

But mostly it is because they are cool, and you can do far more animation wise and cool scenes with a mech than a tank.

Ultimately the preference for humanoid combat machines is just a deeply-ingrained cultural thing stretching back to Tetsujin 28-go/Gigantor. It's always just been "the way things are".

Power Rangers is dumb.

BulkAndSkull.jpg

Really? I can't suspend my disbelief that much. I can't wrap my head around the Power Ranger's universe and its rules.

Show is dumb.

BRUH BRUH

Their theme song was the best thing ever composed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwup4ItqyNQ

Straight up Banjo Kazooie.

I just recently made a list of everything on Crunchyroll I would recommend, so let me just repost that:

5 Centimeters Per Second
Ai-Mai-Mi
Akagi
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Bakemonogatari
Cardcaptor Sakura
Chihayafuru
Dragon Half
Encouragement of Climb
Erin
Fate/Zero
Flowers of Evil
Food Wars
Gankutsuou
Gintama
Girls und Panzer
Haikyu
Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East
Hourou Musuko Wandering Son
House of Five Leaves
Hozuki no Reitetsu
Humanity Has Declined
Hunter X Hunter
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Kaasan Mom's Life
Kagewani
Kaiji
Kids on the Slope
Kimi ni Todoke
Kyousougiga
La Maison en Petits Cubes
Love Lab
Lovely Muco
Lupin the Third Parts 1-3
Magical Somera-chan
Meganebu
Mononoke
Monthly' Girls Nozaki-kun
Moyashimon
Mr. Osomatsu
Mushishi
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Natsume Yujin-cho
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Non Non Biyori
Poyopoyo
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen
Sabagebu
Samurai Flamenco
Shin Sekai Yori
Shirobako
Silver Spoon
Sket Dance
Sound! Euphonium
Space Brothers
Teekyu
The Eccentric Family
The Place Promised in Our Early Days
The Rose of Versailles
Time of Eve
Tonari no Seki-kun
Tribe Cool Crew
Tsuritama
Usagi Drop
Ushio and Tora
Wagnaria
Yowamushi Pedal
Yurumates3Dei

Now as far as your specific requests, I would recommend checking out:

Current season: Mr. Osomatsu
Romance: Kimi ni Todoke
Drama: Flowers of Evil
Mystery: Unless you're willing to start Case Closed/Detective Conan at episode 600-something, afraid I can't help you here.

Power Rangers is dumb.

BulkAndSkull.jpg

Show is dumb.

The entire point of those characters is that they're comically inept. Of all the reasons to call it dumb, the comic relief characters are why?

Taruranto

Kuroko no Basket Season 1 - END
Anominichii (or however you spell is name) is a beast. I can't wait to see him lose.

Some really great action over the past few episodes, and really over the entire series. Yeah, they cut corners a lot - but when they do a big action scene they really commit to it. Was disappointed that they introduced a fan service character - but the fan service was only in like 2 episodes, was pretty minor, and she ended up being quite the clever girl, so its not a big deal.

Its not as good as Haikyuu!! That show just felt super polished in terms of visuals, and every character had depth and development. The development here is not nearly as well realized - especially amongst the non-main characters that make up each team. However, the side characters do still get a lot of screen time, and with distinctive personalities, they're all a lot of fun.

I love the guy with the funny lips.

Gonna move on to season 2 tomorrow. As I've said previously, I don't really like basketball. More for personal reasons rather than there being anything wrong with the sport itself, but I do genuinely hate playing it. So the fact that I'm enjoying this so much is a real treat.

Don't worry. S2 is when they stopped pretending they were playing basketball and started their Dragonball Z matches.

BRUH BRUH

Their theme song was the best thing ever composed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwup4ItqyNQ

Straight up Banjo Kazooie.

Okay that is pretty good.

The entire point of those characters is that they're comically inept. Of all the reasons to call it dumb, the comic relief characters are why?

I didn't actually mean any of that. I was making a joke about the relative simplicity of the Power Ranger's universe in comparison to From the New World....

...And now I'm explaining the joke.

Which is clearly the hallmark of successful comedy.

Cornbread78

You're speaking my language here:

Your Lie in April
Plastic Memories
Angel Beats
Toradora
ef-A Tale of Memories
White Album 2
Golden Time
Ore Monogatari
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!
SNAFU
Usagi Drop
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Yona of the Dawn

There are some Crunchy essentials for you. Make sure you come back and post impressions.

bobawesome

You're speaking my language here:

Your Lie in April
Plastic Memories
Angel Beats
Toradora
ef-A Tale of Memories
White Album 2
Golden Time
Ore Monogatari
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!
SNAFU
Usagi Drop
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Yona of the Dawn

There are some Crunchy essentials for you. Make sure you come back and post impressions.

Usagi Drop is really good and short at only 11 episodes. It's the only anime I've managed to finish in a single sitting. Not that I make a habit of watching 11 episodes at a time or anything...

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

I know that we can't nitpick anime because you could nitpick something I like easily as well, but man. I really don't know why gundams/giant robot battles in particular bother me.

Rules of cool.

Now that i think about it, heavy object mecha seem to be far more efficient than gundam. It's literally a walking fortress filled with thousand of weapons.

Cornbread78

Usagi Drop is really good and short at only 11 episodes. It's the only anime I've managed to finish in a single sitting. Not that I make a habit of watching 11 episodes at a time or anything...

Yeah, Did you ever watch Aishiteruze Baby? That show was really good as well, but a different take on the genre.

Russ T

Banned

shh shhhh it's okay

i watched 16 episodes of space brothers in one sitting today

(after 5 yesterday)

only 78 more to go!

MarkusRJR

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Guess I'll either watch Golden Time or Usagi Drop. Since I'm more in the mood for a romance show I guess I'll watch Golden Time first. Really never post impressions, but I might this time. I kinda feel like binge-watching, so hopefully I'm not too annoying by posting constantly.

Generate

Banned
Sölf;186731783 said:
So, after 5 episodes, Code Geass is still cool. Lelouche is pretty scary.

Code Geass is one of a kind. You will experience withdrawals attempting to replace it after you've finished.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Anime GAF, help me: I have serious OPM withdrawal. I need some great, humorous anime with fights of the past 5 years. Already seen Jojo and KLK. FMA also done. Gogogo, I need the shounen spirit!!
More left field choice: Astro Fighter Sunred. It's technically a fraction older than five years but it's similar to OPM with it's heroes in real life angle.

I just recently made a list of everything on Crunchyroll I would recommend, so let me just repost that:
You seem to list almost every show on there and yet miss out on the best thing they've got, Mitsudomoe?
8FQI6Sb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom