• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eureka Seven 45

Christ on a bike ... I thought I've grown accustomed to the pain this show metes out on a regular basis but this, yet another, dose of cringeworthy Eureka-Renton-kids drama triggered me. End this show now pls.

To think I started out being cautiously optimistic about those kids...

"Oh they'll just play their part in establishing Eureka."

*40+ episodes later*

"MAMA! WAAH!"

World Trigger 56
CU7s0lcWwAAA1YO.png
CU7vI49WEAA7B-a.png

We got them in swimoutfits thank you so much for this Toei. I needed it for Yuma, Xeno, Karasuma, and Satori, if only Izumi and Midorikawa had been able to be here too. So fun.
tumblr_nyjrg7O7xe1qbxqfpo1_540.png
tumblr_nyjrg7O7xe1qbxqfpo2_540.png

The actual plot stuff though
that has to be the worst hit Yuma has ever received, knocked from the creature to the roof, then down to the ground AND he made a huge crater, ouch.

Best face.
tumblr_nyjr82Tcb91qbxqfpo1_540.png

John Blade

Man...what a great way to start this show. So much potential is coming from this 1st episode. You have a great story to start with and continue right to the end. You have Onizuka who is a bad ass guy who you like and he won't let anything get in his way to become the best teacher. Also, you get a touching story with Mizuki who have issue in her life and Onizuka literally break the wall of her issue so she can solve it. Man...why didn't I watch this show when it was release in North America as this is actually very good.

jett

D-Member
No, they're very much still demons. It's just that they're seen as human sympathizers or on the human's (Yusuke's) team, so they're lumped together with them.

Oh yeah they made it clear pretty soon after that heh.

This is one unique tournament arc to be honest, since it's mostly about the enemies being a bunch of cheaters! At least they get what's coming to them. :p

Line_HTX

Man...what a great way to start this show. So much potential is coming from this 1st episode. You have a great story to start with and continue right to the end. You have Onizuka who is a bad ass guy who you like and he won't let anything get in his way to become the best teacher. Also, you get a touching story with Mizuki who have issue in her life and Onizuka literally break the wall of her issue so she can solve it. Man...why didn't I watch this show when it was release in North America as this is actually very good.

One of the rare series that's amazing no matter the medium, be it the manga, the anime, or the live action.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you vote it #1 on your AOTY list, I'll sign up for the game, Admiral.
Done. There's nothing I care about this year anyway other than Shimoneta, which has no chance, and Monogatari, which also has no chance. lol

I might sell my vote for Kinmoza as well, but again... it's a show with no chance!

I couldn't imagine its in my top 100 for the year.
I know hyperbole is supposed to be hyperbolic, but I would actually challenge you to name 100 shows better than Kancolle this year. lol
And I'm not even it's greatest fan!

That's what makes Haikyuu great though. Lots of build up to the actual matches. Season 1 had a lot of that as well.
I quit Haikyuu and Baby Steps at around episode 12 last year basically because they were sports obsessed, but do they do anything in Haikyuu not related to either training in the gym of playing the sport? Like do they just hang out and mack on the manager/other girls or do whatever it is that teen boys do in 2015?

I quit Haikyuu and Baby Steps at around episode 12 last year basically because they were sports obsessed, but do they do anything in Haikyuu not related to either training in the gym of playing the sport? Like do they just hang out and mack on the manager/other girls or do whatever it is that teen boys do in 2015?

Not really. It stays focused almost entirely on the sport. Even the bits of character drama you get are done through the lens of how it affects their game.

Ehhh, a lot of my favorite shows aren't going to do very well.

Somehow I don't think people are gonna vote for Garo, Yona of the Dawn, or Assassination Classroom.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ehhh, a lot of my favorite shows aren't going to do very well.

Somehow I don't think people are gonna vote for Garo, Yona of the Dawn, or Assassination Classroom.
After a few years of this, I sort of realized that for me anyway, the lists are more of an intellectual exercise to get me to remember what I watched in January more than anything else. I stump for the obvious #1 choice (Hyouka, Yamato, Ping Pong) but this year there isn't anything that I care about enough to even think about campaigning for it in a meaningful way.

So like any voter, I'm willing to vote for whoever gives me the biggest tax break and/or scares me into thinking that they'll protect me from ferriners.

And when the animegaf Illumanti meets to decide the winners.
If such a cabal existed, Rebellion would have beat out Kaguyahime. lol

I need to do Kaleido Star first I think.
(Well, I need to do Kanon and Utena and LOGH but you know :p)

Haikyuu S2 09

This show is just so uplifting. After an exhausting week at school and long busy day at work today, this show just puts a smile on my face and makes me want to keep giving my best. Failure is a part of learning. Hard work eventually shows results. It all pays off. Next week we'll be seeing the fruits of all the training and all the personal experiences each player went through. I haven't watched the next episode yet obviously, but I can already safely predict that it is going to be hype as fuck.

Jaxec

Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen 9

Really enjoyed this episode. It was nice to see some more of the old gang again. Poor Haku though. Can't even enjoy his hard earned pay for himself.

Haikyuu!! Season 2 Episode 9

This show really knows how to do a training arc right. Much of this season has been training and it's still in my top 10 anime of the year. I love how a lot of my boys are getting focus and growing through this. This arc has succeeded in making me more invested toward the characters and I applaud it.

Brave Beats Episode 7

I love the song they play while dancing and their dance but yeah, the baby dance moves need some change. Hopefully Air Beat can lend them a helping hand. Honestly surprised Breakin and Adeline dont have more advanced moves.

Also Maito is great. I love when kids animes does this.

CU8RgaoWIAAn-wP.png

Asterisk 09

It was alright. The robots being silly was... well, silly.

Cavalry 09

"I should try to be as businesslike as I can" - Ikki Kurogane

The whole shack scene was incredibly erotic. And of course in typical anime fashion even though the girl threw herself on to the guy, he refuses.

Well what's the Cabal going to go for this year? There isn't a whole lot else.

Well Gintama deserves to win it this year but since it's a long running series not many are going to pick it. It's honestly the only series this whole year that's been consistently solid.

There's Blood Blockade Battlefront another series that was good and one of the very few series that peaked my interest.

Looking back this year for anime has been very mediocre.

Quasar

Cavalry 09

"I should try to be as businesslike as I can" - Ikki Kurogane

The whole shack scene was incredibly erotic. And of course in typical anime fashion even though the girl threw herself on to the guy, he refuses.

Hardly a surprise from a super honourable guy like Ikki. And I guess being a secret relationship with a foreign princess plays a part in that.

Its kind of interesting to see how with Failed Knight they are quite happy to more or less skip all the fighting tournament scenes and focus on other stuff. Which seems pretty unusual for a magic fighting school anime. Which I'm fine with as I'm never really interested in those scenes unless they tell us something important about a persons character.

Hardly a surprise from a super honourable guy like Ikki. And I guess being a secret relationship with a foreign princess plays a part in that.

Its kind of interesting to see how with Failed Knight they are quite happy to more or less skip all the fighting tournament scenes and focus on other stuff. Which seems pretty unusual for a magic fighting school anime. Which I'm fine with as I'm never really interested in those scenes unless they tell us something important about a persons character.

Pretty much yeah. Basically, Asterisk focuses on the fights and the tournament, while Cavalry is the opposite. The latter is my favourite of the two because of that. Also, Asterisk is incredibly cheesy. The whole "pat my head" thing this week made me cringe so hard.

Utawarerumono 09

So basically all Kuon does on her days off is eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom